Derby ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, RobboM said:

Not just last week but since signing Atkinson hasn't looked to be a good enough defender. I don't think Neilson trusted him as  a straight like for like replacement for Michael Smith at right back so when he was subbed he made the change to shape which contributed to the draw. We've got a RB problem.

Thats a fair point. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• davie1980

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• RustyRightPeg

49 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thats a fair point. 

Agree. Smith was off the pace yesterday and got caught out a few times. The jury is out on Atkinson, certainly from a defensive point of view. 

ArcticJambo
7 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Just rewatched the equaliser...

It's a long throw. Rowles is nearest to the man receiving the ball and decides to go for the challenge then realises he won't get there and drops off. He probably expects the man to control the ball but instead it's chested off to Boyle putting Rowles way out of position. To his credit, he tries to bring down Boyle but misses and stumbles. Boyle plays the ball to (I think) Youan who skins Halkett and hits a ball hard and low back across where Sibbick might have intercepted but Boyle nips in ahead and Gordon has no chance.

All three are to blame, but it's basically a loss of judgment and timing due it being the 95th minute. They switched off.

Hopefully Neilson is all over that but also reflecting on his own error of judgment in making so many changes at the back in the closing stages. The players were all over the place.

Aye, but what's cochrane doing. I'll tell you what, he's watching the winger Jouan turn and run pass him.  He then makes no effort to catch him or even cut inside to where a ball might be cut back.  For me he gets the biggest bollocking.  I could at least see what the others were trying to do.

ArcticJambo

And that includes Atkinson coming over from marking the wide man and trying to block a cut back between Sibbick and Gordon.

I'd also say that the interplay between Jouan and Boyle, including Boyle's out-in-and finally out, for the final touch, was top notch, unfortunately!

Edited by ArcticJambo

7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's my take from it too, Gordon only had 2 saves to make, but he done it well (not counting the goal obviously), I thought Shankland, Boyce, and Haring all had really good games along with Rowles, the rest were middle of the road and bang average, I didn't think it was a good performance at all against a woeful Hibs side and we sat further and further back from midway through the second half, when it was very clear that if we kept on attacking them, then they were folding at the back very easily, our finishing was poor, but probably fell to the wrong players. Rocky Bushiri makes Sibbick look like Virgil Van Dyke, he's that bad! 

Indeed. 

Here’s the reality, it’s 4pts from two games. It’s okay. 

The performances have been bang average and I can’t think of a better word to deacribe them so far than “meh”. 

The recruitment is also not much more than a “meh” but with time left in the window.  

More questions than answers remain on formation, right side of defence and dynamism from the  midfield forward. 

I was disappointed overall by our use of the ball for long spells yesterday. 

Also my Son and I player a game last year before every game. Will we score from a corner? Will we score 3 or more? Will Barrie McKay score? All three are rarities even with Mckay scoring last week. 

The reality is, we're going to be seeing a different team every week for the foreseeable future.

These threads are guff as nobody ever agrees anyway. Good ego boost for Geoff is about all.

Time to suck up the negativity and enjoy Football because it's going to be a rollercoaster this season.

We looked like a side that hasn’t had the time to properly gel yet. I’m taking it as a compliment they are all so happy with a draw against us. 

On 08/08/2022 at 01:46, Led Tasso said:

I'm not all that far from you on this, but can I imagine Celtic doing it? Ange's Celtic do it all the time. It's how we caught them once last season and nearly got a result at Celtic Park. They roar at you for 60 minutes then the steam goes out.

There's a big difference between starting fast and runing out of steam and tactically sabotaging yourself