Derby ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gordon - 8 - Had to make one save in the game and it was a cracker. Should be fuming at Sibbick for costing him a clean sheet

Smith - 6 - Solid

Cochrane - 8 - Excellent second half on top of a good first half

Halkett - 7 - No pressure on him at all

Haring - 9 - MoM. Dominated the midfield. Night and day from last week

Rowles - 7 - Looked much better in a back four and untroubled throughout

Grant - 6 - Got stuck in but his set pieces were woeful

McKay - 7 - Moments of genius including setting up the goal but his misses cost us in the end

Shankland - 8 - Goal, goal line clearance and gave their centre halves nightmares

Boyce - 7 - Did the dirty work up front. Almost an assist with Atkinson

Forrest - 6 - Not his best but never hid

Subs:

Atkinson - 5 - Much better than last week. Unlucky not to score

Sibbick - 0 - Cost us the two points

Devlin - 3 - Got stuck in

Halliday - 1 - No time

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• davie1980

• XB52

• tiger Rudi

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Leitch
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Neilson 0 - If ever there was a game to sum Robbie Neilson up then this was it. 

Totally baffling changing formation. You wonder what goes through his head. 

Mr Brightside
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 8 - Had to make one save in the game and it was a cracker. Should be fuming at Sibbick for costing him a clean sheet

Smith - 6 - Solid

McKay - 7 - Moments of genius including setting up the goal but his misses cost us in the end

Shankland - 8 - Goal, goal line clearance and gave their centre halves nightmares

Subs:

Halliday - 1 - No time

Think you have nailed it with the ratings. No disagreement on the scorings.

im going to switch it up for this one and give the fans a 3

what i dont get is if u have 100 loyalty pts why u no singing pal? u would think if someones going to every game home and away they would give a wee song a go every so often

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Smith - 6 - Solid

Subs:

Halliday - 1 - No time

Pretty much agree Geoff,  apart from 

Smith > To old to slow , was caught for pace numerous times. Although I don’t think he will get much game time this year . If he does , we are in trouble 

Grant > Needs to really up his game, I would have had Devlin  in from the start 

ToadKiller Dog

The Nelison out squad have been woken up ,missed them.

Cochrane, Harring and Shankland excellent .mckay good as was Boyce .

Gordon was Gordon.

Observations, Rowles and Halkett look like a strong defensive unit to me. I was a bit frustrated seeing Cadden and their LB given so much time and space to put in crosses but as pointed out to me, McKay isn't a defensive player and you're not going to get that out of him. Despite that, I thought Cochrane, Smith and Atkinson all did really well. Atkinson with some very silky play especially. Forrest didn't have a good game, but McKay mostly did, although he needs to convert his chances. I count two that should have been goals. Grant shouldn't take corners. Boyce takes too much time on the ball and I think thats to the teams detriment. Does a power of work, but needs to think sharper, don't think its changing though. Shankland played really well. We get balls into the box, he'll score goals. 

Sibbick contributed nothing and his mistake cost us a derby win. I don't think he can be relied on as a CB. He's looked shaky constantly and the assurance Rowles has came in with says to me that Sibbick isn't cut out to play CB. The brief glimpse we got of him under Stendel was a stalwart performance in midfield. Let him compete with Haring and Devlin for that CDM role. 

A real gut punch of a result. Piss poor finishing has again cost us points like it did last season. When we get chances like what dropped to McKay and Atkinson we need to be converting them. Anything less and we'll get more gut punches. 

Gordon 8

Smith 6

Halkett 8

Rowles 8

Cochrane 9

Haring 9

Grant 6

Forrest 6

Boyce 8

McKay 8

Shankland 8

Atkinson 5

Sibbick 2

Devlin 3

Halliday N/A

Scott Leitch
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The Nelison out squad have been woken up ,missed them.

Cochrane, Harring and Shankland excellent .mckay good as was Boyce .

Gordon was Gordon.

Surely we are allowed to criticise him? Same as when players get it. Doesn't mean everyone who does criticise him wants him out! 

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Smith - 6 - Solid

Subs:

Halliday - 1 - No time

I’d change Grant to a 5, although improved 2nd half he messed up almost everything he attempted in the first half.

I’d have Haring an 8, played very well, but not good enough for 9.

Other than that, I’m going to say spot on. Now, Sibbick was at fault for the goal, as he was clearly ball watching rather than tracking Boyle, but I’m not going to blame him for the draw. He’s no more at fault than say McKay was for his missed opportunities that would’ve put us out of sight. The tactics too meant we sat far, far too deep and relied on a knackered forward line to hold up the play, which meant the ball kept coming back to us. Far too harsh to put the dropped points solely at Sibbick’s feet.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Smith - 6 - Solid

Subs:

Halliday - 1 - No time

Pretty much this but disagree with Boyce. Gifted possession too much for me. Still invites the contact and the foul rather than move the ball on quickly IMHO

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Smith - 6 - Solid

Subs:

Halliday - 1 - No time

Explain please? 

Id advise you to go and watch the goal back. Rowles dropped off and Halkett got burned.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Pretty much this but disagree with Boyce. Gifted possession too much for me. Still invites the contact and the foul rather than move the ball on quickly IMHO

This is true actually, I felt he generally was better than usual with distribution of the ball, but now you say it most of the time he was just taking the ball in or flicking it on and going down. Just allows them to gather their bearings in defence.

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I've defended him a hundred times on here. Often because we set up defensive and changed it later in the game.

Often starting with 7 defensive players keeps it tight early then we change and get something, some times it doesn't work.

But today we set out ambitious and showed, on their patch, that we are a better team.

We then swapped a fullback for a centre back, and a winger for a full back. And changed to a more defensive set up.

Then we subbed a supposedly more creative midfielder for a combative defensive one then finished by taking off a forward for another fullback.

Every change took us deeper and in the end we invited pressure and sat in and lumped the ball out just for it to come back at us and in the end we got what we deserved.

That was entirely down to mentaility today and a team with a winning mentality, who have beeen the better team for the vast majority of the first 80 minutes don't fold like that.

Robbie was being praised for his set up at the start and he is to thank for us being the better team for long spells but has to take the blame for that result, which should never have happened.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Explain please? 

Id advise you to go and watch the goal back. Rowles dropped off and Halkett got burned.

You are correct of course, but Sibbick too was at fault for ball watching. He should be spotting Boyle and cutting off a pass or getting tight. That being said, there are some that just want Sibbick to fail and will blame him for the points dropped which is not anywhere near the case.

Scott Leitch

I thought Atkinson was shite when he came on. Got lucky with a few moments coming away with the ball. Seen nothing in him so far.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Explain please? 

Halkett correctly went to the ball. Sibbick was spare and spent it ball watching. A glance around, he steps out to Boyle and the chance is gone.

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, Masonic said:

what i dont get is if u have 100 loyalty pts why u no singing pal? u would think if someones going to every game home and away they would give a wee song a go every so often

Yup. 

heartandsoul
17 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

This

AlphonseCapone
14 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Were you trying to get folk singing? 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Halkett correctly went to the ball. Sibbick was spare and spent it ball watching. A glance around, he steps out to Boyle and the chance is gone.

right so the root of the problem wasn’t Sibbick and he’s scrambling back to cover like the rest of the back 5 were. Or was it Sibbick in your eyes purely because he was on the pitch? 

Blame culture on this forum is ****ing embarrassing. Hiding behind a keyboard. 

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I thought Atkinson was shite when he came on. Got lucky with a few moments coming away with the ball. Seen nothing in him so far.

He gives me the fear, frankly.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

right so the root of the problem wasn’t Sibbick and he’s scrambling back to cover like the rest of the back 5 were. Or was it Sibbick in your eyes purely because he was on the pitch? 

When it comes to Sibbick it's becoming apparent that is the case for some.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sibbick didn't do his job. He gets the blame for the equaliser.

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

erm......that's what an internet forum is, a place where people give their opinions whether you agree or not, and aye, everyone is behind a keyboard, even you.

thehibsareintheirbeds
11 minutes ago, Homme said:

Cochrane my MOTM for the second week running. Just superb.

Agreed, think he's been brilliant. Not sure if he was involved in their goal but solid throughout

PhoenixHearts

Maybe Robbie Neilson deserves some criticism but how can people say we improved in the second half yet at the same time say the change of shape was all wrong? Thought we were good and created chances throughout the 2nd even after the change of shape. 

The change was made because Hibs were finding a lot of space in wide areas. Atkinson actually did very well going forward today, so it wasn't an ENTIRELY defensive change. We still created chances after going to a back 3.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sibbick didn't do his job. He gets the blame for the equaliser.

Trying to rectify his teammates errors makes him the scapegoat. 

You ever stepped foot on a pitch?

They should have been buried long before injury time.. 

Sat back and payed the price.. 

Cue the VHS on sale tomorrow down @ the San giro..

Always in our shadow

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So you weren't blaming Rowles and Halkett

And presumably your birth certificate has "Rusty Right Peg" on it?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Trying to rectify his teammates errors makes him the scapegoat. 

You ever stepped foot on a pitch?

Yes I have. He wasn't rectifying anything, he was in No Man's Land.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

erm......that's what an internet forum is, a place where people give their opinions whether you agree or not, and aye, everyone is behind a keyboard, even you.

aye but I don’t make a beeline to crucify the players I support every weekend. Some can’t wait to come on here and batter away on their keyboard blaming everything but the actual issue. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

aye but I don’t make a beeline to crucify the players I support every weekend. Some can’t wait to come on here and batter away on their keyboard blaming everything but the actual issue. 

If you think I posted simply to "crucify" Sibbick then you are away with the goalie. Sibbick was fine last week and I said so if you would care to go and look.

Chuck Berry

That's forums. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you're allowed to criticise and praise, whilst still supporting the team.

Holyrood_Hearts

Rowles gets caught out early in the move & Halkett gets beaten by pace. Sibbick’s ball watching & doing nothing 

David McCaig

Today was the day Alex Cochrane become a man, absolutely immense and his best performance in a maroon jersey.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Maybe Robbie Neilson deserves some criticism but how can people say we improved in the second half yet at the same time say the change of shape was all wrong? Thought we were good and created chances throughout the 2nd even after the change of shape. 

The change was made because Hibs were finding a lot of space in wide areas. Atkinson actually did very well going forward today, so it wasn't an ENTIRELY defensive change. We still created chances after going to a back 3.

Atkinson was pretty poor mate.

And he came on for Forrest, there's no way you can say that wasn't a back ward step

Smith > Sibbick (CB on for a RB)

Forrest > Atkinson (RWB on for RW)

Grant > Devlin (CDM on for CM)

Boyce > Halliday (**** sake)

Every change was a negative one and took us deeper.

You could see the mentality of the team became about holding on and by the time we were in injury time we were camped in our box lumping it up the pitch.

Eights and nines against the worst Hibs line up I have ever seen is not for me.

We were the far better team, but still need more players.

A bit of pace and some signs of players looking fitter would be a start.

Our fitness looks awful.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

And he came on for Forrest, there's no way you can say that wasn't a back ward step

You could see the mentality of the team became about holding on and by the time we were in injury time we were camped in our box lumping it up the pitch.

Atkinson should have put us two nil up. Thought he looked very good going forward. Work to do defensively but even then I thought he did an acceptable job.

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We all support Hearts , unfortunately, at times due to poor performances we also analyse the game and highlight areas of improvements , this is normally done without maroon tinted glasses on . It can be a hard and confrontational  for elements of the support , however once you have embraced the process it’s actually not so bad .

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Rowles gets caught out early in the move & Halkett gets beaten by pace. Sibbick’s ball watching & doing nothing 

Pretty much sums it up 

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Atkinson should have put us two nil up. Thought he looked very good going forward. Work to do defensively but even then I thought he did an acceptable job.

I'm maybe forgetting bits but I remember him losing the ball and his passing being off.

Was unlucky with his deflected shot. 

6 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Pretty good summary of the subs, thing is I was hopping Devlin would start rather than Grant as I thought his energetic style of play would have helped in midfield