***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Neilson article saying Kingsley hasn’t trained this week but hasn’t ruled him out altogether. Still says touch and go rather than saying he’s out so still hopeful he can make it. Devlin and Gino back in contention too

Can’t wait until we have Beni Kingsley and Devlin all back and fit for us

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

I don't think Stevo's comments are particularly helpful to be honest, but this isn't someone at the club saying it, just an ex player. It may fire them up but I don't read too much into these articles, we should be fired up anyway to get tore in about them and lay down a marker for the season. I'll be surprised if Kingsley starts if it was a hammy. Better leaving him out rather than risking him breaking down then being out 6 weeks or so. For me Grant has to start, he's a different dimension in the middle of the park and if we can get him and McKay involved we will be onto a winner I think. McKay seems to take rough treatment in games like this so would be good if he can be prominent on Sunday and rip them a new one. 

Hibs appear to have pace up top and after the way we were exploited last week we will need to be wary of the ball over the top down the channels. We aren't exactly blessed with pace at the back. 

Stevo is just our version of Tam McManus, albeit we prefer reading his words than his counterpart.

None of what either says has any impact on derbies. I'd be very concerned if our squad was triggered by McManus comments so it says a lot about the Vermin if Stevo's words affect them.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A bit auld but, hey! With Gandhi on our side We're winning this!

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

No chance we win 3 or 4-0. When was the last time we had a runaway away win in the league?

We are a better team. They are at home. 1-1 or 2-1 us. 

Before Christmas, both at home. 

We have more goal threats in the team now though. 

Absolute Scenes

the difference is Stevo is 100% correct in what he says - we are by far the bigger and better club. McManus is just delusional

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

i have a feeling beni will back sooner than the original date. Souttar, for having chocolate achilles, was always back ahead of schedule (albeit i know a cruciate is a worse injury!)

7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

A bit auld but, hey! With Gandhi on our side We're winning this!

😄 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i have a feeling beni will back sooner than the original date. Souttar, for having chocolate achilles, was always back ahead of schedule (albeit i know a cruciate is a worse injury!)

I think he will be too ……… I also expect supporters to not understand that it takes a while to get match sharp and so start saying he is not very good after a couple of early games getting up to speed

A_A wehatethehibs

Hibs are looking for their first derby win of the 2020s we’re a quarter the way through the decade now 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

No chance we win 3 or 4-0. When was the last time we had a runaway away win in the league?

We are a better team. They are at home. 1-1 or 2-1 us. 

The heart says..... but this old head has to agree with you unfortunately.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hibs are looking for their first derby win of the 2020s we’re a quarter the way through the decade now 

Exactly and although it is becoming a bit cliched it is undeniably accurate to say that this is the natural order of things

Having Forrest and McKay both play means hibs won’t know who to target. Without doubt they’ll be kicked about all game but they hold the key for our goals. Could see a red card in this game 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Having Forrest and McKay both play means hibs won’t know who to target. Without doubt they’ll be kicked about all game but they hold the key for our goals. Could see a red card in this game 

Josh Campbell and Joe Newell bringing their hammers no doubt

If Devlin is fit to start I'd like to see him and Grant as the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 formation with McKay, Boyce and Forrest as the 3 behind Shankland. Think they would cause Hibs a lot of problems and with Grant pushing forward to make 5 in attack would be great to see.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

download (25).jpeg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, dougal said:

If Devlin is fit to start I'd like to see him and Grant as the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 formation with McKay, Boyce and Forrest as the 3 behind Shankland. Think they would cause Hibs a lot of problems and with Grant pushing forward to make 5 in attack would be great to see.

like that

Only thing is we still need physicality in the middle and that's where Haring is a good shout. Start with Haring and Grant i think, bring Devlin on to add energy.

Edited by Absolute Scenes

A wee peak over there and they are very confident.  From worst hibs team ever after league Cup exit to world beaters after scrappy win over 10 man saints. 

Whilst i think it will be a tough game i still expect us to win even 1-0 will do me

Not an entirely serious question, but...

Does "Porto" resemble a Tattie Heid (from the 1980s Smiths crisps advert)?

smiths crisps potato heads.png

Hibs 'legend' Graham Mitchell 🤣🤣🤣

I suppose he did win the League Cup with them but Christ, you could probably count the amount of derby wins he enjoyed on one hand. The guy was utter shite. 🤣

Edited by neilnunb

40 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

A wee bit. 

Those two both look a bit too alert and focused though. 

Porteous has a classic case of 40 watt eyes. 

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I don't think Stevo's comments are particularly helpful to be honest.

The journo will be taking him out for a good lunch and asking his views five pints in. 

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Stevo is just our version of Tam McManus, albeit we prefer reading his words than his counterpart.

None of what either says has any impact on derbies. I'd be very concerned if our squad was triggered by McManus comments so it says a lot about the Vermin if Stevo's words affect them.

Totally. Just the red tops trying to manufacture some hype and clickbait. 

August Landmesser
59 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

I always see this guy when I look at him

Untitled.jpg

Do we 100% know for sure we're playing away from home here? Would be great if the club & the SFA would confirm this...

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Hibs 'legend' Graham Mitchell 🤣🤣🤣

I suppose he did win the League Cup with them but Christ, you could probably count the amount of derby wins he enjoyed on one hand. The guy was utter shite. 🤣

Was it not Mitchell who scored their goal to end the 22inarow?  If that makes him a legend, I'd point the previous 22 games perhaps in opposition to that view! 

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Was it not Mitchell who scored their goal to end the 22inarow?  If that makes him a legend, I'd point the previous 22 games perhaps in opposition to that view! 

Was that not Gordon hunter?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hunter, grand opening of the Wheatfield iirc. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Man, lots of confidence on here. Just can't get there before playing this mob. I don't think there's as much between us and them as I'm reading. I'll take a win, any win, but head and wallet say 0-0 or 1-1.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Bunny Munro

The thing that Stevo has right is that we are bigger than this fixture. 

We could lose this game but beat Zurich and go to the Europa League groups, and beat Killie and get in a cup quarter final, all before the end of the month.

Hibs lose this game and they have nothing, nothing at all. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Man, lots of confidence on here. Just can't get there before playing this mob. I don't think there's as much between us and them as I'm reading. I'll take a win, any win, but head and wallet say 0-0 or 1-1.

My only concern is that they are as much of an unknown quantity as Ross County were at the weekend.

I get the point we started slowly but we also didn’t really know how they were going to shape up with their new signings - as our defence showed!

It is similar with the hobos - none of us really know how they will shape up, who will start etc. Even if they are shit that’s still a risk. David Wittenvem scored on his debut for us against Rangers FFS…

9 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I just think we have too much up front and if we play to our strengths we can turn their defence inside out.

Unknown user
17 hours ago, RDSK said:

Unfortunately I’m far more ITK when it comes to the goings on across the city than I am this side.

The Portuguese FA have notified Hibs that Jair Tavares has to serve a suspension this weekend and is therefore out of the derby. 

He's absolute pump from what I've seen, but he played last week 

Mitchell’s comments just confirm the rot in Hibs clubs thinking of the fixture.  Just another game etc.  

thank god we don’t. It’s drummed into players what is expected.

Cathro era aside 

We should be going out to hammer this shower of utter garbage and putting a marker down for the season. 

4-0 Heart of Midlothian. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We should be going out to hammer this shower of utter garbage and putting a marker down for the season. 

4-0 Heart of Midlothian. 

Yup, it's 'Hammer Time' ...

No Idle Talk

Hibs week! My favourite weeks of the season. Now that the working week is over the excitement is kicking in. 

I don't think there will be many goals in this one. I'm thinking 0-1 to us. Possibly 0-0 if we're not at it going forward. 

I hope the 3-4-3 is ditched for this one. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 please, Robbie. 

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

The thing that Stevo has right is that we are bigger than this fixture. 

We could lose this game but beat Zurich and go to the Europa League groups, and beat Killie and get in a cup quarter final, all before the end of the month.

Hibs lose this game and they have nothing, nothing at all. 

Good post. We will win on Sunday though. 

colinmorewasgash

For me Hibs are ones that can't handle the pressure from the club players to the fans they get so wound up talk crap in press and turn up hoping. We expect to go and win and its crap when we even draw never mind lose however they celebrate draws with laps of honour so Stevo has a point. What worries me more is the clown in charge who has previous open season kick a hearts player and i ll do nothing.

Screenshot_20220805-181401_Edge.jpg

Gorgierools
4 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

For me Hibs are ones that can't handle the pressure from the club players to the fans they get so wound up talk crap in press and turn up hoping. We expect to go and win and its crap when we even draw never mind lose however they celebrate draws with laps of honour so Stevo has a point. What worries me more is the clown in charge who has previous open season kick a hearts player and i ll do nothing.

Screenshot_20220805-181401_Edge.jpg

To be fair he didn't have a clear line of sight.you can't expect a grade 1 international referee just to guess, can you?