***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Soap, mouth, your, out, with, wash.

Please re-arrange 👆 into a well known phrase. 😆

What's wrong with the customary 6-3 (or, in this case 3-6) prediction? Mind you, as much as I can imagine us sticking 6 past them, I cannae see H1b5 scoring more than a consolation.  😉

Remember this game? Total scenes in the away end. I'd forgotten about their #13 having a blatent stamp but well remember the ironic cheer from the Hearts support at their consolation goal. Watch this to the end and you can't fail to spot their empty stands. I predict a similar fire drill on Sunday.

Also; decent pen from Clare, a superb strike from Bosanic, and a cool finish from Washington.

The post-match squeeze over the 'Bridge of Doom' was a total joy that day.

Ps ... my spare ticket has been snapped up. 

Good, Good.

You are correct

4-1 Hearts!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

37 minutes ago, One five said:

same score coming up mate 👍

432AFB59-2B70-46A2-B67A-C1D941904FBE.png

3-1 in Hearts' favour is par for the course, hence £130 coming your way.

The youngsters in this vid? 😆

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if this happened before Sunday 

Always gonna happen at some point. 

jambo_4_eva
13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Has Boyle been training anywhere?

With hibs this week. Think the club he plays for will want to loan him out though. Seemingly on 29k a week. Hibs would need to stump up some cash if they want him again. 

Bizarre that some folk wouldn’t start Haring.

He’s our best midfielder. Yes derby games can be frantic, but sometimes it just takes calm and for someone to put their foot on the ball.

6 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

With hibs this week. Think the club he plays for will want to loan him out though. Seemingly on 29k a week. Hibs would need to stump up some cash if they want him again. 

Aberdeen linked also. Don’t think the club have paid full amount so sounds similar to shankland deal 

1 hour ago, Callumr51 said:

Any fans from Belfast on here? I’ll be there this weekend and looking for somewhere to watch the game 

Me now, but I'll be away in glorious Dundee this weekend for a mate's wedding on the Saturday.  Maybe future games if there are enough people interested to get a pub sorted? 

18 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Probably just come to some agreement in the same vein as how we have done deals recently.

I suspect they will score first, and this place will implode, before we take control of the game.  We have enough quality to put them under serious pressure, but we need to start applying it from the very start, something we seem to have real problem with doing. 

3-1 Hearts, but we'll make hard work of it in the first half. 

I would think they’ll use the same tactics as they did for last seasons SC semi final and try and bully us.

That thug Newall kicked the $hit out of McKay early doors and basically negated any influence he then had on the game.

We have to be physically ready for them and win the individual battles.

Based upon the R.C. Performance I’m not confident.

Really hoped I’m wrong though.

As usual, these tramps are going to come flying at us in the first 25 minutes.

We have to be ready for that.

If we weather that storm we'll batter them later in the game after they've blown their hole.

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

3-1 in Hearts' favour is par for the course, hence £130 coming your way.

The youngsters in this vid? 😆

😂, and brilliant day for him👍

The rumours surrounding Boyle are interesting.

Some guy on ‘spoonwarmers.net’ has implied that there would be tax implications if Boyle was to return to the UK within a year of leaving.

Based on their rumours that he was getting 29K a week I would hazard a guess that there is no way he will be anywhere near Fester Road on Sunday.

14 minutes ago, PHSCAndy said:

Some guy on ‘spoonwarmers.net’ has implied that there would be tax implications if Boyle was to return to the UK within a year of leaving.

Based on their rumours that he was getting 29K a week I would hazard a guess that there is no way he will be anywhere near Fester Road on Sunday.

Banderson reporting he could be on his way back.

51 minutes ago, PHSCAndy said:

I would think they’ll use the same tactics as they did for last seasons SC semi final and try and bully us.

That thug Newall kicked the $hit out of McKay early doors and basically negated any influence he then had on the game.

We have to be physically ready for them and win the individual battles.

Based upon the R.C. Performance I’m not confident.

Really hoped I’m wrong though.

McKay set both the goals up.

0-1

Hearts doing enough to get the job done, and 3 points heading back to EH11.

I reckon Newell, or Porteous to see red.

Just now, rmreido said:

0-1

Hearts doing enough to get the job done, and 3 points heading back to EH11.

I reckon Newell, or Porteous to see red.

Newall will be a thug, Porteous is reckless, and I'll add Rocky to your list of potential reds. I suspect it'll come down to who the ref is.

Should Devlin start then I hope he keeps the heid otherwise he might be a candidate should he react to the two you named.

I read on another website that our manager struggles in big games and if we lose on Saturday, we'll be hiring planes with messages displayed.

Oddly enough, i thought successive derbies last season were big games.  One of them consigned hibs to the bottom 6 and cost them a lot of money.  The very next week, we beat them in the semi final of the Scottish Cup and cost them another lot of money.

Big teams win big games and the supporters of one of them rakes in circa $145,000 every month. 

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Has Boyle been training anywhere?

At the local swimming pool apparently, his diving is on point.

Hibs will come flying out the traps -

We will sit back but Craig will keep them at bay - Robbie will change to a more attacking formation after 60 minutes - 2 nil Hearts!

As I ponder this contest I am mindful that this is hibs 6th competitive fixture and our 2nd.  That might play a small part in the first half but only a small part.  Nothing to worry about really.

Disser Pointon
11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why ahead of Cammy rather than Haring?

Simply because Cammy has been out injured and Haring hasn't. I also think Haring perhaps brings more to the table for this particular game, especially at set pieces both defensively and offensively.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

As I ponder this contest I am mindful that this is hibs 6th competitive fixture and our 2nd.  That might play a small part in the first half but only a small part.  Nothing to worry about really.

Remember that time the had played a quarter of a season and where in the division above and we hadn't kicked a baw! 

😂😂

Bazzas right boot

I don't think we'll see many "Hearts 0" scores this season ( outside the OF, might be a few in Glasgow). 

Most teams if not all are going to need to score 2 or more goals to beat us. 

Hibs aren't doing that. 

Disser Pointon
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't think we'll see many "Hearts 0" scores this season ( outside the OF, might be a few in Glasgow). 

Most teams if not all are going to need to score 2 or more goals to beat us. 

Hibs aren't doing that. 

Well said Bazza.

I'll be in Aberdeen sat/sun at a 50th. With the kick off time being 12 Im wondering the best pubs for watching the match?? Thanks. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

Simply because Cammy has been out injured and Haring hasn't. I also think Haring perhaps brings more to the table for this particular game, especially at set pieces both defensively and offensively.

Haring has been getting some stick, I don't know why

Regardless of whether he has great pace, he has great temporal awareness

Beni's fantastic in this regard, very fast reactions, noticeable in 1st match against the mhanks

In that game he lost ball once, won it back immediately

The point is, Haring is very aware of how much time he has on ball before anyone gets near him; they'd have to foul him before he gets ball to team-mate, a large percentage of the time

Paul Lambert would be best example of this; not saying he's perfect, but pace is taken out of the equation

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Homme said:

Probably just come to some agreement in the same vein as how we have done deals recently.

The difference being the money they’ve spent already was the money they got for Boyle, surely this team will not pay the rest of whatever fee is still to be paid and not pay up the rest of his huge contract. Would Boyle give up millions to return? He’s an Aberdonian after all. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Cheating Beaton is the ref.

I see

Can any of us recall a derby with him as ref?

Ah, the semi-final, where he let the shite kick lumps out of us, before finally sending off that grovet, Newell

How many reds should they have had? 4? 3?

I suppose he should be up to speed on their thuggery

We'll watch him closely, for sure

11 hours ago, PHSCAndy said:

Tax implications for the tumbling toupee. He's probably not been out the country long enough to avoid UK tax on his Saudi wages. Shame 

🤞

10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Newall will be a thug, Porteous is reckless, and I'll add Rocky to your list of potential reds. I suspect it'll come down to who the ref is.

Should Devlin start then I hope he keeps the heid otherwise he might be a candidate should he react to the two you named.

I think people underestimate how intelligent devlin is. He’s our Scott brown. He knows how to wind people up and be feisty without getting sent off.

He seems pretty well liked by referees and opposition players too. He’s always smiling and laughing with them after altercations. 

I just checked and he’s never had a red card in his career…

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, OTT said:

Not really a big fan of the derby being so soon. I think Johnson will set up defensively and it will be a cagey game. I don't want to see us drop points this early, so hopefully we can soldier through and get the win. I think man for man we have a better team. 

we always seem to play them early, sure they fixtures are rigged lol.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Beni's fantastic in this regard, very fast reactions, noticeable in 1st match against the mhanks

The point is, Haring is very aware of how much time he has on ball before anyone gets near him; they'd have to foul him before he gets ball to team-mate, a large percentage of the time

Paul Lambert would be best example of this; not saying he's perfect, but pace is taken out of the equation

Haring is pretty slow all round, awareness, transition and with pace. 

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

In the 0-1 Olly Lee game at Easter Road I remember Haring being head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch before he had to go off injured early in the 2nd half.  Grant or Devlin in beside him though as with all due respect I hope we never see the Smith/Haring combo again going forward.

18 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

I will certainly be along - 55yrs, handsome, 6’2’’ and built like a brickshithouse and possibly wearing maroon !!! 

🤣 58, 6ft was built like a brick shit hoose, and most definitely be wearing maroon.  🇱🇻

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Steve Fulton was another player who had the above qualities in spades. 

Any kind of win will do me but here is my preference for the day:

Both teams are fairly equal but hibs get a dodgy penalty in the first half and score. Their confidence grows and the "sunshine on leef" gets an airing.

84 minutes on the clock still 1 nil to them.

We score a beauty via a pile driver from 30 yards from Jorge Grant or similar.

Hubs arses collapse and on 89 minutes, we go up the park and its almost a carbon copy goal from last week with a few 1-2's and then a deadly cross by cochrane is put into the back of the net by James Forrest. 2-1 Hearts!

The Hearts are having a party and the hibs are in their beds!!!

Mon the Hearts!

We’re well overdue a big score line against these tramps, I want to put 4 or 5 past them on Sunday 

My main concern is us passively easing ourselves into the game. If so, it could scupper our chances.

Hibs aren't up to much, though, and

if we start on the frontfoot and play well for, say, an hour across the 90 then I'd be confident of Hearts winning.

C'mon Hearts. Get them beat.

A Tynecastle, Hampden, Easter Road three-in-a-row sounds good.

Hopefully they set up defensively, they'd never keep us out for 90 minutes, especially given we now have a potent attack down both sides and a Shanks in the middle. Think they will come out flying as per, burn out after 25mins so unless they are 2 or 3 up by that point we'll still **** them over like the last game at Tynecastle. 

5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Hopefully they set up defensively, they'd never keep us out for 90 minutes, especially given we now have a potent attack down both sides and a Shanks in the middle. Think they will come out flying as per, burn out after 25mins so unless they are 2 or 3 up by that point we'll still **** them over like the last game at Tynecastle. 

Thing is do they have the ability to come out flying in any way shape or form?  in reality I don't really see it.  There seems to be very very little what I'd call intelligence in their team.  Other than maybe Cadden and Henderson, I just don't see anyone who could hurt us.  Even comparing them to Ross Co, they have way less.

You are right though, our boys just need to be calm and take whatever it is Hibs come out with and professionally dispose of them.  We certainly won't be bullied by their nonsense, we have to hope the ref won't be either (unlike most times they play us and Saturday against St J).  Our chances will come, whether we come out the blocks 100% an hour or take our time, we'll control the game.

Hibs might get a fluke, it happens.  If football breaks out, they've no chance.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Thing is do they have the ability to come out flying in any way shape or form?  in reality I don't really see it.  There seems to be very very little what I'd call intelligence in their team.  Other than maybe Cadden and Henderson, I just don't see anyone who could hurt us.  Even comparing them to Ross Co, they have way less.

You are right though, our boys just need to be calm and take whatever it is Hibs come out with and professionally dispose of them.  We certainly won't be bullied by their nonsense, we have to hope the ref won't be either (unlike most times they play us and Saturday against St J).  Our chances will come, whether we come out the blocks 100% an hour or take our time, we'll control the game.

Hibs might get a fluke, it happens.  If football breaks out, they've no chance.

Hibs will try and start fast. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs will try and start fast. 

Try is the big word here.  They've tried that in the last few derbies and there's been this narrative that they dominated or whatever.  Truth is they didn't lay a glove on us other than the Tynie on where the scored and we belted them for it.

I've said this before but was at Robbo's book launch and he talked about how Doddie used to tell them that Hibs will come out all blood and snotters and do everything at 100 miles an hour.  They were told just keep cool, don't back down and when they run out of puff, you'll beat them, quite simply because you're better than them.   That's the attitude I want from us - of course I want us to be at them, but I want us just to know we're better than them - put the effort in, let them run aboot and kick everything, pick them off.  It's what we've always done.

Nothing has changed in the that 30 years.  Even in that 3-1 game, I was speaking to a ex-Hearts player about it and he knew we'd win even at 1-0 down cos Hibs would burst.  They're basically not bright!!  We've got a team full of good professionals and not a lack of talent either.