***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

31 minutes ago, Locky said:

I do like big Toby but games like tomorrow, he scares me. Had a bit of a mare IIRC vs them last time at Easter Road, albeit I'm sure he made a decisive block late on.

I don't think you are remembering correctly tbh, he was excellent last time out at Easter Road including a crucial block on the line that stopped us losing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Rowles Cochrane

Grant Haring

Forrest Boyce McKay

Shankland 

This team will destroy them

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Watching the hammer throwers in the Games. Reminded me the derby is close

😂😂😂😂😂

Montgomery Brewster
33 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

FTH. 

That’s my take on the match. 

Correct. I am with you.  All we need to do is turn the **** up and play our own game. **** being concerned with those ****ing mutants who are all their usual confident selves. I like my vermin confident. 

GORGIE RULES 

F T H 

Weakened Offender
27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A bit harsh.  There are definitely improvements he can make and he is still young.  He is stronger than Smith going forward.

Agreed. 

47 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Another good reason to keep the two things apart. Give me 10 pints I'll talk football all night but never politics. 

I take your point, mate. I was highlighting your singling-out of one set of supporters.

No matter. Let’s get behind the boys tomorrow.

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Ehh naw. Wtf has that to do with football?

Yes I'm a Tory and anti  SNP. I don't drag my political beliefs into football. Leave that to celtic.

F66k the Tories always

Mr Elwood P
42 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Yes, it just exaggerated his weaknesses.

He is a defensive liability at the best of times.

Absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Ehh naw. Wtf has that to do with football?

Yes I'm a Tory and anti  SNP. I don't drag my political beliefs into football. Leave that to celtic.

Lol I’ll sing it louder for you 😬👌🏼😂

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I would go:

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Rowles  Cochrane

Haring  Grant  Devlin

Boyce  MacKay

Shankland

Tough one to leave out Forrest 

3 minutes ago, One five said:

1-3 if we play shit 0-4 if we just play 

5382AAA3-8DE7-4735-BD27-FBFBDCBEF28B.jpeg

60349C2E-8CA4-4651-AE96-3F9AEBF44260.gif

80/1 for 0-4 to us so I threw a tenner on it. Shanks to score first and us to win 1-3 is 66/1. Had a tenner in that to. Will happily settle for 3 points though but I hope we absolutely batter them. Champing at the bit to get in about them tomorrow. FTH 🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

80/1 for 0-4 to us so I threw a tenner on it. Shanks to score first and us to win 1-3 is 66/1. Had a tenner in that to. Will happily settle for 3 points though but I hope we absolutely batter them. Champing at the bit to get in about them tomorrow. FTH 🇱🇻

Hope we both win mate 👍

58CC1987-9696-47D0-ACA7-B031A0DB1A43.png

16 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Tough one to leave out Forrest 

Totally agree.  I think at ER we need a bit more steel in midfield. The only way they will win is by kicking us off the park.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

So why do you think RC targeted him?

He was sick and having a mare. Nobody is disputing he got ripped last weekend. Generally though, he looks a very promising young player.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He was sick and having a mare. Nobody is disputing he got ripped last weekend. Generally though, he looks a very promising young player.

One bad game players get slaughtered on here get a grip !

InternationalJambo

We need to be wary tomorrow as they will be all blood and thunder for the first 30 mins before they gas out. If we keep composed and stick to the game plan I can see us picking them off with some ease. Just hoping the players aren’t rattled in the early stages and whatever you do hearts don’t concede an early goal. 

Gorgie rules. 

15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Totally agree.  I think at ER we need a bit more steel in midfield. The only way they will win is by kicking us off the park.

Forrest will play he’s got enough about him to handle a few digs, he’s played against them enough times, and started out at Ayr in a tough league where he’d be targeted week on week.

7 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

One bad game players get slaughtered on here get a grip !

One bad game… do you go to games? Everyone knows he has the first touch of an elephant, his positioning is awful and he makes crazy wayward passes when under pressure. Very much the weak link in our squad.  Yes he is young and he can improve his ability to defend, it is though a bit late and much harder to improve his touch now.

lost in space
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear.  Still waiting for you to admit you were slavering, which was proven by our 3rd place finish and cup final runners up spot.

I would have more tolerance with you if you admitted you were talking drivel.

Perhaps someone will give you a reality check over what Hearts can realistically achieve over your fantasy.

What a sad post. So much angst. I hope you are OK.

21 minutes ago, McCrae said:

They tried that in the semifinals and I think they will try again tomorrow without a doubt.

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I agree that was by far his worst performance. I agree he has the potential to improve. I don’t think he should be starting when we have such a strong squad. My biggest concern is his technical ability. At his age it is so difficult to improve and it is no where good enough to be a regular starter for the club.

Holyrood_Hearts

Think we’ll go: 

Smith Halkett Rowles

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane 

forrest Shankland McKay

I’d keep Grant & Boyce on the bench incase we need to change it up. We have to start well tomorrow, they’re shite and we have to be positive & go after them early doors. 

Ccjambo1874

If we need more steel in midfield I'd rather we sacrifice a centre back. Gives that steel in midfield.

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Kingsley/Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Haring/Grant

Forrest Boyce McKay 

Shankland.

Devlins energy is a must if fit. Boyce isn't shy to drop in at the top of a triangle either and likes to get stuck in. Still allows us that out ball to Shankland with wingers out wide for width. Compact enough to cover most areas.

I'm not overly confident of 3 at the back without Kingsley. It was evident last season when we missed 2 out of Souttar Kingsley and Halkett last season in games. Even one sometimes.

4 at the back with Smith for a bit more experience at the back also.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

Heartsofgold

Pre derby nerves have hit me big time. I don’t think this will be as easy as we think. They are crap but the Boyle signing may give them a bit of a boost. We need to be on the top of our game. 

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Forrest will play he’s got enough about him to handle a few digs, he’s played against them enough times, and started out at Ayr in a tough league where he’d be targeted week on week.

He looks a very good signing. I think we need a couple of ball winners in this game, hence Pete and Cammy, plus a creative midfield player (Grant). Not sure if Forrest is a ball winning type of player?

InternationalJambo
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Likes a goal against hibs too. 

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Pre derby nerves have hit me big time. I don’t think this will be as easy as we think. They are crap but the Boyle signing may give them a bit of a boost. We need to be on the top of our game. 

I’m more nervous about this one because I know nothing about them, usually we know what we’re up against but they seem to add a new player every day to their massive squad. I know one thing if we give Cadden the freedom of Easter Road he causes us problems, Porteous is a cheating dick and gets away with murder in these games and they have a better keeper than normal…. 40 years so many victories and I’m always nervous for these games

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He looks a very good signing. I think we need a couple of ball winners in this game, hence Pete and Cammy, plus a creative midfield player (Grant). Not sure if Forrest is a ball winning type of player?

I think he does a lot of work off the ball he came from that Livi team who doesn’t let anyone settle on the ball

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I agree that was by far his worst performance. I agree he has the potential to improve. I don’t think he should be starting when we have such a strong squad. My biggest concern is his technical ability. At his age it is so difficult to improve and it is no where good enough to be a regular starter for the club.

I wouldn't worry. That's one of his main attributes. He needs to work on his positional awareness and decision making.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

A bit harsh.  There are definitely improvements he can make and he is still young.  He is stronger than Smith going forward.

Yeah too many folk jumping on the band wagon that he is a liability. The guy is a great addition to our squad. He has weaknesses but it is the SPFL we're in.

The Old Tolbooth

They’re absolutely creaming themselves about getting the biggest cheat they’ve ever had back, just a shame VAR wasn’t in place for tomorrow, he’ll get absolutely found out when that comes in, it’ll probably finish him! 

Let’s do this Hearts, let’s restore some natural order 

The wee team will do well to come out of this game with a point.

I think we’ll win 2-1.

queensferryjambo
48 minutes ago, One five said:

They tried that in the semifinals and I think they will try again tomorrow without a doubt.

Hibs dirty tactics cost us dear in the semi final with the amount of players they injured. It definitely had a knock on for getting players fit for the end of the season and the final. 
Dirty tramps.

We can’t afford that amount of injuries again at this point in the season.

1 hour ago, InternationalJambo said:

We need to be wary tomorrow as they will be all blood and thunder for the first 30 mins before they gas out. If we keep composed and stick to the game plan I can see us picking them off with some ease. Just hoping the players aren’t rattled in the early stages and whatever you do hearts don’t concede an early goal. 

Gorgie rules. 

No we don’t, we are Hearts, we don’t lose derby’s. FTH.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He's technically very good. 

Honestly, I've no idea what folk see sometimes. 

His defensive awareness/ positional sense and confidence / communication with his his defensive partner is the issue. 

Technically he is good. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I wouldn't worry. That's one of his main attributes. He needs to work on his positional awareness and decision making.

Thank **** someone sees the same as me. 

Technique... Deary me. 

What are folk watching, are they getting players mixed up? 

How I'd like us to set up:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Rowles Cochrane

Devlin/Grant Haring

Forrest Boyce McKay 

Shankland

How I think we'll set up:

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Rowles

Smith Halliday Haring Cochrane 

Forrest Shankland McKay

To be honest, either of those teams are more than capable of winning tomorrow. Man for man we are far better than that mob. If we want it enough and put their useless defenders under pressure, there's only one team coming away with 3 points.

Also, FTH, we're massive

ballybee111
20 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Have your heard of the Heart of Midlothian

Have you seen them in 'maroan'

Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian

They're the greatest team I know

We have played in South Morocco

We have played in the USA

But the greatest game in history

Is the game on New Year's Day

FTH!

👍🏻

8 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hibs dirty tactics cost us dear in the semi final with the amount of players they injured. It definitely had a knock on for getting players fit for the end of the season and the final. 
Dirty tramps.

We can’t afford that amount of injuries again at this point in the season.

Absolutely, and what really gets my back up is the media stating they play  good football ! ******   Bullocks !