• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Sooks

• davemclaren

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pitch damage, re-inforcement, and huge installation costs and practicalities. 

See video earlier of what needs done. 

Better to wait for the stand redevelopment and incorporate it then. 

Ronald Villiers

According to the Lochenders our screens look terrible compared to their's and we're copying them.  Oh, we're apparently tired of living in their shadows 🤣.  Maybe should have posted this in the deluded thread.  

Unknown user
Just now, Ronald Villiers said:

According to the Lochenders our screens look terrible compared to their's and we're copying them.  Oh, we're apparently tired of living in their shadows 🤣.  Maybe should have posted this in the deluded thread.  

I'm not one for citing political correctness gone mad, but it's a right shame that so many perfect descriptives for them are frowned upon these days.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit ironic this thread I find, usually the sort of shit Hibs do actually get excited over. Meh, screens, we are a bit late on the scene, just hope they are of decent standard when switched on and accessible to all

Ronald Villiers
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not one for citing political correctness gone mad, but it's a right shame that so many perfect descriptives for them are frowned upon these days.

Totally mate.  They have no shame.  Bitterness is a terrible thing.  

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Time for a wee blast of jonnothejambo invective, methinks.

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

How long till they get broken due to a fan in section G launching a bovril in anger at a replay? 

Or a welded pie

been here before

Cant say Im all that fussed about them, infact I tend to find them a bit distracting at times.

What is the actual purpose of having them? Advertising?

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Cant say Im all that fussed about them, infact I tend to find them a bit distracting at times.

You’ve got to imagine that is the main reason. Are they needed for VAR?

3 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

As cool as I'm sure the screens are themselves, still don't think it's the best placement for them

Be that as it may it is what we can sensibly afford to do at this juncture.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

making money, showing highlights, prematch lineups/ videos etc.   It’s 2022 , advertising etc has moved on and also youngsters will love them too

I think they will be fantastic. 

Jack Torrance

I'm not sure they're mandatory for VAR but the experience in the ground without them wouldn't be great. I imagine being able to see an image confirming a decision will help.

That and the opportunity to wind up the Hibbies before and during a game is worth it alone.

And we need a crowd cam.

Jack Torrance
14 hours ago, sac said:

Great for watching some Willie Thorn.

We could just get a loop of Lolly Badcock on them...

1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

🤣Quality!

been here before
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

making money, showing highlights, prematch lineups/ videos etc.   It’s 2022 , advertising etc has moved on and also youngsters will love them too

I think they will be fantastic. 

So really just flashy annoyingly distracting adverts then. Just a bigger version of the ones Hubz have.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

So really just flashy annoyingly distracting adverts then. Just a bigger version of the ones Hubz have.

Get with the program!!

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Oh I know the logistics and costs for getting them into the trusses, however how good would it look?

It would look amazing like

Perth to Paisley
31 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Can we not do something like this...

screen.jpg

No 

Would restrict viewing  for a large number of 'end of row' seats.

1 minute ago, Perth to Paisley said:

No 

:yadayada:

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Sitting in Section T, I can't wait for these to be switched on

giphy.gif

I'm in Section T also... baggsy the remote!

1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

If we are "copying them" and our screens "look terrible", then so must their "look terrible".

Did any of the window lickers EVER go to school??!!

42 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Googled her, as I had no idea who she was (honest😆) and she's still doing it:

michael-feehilly-38-and-his-partner-toni-badcock-30-arrive-at-huntingdon-G9GRA4.thumb.jpg.4545062386f588c457a4435d3d110309.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, been here before said:

replaying the goals when hump those dirty hobbits

Jack Torrance
21 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

No 

And they'd be more open to the elements.

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Googled her, as I had no idea who she was (honest😆) and she's still doing it:

michael-feehilly-38-and-his-partner-toni-badcock-30-arrive-at-huntingdon-G9GRA4.thumb.jpg.4545062386f588c457a4435d3d110309.jpg

a few sores around her cakehole hmmmm

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Show scoreboard, time, maybe VAR related stuff, subs, videos before kick off, half time interviews.

I think we can expect the same as what we saw at Hampden during the semi and final given we've got the same guys now.

There's probably a chance Scott Wilson will appear on them if he does an interview from hospitality which we all know you'll just love.

Will we be using them for a beam back of some of the away European games? Would be fun watching them at tynecastle with a crowd and some of those incredible kebab pies! 

12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

a few sores around her cakehole hmmmm

🤢🤮 

10/10 for the "cake" subtlety. 😃 

35 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

If we are "copying them" and our screens "look terrible", then so must their "look terrible".

Only to burgle it.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Homme said:

Engineering and logistics costs to put on the trusses would have probably been deterimental but could have been done similar to the Watford video. Unfortunately we don't have the pockets of EPL teams.

The trusses are fine for the weight though, can tell by just looking at them IMO.

Definitely, several tons could be supported

24 minutes ago, kila said:

Show scoreboard, time, maybe VAR related stuff, subs, videos before kick off, half time interviews.

I think we can expect the same as what we saw at Hampden during the semi and final given we've got the same guys now.

There's probably a chance Scott Wilson will appear on them if he does an interview from hospitality which we all know you'll just love.

Would be good to tie in with Hearts TV... Laurie must have a button that says 'replay' or something like that  - for when a goal's scored? I noticed (down south) they play the game so you're watching it 'live on TV' whilst watching it 'live'... so to speak!

John Findlay
52 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

Only to be the Janny

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Halliphax said:

As long as they play every goal scored against Hibs during halftime when they’re here for a derby I don’t mind 

I prefer half time to be 15 mins rather than hours long

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Halliphax said:

As long as they play every goal scored against Hibs during halftime when they’re here for a derby I don’t mind 

Half time isnt long enough for that!

31 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Definitely, several tons could be supported

With ease. If people have issues with the trusses supporting the weight of a few TV cubes (that individually a guy can lift no problem - see Watford video) then I'd suggest they don't sit in any stands at all!

Edited by Homme

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Homme said:

With ease. If people have issues with the trusses supporting the weight of a few TV cubes (that individually a guy can lift no problem - see Watford video) then I'd suggest they don't sit in the wheatfield stand at all!

I think because our project is unique for them, they'll have a case study on their website, with a video showing how they went about it

I'll check in a few weeks

5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Placing them on the trusses would have cost a fortune.  Would have had reinforce them.

Would love it if it was the sort of thing we could look at doing in the coming years tho. Why no, we are ****ing minted 😊🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Like the look of them, we have to get them to keep up with the times I feel. Will enhance the match day experience playing clips before games etc. and having some revenue generated. 

A_A wehatethehibs

That is the only place the club could’ve realistically pragmatically put screens of that size. 

It would add a substantial wedge onto the cost to hang these from the trusses, you’ve got to weatherproof, adds a huge load, it’s not a simple task. To start with, can we even fit a crane of that size that could take that weight through the vehicle access onto the pitch side? Also, how robust are these screens long term for Scottish Winter weather for the next couple of decades? They are protected from that in their current position. 

Stick the screens on the wall, weatherproof, safe, massive, and comfortably visible from 98% of seats in the ground. We can add a couple more in the future maybe. Kept away from the side of the pitch unlike the irritating ER ones.

Job well done stadium enhanced massively. 

kingantti1874

Someone must have the version with the phone call that went with it.. or was it just typed .. 

must be in the classics somewhere