Our new screens.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

9 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Looks like people higher up in the stand might be able to reach up and touch the corner of it

Lucky *******s

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Sooks

• davemclaren

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Amazing the stadium improvements that have been made since Mrs Budge came in.

Apart from the Levein blip. She has brought us on leaps and bounds. We keep the heed and continuing doing well on the park. Then every other team apart from old firm will watch us sail into the distance.

9 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Looks like people higher up in the stand might be able to reach up and touch the corner of it

Keep them warm come winter time as well.......they generate quite a bit of heat

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Apart from the Levein blip. She has brought us on leaps and bounds. We keep the heed and continuing doing well on the park. Then every other team apart from old firm will watch us sail into the distance.

Totally Agree

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Heard they're just going to show a loop of a small section of the crowd, thus giving the illusion of the corners being filled in ...

I heard they will pan to "Row 36" of the Wheatfield where someone will be busy texting the anti-social behaviour line.

30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

"Blip".

2 minutes ago, Pap said:

"Blip".

Catastrophic **** up is a far more accurate description. 

No coincidence that we have got our act together once McKinley & Savage came in. Circus before. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I heard they will pan to "Row 36" of the Wheatfield where someone will be busy texting the anti-social behaviour line.

Ah, “Row 36” Tynecastle’s version of room 101 I’ve heard.

11 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

look at the size of these bad boys! 😎📺

Whether people think they are a good thing or not compare them to the shambles down Leith

ABA19444-DB1B-494C-9F00-CCF760E6A3BC.jpeg

F44F45E7-D0B8-4403-8A47-86ACC3C3239B.jpeg

6FFD0BC0-4473-40E7-B0E4-88FE40F5FCD3.jpeg

C13905C5-01A8-44B3-830E-A29DA9F498A7.jpeg

43 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

A “blip”?!?!? 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Catastrophic **** up is a far more accurate description. 

No coincidence that we have got our act together once McKinley & Savage came in. Circus before. 

We had our act together with CL and Bob First time round. 

The biggest "blip" was letting Bob leave. 

The only constant during any positive period in the last ten years is Bob. 

When it comes to on the park stuff it's about Bob. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whether people think they are a good thing or not compare them to the shambles down Leith

Hibs ones are ok but why are they both on the same side? 

That triggers me. 

Why not one in each opposite corner like any sane person would do?

Absolutely done, my head in and I've only been there once. 

****ing savages. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Do not have any concerns about those screens being annoying to supporters sitting next to them to be honest even those close to the bottom left corner won’t have them right next to their head 😄 

Would have definitely preferred on the trusses but look a lot better than other efforts in our division and by a distance

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

That triggers me. 

Why not one in each opposite corner like any same person would do?

****ing savages. 

Their whole stadium looks like it was designed by Georges Braques on acid ……… nothing about it makes sense it is just a big cubist mess 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sooks said:

Their whole stadium looks like it was designed by Georges Braques on acid ……… nothing about it makes sense it is just a big cubist mess 

Aye,  it does my head in and the screens on the same side just angers me. 

ER is still by far the 4th best club stadium in Scotland tho,  dunno if that says more about the rest of the division than it does about ER. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

We accuse that mob of having obsession with us ! We all know we the big club but leave them to be obsessed with us.

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye,  it does my head in and the screens on the same side just angers me. 

ER is still by far the 4th best club stadium in Scotland tho,  dunno if that says more about the rest of the division than it does about ER. 

Depends on the criteria it is comfortable enough and the upper parts of the stands have reasonable views if a little far from the pitch

It is all over the place aesthetically though from the weird shaped stands and their different distances to the proximity of the stands to the pitch . The sterile breeze block interior and the stark and uninteresting off white panels on the out side ……………..

their screens just highlight the odd shape and design even further

but yip still better than Pittodrie or Tannadice

A very distant fourth at present  

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We accuse that mob of having obsession with us ! We all know we the big club but leave them to be obsessed with us.

Just the obvious comparison really when they are a similar sized club from the same city and division as us 

There we’re photos of Watford and Celtics stadiums earlier when people were discussing screen position or the function of the new lights 

It is always use ful to look at what we are doing and how it compares to the opposition 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

There's nothing wrong with the Hibs ones except the stupid wee one inside the east stand.

39 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That triggers me. 

Why not one in each opposite corner like any sane person would do?

****ing savages. 

Don't think they have a huge gap at the opposite corner like the do with the East stand.

18 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There's nothing wrong with the Hibs ones except the stupid wee one inside the east stand.

Don't think they have a huge gap at the opposite corner like the do with the East stand.

Aesthetically speaking I do not like it , from the big black vertical stripe to the wee screen connected by the wee bit armoured casing and the fact that it was stuck in that corner to try and disguise the oddly big gap there - compared to the other corners 

Whole place just looks a bit shit in my opinion and I like that ours is compact and scans better 

Edited by Sooks

Selkirkhmfc1874
21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just the obvious comparison really when they are a similar sized club from the same city and division as us 

There we’re photos of Watford and Celtics stadiums earlier when people were discussing screen position or the function of the new lights 

It is always use ful to look at what we are doing and how it compares to the opposition 

Fair enough buddy , as a say we accuse them of being obsessed which they are but at times we do the same 

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Fair enough buddy , as a say we accuse them of being obsessed which they are but at times we do the same 

The only other obvious comparison is St Mirrens I suppose …………. theirs actually do look better than Hibs to be fair 

2E5C613F-EE62-4DE0-9DD6-5A9109736944.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Do not have any concerns about those screens being annoying to supporters sitting next to them to be honest even those close to the bottom left corner won’t have them right next to their head 😄 

Would have definitely preferred on the trusses but look a lot better than other efforts in our division and by a distance

On the trusses would have been really nice but I suspect much harder to sort and perhaps the weight would be too much? 

Personally been wanting screens at Tynecastle for years - and I sit in section G of Wheatfield so I’ll definitely have one close enough to see 🤣😉

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Placing them on the trusses would have cost a fortune.  Would have had reinforce them.

And they'd have been about a 3rd of the size.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Might nip over that way at half time and give it a wee stroke 😀

What about the screens?

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never understood this whole 'obsessed' patter. Of course we slag each other off, they hate us & we hate them, no point in either side trying to pretend to be above it, it's woven into the fabric of the clubs & the city as a whole & the game is better for it. If we weren't 'obsessed' the derby would be just another game.

Not a dig at you at all btw just in case!

On topic the screens look good, shame they can't go on the trusses as would look better but that's how the ground was designed & no point spending silly money to fix it now.

Captain Scarlett
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Amazing the stadium improvements that have been made since Mrs Budge came in.

Kebab pies Mmmmm 😀

Captain Scarlett
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

As cool as I'm sure the screens are themselves, still don't think it's the best placement for them

I agree.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

****ing annoys me. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

As cool as I'm sure the screens are themselves, still don't think it's the best placement for them

Where else could we realistically put them?

Engineering and logistics costs to put on the trusses would have probably been deterimental but could have been done similar to the Watford video. Unfortunately we don't have the pockets of EPL teams.

The trusses are fine for the weight though, can tell by just looking at them IMO.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Placing them on the trusses would have cost a fortune.  Would have had reinforce them.

Surprised we'd have to reinforce the trusses but the stand wall is OK.

I'd have thought it might've been more with planning permission, that the Roseburn truss screen would be too high/visible from the Gorgie flats? Though the council seem OK with sticking huge digital ad screens where they beam into properties so maybe not.

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Where else could we realistically put them?

As mentioned before on the trusses wouldve looked a lot better. The cost to support them all the way to the rear of the stand no doubt would have been heavy. This also seems like quite a quick decision for the european nights, no reason at some point in the future they wont be resited.

Just now, kila said:

Surprised we'd have to reinforce the trusses but the stand wall is OK.

Reinforcement wouldn't be required, just a more detailed / complex connection system to hang them which takes time and money.

What we are doing now isnt much different to hanging a TV in your living room albeit on a grander scale.

The good thing is that the screens are ours and can be easily moved if the opportunity arose in future. I still think they look great!

I can't find the 'Stadium Upgrades' thread, but I'd love access to flawless wifi, either a pay per game access, or a wifi season ticket, could that be a half decent income generator?  I love a live bet.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

I can't find the 'Stadium Upgrades' thread, but I'd love access to flawless wifi, either a pay per game access, or a wifi season ticket, could that be a half decent income generator?  I love a live bet.

I know people moan about people being on their phones, but always find at half time your lucky if you get internet connection on your phone as everyone goes on it at once. Wifi could be useful.

2 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Aye they really should be on the trusses above the Gorgie and Roseburn stands.  Hopefully they get moved in the close season if they're worried about pitch damage to install them.

I was at Easter road the other week and found the screens pretty annoying, you’d be watching the game then bang a massive advert came on the screens, really hoping we don’t do that. 

18 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Aye they really should be on the trusses above the Gorgie and Roseburn stands.  Hopefully they get moved in the close season if they're worried about pitch damage to install them.

Pitch damage, re-inforcement, and huge installation costs and practicalities. 

See video earlier of what needs done.