Our new screens.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They'll be where they are in the image above. One in Main Stand at thr Gorgie end and one in Wheatfield stand at the Roseburn end. So wherever you are say you'll be able to see one.

VAR info will presumably be used but you don't see the same replays live for VAR decisions that you do on TV so don't expect to know anything before a decision is made unless a mate watching Texts you.

Was wondering about thrbaspect ratio, I couldn't find it on the application.

Cheers. 👍  

From what I understand, the VAR replays on the EPL stadium screen only happen after the VAR ref has made the decision - although there seems to be a growing clamour among fans to show it before the decision is made.    I'd settle for the SPL showing it immediately after the VAR ref makes the decision - but NOT showing it AT ALL would cause outrage !!     Transparency is vital.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Sooks

• davemclaren

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Cheers. 👍  

From what I understand, the VAR replays on the EPL stadium screen only happen after the VAR ref has made the decision - although there seems to be a growing clamour among fans to show it before the decision is made.    I'd settle for the SPL showing it immediately after the VAR ref makes the decision - but NOT showing it AT ALL would cause outrage !!     Transparency is vital.

They should do it like TMO in rugby IMO - for complete transparency. And it adds to the drama a bit better.

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Cheers. 👍  

England I think is the only country where VAR is used where they show any replays.

In terms of transparency in sure any incidents will be shown on Sportscene.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Definitely not these ones.

And nobody knows yet where ours are coming from. Will just need to watch and look out for particularly short/wide screens somewhere.

Are the screens not just 'blocks' that can be re-assembled in a different ratio?

Just now, kila said:

Are the screens not just 'blocks' that can be re-assembled in a different ratio?

They could well be. 

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes. Totally modular normally. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

They could well be. 

Posted on the other thread, I think these are the same as ours

Skip to 1:50

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They should do it like TMO in rugby IMO - for complete transparency. And it adds to the drama a bit better.

In rugby the officials call what they see, not what they want to.

Edited by DETTY29

adambraejambo
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Also, we have 2.

Do Hibs only have screens in the 1 corner? I assumed they had done the same as us and put them at either end of the pitch.

They have 2 as well. But both on either corner of the East stand. Makes no sense at all. 

Just now, adambraejambo said:

They have 2 as well. But both on either corner of the East stand. Makes no sense at all. 

Only had 1 spare plug socket.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

In rugby the officials call what they see, not what they want to.

True - generally the standard of referees for a much more complex sport is much higher.

However, showing the incident being reviewed would help try and keep Scottish refs “honest” 

MarkDevriesScores4

Can just imagine Jambos all paying special attention to the commonwealth games now guessing which screens we’re getting 😂 

Chuck Berry
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Posted on the other thread, I think these are the same as ours

Skip to 1:50

Are we not putting ours on the crossbeam of the Gorgie and Roseburn stands then, same as Watford? I had assumed that was the best place form them, not on the internal sidewalls.

22 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I don't know. Bowls is mostly pensioners who go. Prob need that size if I being honest. 

Neither head nor tail of that sentence could I even undertake to process.

This is obviously a new language to me.  🤷🏿‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Are we not putting ours on the crossbeam of the Gorgie and Roseburn stands then, same as Watford? I had assumed that was the best place form them, not on the internal sidewalls.

No, would require a lot of additional work to strengthen the beams to hold the weight. Would also mean cherry pickers tearing up the pitch to lift them up (we don't have the same space they do round the back of the stands that Watford do. Ruling out lifiting them over the roofs.

Edited by hughesie27

queensferryjambo
7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You can see the scaffold up where it is going in the Wheatfield.image.png.8fd5f0ed1b98e6fe7d85fe5c82b40b1b.png

Edited by queensferryjambo

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

No, would require a lot of additional work to strengthen the beams to hold the weight. Would also mean cherry pickers tearing up the pitch to lift them up (we don't have the same space they do round the back of the stands that Watford do. Ruling out lifiting them over the roofs.

Ah, makes sense.

Chuck Berry
Just now, queensferryjambo said:

You can see the scaffold up where it is going in the Wheatfield.

image.thumb.png.610b379ab402f52bd82481833a53d61f.png

Cheers

Il be honest, i hated the tvs at the last derby at easter road.  Adverts popping up every time ball out of play, blinding bright so kept pulling focus of eyes during the game.   Pre match and half time adverts over the pa for the tv instead of music.     If ours are used similar i will be disapointed.

Also feck sitting right next to a massive tv every game, glad im in N.

Moan over 

Ricardo Quaresma

4.2 Snooker Tables long X 1.57 Snooker Tables high 😄

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Clarity

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

You can see the scaffold up where it is going in the Wheatfield.image.png.8fd5f0ed1b98e6fe7d85fe5c82b40b1b.png

Presumably they'll be a novelty for a few months -   not sure what sort of stuff they'll show other than goal replays, visual teamsheets, visual happy birthdays,  and stadium rules.    Hopefully VAR decision evidence too. 

We'll all develop a crick in our necks from looking left too often, and getting frustrated at nearby fans standing up blocking the  view if your seat is  at the other end of the stand.   

I don't want to sound negative before its even started  .... but I can't help wondering how we ever managed to enjoy a Hearts match without them ?    :whistling:

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Are Hearts really getting ‘big screens’ at Tynecastle? Or is this just a rumour?

Yes. They are currently being used for Commonwelath games and will be installed by mid August.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Are Hearts really getting ‘big screens’ at Tynecastle? Or is this just a rumour?

Getting big screens before the maroon trees we were meant to get in front of the new stand

Just now, kila said:

Getting big screens before the maroon trees we were meant to get in front of the new stand

Forgot about them! They should be a priority imo. We are flush with cash now. Get them planted.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes. They are currently being used for Commonwelath games and will be installed by mid August.

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

You raise an interesting point about priorities. 
Screens, trees, filling corners etc.

and …

the mural on the tenement gable end in McLeod Street!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Edited by Jambo-Fox

queensferryjambo
34 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Presumably they'll be a novelty for a few months -   not sure what sort of stuff they'll show other than goal replays, visual teamsheets, visual happy birthdays,  and stadium rules.    Hopefully VAR decision evidence too. 

Hearts will make money from companies advertising on them as well.

indianajones
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Maroon trees would be nice but statues are the way to go 

Japanese maple and Copper Beech avenue on the plaza. 

7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Japanese maple and Copper Beech avenue on the plaza. 

Now we are getting serious ............... maybe some nice cherries too so there is blossom all over the plaza when we bring the cup home

indianajones
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Now we are getting serious ............... maybe some nice cherries too so there is blossom all over the plaza when we bring the cup home

We should've done it to begin with IMO. Rip out some of the bollards at the pavement side and have trees every 10 meters. 

Not even that expensive!

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We should've done it to begin with IMO. Rip out some of the bollards at the pavement side and have trees every 10 meters. 

Not even that expensive!

Big out door cinema screen like they used to have at Festival Square on Lothian Road with Hearts DVDs on a loop

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Big out door cinema screen like they used to have at Festival Square on Lothian Road with Hearts DVDs on a loop

We need something mobile to drive round the streets especially in Leith :thumbsup: Like this.

image.jpeg.c4cecb3e4c4c48f9d78f36f069c72290.jpeg

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We need something mobile to drive round the streets especially in Leith :thumbsup: Like this.

image.jpeg.c4cecb3e4c4c48f9d78f36f069c72290.jpeg

Beautiful ............ park it next to fat Kano on his flat bed truck when they restart the anti ponzi road show

Edited by Sooks

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Beautiful ............ park it next to fat Kano on his flat bet truck when they restart the anti ponzi road show

and outside his pub :lol:

11 hours ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Il be honest, i hated the tvs at the last derby at easter road.  Adverts popping up every time ball out of play, blinding bright so kept pulling focus of eyes during the game.   Pre match and half time adverts over the pa for the tv instead of music.     If ours are used similar i will be disapointed.

Moan over 

Got to be honest that I also found the one’s at ER a distraction as well. 
Similar experience with the screen at Murrayfield. 
I really hope that while the game is in play we only use them as a scoreboard. 

19 hours ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Moan over 

It's not a moan.

As if we all need another screen to watch.

Waste of money.

15 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's not a moan.

As if we all need another screen to watch.

Waste of money.

dont have to look at them if you don’t want to. Bringing revenue into the club through advertising is a good thing. Just don’t look at them. Pre derby etc they will be great. Goals from the past , line ups announced etc will all be great. It’s not exactly ITV