Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I'm not in government. Its the Snp Greens governance to make a success of power. They've been a disaster. Maybe by being pro business, getting rid of the Greens? Being transparent etc. Simply a competent administration would have seemed like shining stars using your comparison.

So every other administration in the UK is in the crapper for the reasons I set out in my post but by getting rid of the Greens, being pro business and transparent etc, Scotland could be immune to it all and be prosperous, shining stars. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

You're pishing into the wind here, bud.

Evidently. 

Cranston
13 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

So every other administration in the UK is in the crapper for the reasons I set out in my post but by getting rid of the Greens, being pro business and transparent etc, Scotland could be immune to it all and be prosperous, shining stars. 

Not all are in the 'crapper' as you succinctly put it. Labour are set to win many of their fold back from the Snp Greens electorate, and win a handsome Westminster majority. 

Roxy Hearts
33 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

🤣

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Not all are in the 'crapper' as you succinctly put it. Labour are set to win many of their fold back from the Snp Greens electorate, and win a handsome Westminster majority. 

Labour will do absolutely nothing for Scotland, as always, if they win. Just more Westminster centric, artificial democracy. The UK barely functions and what part does is not for the people. 

That erse Starmer would press the nuclear button ffs! Tells you all you need to know of his humanity and the stinking party he serves! This Labour Party disgust me as an ex voter of them.

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Which nation within the UK is prospering?  We are all in the crapper. Any halfwit can see that. 

If Labour are able to get us out of it, I'll be delighted but it will take some doing. 

Cranston
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Which nation within the UK is prospering?  We are all in the crapper. Any halfwit can see that. 

If Labour are able to get us out of it, I'll be delighted but it will take some doing. 

Who said any nation was prospering?

You seem to have fallen hook line and sinker for the Snp Greens strategy of failure is good, and blame the tories and Westminster. Its proven to be strategically oppositely wrongful., and has seen voters turn away from the Snp Greens coalition in their droves back to Labour. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Who said any nation was prospering?

You seem to have fallen hook line and sinker for the Snp Greens strategy of failure is good, and blame the tories and Westminster. Its proven to be strategically oppositely wrongful., and has seen voters turn away from the Snp Greens coalition in their droves back to Labour. 

Read your posts back. You criticised the 'SNP and Greens' for not delivering a prosperous devolution. I'm not arguing about SNP / Green failure but in your desperation to turn a thread about Labour into a rant about SNP / Greens you ignored that.  

You got one thing right though so we'll done. I absolutely do blame the Tories. 

i wish jj was my dad
57 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I've run out of urine now. 

Cranston
2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Read your posts back. You criticised the 'SNP and Greens' for not delivering a prosperous devolution. I'm not arguing about SNP / Green failure but in your desperation to turn a thread about Labour into a rant about SNP / Greens you ignored that.  

You got one thing right though so we'll done. I absolutely do blame the Tories. 

Ask the many ex Snp Greens coalition voters if it was ranting about them, that have changed their minds, and drove them back into the Labour fold. Its not my business if you blame others for the mess that the Snp Greens coalition have made of devolution. It would have been good for Scotland and the Scots if they had set about installing transparent and prosperous pro business governance. We'd have been queueing up to leave the UK. But, hey you carry on whining 'its someone else's fault'. 

43 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Ask the many ex Snp Greens coalition voters if it was ranting about them, that have changed their minds, and drove them back into the Labour fold. Its not my business if you blame others for the mess that the Snp Greens coalition have made of devolution. It would have been good for Scotland and the Scots if they had set about installing transparent and prosperous pro business governance. We'd have been queueing up to leave the UK. But, hey you carry on whining 'its someone else's fault'. 

What is interesting is, if you believe the polling, that the electorate seem to want change in governing parties but on the issue of independence things remain pretty static.

So it would appear that those of a pro-indy persuasion can be pragmatic about day to day governance in that they will back labour. I also suspect labour will have tapped into unionists who previously voted Tory.

From this, I would say that independence is still an issue but for pragmatic reasons, cost of living, NHS etc, these are more pressing.

Plus it's also a shot across the bows of the SNP and its hubris.

And let's not kid ourselves regards the Brexit elephant in the room.

As @i wish jj was my dad alluded to earlier, no Brexit, no call for a second referendum. The Tory psychodrama at Westminster and its affect on Britain has been seismic. Aided and abetted by austerity 2010 onwards.

Cranston
1 minute ago, Boris said:

What is interesting is, if you believe the polling, that the electorate seem to want change in governing parties but on the issue of independence things remain pretty static.

So it would appear that those of a pro-indy persuasion can be pragmatic about day to day governance in that they will back labour. I also suspect labour will have tapped into unionists who previously voted Tory.

From this, I would say that independence is still an issue but for pragmatic reasons, cost of living, NHS etc, these are more pressing.

Plus it's also a shot across the bows of the SNP and its hubris.

You have to remember Boris, that at the time Blair pressed for devolution, the Snp only had six Scottish MP's out of the seventy two. Therefore, it was the other wary around, in so much, that the Snp was lent the Labour vote. In light of the Snp Green coalition and its complete meltdown against majority policies, the lent Labour vote is returning to the fold. 

Cranston
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

As @i wish jj was my dad alluded to earlier, no Brexit, no call for a second referendum. The Tory psychodrama at Westminster and its affect on Britain has been seismic. Aided and abetted by austerity 2010 onwards.

How about the Snp psychodrama? First Ministers in court for sex crimes, Missing party funds, Nicola Sturgeon and husband arrested and house searched for evidence. Lots of melodrama there also, but hey, lets blame someone else right? Am I right?

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Cranston said:

I still support the SNP bud. You think I should support Labour again? What policies for Scotland are they advocating, what's their immediate plans, how much is it going to cost, are my taxes going up, are house, food and retail prices going to come down? I demand to know!

Cranston
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I still support the SNP bud. You think I should support Labour again? What policies for Scotland are they advocating, what's their immediate plans, how much is it going to cost, are my taxes going up, are house, food and retail prices going to come down? I demand to know!

Still support the Snp Greens

:laugh2:

29 minutes ago, Cranston said:

You have to remember Boris, that at the time Blair pressed for devolution, the Snp only had six Scottish MP's out of the seventy two. Therefore, it was the other wary around, in so much, that the Snp was lent the Labour vote. In light of the Snp Green coalition and its complete meltdown against majority policies, the lent Labour vote is returning to the fold. 

Wouldn't the poll for independence show a drop on yes then?

Roxy Hearts
Just now, Cranston said:

Still support the Snp Greens

I said SNP! I don't support the Greens and can't stand some of their policies. I'll never support Labour again. Anyway, answer my points.

Cranston
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I said SNP! I don't support the Greens and can't stand some of their policies. I'll never support Labour again. Anyway, answer my points.

The Snp are in coalition with the Greens

23 minutes ago, Cranston said:

How about the Snp psychodrama? First Ministers in court for sex crimes, Missing party funds, Nicola Sturgeon and husband arrested and house searched for evidence. Lots of melodrama there also, but hey, lets blame someone else right? Am I right?

No, you're not.

The SNP are a shambles, yes, but amateur compared to the Bullingdon mob.

Which is the point I was trying to make above. Both are going to get a doing at the GE.

Yet support for independence remains consistent.

Labour benefits at the GE from both. Has 2yrs before next Holyrood elections so kind of have to deliver in time for that. IMO 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Cranston said:

The Snp are in coalition with the Greens

What's that got to do with it? I didn't vote for the coalition. Answer the points. Labour 🤣

Cranston

No, you're not.

The SNP are a shambles, yes, but amateur compared to the Bullingdon mob.

Which is the point I was trying to make above. Both are going to get a doing at the GE.

Yet support for independence remains consistent.

Labour benefits at the GE from both. Has 2yrs before next Holyrood elections so kind of have to deliver in time for that. IMO 

I was right Boris. First Ministers arrested for all sorts of wrongdoing has alarmed the lent Labour vote to the Snp, along with the Snp going into coalition with the anti car, anti business, anti oil etc Greens. You're haemorrhaging electorate back to Labour and panicking about it, Hey it happens in politics. Take the wrong route and you get hammered for it. 

Cranston
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What's that got to do with it? I didn't vote for the coalition. Answer the points. Labour 🤣

What points? I'm not the Labour manifesto chief. I'm just pointing out how disastrous Snp Greens have been to the Independence cause. 

Roxy Hearts

What points? I'm not the Labour manifesto chief. I'm just pointing out how disastrous Snp Greens have been to the Independence cause. 

This is a shitey Labour thread and I asked you questions about what that would do if in power. There's another thread about independence you can go greeting to. 

What are Labour going to do to improve the UK and make Scotland a utopia?

Cranston

This is a shitey Labour thread and I asked you questions about what that would do if in power. There's another thread about independence you can go greeting to. 

What are Labour going to do to improve the UK and make Scotland a utopia?

That's a question that you should have put to the in power, governing Snp Greens coalition. Not to me, just a poster on JKB.

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, Cranston said:

That's a question that you should have put to the in power, governing Snp Greens coalition. Not to me, just a poster on JKB.

You're stating that people are returning to Labour. Why? What policies? What will they do to wrestle power from the SNP and make Scotland the land of milk and honey? What are Labour for, why do they exist? It's a Labour thread for discussions about them and their inadequacies etc.....

Edited by Roxy Hearts

Cranston

Your stating that people are returning to Labour. Why? What policies? What will they do to wrestle power from the SNP and make Scotland the land of milk and honey? What are Labour for, why do they exist? It's a Labour thread for discussions about them and their inadequacies etc.....

I don't wish to make you seem naive, and no disrespect, but why are the Tories about to lose power? Certainly not for Labour policies, they don't need any. Sometimes, its simply that the ruling lot are useless. The Snp Greens are useless, anti car, anti business, anti High Street Car Parking, High Taxes, Minority Rules etc etc etc. Its not always about policies. No disrespect for having to spell it out to you. 

12 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I was right Boris. First Ministers arrested for all sorts of wrongdoing has alarmed the lent Labour vote to the Snp, along with the Snp going into coalition with the anti car, anti business, anti oil etc Greens. You're haemorrhaging electorate back to Labour and panicking about it, Hey it happens in politics. Take the wrong route and you get hammered for it. 

I'm not haemorrhaging anything as not an SNP acolyte and I don't disagree that folk are shifting to labour, nor your assessment of the greens.

And certainly not panicking about it as I have no "skin in the game", as they say.

End of the day, Westminster election is obviously relevant, but at the same time Holyrood is more so. 

That will be interesting, especially given how it would appear to be heading.

Why do you think support for independence has remains pretty much unchanged though?

Cranston

I'm not haemorrhaging anything as not an SNP acolyte and I don't disagree that folk are shifting to labour, nor your assessment of the greens.

And certainly not panicking about it as I have no "skin in the game", as they say.

End of the day, Westminster election is obviously relevant, but at the same time Holyrood is more so. 

That will be interesting, especially given how it would appear to be heading.

Why do you think support for independence has remains pretty much unchanged though?

Has it? I don't look at Scottish Independence graphs. If the Snp Greens had not been so incompetent, maybe I would have observed.

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I don't wish to make you seem naive, and no disrespect, but why are the Tories about to lose power? Certainly not for Labour policies, they don't need any. Sometimes, its simply that the ruling lot are useless. The Snp Greens are useless, anti car, anti business, anti High Street Car Parking, High Taxes, Minority Rules etc etc etc. Its not always about policies. No disrespect for having to spell it out to you. 

I'm not naive bud and you're missing the point. I'm taking the absolute pee! You don't need to spell out anything to me, you're doing a fine job of my expectations! There's a lot of stupid people out there! Please continue!

Cranston
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm not naive bud and you're missing the point. I'm taking the absolute pee! You don't need to spell out anything to me, you're doing a fine job of my expectations! There's a lot of stupid people out there! Please continue!

Roxy Hearts

Thought so 😂. I'm watching the Masters and having a few beers. Anyway Labour can GTF!

Cranston
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Thought so 😂. I'm watching the Masters and having a few beers. Anyway Labour can GTF!

Enjoy your beers. Have a good night.

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Enjoy your beers. Have a good night.

You too bud 👍 

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, Boris said:

The boy is using a Labour thread to attack the SNP / Greens and repeatedly chooses to ignore the wider context. The UK has been gubbed by a series of ideological and sometimes downright crooked decisions taken outside of devolved parliaments. They have been presented to him on this and probably the actual thread he should be using for his point. 

I hope Labour can turn it around in the interests of UK and Scotland. I'm sceptical about whether they can but have my fingers 🤞

manaliveits105

Oh Angie Angie 

former aide says she lied to police 

left wing want to move one of their own into her position - infighting starting 

hibsing on the way ? 

ehcaley
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh Angie Angie 

former aide says she lied to police 

left wing want to move one of their own into her position - infighting starting 

hibsing on the way ? 

Desperate stuff

James1874f
On 12/04/2024 at 21:03, Roxy Hearts said:

Labour will do absolutely nothing for Scotland, as always, if they win. Just more Westminster centric, artificial democracy. The UK barely functions and what part does is not for the people. 

That erse Starmer would press the nuclear button ffs! Tells you all you need to know of his humanity and the stinking party he serves! This Labour Party disgust me as an ex voter of them.

I wonder who you vote for now? 

See if the labour party are elected in Scotland and they did nothing I'd take it as it's a damn site more than the parasites in charge just now have done for the working person in Scotland. 

Gundermann
2 hours ago, James1874f said:

See if the labour party are elected in Scotland and they did nothing I'd take it as it's a damn site more than the parasites in charge just now have done for the working person in Scotland. 

Labour opposed free prescriptions ffs. Free education and free travel for young folk on buses. These used to be long-standing Labour principles. Why aren't they now?

I'd rather have all of those - which I, my older family and kids have benefited from - than yon **** Blair and his illegal warmongering which did exactly effall for the working person in Scotland.

Roxy Hearts
15 hours ago, James1874f said:

I vote SNP and have done for years. I'll never vote for Labour again as they're not the same party I used to vote for. 

Tell me what policies Labour have to improve Scotland. I'm concerned about the NHS and Scottish Water privatisation and Labour being the establishment stooges they are, don't care about Scotland and its people or principles! Now off you go, wave your union flag and enjoy your day.

Malinga the Swinga

I'm answer to op, the current ruling coalition of SNP and Green party are considerably worse than Labour.

Only the deluded and the feckless believe otherwise.

Ulysses
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm answer to op, the current ruling coalition of SNP and Green party are considerably worse than Labour.

Only the deluded and the feckless believe otherwise.

Local politics, Malinga, local politics.  You're obviously quite passionate about that stuff, but the OP is all about the big picture. 

Labour look like they'll win big in Westminster, where it really counts, and then spend four and a bit years sucking up to the Murdoch empire, being tough on the poor and disabled, standing up to workers, paying no attention to the environment, hoping that the private sector will put a few quid into infrastructural investment, and telling health, education, and local and regional government to "do more with less".

That's shit.  There may well be shit out there that's more shit, but that sure as hell doesn't make this edition of the "Labour" party any less shit.

il Duce McTarkin
55 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Labour look like they'll win big in Westminster, where it really counts, and then spend four and a bit years sucking up to the Murdoch empire, being tough on the poor and disabled, standing up to workers, paying no attention to the environment, hoping that the private sector will put a few quid into infrastructural investment, and telling health, education, and local and regional government to "do more with less".

:(

Roxy Hearts
58 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Local politics, Malinga, local politics.  You're obviously quite passionate about that stuff, but the OP is all about the big picture. 

That's shit.  There may well be shit out there that's more shit, but that sure as hell doesn't make this edition of the "Labour" party any less shit.

Correct!

James1874f
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I vote SNP and have done for years. I'll never vote for Labour again as they're not the same party I used to vote for. 

Tell me what policies Labour have to improve Scotland. I'm concerned about the NHS and Scottish Water privatisation and Labour being the establishment stooges they are, don't care about Scotland and its people or principles! Now off you go, wave your union flag and enjoy your day.

That last sentence is exactly why the majority of sensible Scots will never vote for independence. 

The thick patriots of the SNP will never understand. 

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, James1874f said:

That last sentence is exactly why the majority of sensible Scots will never vote for independence. 

:rofl:

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, James1874f said:

Labour, Tories and Libdems have independence supporters. Thick British patriots like yourself "will never understand". Independence is more popular than the SNP!

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Labour, Tories and Libdems have independence supporters. Thick British patriots like yourself "will never understand". Independence is more popular than the SNP!

The thick ones are fearties who don’t want to govern their own country.

Weird behaviour.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood