• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

why don’t these dicks buy a treadmill? All obsessed with being photographed running. 

That is not the cycle lane marker , its the line that the wee computer in her head has to follow in order for her to move 

26 minutes ago, Boof said:

The gravy train continues.

****ing scandalous...to heap upon the multitude of other scandals.

+1, tip in the pension arrangements and one can only conclude that this BS needs reformed. Kids starve while MP's get subsidised steak in the canteens...these arseholes need to be brought back into the real world.

periodictabledancer
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

We used to laugh at the Italians for this kind of political musical chairs. Now the UK could have the blond Berlusconi. 

Britaly !!!!!!!!

periodictabledancer
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I see the Scottish Tory MPs voted to allow fracking in England. 

Tories will be fuming that Scottish MPs have a say in English affairs. Yeah? 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Hard Brexit supporting European Research Group (ERG) said to be meeting to decide who to vote for. Said to have 60 votes. 

The tail that wags the dog.

What if Thick Lizzy makes Boris a Lord?

Would he step down as an MP to take his seat for life? Or would he turn it down and go for PM again?

:kirk:

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Hypothetical BUT if Johnson were to win the Tory vote WOULD he have to demonstrate that he can form a government? The voting process does NOT require an endorsement from the parliamentary party. When he left in disgrace he had faced a vote of no confidence in which 148 Tory MPs recorded NO confidence. This was followed by more than 50 ministers resigning from his government in an act of NO confidence.
How can he reasonably demonstrate he has numbers to form a government?

When the Tories parrot this phrase what THEY mean is they have a 80+ seat majority therefore can form a government whereas the opposition parties,  even combined,  cannot. 

I agree with all you've said  so in the unlikely event he becomes PM either Tory MPs currently serving in govt posts will be exposed as hypocrites (and continue, serving under him, perhaps literally) or he will have to find (up to) 120 MPs who would serve in his cabinet.

Edited by periodictabledancer

WorldChampions1902
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's going to be Boris and the brain dead are going to love it.He will call an election and win as well **** me the UK is shit.

A81E9DB4-BF66-4960-82BA-487A300DC687.jpeg

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hard Brexit supporting European Research Group (ERG) said to be meeting to decide who to vote for. Said to have 60 votes. 

And that there is theTories  problem. 

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

When the Tories parrot this phrase what THEY mean is they have a 80+ seat majority therefore can form a government whereas the opposition parties,  even combined,  cannot. 

I agree with all you've said  so in the unlikely event he becomes PM either Tory MPs currently serving in govt posts will be exposed as hypocrites (and continue, servinh under him, perhaps literally) or he will have to find (up to) 120 MPs who would serve in his cabinet.

Just a note that up to 120 MPs may be required to effectively run government but it is only a subset of the elite who serve in Cabinet.

Love, Mr Pedantic.

4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I agree with all you've said  so in the unlikely event he becomes PM either Tory MPs currently serving in govt posts will be exposed as hypocrites (and continue, serving under him, perhaps literally) or he will have to find (up to) 120 MPs who would serve in his cabinet.

That's literally exactly what he is asking.

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

That's literally what the Tory parliamentary party would be asking its members to do.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes! and since you already have evidence of the opposite being true ie that he doesn't have confidence of sufficient Tory MPs either through the vote of confidence in June OR the mass resignations from his government in July HOW can he demonstrate that he has support of a stable majority if he were elected?
Genuine question 🤔

5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

That's literally what the Tory parliamentary party would be asking its members to do.

In normal circumstances BUT the candidate could (like Liz Truss) only command 30% of the MPs and one of the candidates has demonstrably lost the confidence for more than 100 within the past couple of months

20 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Tories will be fuming that Scottish MPs have a say in English affairs. Yeah? 

Exactly.

FWIW I reckon Johnson is just w***ing off to the adulation and has NO interest in leading the Tories through the forthcoming economic shit show 🙂

Edited by RobboM

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Johnson now Evens. 

Ben Wallace now saying he might back him, which unfortunately is the sort of support which will lend Bozza’s bid credibility 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

FC5DE6AE-9B3A-4D32-BBF4-58265E699421.jpeg

This is a good example of the internal pressure to get Boris to stand down, or not to stand, thus leaving Rishi as the sole candidate and the heir apparent. It will be ramping up aggressively. How will Boris react?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Spaffer's enablers engage in a smear campaign on Sunak's financial arrangement that they were previously content to tolerate and justify.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Spaffer's enablers engage in a smear campaign on Sunak's financial arrangement that they were previously content to tolerate and justify.

That's high risk.

Boris Johnson's indiscretions would fill a library. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's high risk.

Priced in for Boris, even his friends know he's a ^^^^.

Rishi is still shinny.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's high risk.

True,  but Spaffer's legend is such that his enormous catalogue of negatives never seem to put a scratch on him.  

Edited by Victorian

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

True,  but Spaffer's legend is such that his enormous catalogue of negatives never seem to put a scratch on him.  

This sounds perverse, but many of the Boris-lovers see his “rogue” characteristics as a Unique Selling Point. Such is the moral fibre of a significant section of the electorate. Which is why he was elected in the first place.

7 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

This sounds perverse, but many of the Boris-lovers see his “rogue” characteristics as a Unique Selling Point. Such is the moral fibre of a significant section of the electorate. Which is why he was elected in the first place.

Possibly is a factor.  But the behaviour and lies just don't seem to matter.  A weird kind of priced in,  popular rogue aura about him.  It could be an underlying attitude that,  if it wasn't Spaffer lying and cheating his way through his premiership,  whoever was there instead would be just the same.  But it's also a thing that some people really aren't arsed about the lack of standards and honesty,  as long as it isn't having a direct affect on them personally.

19 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Thing is we are on the verge of a very serious financial situation. Boris's bumbling boosterism bullshit and cakeism will be very ill suited to the new reality

periodictabledancer

Conservative sources claim that if Boris Johnson returns as prime minister he could be ‘gone by Christmas’, due to damning new evidence about the partygate scandal which brought him down. 

Several people familiar with the Privileges Committee’s investigation into whether Boris Johnson misled MPs over parties in No10 have spoken to ITV News.  

They say that a large amount of damaging evidence from inside No10 has already been handed over to Harriet Harman, who is chairing the inquiry.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-10-21/damning-partygate-evidence-means-boris-johnson-could-be-gone-by-christmas

periodictabledancer
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Possibly is a factor.  But the behaviour and lies just don't seem to matter.  A weird kind of priced in,  popular rogue aura about him.  It could be an underlying attitude that,  if it wasn't Spaffer lying and cheating his way through his premiership,  whoever was there instead would be just the same.  But it's also a thing that some people really aren't arsed about the lack of standards and honesty,  as long as it isn't having a direct affect on them personally.

Spaffer makes the English forget what a sad little country it has become , he restores their belief that UK is a global player , his boosterism makes them feel good. Nothing he did could ever be as bad as anything Corbyn would've done had he got into office. They nod vigorously. They lap it up. 

From the BBC:

Butcher Mike Pearce says the Tory Party needs to "buck their ideas up". "Everybody now is fed up to the high teeth with the Conservatives," he says but insists he would still vote Conservative.

This is why they're in power.

50 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thing is we are on the verge of a very serious financial situation. Boris's bumbling boosterism bullshit and cakeism will be very ill suited to the new reality

We were stuck with him through a pandemic and now he's about to lead us through a time where half the country can't even afford to exist here, ****ing brilliant. 

:muggy:

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Surely she doesn’t fancy her chances ? I reckon it will be I’m not running I’m backing whoever announcement. 

Braverman is so bereft of any self awareness that I believe she thinks she'd do a great job. In a very similar way to Liz Truss, I suppose.

48 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've no idea who most of these nicknames being used relate to.

Spaffer = Johnson. I presume following his comments about funding historic child abuse allegations being "spaffing money up the wall." Or the fact that he's always spaffing his load into nearby junior female colleagues. I'd much rather call him anything other than the pally "Boris".

Blabbermooth = Braverman. Probably just a nearer sounding word to her name than "DopeyC***Bubble"

Victorian Pencil = JRM due to the physical resemblance to a pencil from the second half of the 19th Century.

Trussterf**k = Liz Truss

Chuckie = the King formerly known as Prince Charles.

Any more?

Yours,

Suzie Dent