Liz Truss

Roxy Hearts

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

The Northern Ireland issue will never be solved.

It will when Ireland is reunited in the near future as the U.K. breaks up. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

54 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Who mentioned rejoining?  Nobody.  What's required is a productive relationship to salvage something from what's left post-Brexit.

Agree, brexit was/is a disaster, however If we had politicians willing to forge " a productive relationship" instead of coming all Little Englander, it could have softened the blow. Ain't gonna happen though "Rule Britannia " and all that.

57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's talk that he's likely to skoosh the 100 sponsors mark and be 1 of 2 candidates.  The 1922 prefer that the 2nd of 2 quietly withdraws,  leaving a coronation.  Spaffer will not do so and may even end up as top candidate in the parliamentary group.  Once put before the insane asylum (party members) it's a 1 horse race.

The only good thing is the prospect of around 20-40 MPs resigning the whip.  If it gets to 50+ then there might be a glimmer of hope of a no confidence motion.  

I fear this may be exactly what happens. That this is even a possibility is utterly shocking, I'm surprised by the lack of protest to be honest.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

The current issues just need UK to rejoin the single market and Customs Union something a Labour Government can probably do fairly easily under its growth plan.

Hypothetical BUT if Johnson were to win the Tory vote WOULD he have to demonstrate that he can form a government? The voting process does NOT require an endorsement from the parliamentary party. When he left in disgrace he had faced a vote of no confidence in which 148 Tory MPs recorded NO confidence. This was followed by more than 50 ministers resigning from his government in an act of NO confidence.
How can he reasonably demonstrate he has numbers to form a government?

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The ERG need their next puppet following the departure of Thick Lizzy. Blabbermooth ticks all their boxes.

Well apart from one box

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

The DUP voted for brexit - they caused this mess because they thought they could get a hard border back on Ireland. It backfired, spectacularly so. 

The DUP would rather NI be poor in the UK than better of in what they see as a quasi Irish state (of their own making) in which they say NI is being treated differently from the rest of the UK - while conveniently forgetting the GFA - which absolutely treats NI citizens like no other in the UK. 

That's the GFA that they refused to recognise. 

NI can be fixed - the DUP just don't want to do it. 

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

The DUP voted for brexit - they caused this mess because they thought they could get a hard border back on Ireland. It backfired, spectacularly so. 

The DUP would rather NI be poor in the UK than better of in what they see as a quasi Irish state (of their own making) in which they say NI is being treated differently from the rest of the UK - while conveniently forgetting the GFA - which absolutely treats NI citizens like no other in the UK. 

That's the GFA that they refused to recognise. 

NI can be fixed - the DUP just don't want to do it. 

The DUP are even worse than the Conservatives. A truly awful party of backwards thinking, climate change denying dinosaurs. As I said previously, I am pro-Union but more or less all of the parties supporting the union are abysmal (not fond of the SNP either) and seem to practice party self harm on a regular basis whereas, ironically, the SNP at least demonstrate some unity.

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

The DUP are even worse than the Conservatives. A truly awful party of backwards thinking, climate change denying dinosaurs. As I said previously, I am pro-Union but more or less all of the parties supporting the union are abysmal (not fond of the SNP either) and seem to practice party self harm on a regular basis whereas, ironically, the SNP at least demonstrate some unity.

:spoton:

periodictabledancer
15 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

100% agree with all of that. 

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

ben wallace not standing for PM, saying he currently is leaning towards boris but wants to hear what sunak says about defence. 

He's quite right. What the country needs is more bombs, guns, warships and nuclear missiles. 

Who needs to eat, pay a mortgage or put the heating on in winter anyway???

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The current issues just need UK to rejoin the single market and Customs Union something a Labour Government can probably do fairly easily under its growth plan.

If they don’t rejoin the EU in all but name, I’m voting independence 

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC interviewing people in red wall Grimsby - they nearly all want Boris back :greggy:

You've decided you like Boris again now? Are you Douglas Ross in disguise?

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If they don’t rejoin the EU in all but name, I’m voting independence 

Bookmarked. :)

46 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Hypothetical BUT if Johnson were to win the Tory vote WOULD he have to demonstrate that he can form a government? The voting process does NOT require an endorsement from the parliamentary party. When he left in disgrace he had faced a vote of no confidence in which 148 Tory MPs recorded NO confidence. This was followed by more than 50 ministers resigning from his government in an act of NO confidence.
How can he reasonably demonstrate he has numbers to form a government?

If he gets el3cted then that means at least 100 Tories have his back so would create a Gov easily.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

If he gets el3cted then that means at least 100 Tories have his back so would create a Gov easily.

I wouldn't say "easily". There are currently around 120 governmental ministers. He could definitely form one but it might be a little lightweight if he only has around 100 supporters and the others (i) won't serve in the government, (ii) routinely oppose him.

It could still all tip over the edge for the Tories. 

The sensible party of Government still making basic errors.

The problem now is Boris has a proven record of being an election winner so has that attraction. But the people may have already made up their mind about him. 

Without Boris to complicate things it would probably be a coronation for Sunak on Monday. 

High stakes. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No hughsie, that's my point. He could have ONLY 100 Tory MPs having his back. That doesn't mean he can command a majority at all.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wouldn't say "easily". There are currently around 120 governmental ministers. He could definitely form one but it might be a little lightweight if he only has around 100 supporters and the others (i) won't serve in the government, (ii) routinely oppose him.

They'll all fall in line this time to try and save their chances of an election. Last time when they outed him they thought they were going to be comfortable for the next 2 years, not facing annihilation.

This time they need to all be in it together or face a Blair 97 esque trouncing.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

They'll all fall in line this time to try and save their chances of an election. Last time when they outed him they thought they were going to be comfortable for the next 2 years, not facing annihilation.

This time they need to all be in it together or face a Blair 97 esque trouncing.

Maybe but the divisions run very deep. For every "Bring Back Boris" there is an "Anyone BUT Boris". It can't last .... it might not even get to the start line which was my question earlier

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Looks like it.

The gravy train continues.

****ing scandalous...to heap upon the multitude of other scandals.

I for one cannot wait to be reminded of what Boris has "delivered" over his previous tenure every single time he gets asked a question he cannot answer.

Brexit, Covid Vaccinations, Leading the fight with Ukraine. Rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Maybe but the divisions run very deep. For every "Bring Back Boris" there is an "Anyone BUT Boris". It can't last .... it might not even get to the start line which was my question earlier

Anything that continues this chaos gets my vote.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Anything that continues this chaos gets my vote.

You're like a political junkie getting high on this shit 😂
Needs an intervention hughsie x

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I can see that happening. 

Had a proper look.

Assuming DUP support Government its currently actually 45 to give Opposition a majority.

As you say there's at least 45 very unhappy Tory MPs.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something like 37

Easily achievable if there isn’t some sort of unity deal. They’d be basically handing their notice in though as most would lose their seat in a GE. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Had a proper look.

Assuming DUP support Government its currently actually 45 to give Opposition a majority.

As you say there's at least 45 very unhappy Tory MPs.

If Boris gets the nod, it's game over. Only Rishi can save the Tory from extinction.

Boris was 2/1 this morning now 11/10 and getting lots of media coverage, his pops was also on tv this morning. Unbelievable if he gets his job back.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Miss Liz 😕

5645E54C-5951-46B1-8180-D31D09DD35E7.jpeg

why don’t these dicks buy a treadmill? All obsessed with being photographed running.