Liz Truss

Roxy Hearts

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Barack said:

Everyone getting along on this fine Friday morning? Good, good.

Β 

Enjoy your day's, folks. πŸ‘πŸ»

Enjoy your day as well.

πŸΊπŸ·πŸ‘

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Funny how they only get offended when it's about them. Not a peep fae Jones when Mel, or other kilt wearers are posted to try to ridicule.Β 

Funny that.

Reminds me of this auld classic:

Β 

D6FF12FD-CDF3-47AC-AFF3-A6DE8E8E58AD.jpeg

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:Jocksey kidding on he voted yes and will vote yes again

:rofl:Manalive says "Haud ma beer, that's my routine"

Β 

39D223EE-ECBC-4191-AB63-8DE1F747EADA.jpeg

Anyway, back on track. Just seen Nadine Doris slavering that she's backing Boris as "she wants to win the next election" and "he's a winner" and will "unite the party".

Β 

Not one word about the public, the cost of living or the reputation of the country. Just interested in her, her party and keeping her job.

Β 

Tories gonna tory.

Watched a programme and Boris supporters saying bring him back as he got us through the covid pandemic and got Brexit done.

Β 

Can we just put things straight.

Β 

He did not!! get us through the pandemic, NHS workers, care workers, ect got us through it, ok the furlough scheme was brought in ( not even Boris's idea) so give them that. Overall the public got through the worst of it despite hopeless politicians

Β 

Aye he got Brexit done and look at the clusterfeck that is.

Β 

Bring Boris back.....aye right!!.

Edited by micole

Is it not about time the King said something about this? His opinion may sway some of the tolies to agree to a GE which is exactly what's needed to settle this. He doesn't need to issue a "Royal decree" just his opinion on his preference on the direction this should take.

1 minute ago, micole said:

Watched a programme and Boris supporters saying bring him back as he got us through the covid pandemic and got Brexit done.

Β 

Β 

He did not!! get us through the pandemic, NHS workers, care workers, ect got us through it, ok the furlough scheme was brought in ( not even Boris's idea) so give them that. Overall the public got through the worst of it despite hopeless politicians

Β 

Β 

Amnesia on a mass scale.Β 

Β 

Its like a Celtic/Rangers thing with them. Regardless of how bad they are they just keep singing the same songs.

Β 

It's all about winning at any cost and to hell with peoples bills/mortgages/jobs, as long as the tories are "in power".

periodictabledancer
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyway, back on track. Just seen Nadine Doris slavering that she's backing Boris as "she wants to win the next election" and "he's a winner" and will "unite the party".

Β 

Not one word about the public, the cost of living or the reputation of the country. Just interested in her, her party and keeping her job.

Β 

Tories gonna tory.

It says something about them that they think a guy whose government mutinied under him can be brought back to lead the country through the biggest (self inflicted) crisis since WWII while refusing their own party members a vote because they can't be trusted not to choose another complete incompetent for the job. It's a weird country that tells its citizens that it can't have an election because the definition of a prime minister is a man who can form a govt to lead the country - and in the same breath re-elect the same guy who had literally no government and whose own party and the public made clear they wanted consigned to the bin.Β 

Wher is Spitting Image ?Β 

Β 

17 minutes ago, micole said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Brexit has been an utter disasterΒ 

pandemic the same

They achieved nothing

51 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Β 

I read your original post as though you were suggesting that it was opposite, in a political sense, to their policies. As in a Left v Right approach.

I dont think a political party having some policies/benefits means tested and other not as a stumbling block.

Β 

My main point doesn't really care about specific parties anyway. It was sa general question about the idea of means tested pensions.

Β 

I have already spent too long on this throwaway line from a previous poster - no party will means test the worst pension in Europe.

Whether you like the UK or not, pre-Brexit we were internationally respected and had good standing for the most part. Brexit and everything that has followed has destroyed that reputation and I genuinely don't see how that could be repaired any time soon, if ever. And it all started because a horrible minority in the Conservative party were anti EU and that idiot Cameron thought a referendum would sort it all out. The Conservative party are an absolute parasite in this country and responsible for so much suffering.

Edited by Jambos_1874

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I’m glad you have an avenue to let all your anger out Ri.Β 

Β 

You forgot the self satisfied smile at the end dazo, how's everyone going to know you imbibe your own farts?

Β 

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Whether you like the UK or not, pre-Brexit we were internationally respected and had good standing for the most part. Brexit and everything that has followed has destroyed that reputation and I genuinely don't see how that could be repaired any time soon, if ever. And it all started because a horrible minority in the Conservative party were anti EU and that idiot Cameron thought a referendum would sort it all out. The Conservative party are an absolute parasite in this country and responsible for so much suffering.

Spot on.

The ridiculous notion of fostering a grown up,Β  mutually respectful,Β  mutually advantageous,Β  productive,Β  sustainable relationship with the EU had reared it's head for a horrifying couple of days there.Β  Thank god Spaffer is back to strangle that idea at birth.

Β 

Hoorah.

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mordaunt looks like absolute filth and I’m down with that

Β 

:jjyay:

Certainly a step up from the knicker flasher opposite.Β 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Everyone getting along on this fine Friday morning? Good, good.

Β 

Enjoy your day's, folks. πŸ‘πŸ»

:cheers:

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The ridiculous notion of fostering a grown up,Β  mutually respectful,Β  mutually advantageous,Β  productive,Β  sustainable relationship with the EU had reared it's head for a horrifying couple of days there.Β  Thank god Spaffer is back to strangle that idea at birth.

Β 

Hoorah.

Yip the haunted pencil is out backing Spaffer ergo the ERG are backing Spaffer. Why?

Β 

Brexit.Β 

Β 

They want to dig up the corpse of that rip roaring success and have another go on it.Β 

25 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Exactly.

The fact that some of them are now backing Boris for a return should tell you all you need to know about the type of people who are tory MP's.

They are toxic, and given all that's passed since May left, you would think that now would be the time to take a look at themselves and make a positive change but no, they just double down on the madness.

Even tory supporters know its time for them to go. They are no longer a car crash, the car has been wrecked, went on fire, been put out and towed away to be crushed at the scrap yard!

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

The louder yes supporters, and the mods on this board, still superchill on the racist terminology lazily employed in the debate, it seems. Braw :)

dr-evil-cry.gif

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Β 

Hoorah.

Β 

People in England screaming for a GE who think Lab will win and lead them back to the EU are in for a big shock.

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yip the haunted pencil is out backing Spaffer ergo the ERG are backing Spaffer. Why?

Β 

Brexit.Β 

Β 

They want to dig up the corpse of that rip roaring success and have another go on it.Β 

Β 

There's talk that he's likely to skoosh the 100 sponsors mark and be 1 of 2 candidates.Β  The 1922 prefer that the 2nd of 2 quietly withdraws,Β  leaving a coronation.Β  Spaffer will not do so and may even end up as top candidate in the parliamentary group.Β  Once put before the insane asylum (party members) it's a 1 horse race.

Β 

The only good thing is the prospect of around 20-40 MPs resigning the whip.Β  If it gets to 50+ then there might be a glimmer of hope of a no confidence motion.Β Β 

4 minutes ago, briever said:

Β 

People in England screaming for a GE who think Lab will win and lead them back to the EU are in for a big shock.

Β 

Who mentioned rejoining?Β  Nobody.Β  What's required is a productive relationship to salvage something from what's left post-Brexit.

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Exactly.

The fact that some of them are now backing Boris for a return should tell you all you need to know about the type of people who are tory MP's.

They are toxic, and given all that's passed since May left, you would think that now would be the time to take a look at themselves and make a positive change but no, they just double down on the madness.

Even tory supporters know its time for them to go. They are no longer a car crash, the car has been wrecked, went on fire, been put out and towed away to be crushed at the scrap yard!

Β 

I think toxic is absolutely the correct word. There must be at least a good number of genuine, hard working, decent Conservatives who have the country's best interests at heart but they are probably just steamrolled by the worst elements within their own party, such as JRM.

Β 

I have always been pro-union and genuinely believed that leaving the UK wouldΒ  fundamentally be bad for Scotland in a number of ways. I still largely believe that, but with Brexit and the direction of the country it is increasingly hard to support that position, and even find myself considering whether independence would be a better path, albeit with a number of decades of difficulties before we reshape the economy, haggle with rUK etc.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, micole said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Just to say every country used furlough, and Brexit is nowhere done as they keep changing the oven ready deal.Β 

36 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Β 

Agreed. I don't want to ruffle feathers any more than they already are but personally I would also add that our failure to knock Brexit into touch was also due to Corbyn's vacillation (I suspect he was actually pro-Brexit) and, as a result, the Labour Party's inability to mount a decent opposition to Brexit at the time. It was the fact that we had both Cameron and Corbyn in command at the time that allowed Brexit to be a success. The perfect storm.

19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No way Boris is getting near the job.Β 

Β 

Oh he'll get near all right. Whether he gets it depends on whether the Tory big cheeses can somehow prevent the Tory membership from voting on the issue.

4 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Β 

I think toxic is absolutely the correct word. There must be at least a good number of genuine, hard working, decent Conservatives who have the country's best interests at heart but they are probably just steamrolled by the worst elements within their own party, such as JRM.

Β 

I have always been pro-union and genuinely believed that leaving the UK wouldΒ  fundamentally be bad for Scotland in a number of ways. I still largely believe that, but with Brexit and the direction of the country it is increasingly hard to support that position, and even find myself considering whether independence would be a better path, albeit with a number of decades of difficulties before we reshape the economy, haggle with rUK etc.

Β 

Because the Tories are well known for being genuine, hard working and decentΒ πŸ™„

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Β 

There's talk that he's likely to skoosh the 100 sponsors mark and be 1 of 2 candidates.Β  The 1922 prefer that the 2nd of 2 quietly withdraws,Β  leaving a coronation.Β  Spaffer will not do so and may even end up as top candidate in the parliamentary group.Β  Once put before the insane asylum (party members) it's a 1 horse race.

Β 

The only good thing is the prospect of around 20-40 MPs resigning the whip.Β  If it gets to 50+ then there might be a glimmer of hope of a no confidence motion.Β Β 

The whole thing reeks of a cunning plan.

Β 

Β 

Brady thought he was being clever by setting the bar at 100 votes but what he didn’t factor in was the sheer craven self interest of the shitehawks in the Tory party. They know that it’s game over with Sunak or the big unit in charge and they’re so desperate to keep their snouts in the trough that they’ll hold their noses and bring back the guy that won.

Β 

he’ll be in the top 2 and then they’ve got a big problemΒ on how they sell that to what’s left of their moderates.Β 
Β 

I saw a commentator last night that said it’s brilliant!Β if Johnson wins it’ll tear the Tories apart, if he doesn’t win it’ll tear the Tories apart.Β 

Β 

WorldChampions1902
50 minutes ago, briever said:

Β 

I have already spent too long on this throwaway line from a previous poster - no party will means test the worst pension in Europe.

Correct! Hopefully we can put this to bed now.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Β 

Oh he'll get near all right. Whether he gets it depends on whether the Tory big cheeses can somehow prevent the Tory membership from voting on the issue.

Looking at the expression on the Tory guys face on question time last night I think there is a little chink if realisation setting in for some of them. They basically have one chance of turning the oblivion they are racing around into a glimmer of hope. I think/hope it will be a one horse race on Monday. I agree though the last thing the want is a membership vote.Β 

Just now, Victorian said:

:rofl:Β  Blabbermooth to make a statement soon re a bid.

Β 

Here's my statement.Β  Don't bother dear.Β  You're priced out.

It’s hard to keep up, which one is blabbermooth ?Β 

There must also be a huge question mark over Johnson and Hunt working together. Hunt & Johnson were the final 2 in 2019. When Johnson defeated Hunt he consigned him to the back benches despite (or because ) of his experience and lack of willingness to be a Cabinet nodding dog. Would Johnson retain Hunt with Hunt having the full veto over Treasury? Possibly but would be a constant friction.

58 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mordaunt looks like absolute filth and I’m down with that

Β 

:jjyay:

Β 

Finally some proper insightful relevant content on this thread . Agreed

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Correct. The labour party put in a clause(which EUref wouldn't have met either) Reneged on devolution, lost the backing of the SNP, which cause their minority government to collapse, allowing Thatcher to take power. Then we had 25 years of labour labelling the SNP tartan Tories (Which Scottish people believe/d). When infact Labour fecked Scotland over. All about the Oil. Ask Dennis Healey.

Β 

Have you a ouija board I can borrow? 😜

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

I’m glad you have an avenue to let all your anger out Ri.Β 

Β 

Think he may be channelling it for the revolution. Hopefully he and his pitchfork don't make it further south than York!

Just now, Victorian said:

Β 

Braverman

Surely she doesn’t fancy her chances ? I reckon it will be I’m not running I’m backing whoever announcement.Β 

joondalupjambo
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just to say every country used furlough, and Brexit is nowhere done as they keep changing the oven ready deal.Β 

The Northern Ireland issue will never be solved.

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

The Northern Ireland issue will never be solved.

Β 

Only by reunification , which is looking more and more likely the longer Stormont does not sit and the effect that is having on ordinary peoples livesΒ 

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Surely she doesn’t fancy her chances ? I reckon it will be I’m not running I’m backing whoever announcement.Β 

The ERG need their next puppet following the departure of Thick Lizzy. Blabbermooth ticks all their boxes.