• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I turn 60 this year. Im definitely getting to old for all this shite.

Do you still need a fair amount of intelligence to qualify and study at university nowadays?

No just green or blue hair dye it seems. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

well said sir

Well said?

His first and last sentences directly contradict each other ffs

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

Well said?

His first and last sentences directly contradict each other ffs

who cares what you say. I said well said. That's all that matters to me. 

16 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

well said sir

He has literally contradicted himself here with his first and last sentence?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

He has literally contradicted himself here with his first and last sentence?

well if you listened to what he said he means gay culture NOT the identity wokery of it all. 

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

well if you listened to what he said he means gay culture NOT the identity wokery of it all. 

What he is essentially saying is there is nothing to be proud of in being born gay, however making the choice to embrace gay culture and the community there is pride in that. 

I always though being gay wasn’t choice for people. They were inherently like that.  🤷

Not sure what the issue is tbh. Why can’t you be proud of being part of a large community as well as being proud of who you are inherently meant to be?

Unknown user
57 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

who cares what you say. I said well said. That's all that matters to me. 

😆 you think that was well said

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What he is essentially saying is there is nothing to be proud of in being born gay, however making the choice to embrace gay culture and the community there is pride in that. 

I always though being gay wasn’t choice for people. They were inherently like that.  🤷

Not sure what the issue is tbh. Why can’t you be proud of being part of a large community as well as being proud of who you are inherently meant to be?

well his point  was would someone say they are " proud" to have blue eyes etc. its just who you are. 

JudyJudyJudy
50 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Im not " proud" of being gay. I am just who are am. A part of that is being gay. 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Im not " proud" of being gay. I am just who are am. A part of that is being gay. 

I suppose when you think that the stigma attached to being gay was, or certainly as we grew up (I think we’re about similar age) it should be something you’re no longer ashamed of. 
It’s never bothered me at all as much as I’ve probably threw around the slurs at people without thinking like most did years ago. You learn I guess and especially since my daughter came out it’s made me check myself. 
Im completely and utterly baffled by the trans thing though.

I just don’t understand it at all. 
It’s supposed to be such a small percentage of the population yet it’s to the detriment of around 50% of the world? 

Being a woman is a feeling?

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I suppose when you think that the stigma attached to being gay was, or certainly as we grew up (I think we’re about similar age) it should be something you’re no longer ashamed of. 
It’s never bothered me at all as much as I’ve probably threw around the slurs at people without thinking like most did years ago. You learn I guess and especially since my daughter came out it’s made me check myself. 

It’s supposed to be such a small percentage of the population yet it’s to the detriment of around 50% of the world? 

Being a woman is a feeling?

Yes there was but we just got on with things . It wasn’t a Dailey thing but enough to be abusive .   

Aye a woman is adult human female ! That simple so nothing more to understand . 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes there was but we just got on with things . It wasn’t a Dailey thing but enough to be abusive .   

Aye a woman is adult human female ! That simple so nothing more to understand . 

Like most things nowadays I find it difficult to work out what is what because of social media. There are agendas everywhere just weaponising one thing or another trying to split everyone down a line somewhere. 
It’s not like we can just level this at the SG either they’re all at it and I don’t know why. 
I have a mum obviously, a sister, a niece and my daughter so I’m concerned  about what this means for the females in my family. 
Why has trans became such a thing? 

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Why has trans became such a thing? 

You can't say no nowadays, if you disagree you're labeled as "phobic".

In my sons school, a pretty rural school on the Cumbria / North Yorkshire / Lancashire border, there are around twenty kids in his year that identify as trans but only three to his knowlage that are gay, this is in a school of about fifteen hundred pupils.

One kid started as a boy, for two years was a trans girl, his voice broke in the summer and now he's a boy again!

One girl is a cat complete with ears and tail on a daily basis, no litter tray as yet.

Unknown user
11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

And this is the root of the big problem for me.

People have an idea of how the world works, and when an issue like this raises it's head, many don't know what to make of it, don't understand it, and, like everything we don't understand, fear it and see it as a potential threat.

We've seen screechy overreaction before but thankfully society gets used to new concepts. In the 80s a celebrity's career could have been done if they'd come out as gay, now a gay couple can get married.

Hopefully society can learn to deal with things we don't understand better, but in the meantime people need to get past the triggered rage and actually discuss the issue in a pragmatic manner, because it's not going away.

Edited by Smithee

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And this is the root of the big problem for me.

People have an idea of how the world works, and when an issue like this raises it's head, many don't know what to make of it, don't understand it, and, like everything we don't understand, fear it and see it as a potential threat.

We've seen screechy overreaction before but thankfully society gets used to new concepts. In the 80s a celebrity's career could have been done if they'd come out as gay, now a gay couple can get married.

Hopefully society can learn to deal with things we don't understand better, but in the meantime people need to get past the triggered rage and actually discuss the issue in a pragmatic manner, because it's not going away.

Very good post. I find it interesting and quite ironic that somebody who could have experienced persecution for their sexuality in the 80s could be so vigorous in attacking a community who seem to trigger the same types of reactions. 

A lot of people condemned the gay communities as deviants and perverts back in the day. History is repeating itself. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Very good post. I find it interesting and quite ironic that somebody who could have experienced persecution for their sexuality in the 80s could be so vigorous in attacking a community who seem to trigger the same types of reactions. 

A lot of people condemned the gay communities as deviants and perverts back in the day. History is repeating itself. 

Change the record ! Always ready to get your oar in 

5F945048-E87A-4CBA-B9FB-DFDF65AEA904.gif

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Homosexuality is quite different from transsexuals and gender dismorphia. 

This constant need to try and have a certain individual take a certain view because of his sexuality is just as uncomfortable to read as some of the more outlandish anti-trans posts. All of us on this board probably have a characteristic that would see us marginalised in some context be it in modernity or historically. It doesn't follow that everyone therefore has to support every cause under the sun. 

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

This constant need to try and have a certain individual take a certain view because of his sexuality is just as uncomfortable to read as some of the more outlandish

👍👍

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Homosexuality is quite different from transsexuals and gender dismorphia. 

This constant need to try and have a certain individual take a certain view because of his sexuality is just as uncomfortable to read as some of the more outlandish anti-trans posts. All of us on this board probably have a characteristic that would see us marginalised in some context be it in modernity or historically. It doesn't follow that everyone therefore has to support every cause under the sun. 

What's really being said is that being a screeching reactionary is poor form, there's a proper conversation needed around this and that can't happen with shite like "They're trying to take away gay rights" swilling about.

It just so happens that the minority James is part of, has gone through similar tribulations in the relatively recent past, so you'd think he'd be a bit less Daily Mail about it all.

But hey, we're all free to rampage about if we choose.

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Change the record ! Always ready to get your oar in 

5F945048-E87A-4CBA-B9FB-DFDF65AEA904.gif

I should have remembered. Only your opinion counts. Nobody else is allowed to post anything that differs. Better sticking to the echo chamber. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

What's really being said is that being a screeching reactionary is poor form, there's a proper conversation needed around this and that can't happen with shite like "They're trying to take away gay rights" swilling about.

It just so happens that the minority James is part of, has gone through similar tribulations in the relatively recent past, so you'd think he'd be a bit less Daily Mail about it all.

But hey, we're all free to rampage about if we choose.

“ they “ as in some are certainly trying to erase gay and lesbian identity by perpetuating the lie that gay and lesbian attraction is not necessarily same sex attraction . Ludicrous , insulting mis information . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don’t think it is, or not exactly. There are major physical and mental considerations involved with gender reassignment, very different to the matter of gay rights. Sexuality is simple not identical to gender. It suits people to say that the trans debate is essentially the same thing because that way, they can look to get their way on every issue. But it’s incredibly complex and the trans community shouldn’t be using the historical campaign for gay rights as a weapon. Nor should they be telling gay people what or how to think

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t think it is, or not exactly. There are major physical and mental considerations involved with gender reassignment, very different to the matter of gay rights. Sexuality is simple not identical to gender. It suits people to say that the trans debate is essentially the same thing because that way, they can look to get their way on every issue. But it’s incredibly complex and the trans community shouldn’t be using the historical campaign for gay rights as a weapon. Nor should they be telling gay people what or how to think

👍

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As he's referring to my post, I'm not saying the trans debate is essentially the same. I'm saying, as clearly as I know how, that gays suffered screechy judgement from people that didn't understand them or their motivations, and that, as a group, you'd think they'd be more aware and try not to be that guy.

But hey, we're all free to act how we like, just as I'm free to opine on those actions 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As he's referring to my post, I'm not saying the trans debate is essentially the same. I'm saying, as clearly as I know how, that gays suffered screechy judgement from people that didn't understand them or their motivations, and that, as a group, you'd think they'd be more aware and try not to be that guy.

But hey, we're all free to act how we like, just as I'm free to opine on those actions 

Listen, I get that and I broadly agree - it’s incredibly unfortunate that two essentially vulnerable groups have managed to be pitted against each other. Fault on both sides imo

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Listen, I get that and I broadly agree - it’s incredibly unfortunate that two essentially vulnerable groups have managed to be pitted against each other. Fault on both sides imo

Yes massive error of judgment having the t” added to LGB . It was purely a business reason , nothing altruistic about it really . 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I just think it's great to know that gay people are allowed to be ****s as well.  :thumbsup: 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

I just think it's great to know that gay people are allowed to be ****s as well.  :thumbsup: 

Yep . Imagine that the gays are just like everyone else 3691CE31-F202-4D3E-A7BF-73FC43DDA429.gif.80e475448db670653e1ac0cd0bb70937.gif

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep . Imagine that the gays are just like everyone else 3691CE31-F202-4D3E-A7BF-73FC43DDA429.gif.80e475448db670653e1ac0cd0bb70937.gif

Some of us, in our headlong rush to be inclusive and perhaps to make up for our own mistakes of the past, are inclined to give gay people (or "out" people) a pass as though they were somehow immune from the ugliness, prejudice, harshness and unadulteratedly vituperative bigotry shown by people in society's mainstream.

This thread shows that this is not the case, and in that sense it is a valuable lesson.

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Some of us, in our headlong rush to be inclusive and perhaps to make up for our own mistakes of the past, are inclined to give gay people (or "out" people) a pass as though they were somehow immune from the ugliness, prejudice, harshness and unadulteratedly vituperative bigotry shown by people in society's mainstream.

This thread shows that this is not the case, and in that sense it is a valuable lesson.

Yep equality ! Believing one group of peoples have specific qualities is…….

im just happy I’m a unique individual who doesn’t feel the need to follow the  crowd .

23 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep equality ! Believing one group of peoples have specific qualities is…….

im just happy I’m a unique individual who doesn’t feel the need to follow the  crowd .

Nobody in their right minds thinks that gay people are uniquely free from the kind of bigotry that others have.  Some people see the injustice and meanness inflicted on gay people for so long, and perhaps overcompensate for that by not subjecting them and their views to the same scrutiny and accountability as others.  It's not the best way to analyse things, but it is based on kindness and for that reason I wouldn't be too critical of it.

This thread demonstrates that we shouldn't do that, and that gay people are every bit as capable of manifesting ugly, prejudiced, harsh and bigoted politics and every bit as incapable of considered and rational analysis as the rest of the world.

Happiness is a good thing, but it is no use as a measure of the quality of one's analytical abilities or the decency of one's politics.  Eejits can be satisfied with themselves as much as anyone else, and bigots can be as happy or as sad as the rest of us.  A bigoted eejit is best avoided in this life, whether gay or straight.

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The two aren't always the same, TBH.

I'm not getting you, what do you mean?

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Nobody in their right minds thinks that gay people are uniquely free from the kind of bigotry that others have.  Some people see the injustice and meanness inflicted on gay people for so long, and perhaps overcompensate for that by not subjecting them and their views to the same scrutiny and accountability as others.  It's not the best way to analyse things, but it is based on kindness and for that reason I wouldn't be too critical of it.

This thread demonstrates that we shouldn't do that, and that gay people are every bit as capable of manifesting ugly, prejudiced, harsh and bigoted politics and every bit as incapable of considered and rational analysis as the rest of the world.

Happiness is a good thing, but it is no use as a measure of the quality of one's analytical abilities or the decency of one's politics.  Eejits can be satisfied with themselves as much as anyone else, and bigots can be as happy or as sad as the rest of us.  A bigoted eejit is best avoided in this life, whether gay or straight.

And let's not forget bigoted trans eejits, for they can be them too. In fact, probably best to just assume everyone has a JKB login and is an arsefield.

17 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

“ they “ as in some are certainly trying to erase gay and lesbian identity by perpetuating the lie that gay and lesbian attraction is not necessarily same sex attraction . Ludicrous , insulting mis information . 

Before this thread was even started, people were pulling you up for your "They" patter, and you were having none of it. They were this, They were that.

And as for the rest, it's just word soup, erasing gay identity ffs.

i wish jj was my dad
14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are some very good posts on those page that are expressed much better than I have been trying to do.  Beyond this thread I'm not really exposed much to the 'debate' so I don't encounter much hostility generated by the trans community but I do see it generated against them. As others have said, there are ****s in all walks of life but I guess my general point is that I find it ironic and actually unsettling that people who would have been persecuted for being 'different' would do the same to another group who are perceived as 'different' in what should be far more enlightened times. I'm particularly vexed that by not condemning the GRC bill you are somehow enabling paedos.

I fully accept that I am pretty ignorant on this topic but the general behaviour towards anybody who doesn't share a particular point of view bothers me.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

There are some very good posts on those page that are expressed much better than I have been trying to do.  Beyond this thread I'm not really exposed much to the 'debate' so I don't encounter much hostility generated by the trans community but I do see it generated against them. As others have said, there are ****s in all walks of life but I guess my general point is that I find it ironic and actually unsettling that people who would have been persecuted for being 'different' would do the same to another group who are perceived as 'different' in what should be far more enlightened times. I'm particularly vexed that by not condemning the GRC bill you are somehow enabling paedos.

I fully accept that I am pretty ignorant on this topic but the general behaviour towards anybody who doesn't share a particular point of view bothers me.

Yes your correct with one point you are 

“ pretty ignorant “ on this topic . 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes your correct with one point you are 

“ pretty ignorant “ on this topic . 

Ouch that really stings but yip quite happy to acknowledge I don't know much more than Joe Punter and have acknowledged your close interest and (sincerely held) strong views. 

I do know a wee but more about human behaviour though and have never been taken by types that aggressively attack what they don't agree with. So if you are going to post such provocative views you can expect them to be challenged. 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Shit like this sometimes appears on my twitter feed. 
What in the ****ing hell does this mean? :lol:

0E845B5B-2432-4E19-9D10-2C5CA86A6381.jpeg

Yes I saw that on my feed . I just rolled my eyes ! It means absolutely pish . 

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Surely it's a parody. 

I have no idea and certainly no desire to find out. It was retweeted by Wings, he’s pretty into the trans debate. On the side of women that is. 
Despises NS and the SNP these days incidentally. 
I see these arguments at times and have literally no idea who is calling who what. 
It’s just bizarre AF. 

Ron Burgundy
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I have no idea and certainly no desire to find out. It was retweeted by Wings, he’s pretty into the trans debate. On the side of women that is. 
I see these arguments at times and have literally no idea who is calling who what. 
It’s just bizarre AF. 

I'm the same. I have no idea if he/she/they are pro or anti whatever.

The only thing I am sure of is that if it's genuine then they are mentally ill.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s just bizarre AF. 

It’s word salad. It’s makes that kind of twitter person feel They are superior to those “ mere “ mortals who are gay , bi of trans I suppose . However it could Also be directed at gays . Hard to work out 

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm the same. I have no idea if he/she/they are pro or anti whatever.

The only thing I am sure of is that if it's genuine then they are mentally ill.

Yes