• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

Just now, BlueRiver said:

Words being put in your mouth inbound…

I know I wish they would  tell me what I am thinking ? What a skill they seem to have 

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Continue calling other folk bigots and declaring your superior intellect. 

Not a bad idea. Seems to be the in-thing around these parts - both implicitly and explicitly.

23 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

That dress does you no favours.

Well, least we agree on one thing. 

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well, least we agree on one thing. 

We agree on lots, james. 

Anyway gays .

I was at a charity quiz night last night. It was for " Maggies centre" which is a great cause.  It was arranged by a gay group which I am a member of.  First time I have went to one of their events. It was a great evening.  Around 40 people were there, mainly around my age but there were some younger people there too.  I just felt really in touch with my gay " identity".  I felt a real warmth and empathy being around other gay people particular those who are of a similar age as me as we have all went through the same issues such as coming out in the 80s in a very different cultural landscape than it is today. 

Facing abuse and physical violence in that period just because of who you were, family rejection (never happened to me fortunately although one of my brothers was awful to me), the AIDS epidemic, Section 28 and various other obstacles to overcome.   Just glad i wasn't a Hibbie as well :) 

It was a great night and I'm off to another event next week.  The group has been set up for social interactions as the gay world in particular can be more geared to soulless, anonymous sexual encounters and it's nice to be part of a group which is for clearly about social and emotional support.  I met a few nice people and  won something on the raffle ( a bottle of prosecco).  

I took a lot for me to go as i didnt know anyone at the event

I came home very content and listened to this song.  " Im still here" and they are too.  

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Anyway gays .

I was at a charity quiz night last night. It was for " Maggies centre" which is a great cause.  It was arranged by a gay group which I am a member of.  First time I have went to one of their events. It was a great evening.  Around 40 people were there, mainly around my age but there were some younger people there too.  I just felt really in touch with my gay " identity".  I felt a real warmth and empathy being around other gay people particular those who are of a similar age as me as we have all went through the same issues such as coming out in the 80s in a very different cultural landscape than it is today. 

Facing abuse and physical violence in that period just because of who you were, family rejection (never happened to me fortunately although one of my brothers was awful to me), the AIDS epidemic, Section 28 and various other obstacles to overcome.   Just glad i wasn't a Hibbie as well :) 

It was a great night and I'm off to another event next week.  The group has been set up for social interactions as the gay world in particular can be more geared to soulless, anonymous sexual encounters and it's nice to be part of a group which is for clearly about social and emotional support.  I met a few nice people and  won something on the raffle ( a bottle of prosecco).  

I came home very content and listened to this song.  " Im still here" and they are too.  

Was there any straight people there, maybe supporting gay friends or family?

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Was there any straight people there, maybe supporting gay friends or family?

No everyone had beards even the women ! 😂

most people were gay as it’s a gay group . There were a couple of women there , so they may have just been there to enjoy themselves ? 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No everyone had beards even the women ! 😂

most people were gay as it’s a gay group . There were a couple of women there , so they may have just been there to enjoy themselves ? 

🤣

The reason I asked was the my son was at his mates birthday party last week, she's openly gay and has just turned 16, there was predominantly straight kids at the party and I thought it was great as it would never have happened when I was that age.

henrysmithsgloves
22 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Anyway gays .

Hold on a moment,I would draw the line at you being a hobbo🤬🤬😁

6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣

The reason I asked was the my son was at his mates birthday party last week, she's openly gay and has just turned 16, there was predominantly straight kids at the party and I thought it was great as it would never have happened when I was that age.

Yes much easier in many ways being out At that age than it was when I was a teenager . Hiding a major part of oneself  can be really damaging to one’s mental Health . 

3 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Hold on a moment,I would draw the line at you being a hobbo🤬🤬😁

Never 😂

FAC1675E-0F8B-4155-83FB-E1FFE9FEA6B2.gif

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣

I first noticed the change around the mid 90s, Dawn. My youngest brother is 10 years younger than I am, and his council estate young team were very different to my generation.

What would've been unthinkable only 10 years earlier on pain of bullying and ridicule didn't faze any of them one bit.  The most refreshing thing was that none of them even seemed to notice, let alone care. 

2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I first noticed the change around the mid 90s, Dawn. My youngest brother is 10 years younger than I am, and his council estate young team were very different to my generation.

What would've been unthinkable only 10 years earlier on pain of bullying and ridicule didn't faze any of them one bit.  The most refreshing thing was that none of them even seemed to notice, let alone care. 

Aye, I'm 51 now and I'm really impressed by the open attitude of my son and his group of friends.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm 40 and get more bigoted and narrow minded by the day. Must be reading this board.

Conversely I'd say I'm going the opposite way, due to having a teenage son no doubt.

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm 40 and get more bigoted and narrow minded by the day. Must be reading this board.

:pleasing:

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

C046892C-4D45-4FF5-B008-ADB57F90CFBF.gif

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I refer you to the member from the McClaymore clan's last post on this thread.

I'm just having a laugh. I see you and DMc as a couple of upstarts...obstreperous, mischievous individuals...and why not.  Spices up the board really. Good to have all sorts really. 

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

obstreperous, 

Not a chance in ****ing hell you knew what that word meant before posting it.

10 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Not a chance in ****ing hell you knew what that word meant before posting it.

Yes i did as i recall it clearly when Bette  Davis collected her AFI life achievement award, and she mentioned that word when talking about being " difficult " to direct. 

:) just never needed to use it until now.  Admittedly i had to spell check it though 

Have faith aka clamped :)

@3.22 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

il Duce McTarkin
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes i did as i recall it clearly when Bette  Davis collected her AFI life achievement award, and she mentioned that word when talking about being " difficult " to direct. 

:) just never needed to use it until now.  Admittedly i had to spell check it though 

Have faith aka clamped :)

@3.22 

Fair enough, I'll give you that one. :lol:

9 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Noticed that over a couple of threads. 

Funny how he posts himself with a far right Italian figure as his display photo, wants to close down discussion, and spends an inordinate amount of time feeling sorry for the poor wee Russians on the war thread

It builds up a picture 

I'm glad someone else noticed that too. :)

il Duce McTarkin
On 05/11/2022 at 21:28, redjambo said:

I'm glad someone else noticed that too. :)

I'll make absolutely no apology for it.

On 05/11/2022 at 12:57, JudyJudyJudy said:

He frames most of his comment in the " edgy" parameters.  Thinking Hes "cool" and superior in his views to others and dismissing them with so called " humour" Its rather boring as one doesn't really know what his opinions are as he masks them so much. Maybe too frightened to truly post what he really thinks.  He thinks he is an enigma, Hes not. He just a bloke posting stuff on an internet forum . Nothing more or less.

Isn't this pretty pompous and condescending?

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Isn't this pretty pompous and condescending?

Stop causing bother dear . Dirk and I have reached a detente ! Woke up on the wrong side of the bed again ? Anyway what’s that comment to do with you. ? Another one poking his snib into others debates ! Get back to the “ Indy “ thread ! Have a good day 

Dick Dastardly
On 04/11/2022 at 16:22, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

He is a total welt, very unfunny and a serial liar. Remember a few years back he claimed he had run x amount of marathons in so many days. I do not recall the details but it was a steaming pile of xxxx.

Really? I've googled it and i can't find anything to contradict him actually doing the marathons he claimed to have. 

“ when I was young homosexuality was illegal and shameful , then they allowed it for 21+ “    

“ and it’s now being taught in schools “ 😂😂 i Must have missed those classes so maybe I’m a self taught homosexual ! Practice makes perfect 

!!! Lol no surprises he’s a bible thumper 

“ allowed it “ didn’t know you needed permission to be a homosexal

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFfwHCDe/

0FA82247-8127-447F-8D96-CDAE9687C581.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Really? I've googled it and i can't find anything to contradict him actually doing the marathons he claimed to have. 

Did he not get cought getting lifts during the marathons? 

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Did he not get cought getting lifts during the marathons? 

I didn't see anything about that. It does sound believable though. He only did a month or so training, smokes and drinks but ran/walked 30 odd consecutive marathons. Maybe a better googler than me can find some info? 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

I didn't see anything about that. It does sound believable though. He only did a month or so training, smokes and drinks but ran/walked 30 odd consecutive marathons. Maybe a better googler than me can find some info? 

I haven't googled it, I just remember it happened to someone and when I read this I thought it was him, could've been someone else mind but I think he was in a bad way during the runs.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Stop causing bother dear . Dirk and I have reached a detente ! Woke up on the wrong side of the bed again ? Anyway what’s that comment to do with you. ? Another one poking his snib into others debates ! Get back to the “ Indy “ thread ! Have a good day 

And again 🤷‍♂️ 

51 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Same, and he did it again earlier this year.

Wasn't it just that she didn't always do a continuous marathon and walked 26.2 miles a day or whatever.

Still a phenomenal achievement but I think referring to it as running was what was a bit misleading and may have caused some to criticise.

Edited by Taffin

33 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He did the marathons or he pretended to do them? 

One or t'other, depending on who's reporting it seems!

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Wasn't it just that she didn't always do a continuous marathon and walked 26.2 miles a day or whatever.

Still a phenomenal achievement but I think referring to it as running was what was a bit misleading and may have caused some to criticise.

I saw that on some jogging forum when i was looking into it. I could see their point!