***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

jamboinglasgow

This is based on no inside knowledge, but I reckon Rowles wont be the only Australian (or Australian based player we sign this summer.)

Also I can see us signing one or two raw talented young players to play in the B team first to develop.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

colinmorewasgash

Wee lee wants woodburn according to a hibby reckons he'll sort his style off play.😂🤣 Wouldn't surprise me if this is true they like any off our cast offs.

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs have just announced they have signed a defender from Central Coast Mariners, 21 year old Right back Lewis Miller.

Something about it makes me laugh that the day we announce we sign a defender from Central Coast Mariners, Hibs do the same.

Something in that tells me they tried to hijack our signing 😂.    Probably said, "we are signing one of your buddies come join us with him." 

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, TurboT said:

I'd take Marshall as back-up to Gordon in goals and I'd also take Nisbet.  Apart from that, their squad is just meh, the one player they had that was decent was Boyle and they got rid of him in January.

Cadden deserves more, he's a very good player. Marshall for our bench. Meh to the rest.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Wee lee wants woodburn according to a hibby reckons he'll sort his style off play.😂🤣 Wouldn't surprise me if this is true they like any off our cast offs.

If they sign Woodburn it's proof we were right not to.

tartofmidlothian

LJ sounds like he's his new signings' agent. From the BBC.

"Miller is currently on Under-23 duty with Australia and new Hibs manager Lee Johnson says the club saw off "fierce competition from interested parties in Scotland and across the globe" for his signature.

"Lewis is a real competitor in his game style and is blessed with the physical and technical attributes to seamlessly fit into the way we work," he added.

Of Bushiri, Johnson said the former Belgium U21 international has "a lot of attributes" to be successful.

"He has obvious strengths and it'll be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt to a new playing style," Johnson commented.

The deal for Bojang includes an option to make the move permanent.

"There was a lot of interest in him from Portugal, Sweden, and in the MLS, but he chose Hibs to be his home," said Johnson.

"He's a player that's incredibly hungry to succeed and I'm looking forward to seeing how quickly he can adapt to the Scottish game."

Dick Dastardly
7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Porteous, Marshall and nisbet would get in to our squad 

Only allowed one over 21 in the B team. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I very much doubt we will see Woodburn back up here. Much more likely to head abroad IMO.

Absolutely classic post on .net about Rocky :rofl:

It really would be quite special if we had somehow managed to sign a player by accident. If that was true perhaps the club should have looked to make lemonade from lemons?

"Hibernian FC are both delighted and surprised to announce the accidental signing of Rocky Bushiri Kisongo. The club inadvertently swooped for the right back in an administrative error which was only discovered when the player refused to leave the building late last night, claiming "I have a clerical right to be here".

Manager Lee Johnson said: "I always planned to have at least six right backs on the books, everyone knows you can't win things with kids or without six right backs. I'll be spending the night going through Ian Gordon's filing cabinet, there's a rumour Barry Lavety, Jarko Wiss and Alan O'Brien are holed up in the groundman's storeroom waving legal papers giving them permanent residency above the main stand and a right of first refusal to play every Saturday."

Ron Gordon commented: "I love Rocky Balboa, he's my favourite sports athlete. The fact that Ian Gordon who is in no way related to me has signed him up for three years just shows the full extent of our ambition."

21 minutes ago, indianajones said:

How have Hibs been forced to sign Rocky on a THREE year contract?

when you didn't think they could hibsd 'd it any further they go and do this

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Makes sense. They can't scout a player themselves unless they have a connection to us or Aberdeen are sniffing about them. 

Rick Sanchez
16 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

"Miller is currently on Under-23 duty with Australia and new Hibs manager Lee Johnson says the club saw off "fierce competition from interested parties in Scotland and across the globe" for his signature.

"Lewis is a real competitor in his game style and is blessed with the physical and technical attributes to seamlessly fit into the way we work," he added.

Of Bushiri, Johnson said the former Belgium U21 international has "a lot of attributes" to be successful.

"He has obvious strengths and it'll be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt to a new playing style," Johnson commented.

"There was a lot of interest in him from Portugal, Sweden, and in the MLS, but he chose Hibs to be his home," said Johnson.

"He's a player that's incredibly hungry to succeed and I'm looking forward to seeing how quickly he can adapt to the Scottish game."

You should have an understanding already. I'm guessing you don't have a ****ing clue about any of their attributes. He's obviously signed up for the Ron and son show.

All the worst of luck.

indianajones
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

when you didn't think they could hibsd 'd it any further they go and do this

I just read back and i am in genuine bemusement at how a business can make such a big error.

THREE years? It sounds like they had to pay a fee too? Wonder what wage he is on?

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

They’ve signed Rocky.

When does Bullwinkle arrive?

He already did. He's their new manager.

Vlad Magic

.Net admins are in full on extinguishing duties.

Perusing their transfer thread where there were a fair few negative posts on the Rocky signing. Then the page went back to the top and all the negative posts miraculously disappeared.

They really do not like anything negative being said about anything over there. It’s obsessively modded.

Jambo in Bathgate
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

.Net admins are in full on extinguishing duties.

Perusing their transfer thread where there were a fair few negative posts on the Rocky signing. Then the page went back to the top and all the negative posts miraculously disappeared.

They really do not like anything negative being said about anything over there. It’s obsessively modded.

It would appear that Hibs are now following us in the transfer market. Just like they follow us in the league. Wee team right enough. 😂

Vlad Magic

Apologies if this has already been quoted.

From the Hibs main website.

Ian Gordon.

“Head of Recruitment Ian Gordon added: “Rocky is just 22, has played over 80 senior matches, and has a lot of room for improvement.”

He's just called his new signing shite!!

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Apologies if this has already been quoted.

From the Hibs main website.

Ian Gordon.

“Head of Recruitment Ian Gordon added: “Rocky is just 22, has played over 80 senior matches, and has a lot of room for improvement.”

He's just called his new signing shite!!

....for an 'undisclosed fee' too

Rick Sanchez

That Rocky deal is outstanding. 

100% overlooked. Signed a pre agreed fee and wage on the basis that he'd be a good signing. Isn't wanted and knows he's not wanted (look at Twitter 🤣). Signs anyway. He's shite.

Threeeee years 😍

4 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Hibs signing policy is so scattergun, and their squad is over-inflated with dross.

You hear Robbie and Joe talking about us having a squad of 24 players (give or take) for next season. Hibs currently have 26/27 players and that is before the new manager has brought in any of his own players (I imagine all of today's players were pre-identified).

They then go and sign:

1) Marshall - potentially very decent goalkeeper and likely an improvement on what they had, so hard to overly criticise that one. But if being really picky, goalie wasn't a priority position for them and they now require to get rid of Macey. 

2) Rainbows FC Gambian Loanee - sorry, who from where?! Be stunned if this guy turns out to be any better than Toto. 

3) Bushiri - an absolute huddy who they released last week, but appear to have been forced to sign on a 3 year deal due to messing up the deal and appearances. Shambles.

4) Lewis Miller - a RB when they already have three on the books (McGinn, Clarke, Cadden). 

So they now have a large squad, but haven't improved the central defence, central midfield, wide midifield or attacking areas at all. They've instead added a little depth to goalkeeper and fullback where they're actually probably already ok in.

You missed extending Paul McGinn's contract last week, just in time for him to find out that he was no longer part of Lee Johnson's plans this week! 😂😂

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You missed extending Paul McGinn's contract last week, just in time for him to find out that he was no longer part of Lee Johnson's plans this week! 😂😂

To think Steve Clarke gave McGinn a Scotland cap last year.

So hibs have landed up with a player they didnt really want on a 3yr deal and let one go who just signed a deal .. just a tad confused 

35 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

So hibs have landed up with a player they didnt really want on a 3yr deal and let one go who just signed a deal .. just a tad confused 

It's not that difficult.

3+1 = 4.

4 = aggregate number of year's wages they've just flushed down the pan.

13 minutes ago, Mister T said:

It's not that difficult.

3+1 = 4.

Superb 

Rocky jamboa

Hibs really are the best rival you could ever hope for! 🤣🤣

Their Facebook post announcing rocky has signed is either hobos saying he's murder or Hearts fans saying he's a great signing! 🤣

Edit - im just thinking, i need to change my username! 😃

Edited by Rocky jamboa

Oh Hibs ❤️🤣.

please never change. 4 years in contracts for 2 players they don’t want 🤣🤣🤣.  What a wonderful pet we have in our city. 
I know we say it all the time but it’s just incredible that they keep coming up with new scenarios when there appear to be none left. Whatever next I wonder 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣👍 I can’t wait

Edited by 1971fozzy

Finlay James
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Should also of added 

Ian Gordon is fast becoming a feking legend 🤣👍

I was thinking the same, he’s joined that long list of Hibbys that have made our neighbours look like twats.  I really don’t think we appreciate them enough 😅

9 hours ago, Mister T said:

It's not that difficult.

3+1 = 4.

This is how Yogi Hughes needed things explained to him 😂 the duckegg 

10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That Rocky deal is outstanding. 

100% overlooked. Signed a pre agreed fee and wage on the basis that he'd be a good signing. Isn't wanted and knows he's not wanted (look at Twitter 🤣). Signs anyway. He's shite.

Threeeee years 😍

Wonder if Maloney was sitting silently on the sidelines after being sacked knowing that Bushiri playing a certain amount of games would trigger this, knowing but not telling anyone.

He kind of got his own back if he did.

John Findlay

I have a hunch(admittedly 99.9% are wrong), that Lee Johnson will walk away from Hibs before the league season starts.

23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I have a hunch(admittedly 99.9% are wrong), that Lee Johnson will walk away from Hibs before the league season starts.

Don’t think it will be a long term position. Mcgeady being linked but the signings so far seem pretty random and don’t seem from the new manager 

The Hibs recruitment on the face of it looks terrible. They were a shambles last season and they don't look to have improved with the signings they have made. I'm not convinced with Marshall either, always thought he was ropey whenever I've watched him, although probably an improvement on Macey who was all over the place. That Rocky though, wow, everytime I watched him he was all over the place. The derby at Tynecastle springs to mind, probably our second best player that day! 

13 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

That Bojang guy sounds brilliant was on loan to Portuguese side and scored 6 goals in 17 games for the U23 side didn't even play for the full team 🤣

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

The Hibs recruitment on the face of it looks terrible. They were a shambles last season and they don't look to have improved with the signings they have made. I'm not convinced with Marshall either, always thought he was ropey whenever I've watched him, although probably an improvement on Macey who was all over the place. That Rocky though, wow, everytime I watched him he was all over the place. The derby at Tynecastle springs to mind, probably our second best player that day! 

Marshall is that good he has played about 4 times since the Euros and hardly played before that either

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Marshall is that good he has played about 4 times since the Euros and hardly played before that either

Yip only played due to the penalty save in Serbia. Had he played Gordon instead then I'm confident we wouldn't have seen a keeper lobbed from the half way line! 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder how many of these signings are players he actually wants. So far zilch I would reckon. If that is the case and he has any thoughts for his reputation he won’t be there for long.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I think he will be there for the league cup group stages then leave

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yip only played due to the penalty save in Serbia. Had he played Gordon instead then I'm confident we wouldn't have seen a keeper lobbed from the half way line! 

David Marshall has always be lucky in regards to Scotland caps. He has 47, which in a time of McGregor and Gordon he should never have had. But he got lucky by being fit when needed as Gordon suffered terribly with injuries and McGregor kept getting problems and falling out with Scotland.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

I think he will be there for the league cup group stages then leave

He'll get through that and after we scud them in the 1st derby he'll be sacked soon after. 

Tommy Brown

Intermission for a wee joke:

United fan: "That your dog?"
Aberdeen fan : "Yep."
United fan: "Mind if I speak to him?"
Aberdeen fan : "Dog dont talk ken." 
United fan: "Hey dog, how's it going?"
Dog: "Doin' all right."
Aberdeen fan : (Look of shock!)
United fan: "Is this Aberdeen fan your owner?" (Pointing at the Aberdeen fan
Dog: "Yep." 
United fan: "How's he treating you?"
Dog: "Real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food and takes me to the lake once a week to play."
Aberdeen fan : (Look of total disbelief)
United fan: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"
Aberdeen fan : "Horse dont talk ken."
United fan: "Hey horse, how's it going?"
Horse: "Cool."
Aberdeen fan : (Extreme look of shock!)
United fan: "Is this your owner?" (Pointing to the Aberdeen fan)
Horse: "Yep."
United fan: "How's he treating you?"
Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking, he rides me, brushes me down often and keeps me in a lean-to to protect me from the weather."
Aberdeen fan : (Look of total amazement)
United fan: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"
Aberdeen fan : "That sheeps a ****ing liar ken!!"

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Strange hunch, but utterly hilarious if it happens.

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not had time to read the thread but have Hibs signed anyone by mistake yet today?

seemingly taken up the option on James Scott, giving him a 5yr deal. unless I've been spammed

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not had time to read the thread but have Hibs signed anyone by mistake yet today?

We should put out a story that we are offering Damour a new contract and see if they try and gazump us

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***