The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )

Naisys Tackle

Riccarton3
5 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Hopefully get battered 0-0 until the 120+9th minute. Where they lose a goal to a stupid mistake. 

Frankfurt to make them run constantly in the sweltering heat. And if it's not asking too much. Injuries to Kent, Aribo and Tavernier. 

Frankfurt don't seem to be rated much.

Win in the Nou Camp with 3 goals, 5 in the League vs Leverkuson, Betis drained, West Ham home and away. Chasing a first European trophy or second since 1960. Sometimes its just time.

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• redjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it’ll be tough either way for us on Saturday, but a demoralising defeat for them could help us.

Rangers have been building themselves up for this(quite rightly) to the point though it’s starting to sound like they’ve convinced themselves it’s in the bag. 

Heads down at full time, almost a disbelief they haven’t done it, means they’ll have a job to lift themselves for Saturday.  (I’ll take any help 😄)

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I know it’ll be tough either way for us on Saturday, but a demoralising defeat for them could help us.

Rangers have been building themselves up for this(quite rightly) to the point though it’s starting to sound like they’ve convinced themselves it’s in the bag. 

Heads down at full time, almost a disbelief they haven’t done it, means they’ll have a job to lift themselves for Saturday.  (I’ll take any help 😄)

You make it sound lime it could be 3-0 at half time. People would surely then turn their minds to Saturday with any feel good factor for Rangers a distant memory...

I'm indifferent to them being in it this time round.

I remember in 2008 I was really wanting them to get pumped however.

Think it'll be a good game for the neutral. Can see a few goals being scored for both sides.

Unknown user

Last time round they parked the bus every round and scraped through to the final but it's been different this time, I am concerned they might win the thing.

HeartsandonlyHearts

What will the GFA do when UEFA bans them for next season because of the post match riots? They can’t be seen to be soft again after Manchester. Even though it was just the odd few and some Chelsea fans. 🤪

I'm not bitter. Good luck to them. I'm hoping it's worthy of the build up and it's a good game whatever way it goes.

If they win, atmosphere in first 20 from their end will be nothing we’ve seen. Huge party atmosphere and their players will get a massive lift

HeartsandonlyHearts
9 minutes ago, R1874 said:

If they win, atmosphere in first 20 from their end will be nothing we’ve seen. Huge party atmosphere and their players will get a massive lift

**** them all and the ship the sailed in on. 

Hearts1975

The way they have hyped this game up the only outcome that will suit us is a Frankfurt win. I just think it will knock the stuffing out of them prior to the weekend 

3-1 win for Frankfurt please 

Ps - Any real Hearts supporter wanting Rangers to win in Seville needs to seriously re think this.

We want them dead on their feet, physically and mentally before a ball is even kicked.

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The way they have hyped this game up the only outcome that will suit us is a Frankfurt win. I just think it will knock the stuffing out of them prior to the weekend 

Ps - Any real Hearts supporter wanting Rangers to win in Seville needs to seriously re think this.

We want them dead on their feet, physically and mentally before a ball is even kicked.

Agreed

a win for them gives fans a lift and players a free hit. They are legends and have guaranteed Champions league group football. They’ll be completely free to play

Might create complacency but think would rather they lose 

Hearts1975
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I want them to win (no tears if they don’t) Theyre not playing Hearts. Winning or losing makes no difference to us one way or the other so it’s a free choice and I’ve enjoyed their games in Europe this season and I want them to win.

The rest if you will just have to deal with it.

Them winning or losing makes a massive difference to us, bottom line 

If they win as opposed to lose they will be on such a high that an already tough tie for us just becomes that much harder 

It will be party atmosphere for them - their players will want to put on a show for the hoardes in Glasgow 

We shouldn't be wary of them but to say that if they win or lose in Seville doesn't impact how they will play against us is baffling to say the least 

Lone Striker

On a different slant ..... anyone else seething at  Reporting Glasgow tonight ?    20 minutes devoted to absolutely no newsworthy  events, just Laura Miller talking pish about how wonderful it was to have a million Rangers fans converging on Seville - interviewing random fans who could hardly string a sentence together or who had nothing of any value to say . Just c'mon ra Gers ....... wee arra peepul..... and other such meaningless bollox.   Then the obligatory "interview" with Chris McLauchlin so that he could spend 5 minutes spouting pointless waffle.

STV probably did the same.

If Hearts or any other non-OF team ever get to a Euro final, they'd surely do the same extreme coverage of fans bevvying in the sunshine.... wouldn't they ?  :whistling:

:facepalm:

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

On a different slant ..... anyone else seething at  Reporting Glasgow tonight ?    20 minutes devoted to absolutely no newsworthy  events, just Laura Miller talking pish about how wonderful it was to have a million Rangers fans converging on Seville - interviewing random fans who could hardly string a sentence together or who had nothing of any value to say . Just c'mon ra Gers ....... wee arra peepul..... and other such meaningless bollox.   Then the obligatory "interview" with Chris McLauchlin so that he could spend 5 minutes spouting pointless waffle.

STV probably did the same.

If Hearts or any other non-OF team ever get to a Euro final, they'd surely do the same extreme coverage of fans bevvying in the sunshine.... wouldn't they ?  :whistling:

:facepalm:

Laura Miller. Seething, no. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Them winning or losing makes a massive difference to us, bottom line 

If they win as opposed to lose they will be on such a high that an already tough tie for us just becomes that much harder 

It will be party atmosphere for them - their players will want to put on a show for the hoardes in Glasgow 

We shouldn't be wary of them but to say that if they win or lose in Seville doesn't impact how they will play against us is baffling to say the least 

You really think a team of elite professional athletes will fall apart mentally if they lose or become the Harlem Globetrotters if they win ?

Christ I hope that’s not in any team talk because it’d be laughed out the dressing room.

Win or lose, it’s the same good team we are playing, man for man a better team than us (apart from one man)To beat a better team you have to want it more than them to start with and that’s a tall order because win ir lose tomorrow they will want it. Then things have to go for you. Things like luck and working till you bleed and energy levels and refereeing decisions. Even things like the fans being raucous and loud can help us.

Winning or losing tomorrow IMO has no impact. Them getting a hard game in heat might well have an impact on their levels, but come 3pm Saturday they’ll be out there desperate to win and believing they can win. We’ll be the same. I have no doubt we’ll be the same. It will be time to stand up and win the battles. Come kick off time it won’t matter a damn to them psychologically that they either have or don’t have a European trophy in the cabinet. It simply doesn’t matter and your deluded, desperate and clutching at straws if you believe it does matter.

For what it’s worth I think they will win tomorrow and lose on Saturday (aet)

Edited by JimmyCant

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Laura Miller. Seething, no. 

Agreed.  She was the  only  visual aspect to evade the seethe 😎 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

A defeat might make them more hungry to beat us though 

surely a win on penalties is best as they will be busy partying after the game 

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

You really think a team of elite professional athletes will fall apart mentally if they lose or become the Harlem Globetrotters if they win ?

Christ I hope that’s not in any team talk because it’d be laughed out the dressing room.

Win or lose, it’s the same good team we are playing, man for man a better team than us (apart from one man)To beat a better team you have to want it more than them to start with and that’s a tall order because win ir lose tomorrow they will want it. Then things have to go for you. Things like luck and working till you bleed and energy levels and refereeing decisions. Even things like the fans being raucous and loud can help us.

Winning or losing tomorrow IMO has no impact. Them getting a hard game in heat might well have an impact on their levels, but come 3pm Saturday they’ll be out there desperate to win and believing they can win. We’ll be the same. I have no doubt we’ll be the same. It will be time to stand up and win the battles. Come kick off time it won’t matter a damn to them psychologically that they either have or don’t have a European trophy in the cabinet. It simply doesn’t matter and your deluded, desperate and clutching at straws if you believe it does matter

I don't think I'm deluded. Far from it. 

Are you seriously trying to tell me that after winning a European cup final that they won't go to Hampden with adrenalin coursing through their veins. 

It will be a carnival atmosphere and they will want to go out in their home city with a bow 

They have hyped up this game to the point that they probably haven't even thought about the SCF 

I genuinely believe that they believe that they are going to win it. So much so that if they return defeated I think it will be too much for them to bear (pardon the pun) 

Man for man they are better than us and I don't know about you, but for me it's all about advantages and I won't accept that if they win the thing it won't disadvantage us - I know we will give it everything regardless of what happens with their Seville venture, but the adrenalin shot they would get from winning the thing alone doesn't hold any value for me at all 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don't think I'm deluded. Far from it. 

Are you seriously trying to tell me that after winning a European cup final that they won't go to Hampden with adrenalin coursing through their veins. 

It will be a carnival atmosphere and they will want to go out in their home city with a bow 

They have hyped up this game to the point that they probably haven't even thought about the SCF 

I genuinely believe that they believe that they are going to win it. So much so that if they return defeated I think it will be too much for them to bear (pardon the pun) 

Man for man they are better than us and I don't know about you, but for me it's all about advantages and I won't accept that if they win the thing it won't disadvantage us - I know we will give it everything regardless of what happens with their Seville venture, but the adrenalin shot they would get from winning the thing alone doesn't hold any value for me at all 

It really is this simple. If they win one trophy they will want and believe they can get 2. If they don’t win it, you can bet your arse they will be doubly determined and believe they can win the SC, for their fans if nothing else.

Hearts1975
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

A defeat might make them more hungry to beat us though 

surely a win on penalties is best as they will be busy partying after the game 

A defeat will put them on the deck plain and simple. It's too big a deal for them for it not to have a negative impact. 

They have put all their eggs in the one basket and hopefully they bring them back home crushed. 

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It really is this simple. If they win one trophy they will want and believe they can get 2. If they don’t win it, you can bet your arse they will be doubly determined and believe they can win the SC, for their fans if nothing else.

Fair enough but I'm not deliberately trying to provoke. 

Out if the 2 scenarios I genuinely believe it's best for us if they lose, especially after ET and/or Penalties 

We need to get after them from the get go. We need every bit of blood and sweat left on that pitch. 

I believe we can do it but we need to raise our game for this one, big time 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Out if the 2 scenarios I genuinely believe it's best for us if they lose, especially after ET and/or Penalties 

We need to get after them from the get go. We need every bit of blood and sweat left on that pitch. 

Hey no problem here. Its actually a good speculative debate to which we won’t ever really know the answer. Safe to say we’ll take and will need every advantage we can get and if your right and a defeat deflates them, even a bit, then we’ll take it. 

I think we’ll get after them for the first 10 minutes to leave them in no doubt the other 80 minutes are going to be hard. If we don’t score early (and I think we’ll try) we’ll sit in a bit and try to be in the game at 60 minutes and bring on a bit of pace.

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You really think a team of elite professional athletes will fall apart mentally if they lose?

It happened to us.

In the space of 4 days, Rangers are in the final of two tournaments they have never won.

What could go wrong?

Fitzroy Pointon

Not going to wish them good luck but I think they will win tonight. 

Independence
10 hours ago, best in the land said:

Extra time defeat with loads of injuries please.

Then a win for us on Saturday 👍

This.

joondalupjambo

Live pictues this morning, 9.00am Seville time and Rangers fans in outside bar drinking.  What could possibly go wrong :rolleyes2:

Not saying that Hearts fans would not do it but the sheer numbers of these guys over there, the heat and the booze combined will result in who knows what.

Answers on a post card please to :- Chief of Police, Sevilla Police HQ.

BBC Radio Rangers this morning.

Unbelievably they are all super confident, their tears tomorrow will be all the sweeter.

Jambos_1874

**** Rangers. They are an absolutely obscenity and a stain on Scotland and Scottish football. I wish them the worst of luck and hope they get hammered tonight, followed by us beating them on Saturday.

A_A wehatethehibs

Irrespective of who wins, think we should all take a minute to acknowledge how ****ing stupid it is to host a final at a 42000 capacity stadium for a game that could comfortably sell out double that. It’s not even the biggest stadium in Seville ffs… is there some clause that if you win the Europa, you get to host the final in your home stadium or something? 

Riccarton3
8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

You are on the money. Some have compromised their arguments really by already stating they want Rangers to win beyond any notion that it benefits Hearts

Bindy Badgy
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Irrespective of who wins, think we should all take a minute to acknowledge how ****ing stupid it is to host a final at a 42000 capacity stadium for a game that could comfortably sell out double that. It’s not even the biggest stadium in Seville ffs… is there some clause that if you win the Europa, you get to host the final in your home stadium or something? 

The Europa Conference League final is being played in a 22,500 capacity stadium. The finalists have stadiums with capacities of 70,000 (Roma) and 51,000 (Feyenoord).

Looks like I'm watching this tonight in some fine establishment down Leith that'll be riddled with Der Hun. I will take some satisfaction however, when Eintracht stick it right up them. :jjyay: 

awadooningorgie2
11 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Not to mention the financial implications of them not picking up £50 million......

been here before
7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will we be doing a guard of honour at tynecastle on Saturday/ if the ofcourse 

Honk.

Bindy Badgy
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just done a bit of digging on this. According to Wikipedia, only two bids were received. The other bid was for a 52,000 capacity stadium in Tbilisi. When you consider the bids received, travel time and current political situation the stadium UEFA went with might be the least worst option.

This, of course, raises questions about why bids weren't received from teams with more appropriate stadiums.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

Shooter McGavin

**** Rangers, hope they get hammered, and then we hammer them on Saturday.

Only benefit that would come out of them winning today would be the delicious tears from Celtic fans who’d work themselves into a frenzy trying to downplay it, or make it about themselves and their “historic and monumental” league win.

Shooter McGavin

All week I’ve been seeing Celtic fans trying to make it about themselves, when really nobody gives a **** about their league win and the media only care about the other arse cheek for this European final.

I’d like to think this all suits us for the final on Saturday and has allowed us to go about our business in a more “under the radar” fashion.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bindy Badgy said:

Just done a bit of digging on this. According to Wikipedia, only two bids were received. The other bid was for a 52,000 capacity stadium in Tbilisi. When you consider the bids received, travel time and current political situation the stadium UEFA went with might be the least worst option.

Ahhhh so you have to “bid” in other words it’s all about brown envelopes, hence why none of the big stadiums are interested. 

Bet you there’ll be a bunch of empty seats in there from sponsors who aren’t bothered as well. Meanwhile fans will be sat outside stadium watching it on iPhones. UEFA is such a tin pot corrupt shop. 

These conference finals at 20k stadiums in the middle of nowhere needs looked at surely. Even Hearts would probably take 25k if we got to

the final of that, let alone ****ing Roma vs Feyenord. Why haven’t the SRU bid for some of these, 70k seat stadium sat empty. Be class for Edinburgh to host one of these