22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )

Sertse

15 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have an 85/86 strip and would like to wear to the final but you know someone is going to start a lot of nonsense if we lose.

Personally the Scottish Cup win v Rangers ended the pain of 86.

A previous well known member of Kickback Buffalo Bill sourced out that top so he could wear it to the 2006 Cup Final, his aim was to lay the so called ghosts of 86 to rest by watching Hearts beat Gretna in the cup final.... just and I'm led to believe he was sweating buckets (weren't we all) at the penalty kick stage. 

I know for a fact if we had been beaten that day it was not down to the players performing it would have been solely down to the top. 😄

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• tian447

• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Not the best game and a stalemate written all over it, Aberdeen were a very good side.

-t2vvb4.jpg

Screenshot_20220429-141833_Gallery.jpg

I was at that game. That was the day I first believed we were going to win the league. Beating Aberdeen at Pittodrie was a massive result back then. 

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

There seemed to be a fair few fans that had that type of crest on the shirt, my original from 83 has the embroidered one but the majority of tops I've seen on ebay etc have the felt/adhesive crest. 

Screenshot_20220429-140337_Twitter.jpg

20220429_140319.jpg

Iirc, I bought mine in a sports shop in Leith Walk. Like the team I wore it at Dens and Hampden.

A Rangers fan I knew at the time loved it so much he bought one, too.

wentworth jambo
23 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I was at that game. That was the day I first believed we were going to win the league. Beating Aberdeen at Pittodrie was a massive result back then. 

We had a few great wins around the end of 85 / start of 86....2-0 at Ibrox, routine New Years Day drubbing against Lochend, that Pittodrie result and then the Huns again in the Cup

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Iirc, I bought mine in a sports shop in Leith Walk. Like the team I wore it at Dens and Hampden.

A Rangers fan I knew at the time loved it so much he bought one, too.

Leith Athletics? Does anyone remember we played Clydebank away in the cup and for some reason they sold the tickets from that sports shop at the bottom of Leith Walk or has my brain gone to mush?

10 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Leith Athletics? Does anyone remember we played Clydebank away in the cup and for some reason they sold the tickets from that sports shop at the bottom of Leith Walk or has my brain gone to mush?

It was Leith Athletics. Somewhere between Balfour and Jane Street, iirc.

On 28/04/2022 at 17:12, dannymack said:

Don't forget Heart of Midlothian won the Scottish Cup wearing light blue so there is a relevance to the colour. 

On the rest of your points 👌🏻👍

Correct as usual!
I think light/sky blue works well with maroon and is a natural colour for a Hearts away shirt.

In fact, I’d like to see sky blue feature in our maroon jersey. Maroon needs to predominate of course but maybe something akin to this season’s West Ham’s shirt.

Or if not on the shirt, sky blue on the socks (think Colin Bell’s Man City late ‘60s).

Unknown user
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

There seemed to be a fair few fans that had that type of crest on the shirt, my original from 83 has the embroidered one but the majority of tops I've seen on ebay etc have the felt/adhesive crest. 

20220429_140319.jpg

Yeah that's the one I had with the weird narrow badge and black line between the H and the M

5 hours ago, bigdav said:

Used to get my Scotland tickets from there.

11 hours ago, dannymack said:

65, 68 & 76 previously 😔

65, 68 & 76 not a patch on 1986!

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, dannymack said:

Who cares ? Quite a number of folk on here including yourself whether the opinion is they like it or not, it's being discussed.

I simply pointed out to you that the top pictured is from 1983/84 season and not from 2 seasons later. 

It’s probably one of the worst out of all these away tops, you can buy it already, there’s loads in the shop funnily enough 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?
No matter what sponsor or year it’s from its forever tainted, it’s not that popular and it won’t ever be our away strip ever again. Get over it 👍🏽

A7DE1F8F-B52E-4630-B6D6-FD01C51BEBCE.jpeg

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Correct as usual!
I think light/sky blue works well with maroon and is a natural colour for a Hearts away shirt.

In fact, I’d like to see sky blue feature in our maroon jersey. Maroon needs to predominate of course but maybe something akin to this season’s West Ham’s shirt.

Or if not on the shirt, sky blue on the socks (think Colin Bell’s Man City late ‘60s).

We’re not West Ham, Aston Villa or Burnley, there’s no light blue in our badge. 
I don’t mind a blue away strip but it shouldn’t really be anywhere near our home strip. 

been here before
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t mind a blue away strip but it shouldn’t really be anywhere near our home strip. 

:facepalm:

erskinehearts
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s probably one of the worst out of all these away tops, you can buy it already, there’s loads in the shop funnily enough 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?
No matter what sponsor or year it’s from its forever tainted, it’s not that popular and it won’t ever be our away strip ever again. Get over it 👍🏽

something like 77/82 would do for me 

been here before
44 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Something like that in silver 👌👌

Not allowed silver.

Grown men who cant get over a game almost 40 years ago say so.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

something like 77/82 would do for me 

There’s lots of great tops there that can be replicated either as a strip or just one of the monthly offerings. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, been here before said:

:facepalm:

I’m not sure what you call light blue but a Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 flag isn’t it 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Something like that in silver 👌👌

That would be fine 👍🏽

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

🤔🤷🏾‍♂️ 👍🏽

That 86/87 Bukta Mita away top is my all time favourite ✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻💦💦💦

Every close season the past 5 years, I hope that's what we will get, so I can throw back to when I was 8/9 yrs old (and slim, and with hair, though not grown much in height since then). If we brought that top out I'd be straight onto a major diet and gym sessions so I could look 1/2 decent floating about as a mid 40yr old in a footy top!! 

Broxburn Jambo
20 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

My very thought's, I remember coming out walking down to the buses and saying to my Son '' I think we might do this'' It was so close but what a journey

been here before
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

St Andrews Cross- official colour Pantone 300 or if you need it explained, as evidently you do:

"It is to be Pantone 300 - which may not mean very much to the public at large - but which to flag aficionados is vital. Pantone 300 is azure, or sky-blue".

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/parliament-set-standard-colour-saltire-2471184

As the saying goes its not often you're right...

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great picture that.

Far too much blue has crept into our away strips the last 15 or so years. I did love the Ajax style 08/09 one though.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Every close season the past 5 years, I hope that's what we will get, so I can throw back to when I was 8/9 yrs old (and slim, and with hair, though not grown much in height since then). If we brought that top out I'd be straight onto a major diet and gym sessions so I could look 1/2 decent floating about as a mid 40yr old in a footy top!! 

Some great memories induced by seeing those strips, yeah a health kick to fit in to the strips better wouldn’t do all of us any harm 😆👍🏽

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Great picture that.

Far too much blue has crept into our away strips the last 15 or so years. I did love the Ajax style 08/09 one though.

Yeah we’ve had some crackers, still think

moving forward the FoH should have some input into a third kit. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, been here before said:

St Andrews Cross- official colour Pantone 300 or if you need it explained, as evidently you do:

"It is to be Pantone 300 - which may not mean very much to the public at large - but which to flag aficionados is vital. Pantone 300 is azure, or sky-blue".

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/parliament-set-standard-colour-saltire-2471184

As the saying goes its not often you're right...

I don’t think we’ve ever had a strip with that blue in it. 

6D1C2824-D0EF-4323-9547-2B44A047D71F.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah we’ve had some crackers, still think

moving forward the FoH should have some input into a third kit. 

100%. I actually think a portion of the FoH money should be for FoH discretion e.g. specific stadium enhancements etc. but that's another debate, however yeah, things like input into strips/third kits should have large input from FoH, agreed.

Diadora Van Basten
23 hours ago, dannymack said:

20220429_140319.jpg

I remember at the time I had an embroidered badge whilst a lot of my friends had stickers.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The white Strongbow shirts look incredibly sad:

: (

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The saltire's sky blue mate

Remember when we got the chance to vote which strip we’d prefer for 05/06 season. Both home and away traditional colours and simple👌

734B9565-F7E3-427B-85A6-F3DE2A946C9D.jpeg

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, martoon said:

The white Strongbow shirts look incredibly sad:

: (

Yeah good spot ☹️

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The saltire's sky blue mate

52 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Desperate to be right. :rofl:

Not really, apart from the strip I just put on we haven’t had that blue that’s in the badge. 

Victor Meldrew
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The 1987-88 home and away strips are probably my favourites - nice simple design with a really good, deep shade of maroon. Think we finished second that year with a win late in the season at Ibrox. Cup Semi at Hampden was a sickener though.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

The 1987-88 home and away strips are probably my favourites - nice simple design with a really good, deep shade of maroon. Think we finished second that year with a win late in the season at Ibrox. Cup Semi at Hampden was a sickener though.

Lovely strips 

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

BwrIa36CMAES4sa.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.2e6c9ab1b97bbeef68258e9d36d385b5.jpg

universitario-90th-anniversary-away-e.thumb.jpg.6f61c7af0efabb71498569e08ea5e726.jpg

Could be similar.

I think that's the third time I've seen a very similar style kit being posted, wondering if this will be the template. Very very smart.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Fraggle said:

:tlj:

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Fraggle said:

Apologies, fitbaw tap! 

👍 

None of that Kevin Thomson nonsense on here. 😉 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

👍

None of that Kevin Thomson nonsense on here. 😉 

😔... Yes sir. 

🤣👍🏻

PortyBeach
On 30/04/2022 at 02:16, Pasquale for King said:

But it’s not about any other clubs. I just happen to think sky blue would add a vibrancy to the Hearts kit.

As for an away top, how about the original “MFBC” shirt? Might be a good shout for the club’s 150th birthday?

BB387BA2-ABD4-4CC9-B7A6-42F02CA9CF26.png

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

But it’s not about any other clubs. I just happen to think sky blue would add a vibrancy to the Hearts kit.

As for an away top, how about the original “MFBC” shirt? Might be a good shout for the club’s 150th birthday?

Aye, I'm sure a red, white and blue away shirt would be extremely popular right enough.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

****ing hell. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I think a splash of light blue would make folk think we just had a knock off strip from on of those clubs. 
Not that keen on anything red white n blue either tbh. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )