22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )

Sertse

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, dannymack said:

So 1964/65 wasn't as painful as 85/86 ? 

Maybe it was because the 10 years previous saw Hearts win a fair few trophies which eased the pain for some, however I know a few fans whose young hearts were broken that day,1 goal was all that was needed despite being 0-2 down where as 85/86 we needed a draw or a win. 

Final days of 64/65, 85/86 and I'm sure you can throw in 58/59 season in the mixer too for heartache in my opinion have very similar trates, as I say fans who are old enough want to dismiss this fine Umbro kit because of 85/86 have very selective memories.

Depends if you were there I suppose. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• tian447

• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chizmeister
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure why anyone would want us to have a strip that’s associated with 1986, each to their own though. 

Its a colour, we didn't lose the games because of a colour, we could just as easy be wearing maroon for the two fixtures with the same result, we lost because our opposition scored more goals than us and St liedown did what they did. Our worst result in history arguably against Brora we wore one of the recent hideous blue efforts yet the following season we were subjected to another sky blue monstrosity. Just don't get the hatred a d people throwing mud at a beautiful hearts away strip

7 hours ago, dannymack said:

So 1964/65 wasn't as painful as 85/86 ? 

Maybe it was because the 10 years previous saw Hearts win a fair few trophies which eased the pain for some, however I know a few fans whose young hearts were broken that day,1 goal was all that was needed despite being 0-2 down where as 85/86 we needed a draw or a win. 

Final days of 64/65, 85/86 and I'm sure you can throw in 58/59 season in the mixer too for heartache in my opinion have very similar trates, as I say fans who are old enough want to dismiss this fine Umbro kit because of 85/86 have very selective memories.

I was only 10 and was in tears when we lost the league to Killie in 65, however leaving the ground my dad said “Don’t worry we’ll win it next year” - little did he know we were about to hit a slump! 
For the next 20 years it was a hard shift following Hearts, and my “selective memory” recalls lost cup finals and relegations, so when we were on the cusp of a league and cup double only to blow it, the pain was too hard to bear.

To this day I will not watch any TV footage of that match at Dens or the cup final the following week!

Any time I see that silver strip it takes me back to the crushing disappointment of that season.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Its a colour, we didn't lose the games because of a colour, we could just as easy be wearing maroon for the two fixtures with the same result, we lost because our opposition scored more goals than us and St liedown did what they did. Our worst result in history arguably against Brora we wore one of the recent hideous blue efforts yet the following season we were subjected to another sky blue monstrosity. Just don't get the hatred a d people throwing mud at a beautiful hearts away strip

I’m fully aware we didn’t lose because of the strip, but it will be forever linked with those two horrendous results in my and thousands of others minds I’m afraid, no matter what anyone says about it. 
As for beautiful it’s not even in the top ten away strips imo. 
Strangely enough I pulled this out to walk the dogs today 😜

8029B638-1864-4B92-901A-5978F05A177A.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

21 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Nobody said we lost the league and cup double due to the strip! What those of us who were at Dens and Hampden are saying is that silver strip reminds us of the biggest crushing disappointment our generation of Hearts fans had to suffer!

Losing to Brora in an early round of the cup was an embarrassment however I was over it in a couple of weeks.

As for your comment “you don’t get the hatred and people throwing mud at a beautiful strip” with respect you don’t get the scars inflicted on Hearts fans who lived through the conclusion of the 85/86 season.

Chizmeister
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nobody said we lost the league and cup double due to the strip! What those of us who were at Dens and Hampden are saying is that silver strip reminds us of the biggest crushing disappointment our generation of Hearts fans had to suffer!

Losing to Brora in an early round of the cup was an embarrassment however I was over it in a couple of weeks.

As for your comment “you don’t get the hatred and people throwing mud at a beautiful strip” with respect you don’t get the scars inflicted on Hearts fans who lived through the conclusion of the 85/86 season.

Indeed I do get the scars as I 

lived through it, i just don't link dissapoiment and dejection to a kit that happens to be silver and a kit rated very highly by many fellow supporters, a modern retake on it could be the dogs bollocks imp but kits are subjective and everyone has their own ideas on what they like, does seem the majority want a move away from the sky blue efforts of late

Aussie Jambo
On 27/04/2022 at 23:02, dannymack said:

100% agree, great kit worn for the first time at Pittodrie in 1983... 

As said before the Hearts fans who wish to throw mud at this kit because of 85/86 may well want to throw mud at the Maroon home top of 64/65, 1968 and 1976

Screenshot_20211105-083644_Chrome.jpg

FB_IMG_1605212540154.jpg

0_JS88482669-2.jpg

Walter Kidd in action for Heart of Midlothian during the match against Dundee at Dens Park in Dundee, 3rd May 1986_ (Photo by Bob Thomas_Getty Images).jpeg

1976627.main_image.jpg

Aberdeen-versus-Hearts-Premier-League-football.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-095953_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211105-083744_Chrome.jpg

gettyimages-1627216-612x612 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20211105-081008_Chrome.jpg

913472-1-1024x754.jpg

gettyimages-89115530-1024x1024.jpg

5662e1881d3dda475b2c2b37904cf3c9.jpg

02_Untitled-6copy_rdax_80.jpg

20180205_233751.jpg

IMG_20181215_233314.jpg

Love this top. I was at Dens Park & Hampden 85/85. Agree it’s still my favourite away top. I have no malice to the top. Looked amazing. Bring back a silver or even a metallic gold top. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well said 👍🏽👏🏾

12 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Indeed I do get the scars as I 

lived through it, i just don't link dissapoiment and dejection to a kit that happens to be silver and a kit rated very highly by many fellow supporters, a modern retake on it could be the dogs bollocks imp but kits are subjective and everyone has their own ideas on what they like, does seem the majority want a move away from the sky blue efforts of late

We all deal with disappointment differently and my feelings are I never want to see Hearts in that silver strip again, but I respect your opinion if you think differently.

For the record I hate that blue strip - it’s just not Hearts!

12 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Love this top. I was at Dens Park & Hampden 85/85. Agree it’s still my favourite away top. I have no malice to the top. Looked amazing. Bring back a silver or even a metallic gold top. 

This is my favourite away strip of all time - for obvious reasons!

8A29553C-F812-4A0C-BC73-1E5C205C0572.jpeg

On 22/04/2022 at 15:47, TheBigO said:

9F2908B1-79FF-4DE1-A884-61115EB9B904.jpeg.427b114d5f6abba8b3d924cab3ef1b75.jpeg

In early.  This year's the year.

This would suit me down to the ground. XXXL please.

Unknown user
22 hours ago, Chizmeister said:

The silver kit wasn't the reason we didn't win in 86 though, why the hate, sound like you're having a nam flashback, you weren't there man, entering a world of pain man

It isn't personal, no one's blaming the strip, I just never want to see the fecker again!

Percival King
1 hour ago, Chizmeister said:

Each to their own but that day at Dens Park was by a distance my worst as a Hearts supporter, miles worse than what happened at Brora. There's a difference between our worst result and our most disappointing result. That was probably my one and only chance to see us become league champions, why would I want to be reminded of that?  It was a beautiful strip but whenever I see it, it just reminds me of that day and cup final the following week. It's a pity, but I'd happily never see that strip ever again.....and I saw folk at the recent semi wearing it.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure why anyone would want us to have a strip that’s associated with 1986, each to their own though. 

That top is from 1983/84 not 1985/86. 

Screenshot_20211102-090912_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-090930_Chrome.jpg

Edited by dannymack

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends if you were there I suppose. 

Of course but surely losing out on winning the title on a fraction with goal average as opposed to 3 goals with goal difference is more heartbreaking ? 

I was there in 85/86 and the scar of the 3rd May is still there BUT I fondly look back on that season as opposed to burying it away in the back of my memory bank. 

If you think those 2 last days are horrible have a look at 1958/59 ! That last day could have, with hindsight, saw Hearts win the league 3 years in a row. 

3 hours ago, Chizmeister said:

Don't forget Heart of Midlothian won the Scottish Cup wearing light blue so there is a relevance to the colour. 

On the rest of your points 👌🏻👍

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I was only 10 and was in tears when we lost the league to Killie in 65, however leaving the ground my dad said “Don’t worry we’ll win it next year” - little did he know we were about to hit a slump! 
For the next 20 years it was a hard shift following Hearts, and my “selective memory” recalls lost cup finals and relegations, so when we were on the cusp of a league and cup double only to blow it, the pain was too hard to bear.

To this day I will not watch any TV footage of that match at Dens or the cup final the following week!

Any time I see that silver strip it takes me back to the crushing disappointment of that season.

Hopefully you still get my point on the maroon top and our failed attempts to win silverware. 

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

This is my favourite away strip of all time - for obvious reasons!

8A29553C-F812-4A0C-BC73-1E5C205C0572.jpeg

My favourite away kit 

nintchdbpict000000162224.jpg

craig levein 1.jpg

FB_IMG_1475014607362.jpg

Edited by dannymack

Салатные палочки
30 minutes ago, dannymack said:

My favourite away kit 

craig levein 1.jpg

FB_IMG_1475014607362.jpg

Absolutely in my top one. A beauty of a shirt. 

45 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Hopefully you still get my point on the maroon top and our failed attempts to win silverware. 

The maroon top is non negotiable win lose or draw! ❤️

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

My favourite away kit 

craig levein 1.jpg

FB_IMG_1475014607362.jpg

The glory days with Asics. Liked their home too and obviously the inter Milan away

On 27/04/2022 at 11:30, The Treasurer said:

Take the candy stripes off the home kit and put them on the away kit (in maroon obviously) 😁 and we have a winner 

Agreed!

8 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Another great away kit 

Screenshot_20220428-193935_Gallery.jpg

You’re doing a great job of proving the point that all out best away strips have been white ones. 

The Future's Maroon
On 27/04/2022 at 12:06, Swanny17 said:

Those screaming for a silver strip - they may look good on fans, but I honestly do not believe it's great for playing in as it can make it harder for players to see each other as they blend in with the background.  I remember Man U having this issue against Southampton many moons ago.

Aye I remember that, I bought the grey Man Utd one only for fergie to ditch it at half time or something like that!

7 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Great photos

Aussie Jambo

What colours have we had?

Home -Always Maroon apart from at the start we were White & then Red/White/Blue. Story went that it was washed and strip went maroon? We then kept that colour. 

Away - White,, Yellow/Pink, Light Blue, Dark Blue/Black, Grey, Dark Blue, White/Blue, White/Maroon, Black, White/Light Blue, 

Any others as I cant think of any?

So we’ve always had these colours since the start. No point changing now. 

But id really like to see an alternate 3rd strip. 

Gold & Black 50/50 on a angle. 

4B951D65-2F51-4998-872D-EE2CE744DCEA.jpeg

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

That top is from 1983/84 not 1985/86. 

Screenshot_20211102-090912_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211102-090930_Chrome.jpg

Who cares, it’s shit, it’s not coming back. 

Diadora Van Basten

I have an 85/86 strip and would like to wear to the final but you know someone is going to start a lot of nonsense if we lose.

Personally the Scottish Cup win v Rangers ended the pain of 86.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Chizmeister said:

Personally quite liked this effort, white with silver is something we could further explore

img_5381.jpg

s-l400.jpg.7b483cd8c3b28bb4d9b4b8930f2ffef8.jpg

44 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have an 85/86 strip and would like to wear to the final but you know someone is going to start a lot of nonsense if we lose.

Personally the Scottish Cup win v Rangers ended the pain of 86.

Wear it if you want - nobody on here has suggested wearing that silver strip cost us the match! 
Winning the cup in 1998 was fantastic but the memories of 1986 still hurts.

Edited by Thomaso

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

You’re doing a great job of proving the point that all out best away strips have been white ones. 

👏

No Idle Talk

When I see pictures of that silver top I feel very conflicted. I like the strip. It also reminds me of going home & away with my dad every week. I'm not sure we missed a single game in the 85/86 season. So there are so many cherished memories there. But it does, and always will, remind me of that day at Dens Park. The scar that will never heal. 

I loved the silver shirt when it came out. I spent my 15th birthday money on it and waited until Christmas '83 to get the home.

I still preferred the silver shirt.

It had a proper, stitched crest rather than the foam thing on the maroon shirt.

I understand why some can't disassociate it with Dens, I struggle myself, but from 1983 to 2/5/86 it was the dug's whatsitsnames.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

I loved the silver shirt when it came out. I spent my 15th birthday money on it and waited until Christmas '83 to get the home.

I understand why some can't disassociate it with Dens, I struggle myself, but from 1983 to 2/5/86 it was the dug's whatsitsnames.

Funny that, my home was a stitched badge and the silver was the foam thing with a very displeasing black vertical line between the h and the m

Really like the silver away one from the 86 season, would like to see this strip replicated for our away strip next season, plus I've never really seen hearts play in silver before, hopefully we can have a season like that one in 86, but obviously 1 point better off next season.

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who cares, it’s shit, it’s not coming back. 

Who cares ? Quite a number of folk on here including yourself whether the opinion is they like it or not, it's being discussed.

I simply pointed out to you that the top pictured is from 1983/84 season and not from 2 seasons later. 

12 hours ago, martoon said:

There seemed to be a fair few fans that had that type of crest on the shirt, my original from 83 has the embroidered one but the majority of tops I've seen on ebay etc have the felt/adhesive crest. 

Screenshot_20220429-140337_Twitter.jpg

20220429_140319.jpg

Edited by dannymack

On 27/04/2022 at 15:55, Salad Fingers said:

I personally wish we would get the sky blue TF. Screenshot_20220427-155352_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9c47daf8f0c6f587b83d8d34ad95ac75.jpg

Me too and I do not know why it started to be a thing or who is so desperate to keep trotting it out as though it is our colours

14 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Wear it if you want - nobody on here has suggested wearing that silver strip cost us the match! 
Winning the cup in 1998 was fantastic but the memories of 1986 still hurts.

65, 68 & 76 previously 😔

13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

When I see pictures of that silver top I feel very conflicted. I like the strip. It also reminds me of going home & away with my dad every week. I'm not sure we missed a single game in the 85/86 season. So there are so many cherished memories there. But it does, and always will, remind me of that day at Dens Park. The scar that will never heal. 

Not the best game and a stalemate written all over it, Aberdeen were a very good side.

-t2vvb4.jpg

Screenshot_20220429-141833_Gallery.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me too and I do not know why it started to be a thing or who is so desperate to keep trotting it out as though it is our colours

Hearts won the Scottish Cup wearing light blue.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I assume you are not meaning the Wonga sponsor

😆  I know, they didn't half get the marketing correct on that one... WONGA BLUE 😎

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )