22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )

Sertse

28 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

But it’s not about any other clubs. I just happen to think sky blue would add a vibrancy to the Hearts kit.

As for an away top, how about the original “MFBC” shirt? Might be a good shout for the club’s 150th birthday?

BB387BA2-ABD4-4CC9-B7A6-42F02CA9CF26.png

That would be great for the Rangers sympathisers in our support because of the colours and great for the Celtic sympathisers because of the hoops. 

Brilliant. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• tian447

• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

That would be great for the Rangers sympathisers in our support because of the colours and great for the Celtic sympathisers because of the hoops. 

Brilliant. 

Even more brilliant if the colour scheme continued onto the shorts & socks. It would look like 10 sticks of rock running about.

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

But it’s not about any other clubs. I just happen to think sky blue would add a vibrancy to the Hearts kit.

As for an away top, how about the original “MFBC” shirt? Might be a good shout for the club’s 150th birthday?

The people with a complex about Rangers will see their heads exploding.  

Edited by Debut 4

dannymack
3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Brilliant. 

Always Rangers 😮💨 it's getting very tedious and tiresome that anything and everything that's Red white and blue is automatically linked with Rangers. 

That MFBC kit was used way before Rangers introduced red to their club attire, in fact I'm sure Rangers were more Royal Blue, White and Black for the majority of their history. 

Edited by dannymack

49 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Always Rangers 😮💨 it's getting very tedious and tiresome that anything and everything that's Red white and blue is automatically linked with Rangers. 

That MFBC kit was used way before Rangers introduced red to their club attire, in fact I'm sure Rangers were more Royal Blue, White and Black for the majority of their history. 

Relax. I said it's also very Celtic with the hoops; Hail Hail the Hearts are here.

Ying and Yang. 

dannymack
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Relax. I said it's also very Celtic with the hoops; Hail Hail the Hearts are here.

Ying and Yang. 

A song that has been sung by not only Hearts fans but other clubs throughout Great Britain too. 

Anyone needing to relax it's you with your needless reference to Glasgow Rangers and the red white and blue. 

Yang and Ying

Back when I was a boy we used to sing hail hail when rangers visited and hullo hullo when celtic visited.

Oh those mixed messages days.

😁

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

A song that has been sung by not only Hearts fans but other clubs throughout Great Britain too. 

Anyone needing to relax it's you with your needless reference to Glasgow Rangers and the red white and blue. 

Yang and Ying

Correct. It was even on an officially licensed and produced Hearts music cd. 

We've plenty of fans that prefer to wave red, white and blue as well but as sing songs usually heard at Ibrox unfortunately. Look at the recent semi final for evidence of that. 

dannymack
8 hours ago, Ked said:

Back when I was a boy we used to sing hail hail when rangers visited and hullo hullo when celtic visited.

Oh those mixed messages days.

😁

As usual though that lot hijack the 'Hail Hail' phrase and song and claim it as their own, unfortunately its now associated with them indefinitely and I dont think you'll ever hear it being sung by anyone else now apart from the fans within the Brotherhood of Erin. 

Side B of the 1986 Cup Final song, it's on there too.

" It's enough to make yer heart go No Surrender " 

Edited by dannymack

Armageddon
On 22/04/2022 at 17:12, Smoked-Glass said:

I quite like 2000/01 strip.  Light maroon

I'll have a tenner at those odds....

18 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Heart_of_Midlothian/Heart_of_Midlothian.htm

Could use the original 1873 strip although not sure if the players would fancy the long trousers😀.

Personally would go for the 1877 strip, our first maroon one and obviously created from the red white and blue 1876 strip that has an accident in the wash - anyone confirm this?

PortyBeach
39 minutes ago, happyjam said:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Heart_of_Midlothian/Heart_of_Midlothian.htm

Could use the original 1873 strip although not sure if the players would fancy the long trousers😀.

Personally would go for the 1877 strip, our first maroon one and obviously created from the red white and blue 1876 strip that has an accident in the wash - anyone confirm this?

Yeah - I don’t think the long breeks would be popular 😆!

Albert Mackie’s 1959 book, “The Hearts”, states that “maroon was the colour worn by St Andrew (FC)…Hearts’ was red, white, and blue” (p.26).

Hearts “merged” with the St Andrew club and persuaded their new colleagues to adopt the name “Heart of Midlothian”. 

Mackie goes on to say that another version was that St Andrew’s colours were in fact “dark blue” and that the merged entity decided to adopt maroon as their jersey colour.

Hearts’ red/white/blue jerseys were therefore dyed maroon through which, as Mackie states, “the stripes were still easily seen”.

23 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think a splash of light blue would make folk think we just had a knock off strip from on of those clubs. 
Not that keen on anything red white n blue either tbh. 

Heart of Midlothian FC play in MAROON AND WHITE!

End of!

PapaShango

I'm maybe old fashioned but I would love for us just to have a maroon home with a white away. However it's all down to popularity and what sells bets among fans these days. I do like the black away with maroon trims or the candy striped maroon and white top. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts

sky blue away kits can gtf

:seething:

white/maroon next season or I'll kick off

Percival King
On 01/05/2022 at 16:36, PortyBeach said:

Interesting idea. We shouldn't be put off from recognising and celebrating our history just because some folk choose to associate the colours with Rangers/The Rangers. The Rangers don't own those colours and Celtic don't own hoops.

RustyRightPeg
56 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm maybe old fashioned but I would love for us just to have a maroon home with a white away. However it's all down to popularity and what sells bets among fans these days. I do like the black away with maroon trims or the candy striped maroon and white top. 

Id love all maroon for home and all white for away. Maybe I’m too simple, but a simple kit sometimes.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Id love all maroon for home and all white for away. Maybe I’m too simple, but a simple kit sometimes.

Home - Maroon tops/white shorts 

Away - White tops/maroon shorts

❤️

Bungalow Bill
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

❤️

This. 

1 hour ago, Percival King said:

Interesting idea. We shouldn't be put off from recognising and celebrating our history just because some folk choose to associate the colours with Rangers/The Rangers. The Rangers don't own those colours and Celtic don't own hoops.

Yeh!!!! And Hibs don’t own green tops with white sleeves…….

PortyBeach
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You’re absolutely right. Have you seen Yeovil Town’s current kit?…

7BF7ABAB-40DA-4933-BABB-EF36E8FE5263.gif

7 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Yeah - I don’t think the long breeks would be popular 😆!

Albert Mackie’s 1959 book, “The Hearts”, states that “maroon was the colour worn by St Andrew (FC)…Hearts’ was red, white, and blue” (p.26).

Hearts “merged” with the St Andrew club and persuaded their new colleagues to adopt the name “Heart of Midlothian”. 

Mackie goes on to say that another version was that St Andrew’s colours were in fact “dark blue” and that the merged entity decided to adopt maroon as their jersey colour.

Hearts’ red/white/blue jerseys were therefore dyed maroon through which, as Mackie states, “the stripes were still easily seen”.

I wouldn't be against a white away with a pattern or stripes (had stripes on the Roseberry too)

Maybe a more modern take on it. Can't find good examples but something mainly white with maroon detail, leaning towards some of these

03dcd7ef374003ecd431a4ac02773bde.jpg.3d6c7dbada73d1341deef8e4d3dab427.jpg

poland-short-sleeve-football-top-qzj8hF.jpeg

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

200.gif.19438d9599e936cc02237edc5378bdf8.gif

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

I wouldn't be against a white away with a pattern or stripes (had stripes on the Roseberry too)

Maybe a more modern take on it. Can't find good examples but something mainly white with maroon detail, leaning towards some of these

That Poland top is hurting my eyes. 

Probably a good thing to dazzle your opponents with :lol:

Armageddon

I’m also in the “pale blue is shite” brigade.

Folk go to Uni to study clothing design, get a job at a sportswear company, and design some utterly shite strips.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

End of!

Indeed 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Hope they go bust 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Alan_R said:

That’s giving my erse a sair head 🤮🤣

dannymack
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

End of!

But not our original colour. 

dannymack
10 hours ago, Percival King said:

I despair at the Hearts fans who instantly jump on that bandwagon, very lazy and pathetic to dismiss the colours and design. 

I'll state it again, Rangers are not traditionally Blue, white and red and the other lot did not have hoops until the early 1900s.

dannymack
8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Late 1930s for the white sleeves. 

dannymack

Keep it nice and simple like this, limited if not no white trim on the top ,plain white shorts and all maroon socks.image.png.c2fc9be4b2b59281e2e2923d09444d1c.png

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Late 1930s for the white sleeves. 

Correct. And a good example of a club making an innovative change. 
In fact, I think they also changed their shade of green from a darker, “bottle” one to the lighter “emerald” shade we’re more familiar with.

10 hours ago, dannymack said:

But not our original colour. 

We have been playing in Maroon and white for over 100 years

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

True. But that doesn’t negate the fact that we have played in different colours and that these colours therefore form part of the club’s heritage.

For this reason, I don’t see anything wrong in reprising the club’s original kit for a special anniversary.
And by the same token, I don’t see why introducing a colour associated with the club’s history into the home kit to give it some vibrancy is necessarily a bad thing. 

John Findlay
On 02/05/2022 at 18:23, Thomaso said:

❤️

In a nutshell. It's not rocket science.

No Idle Talk
On 02/05/2022 at 18:23, Thomaso said:

❤️

Works for me.

Keep it simple. No need to overthink it. 

dannymack
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

That's correct but our original colour as The Heart of Mid-Lothian FC is all white with red* trim and heart, I for one will not try and erase that from our glorious history. 

* red or dark red/marone.

20201013_114848.jpg

20200803_000049.jpg

$_57 (9).JPG

dannymack
10 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

True. But that doesn’t negate the fact that we have played in different colours and that these colours therefore form part of the club’s heritage.

For this reason, I don’t see anything wrong in reprising the club’s original kit for a special anniversary.
And by the same token, I don’t see why introducing a colour associated with the club’s history into the home kit to give it some vibrancy is necessarily a bad thing. 

House of Windsor do a great retro range for women 👌🏻 

Screenshot_20200716-200909_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200716-200858_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200614_041632.jpg

Screenshot_20200216_143516.jpg

Screenshot_20191017_233543.jpg

Edited by dannymack

PortyBeach
43 minutes ago, dannymack said:

House of Windsor do a great retro range for women 👌🏻 

Screenshot_20200716-200909_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200716-200858_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200614_041632.jpg

Screenshot_20200216_143516.jpg

Screenshot_20191017_233543.jpg

That’s some piece of research, mate. Didn’t take you for a subscriber to “House of Windsor” 😱

On 30/04/2022 at 12:12, Cruyff said:

BwrIa36CMAES4sa.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.2e6c9ab1b97bbeef68258e9d36d385b5.jpg

universitario-90th-anniversary-away-e.thumb.jpg.6f61c7af0efabb71498569e08ea5e726.jpg

Could be similar.

Magnificent.

That with a silver away top please. 

dannymack
19 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

That’s some piece of research, mate. Didn’t take you for a subscriber to “House of Windsor” 😱

The wife 😉

otterjohn

Would love to see a dark Maroon top White shorts and Black socks with White and Maroon bands home top

Away strip would thin lined White candy top Maroon shorts and white socks with black and Maroon bands

On 02/05/2022 at 16:08, PapaShango said:

Thing is it's been a while since we had a cracker of a white away top. It probably would sell well.

The Wonga effort was last white away wasn't it? Adidas.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, 151 said:

Thing is it's been a while since we had a cracker of a white away top. It probably would sell well.

The Wonga effort was last white away wasn't it? Adidas.

Puma kit after the Adidas ones. 👍 

3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

The maroon and white doesn’t need “vibrancy” it’s already pure class.

PhoenixHearts

All this talk of the original hooped kit reminded me of the mock-ups I made a few seasons ago. I think the idea I had was we should do something like this for our 150th.

Away kit based on our original hoops (with the red changed to maroon... to keep everyone happy)

And the home represents the tale about where our maroon colour came from. Something about the blue and red hoops running in the wash?

HMFC2122.png.ad960d5375b0fb19f9b180d1ca8e712e.png

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )