• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

Rocky jamboa
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

There was a digital option, I got my ticket in an email to print, but you should have had that choice at checkout, you should have a confirmation mail of some sorts. It wont be on your season ticket though

Thanks. 

Ideal scenario would be get to the europa league, get 2 cracking ties / away trips from the first 2 pots and then get the worst team possible out of the other pot.

would get humped by the 2 good sides but we could potentially nick 3rd spot in the league and then parachute down into the conference league for 2 more games! 

Sounds easy!?

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No. We’d be in Pot 3 with our own co-Efficient 

By coincedence, 3rd lowest in EL - co-efficient payment of approx 390,000 euros

9th lowest in ECL - co-efficient payment of approx 380,000

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

:rofl: Can’t be far off the same odds for us winning the league 

Move the . 2 digits right, bit more realistic

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sprinbox98 said:

Ideal scenario would be get to the europa league, get 2 cracking ties / away trips from the first 2 pots and then get the worst team possible out of the other pot.

would get humped by the 2 good sides but we could potentially nick 3rd spot in the league and then parachute down into the conference league for 2 more games! 

Sounds easy!?

Great planning, I did forget that option, EL looks really strong to me. I think the Conf looks a far better option for at this stage of our development, but you have to play to win in the Play Off

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

For glamour, you want the Europa League, for a chance of winning some games and probably earning more cash, might not be the worst idea to chuck the next 2 games :lol:

Not serious of course, but it won't be the worst thing that ever happens to us if we do lose

That's the crazy thing about this whole set up, there can be occasions when there is actually an incentive to lose matches.  Not saying we should or will do this but wouldn't be surprised if it comes to light that some teams actually do this.

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Great planning, I did forget that option, EL looks really strong to me. I think the Conf looks a far better option for at this stage of our development, but you have to play to win in the Play Off

yeah a good chance we could take a real doing by some of those teams - but I guess that’s the best thing about this scenario v zurich - it’s a win / win really (even if we loose)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, happyjam said:

That's the crazy thing about this whole set up, there can be occasions when there is actually an incentive to lose matches.  Not saying we should or will do this but wouldn't be surprised if it comes to light that some teams actually do this.

You have more chance of getting points and therefore £££s in the Conference. Not a great enough disparity in cash to incentivise, qualification to EL and almost certain thrashings, for some anyway

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not really what you said though is it ?

I thought he did to be honest :)

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not really what you said though is it ?

Yes. We would take their spot in the list (implying all other teams would remain the same) and we would be in Pot 3.

pettigrewsstylist

Would settle for decent venues with chance of decent travelling support in late summer sun. 6 yrs is too long and many will be tying their scarf around the funnel for the first time :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

yeah a good chance we could take a real doing by some of those teams - but I guess that’s the best thing about this scenario v zurich - it’s a win / win really (even if we loose)

Always got taught to treat everything as an opportunity, should we show up well against a top grade side in the EL, even once, it will raise the profile. Tough tough ask though, but nevertheless exciting

8 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

If it’s about the money, assuming we can pick up more points in the conference group, the big difference is in the TV market pool which is much higher in the EL

If it’s about jolly good trips, you’d want the EL but your open to getting a hiding or 3

If it’s about progression we’d need 3rd in the EL or 2nd in the conference. Both big asks but I’d marginally favour the EL

Edited by JimmyCant

CloustonHMFC

Based on the team list I would much rather be in the conference tbh. It would aid our development as squad far more than getting tanked for 6 games on UEL (which even the most blinkered Hearts fan must see as likely) as I reckon we could be competitive in almost all of the possible scenarios. We do, however, have to go out to win the playoff and what will be will be. 

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes. We would take their spot in the list (implying all other teams would remain the same) and we would be in Pot 3.

Aye okay mate. Maybe I just read it with the wrong slant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

If it’s about the money, assuming we can pick up more points in the conference group, the difference is in the TV market pool which is much higher in the EL

If it’s about jolly good trips, you’d want the EL but your open to getting a hiding or 3

If it’s about progression we’d need 3rd in the EL or 2nd in the conference. Both big asks but I’d marginally favour the EL

Yeah, pretty much what I agree with in an earlier post, I'm not fussy, I don't feel any great desire about these play off games, if we win its a good positive start to the journey, if we lose, there is a level we have a much more realistic level of competition

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Based on the team list I would much rather be in the conference tbh. It would aid our development as squad far more than getting tanked for 6 games on UEL (which even the most blinkered Hearts fan must see as likely) as I reckon we could be competitive in almost all of the possible scenarios. We do, however, have to go out to win the playoff and what will be will be. 

Disagree.

Yes it will be difficult but ties midweek against top European clubs is mouthwatering.

And I'm not blinkered but we can deliver at home.

Has anyone been in to the TO today and got an away ticket for the game? 

They’re not live on e-tickets but I’m heading into the shop this morning, was going to pick one up then. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I prefer the look of the Conference. Some great potential games in there and a slim chance of getting top two (draw dependent).

There is also a 500k solidarity payment if drop into conference league. I would never want us to lose but would be more than happy with the conference league group stage

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yeah, pretty much what I agree with in an earlier post, I'm not fussy, I don't feel any great desire about these play off games, if we win its a good positive start to the journey, if we lose, there is a level we have a much more realistic level of competition

Heads up.

Just been to TO .

Away tickets for Zurich not available just yet.

Just in case you are planning to come through hold off for a few hours.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Heads up.

Just been to TO .

Thanks for the update 

awadooningorgie2
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There is also a 500k solidarity payment if drop into conference league. I would never want us to lose but would be more than happy with the conference league group stage

Surely the money for getting past Zurich and then finishing above Pot 4 team in Europa League to get another tie after Xmas would be really significant? The extra tie would be worth a really significant amont of money (7 figures plus plus) ?

Monaco would be tremendous. Stay in Nice and 20 minutes on the bus into Monaco would be a top trip having visited Nice a number of times before. Not expensive to get there but hefty prices for a pint in the city. As for Monaco I paid 18 euro for a pint having mistaken reading the menu thinking it was 9 euros. Only realised when they brought the bill that was for a half! 

Just now, awadooningorgie2 said:

Surely the money for getting past Zurich and then finishing above Pot 4 team in Europa League to get another tie after Xmas would be really significant? The extra tie would be worth a really significant amont of money (7 figures plus plus) ?

We would be the pot 4 team, so would need to overcome a pot 3 team.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Are BBC showing away game ?

Would like to think so, following United but not Hearts would be an embarrassment to them

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Monaco would be tremendous. Stay in Nice and 20 minutes on the bus into Monaco would be a top trip having visited Nice a number of times before. Not expensive to get there but hefty prices for a pint in the city. As for Monaco I paid 18 euro for a pint having mistaken reading the menu thinking it was 9 euros. Only realised when they brought the bill that was for a half! 

Drink water? Ok, I know, I know

awadooningorgie2
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Apologies, mixed up with competitions. Not so confident of that - at all!

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Pot 3 looks strong.

Looking at all the teams pots 1 to 3 there are possible home wins for us.

6 points at home and a back to the wall draw away.

Tall order I know but I'm no into this chat about accepting the conference.

Zurich is a tough hurdle in itself .

Has there been any confirmation on whether Thursdays game will be on any TV channel. Thinking of heading into Edinburgh for the game but unsure who will be showing it?

Thought Police
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Would like to think so, following United but not Hearts would be an embarrassment to them

Suppose it depends. BT/Premier Sports will get first pick. Think BBC showed United because no one else wanted to.

21 minutes ago, Ked said:

Heads up.

Just been to TO .

Got my tickets for the Zurich game at ticket office about 10.30am this morning....No problem 

2 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

Got my tickets for the Zurich game at ticket office about 10.30am this morning....No problem 

The away game????

Heartsofgold

Just been to the TO to get home leg tickets.  Very small queue, less than 5 mins, all done and cannot ****ing wait HHGH!!!

3 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

My mistake. I thought it was for the home game. Sorry folks 

They will be in today .

Just for folk that have to travel in as away tickets can only be collected.

15 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Suppose it depends. BT/Premier Sports will get first pick. Think BBC showed United because no one else wanted to.

BBC Scotland starts airing at 7pm (kick off is 6pm for the away game) so not sure if that will have some bearing on it. 

Harry Potter
38 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

imagine the seeth if they dont.😲.

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Just bought my Zurich 2nd leg ticket, payment was made to Hearts of Midlothian FC 🤷‍♂️

Well, that's obviously not right; have you contacted the TO?

My understanding is that clubs can sell the tv rights individually to the highest bidder at this stage - it’s not in the BT UEFA contract.