Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

Gorgie_Rules
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Will we have the screens for Sunday? Or Thursday?

Beamback shurely!

The club should organise an event in the fans bar, could be decent demand for it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

3 minutes ago, allymonty said:

Long shot but anyone with points for home leg I would love two tickets!

Home leg isn't going off points. Just need to have a ST.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The club should organise an event in the fans bar, could be decent demand for it.

1874 open from 4pm for the Zurich game. No idea if anything particularly special is on.

The Hogfather

Not sure why anyone would assume that the home leg is Loyalty Points. Have we ever had a home game be reliant on LPs before?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Will be up for the home leg I'd imagine. Sunday will be too early I'd have thought for installation and testing.

Yeah, I would think so; sadly, probably a stretch for Thursday too, with Sunday in the way

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Home leg isn't going off points. Just need to have a ST.

Ah I've just checked again and picked it up wrong cheers 👍 

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, I would think so; sadly, probably a stretch for Thursday too, with Sunday in the way

No much use them being up on Thursday.

Planning to go to Zurich and buy two tickets online over the weekend but won’t get to Tynie to pick them up (down south). Anyone know if I can get a friend to pick them up from the ticket office or does it have to be one of the names on the ticket?

Thanks in advance. 

1 minute ago, jamborod said:

Planning to go to Zurich and buy two tickets online over the weekend but won’t get to Tynie to pick them up (down south). Anyone know if I can get a friend to pick them up from the ticket office or does it have to be one of the names on the ticket?

Thanks in advance. 

Just get your pal to say the name and address when picking up tickets! No problem whatsoever amigo 👍🏽

Heartsmad1874
39 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Is that the away leg, or home leg, or both?  Cant make the away game, but got my seats for Tynie. HHGH 

Away leg yeah, bog standard one for the home game.

2 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Just get your pal to say the name and address when picking up tickets! No problem whatsoever amigo 👍🏽

Cheers! 

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No much use them being up on Thursday.

You think whoever is showing it live would block a beamback?

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They're not going to do a beam back in the stands. Hearts have already announced what's happening.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Match is live on BBC Scotland HD so no commercial interest to block any beamback.

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Trying to watch a full game of football on those screens would be brutal.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

They're not going to do a beam back in the stands. Hearts have already announced what's happening.

Yes, I read that, same as usual; just seems TV rights is the issue, because teams used to do it, but never heard of it for a while; seems like a no-goer

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Match is live on BBC Scotland HD so no commercial interest to block any beamback.

Yes, but the group stages

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Trying to watch a full game of football on those screens would be brutal.

Perhaps

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, but the group stages

Perhaps

Sorry, missed the start of the conversation and assumed it was next week's game being discussed.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, I read that, same as usual; just seems TV rights is the issue, because teams used to do it, but never heard of it for a while; seems like a no-goer

I don't imagine it's anything to do with TV rights, it just doesn't happen because clubs tend to have facilities to house these kinds of events now.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Sorry, missed the start of the conversation and assumed it was next week's game being discussed.

It was, but next week is free to air though, the groups won't be

Ricardo Quaresma

I don't imagine it's anything to do with TV rights, it just doesn't happen because clubs tend to have facilities to house these kinds of events now.

Yeah, small scale stuff, though

Ricardo Quaresma

It just seems that for whatever reasons, demand or rights, it's just not going to occur with a beamback

We'd have heard by now if it was being considered

The Hogfather

Yeah, small scale stuff, though

Would you expect a few thousand to turn up to a beam back in the Gorgie Stand?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

It was, but next week is free to air though, the groups won't be

Any definite word yet of which TV company is covering the two competitions we might be participating in?

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Any definite word yet of which TV company is covering the two competitions we might be participating in?

BT

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, The Hogfather said:

Would you expect a few thousand to turn up to a beam back in the Gorgie Stand?

I would expect a feasibility study, centred around demand

E-Mail everyone on database to ask if they'd go

But first of all, are the club allowed, can a deal be done, what would it cost for each fan?

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

pretty sure BT have the rights 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I'd be disappointed if that was the amount of chips and presenting the fish on top like that will definitely make them go soggy! Greg Wallace wouldn't approve of the presentation I don't think, but the food itself looks quality.

The Hogfather
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

But first of all, are the club allowed, can a deal be done, what would it cost for each fan?

I think it's pretty unlikely to think the demand is going to be there, don't you?

The demand for beambacks comes from when games aren't readily available. Such as the Derby at Tynie last season.

Our games will be on BT Sports and shown in practically every pub in the city. 

Edited by hughesie27

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

The demand for beambacks comes from when games aren't readily available. Such as the Derby at Tynie last season.

Our games will be on BT Sports and shown in practically every pub in the city. 

Yes, that's true; we can plug the big gap in these situations and the club gets more cash

That's all I want; of course I would check it out first opportunity, see what I think

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, that's true; we can plug the big gap in these situations and the club gets more cash

That's all I want; of course I would check it out first opportunity, see what I think

I think you misunderstood my point. The Derby game wasn't on Sky or BT. If the game wasn't at 3pm on a Saturday Hibs might have held a beam back.

Our games on BT will be readily available and sitting in a practically empty football stadium watching a game at a right angle to the way I'm sitting or on a screen the length if a football pitch away with no alcohol and in likely chilly conditions sounds brutal.

We will make put money from theb1874 bar and any hospitality suites we are using.

Edited by hughesie27

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about our European adventure TV coverage :HeartsManspotrun:

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, there must be a reason why clubs don't do this any more; just want to know what that is

Probably because they don't believe it would make them any significant money to "beam back" a game to a half empty stadium at £10 a pop when most local pubs will have the game on for free. Or they can watch it in the comfort of their own homes with a carry out and some scran.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, hughesie27 said:

I think you misunderstood my point. The Derby game wasn't on Sky or BT. If the game was at 3pm on a Saturday Hibs might have held a beam back.

Our games on BT will be readily available and sitting in a practically empty football stadium watching a game at a right angle to the way I'm sitting or on a screen the length if a football pitch away with no alcohol and in likely chilly conditions sounds brutal.

We will make put money from theb1874 bar and any hospitality suites we are using.

I get the right angle thing, maybe that can be fixed in future

The alcohol thing is interesting, if there are only one set of fans, what's the situation there?

What was the alcohol policy when rangers used to do this for OF games?

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Probably because they don't believe it would make them any significant money to "beam back" a game to a half empty stadium at £10 a pop when most local pubs will have the game on for free. Or they can watch it in the comfort of their own homes with a carry out and some scran.

Well, E-Mails cost next to nothing, that's why if numbers were the only concern, the response to the circular E-Mail would either be encouraging, or shut the whole thing down

Ok, the alcohol policy thing in the last response to Hughsie is everything; if anyone can answer that, it's a wrap

It's almost a new thread worth now 😄

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Clarity

I get the right angle thing, maybe that can be fixed in future

The alcohol thing is interesting, if there are only one set of fans, what's the situation there?

What was the alcohol policy when rangers used to do this for OF games?

We have no facilities in place to offer alcohol on the stands. We wouldn't pay to bring any in for a handful of European games nobody would attend.

It's a non starter. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, hughesie27 said:

We have no facilities in place to offer alcohol on the stands. We wouldn't pay to bring any in for a handful of European games nobody would attend.

It's a non starter. 

Maybe, bud, but worth discussion if there's significant cash to be made

We would certainly have to ask how many would attend

It's a non starter. 

There is a bar on the concourse in the main stand. Not sure if it's still used, but did sell non-alcoholic beer and cider. 

Also the Stongbow Lounge is just off the concourse. 

Not saying we will do it, but it would be possible with just the main stand in use to offer alcohol. 

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Why would anyone attend given the aforementioned reasons not to go ahead with it? 

The Hogfather

There certainly isn't "significant cash to be made". Even if they took the plunge, you're not going to get several thousand paying to watch a game they likely can watch for free elsewhere. 

Just now, SUTOL said:

There is a bar on the concourse in the main stand. Not sure if it's still used, but did sell non-alcoholic beer and cider. 

Also the Stongbow Lounge is just off the concourse. 

Not saying we will do it, but it would be possible with just the main stand in use to offer alcohol. 

1 bar for a whole stand. Plus a small bar in a hospitality suite. You'd be in the queue for the 90 minutes.

Mind you you'd at least getting a better view of thr match on a normal TV screen in the suite.

Ricardo Quaresma

Why would anyone attend given the aforementioned reasons not to go ahead with it? 

It's easy to set up alcohol sales in a large business property; there already is facilities, too

Ricardo Quaresma

There certainly isn't "significant cash to be made". Even if they took the plunge, you're not going to get several thousand paying to watch a game they likely can watch for free elsewhere. 

Well, if that's the response from fans, then, like I stated earlier, that's that

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, if that's the response from fans, then, like I stated earlier, that's that

Don't hold your breath on an email coming out either. Far, far easier for the club to use the existing facilities rather than pay money to set something else up on the hope a few folk turn up to sit in the Gorgie Stand.

It's easy to set up alcohol sales in a large business property; there already is facilities, too

Other than thr non alcoholic Heineken Bar (if that's still there) we do not have the facilities.

We have to my knowledge no existing area to store kegs, the taps or pipes required to pour the beer, enough staff legally allowed to sell alcohol (majority of the kiosk staff on matchdays will be under 18 and those who arent will need to be put through a training course to sell alcohol.). All these things cost money. Money that will eat away any income brought in from crazy folk who would attend.

Edited by hughesie27