Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

No Idle Talk
34 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Don't think away goals count double anymore. Could be wrong though...!

No, you are correct. 1-0, 2-1, same difference.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

I think we will win but I would say that.  Have never seen FC Zurich and have no desire to do so.  

I think I've been to Zurich but so long ago I genuinely can't remember.  Had a play on a wee boat on lake Geneva.  Went for a pint afterwards and nearly burst into tears.  Asrtronomical price.  

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

No, you are correct. 1-0, 2-1, same difference.

Correct use of the phrase "same difference", first time ever on here; fantastic 😄

Ricardo Quaresma

Cory, you do realise that Zurich have lost their manager, their star striker, their star midfielder and have been beaten every single game so far except a 0-0 draw at home to Luzern, a team with no wins and lower half finishes regularly in Swiss league

Only wins are against Linfield

Also, Advijaj came off around HT with a knee injury

We just need to be concerned about our team though, we really should get one or two in by the 18th

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think we will win but I would say that.  Have never seen FC Zurich and have no desire to do so.  

I think I've been to Zurich but so long ago I genuinely can't remember.  Had a play on a wee boat on lake Geneva.  Went for a pint afterwards and nearly burst into tears.  Asrtronomical price.  

Googling the price of a beer in St Gallen is approx 7 Swiss francs. At an exchange rate of 1.12 for a quid then it’ll be cheaper to drink there than uptown in Edinburgh at certain establishments. Don’t think it’ll burst the bank to live on beer and bratwurst for two days. 

I live near Tynecastle and will pick up my ticket for the away leg on Saturday. If anyone needs any help getting tickets picked up and brought over then DM me? I can swap numbers and arrange to meet in St Gallen on Wednesday or Thursday to hand over 

StuttgartJambo1874
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Away tickets to be collected from ticket office at Tynecastle! That doesn’t show much concern by the club for the geographical spread of Hearts supporters! 

Yes my thoughts exactly! I've no idea how I'm supposed to get my ticket living in Germany.  Fastest mail is 3-5 working days, going to be tight.

StuttgartJambo1874
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Googling the price of a beer in St Gallen is approx 7 Swiss francs. At an exchange rate of 1.12 for a quid then it’ll be cheaper to drink there than uptown in Edinburgh at certain establishments. Don’t think it’ll burst the bank to live on beer and bratwurst for two days. 

I live near Tynecastle and will pick up my ticket for the away leg on Saturday. If anyone needs any help getting tickets picked up and brought over then DM me? I can swap numbers and arrange to meet in St Gallen on Wednesday or Thursday to hand over 

Dm sent, thanks.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

So.........Zurich.

What's the general thoughts about what our chances are. 50-50? Better than that? Less?

I feel like we're probably underdogs for this. I believe it's a tie we can win. But it's going to be tough I reckon.

A fair bit in our favour ref away leg first and away leg venue. Chance to get a couple more league games under the belt and bed the newcomers in also.

Have to feel underdog after looking at their euro results in CL. 

Their league form so far provides hope. Away leg being soon will hopefully capitalise on that.

Still scarred by the Maltese though. 

Really cant call it at mo. Good result at weekend would help.

We need to play for whole 90 mins in each leg. Hopefully we prove tomm that we can manage that now.

Hopeful,

HibbyinZurich

I am a long time lapsed poster here, a fan of the other Edinburgh team who has lived in Zurich for a decade now.  You'll have a great time, lovely place if not a tad pricey on the boozing front.  If you need any tips for things to do/boozers etc, I'll try to add them on this thread.

8 hours ago, Cade said:

Zurich are currently bottom of their league.

Played 4, lost 3, drawn 1.

No goals scored.

They did win the league by 14 points last year though.

Only narrowly lost to Qarabag in extra time (5-4 on aggregrate) in their Champion's League playoff, before skooshing Linfield 5-0 on aggregate to set up the meeting with Hearts.

:interehjrling: Are they concentrating on Europe at the expense of league performance?

Think they lost a lot of their players from last season including the manager after their success.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, south morroccan said:

Haven't heard the BBC announcing who are the  current worst losers for Scotland in Europe.

They did though, quite pleased when they mentioned both Hibs and Celtic and now the Dundee version join in too :). Aberdeen and Rangers need a shot too!

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Cory, you do realise that Zurich have lost their manager, their star striker, their star midfielder and have been beaten every single game so far except a 0-0 draw at home to Luzern, a team with no wins and lower half finishes regularly in Swiss league

Only wins are against Linfield

Also, Advijaj came off around HT with a knee injury

We just need to be concerned about our team though, we really should get one or two in by the 18th

We were beaten by a bunch of malteasers a few years ago. Think it will be a challenge...

Am I right to be a bit worried about our defence?  There's no Souttar, no Kingsley and Rowles is pretty much untested at this level.

Not being pessimistic, just pragmatic.

What do those of you who've seen both games so far think?

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Am I right to be a bit worried about our defence?  There's no Souttar, no Kingsley and Rowles is pretty much untested at this level.

Not being pessimistic, just pragmatic.

What do those of you who've seen both games so far think?

None of our players have been tested at this level except Gordon, Halliday and GMS.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

None of our players have been tested at this level except Gordon, Halliday and GMS.

McKay will have when still at rangers as well

One thing that's really annoyed me in the past is showing too much respect towards our European opponents.  I remember thinking that we could have had more of a go against AEK at home (though with the team selection for the away leg, it wouldn't have made any difference), and the away leg against Paksi was infuriating because we could see how poor they were and we didn't seem to be set up to have a go.  Say no more about Birkikara.

Is this down to a Scottish inferiority complex?  There's absolutely no reason why we can't go there and take this game to them.  They're not full of superstars, and neither are we.  They might have more experience of playing in European competition, but at the end of the day, it's 11v11 - LET'S DO THIS HEARTS!

37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

McKay will have when still at rangers as well

He left rangers just before they got European football 

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Think they lost a lot of their players from last season including the manager after their success.

Aye their manager got poached and they lost their top scorer too.

Scored 20 and had 10 assists last year.

They're still a decent side and it will be a very tough ask for Hearts to get past them over two legs.

Rudi cant fail

Is anyone having issues buying their home leg ticket? I have logged in but it doesn’t give me the option to buy. I thought they went on sale at 9am today

Heartsmad1874
7 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I take it no-one has the option on etickets for the away leg tickets yet?

They'll go on sale at some point today according to the ticket info article last night. Maybe lunchtime onwards

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Is anyone having issues buying their home leg ticket? I have logged in but it doesn’t give me the option to buy. I thought they went on sale at 9am today

You have to go into the manage tickets/reserved tickets section.

Top right hand corner of page

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Should the highest coefficient teams win their ties thisnwould be the Europa League Draw.

IMG-20220812-WA0001.jpg

Roma

PSV

Betis

Hearts

5 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Just got mines 

Be under reserved tickets 

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

So.........Zurich.

What's the general thoughts about what our chances are. 50-50? Better than that? Less?

I feel like we're probably underdogs for this. I believe it's a tie we can win. But it's going to be tough I reckon.

They won the Swiss league last season and imo will be favourites to go through the tie, I think if we can avoid a heavy defeat in zurich, like nothing more than a 2-0 loss then we would have a chance bringing the tie back to Tynecastle, we could beat them there with everyone at their best but it's hard to say tbh, I guess we will find out next week.

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Should the highest coefficient teams win their ties thisnwould be the Europa League Draw.

IMG-20220812-WA0001.jpg

I was expecting us to be rock bottom of that table. 3 places off the bottom would mean around another £350k, so even more reason to want to beat Zurich rather than drop into the Conference League! 

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

IMG-20220812-WA0001.jpg

Think we are in for the dry boaby in most of those games whatever way you work it. 

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

You should see a red dot up top right corner next to the wee guy icon to show you've a notification, click the wee guy. You'll have two notifications, one that's for the United game to be used if you want to put your ticket on the exchange and the other a reserve for the Europa Cup game. 

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

IMG-20220812-WA0001.jpg

Oh man some of those ties are amazing! imagine Roma, Arsenal, Man utd or Lazio at Tynecastle! Would be absolutely brilliant, on the other hand we would probably get pumped, although if the we got past Zurich and into the EL and we managed to get the dream group of feyenoord, ludogrets and Freiburg, we could potentially compete to win that group imo 😀 

12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I was expecting us to be rock bottom of that table. 3 places off the bottom would mean around another £350k, so even more reason to want to beat Zurich rather than drop into the Conference League! 

How are you working that out? Never seen anything mentioned about coefficient rankings relating to payments before.

Should Zurich beat us we would take their place in this list but be in Pot 3. Again, assuming the rest of the highest coefficient teams win their ties.

Good trips either way.

IMG-20220812-WA0002.jpg

Edited by hughesie27

Rudi cant fail
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

150/1? I'm wanting significantly more than that for us to win the Europa ffs 😂 

Screenshot_20220812_095415.jpg

I see us at 500/1 earlier on odds checker 

26 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

IMG-20220812-WA0001.jpg

Olympiacos 

Malmo

Midtjylland

Easy 😁

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Should Zurich beat us we would take their place in this list. Again, assuming the rest of the highest coefficient teams win their ties.

Good trips either way.

IMG-20220812-WA0002.jpg

We'd have enough coefficient points to get Pot 3. Shamrock would drop into Pot 4

Rocky jamboa

Would be great to get man u or arsenal. Would love to see Hearts at Old Trafford or the Emirates. Would probably get a good allocation  as well as not a big game for them.

Rocky jamboa

I bought my season ticket seat online for the Zurich game and selected collect from Tynecastle. Is it a physical ticket for this game so i do actually need to collect it from tynecastle, or does it get added to your season ticket card? Couldn't see anything re this on the Hearts site.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Roma

PSV

Betis

Hearts

I'll go for Kiev, Qarabag, Tiraspol :lol:

15 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Should Zurich beat us we would take their place in this list but be in Pot 3. Again, assuming the rest of the highest coefficient teams win their ties.

Good trips either way.

IMG-20220812-WA0002.jpg

No. We’d be in Pot 3 with our own co-Efficient 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I bought my season ticket seat online for the Zurich game and selected collect from Tynecastle. Is it a physical ticket for this game so i do actually need to collect it from tynecastle, or does it get added to your season ticket card? Couldn't see anything re this on the Hearts site.

There was a digital option, I got my ticket in an email to print, but you should have had that choice at checkout, you should have a confirmation mail of some sorts. It wont be on your season ticket though

Lord Beni of Gorgie

For glamour, you want the Europa League, for a chance of winning some games and probably earning more cash, might not be the worst idea to chuck the next 2 games :lol:

Not serious of course, but it won't be the worst thing that ever happens to us if we do lose