• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Donis started, subbed off after an hour, so he must be fit after all

And his replacement equalises with 4 minutes to go

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Would it be worse if they sold beer in grounds. Folk have plenty time to get bevvied before the game anyway. A few lagers in a plastic cup won’t make any difference to fan behaviour. Folk hardly ever get searched going into grounds, if you were of a mind you could easily sneak a half bottle of spirits or a hip flask in. Not serving beer is just stupid imo. 

Yes it would. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No it wouldn’t. 

My guess would be that while you can get tanked up before the game and/ or smuggle in alcohol or whatever if you really want to, the availability of alcohol would mean people would buy it when they wouldn't plan either of these things. 

It's then a small step to launching empty/ half empty plastic glasses when there's a flash point. 

Admittedly I'd rather be hit by one of these than a lighter. 

36 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

My guess would be that while you can get tanked up before the game and/ or smuggle in alcohol or whatever if you really want to, the availability of alcohol would mean people would buy it when they wouldn't plan either of these things. 

It's then a small step to launching empty/ half empty plastic glasses when there's a flash point. 

Admittedly I'd rather be hit by one of these than a lighter. 

Doesn’t seem to have caused any major re-thinks in policy in England, who have typically had a worse problem with trouble at football than we have in the last thirty years or so. Also doesn’t seem to stop scummy fans like Hibs lobbing shit at players. 

I’m all for limiting it to home fans who, I believe, can be fairly easily identified. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Doesn’t seem to have caused any major re-thinks in policy in England, who have typically had a worse problem with trouble at football than we have in the last thirty years or so. Also doesn’t seem to stop scummy fans like Hibs lobbing shit at players. 

I’m all for limiting it to home fans who, I believe, can be fairly easily identified. 

You can't drink in the stands in England. 

Getting in late or leaving early to hammer down a pint of overpriced beer isn't my idea of a match day experience. 

We'll see how easy Hibs find it to identify the folk from last week. 

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

You can't drink in the stands in England. 

Getting in late or leaving early to hammer down a pint of overpriced beer isn't my idea of a match day experience. 

We'll see how easy Hibs find it to identify the folk from last week. 

I know you can’t. Which I think is only sensible when re-introducing alcohol. Might not be your idea of a match day experience but a wee half lager at half time is something I’d be interested in. 

Hibs won’t bother trying imo. Their ‘over exuberant’ fans are tolerated by the club. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I know you can’t. Which I think is only sensible when re-introducing alcohol. Might not be your idea of a match day experience but a wee half lager at half time is something I’d be interested in. 

Hibs won’t bother trying imo. Their ‘over exuberant’ fans are tolerated by the club. 

Fair enough. 

That's maybe no different than queuing for a pie now.

I agree about Hibs. 

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Fair enough. 

That's maybe no different than queuing for a pie now.

I agree about Hibs. 

Don’t start me on the pies 😂. They’re shite. 

Jambo 4 Ever

If you buy your season ticket seat for the game - does it go on your season ticket card? Or do you need a paper / e-ticket?

Bit of advice needed..

Bank with Monzo and apparently they are very good for taking money out abroad. 

Are jambos getting money changed before they head to Switzerland or just taking the hit at the other end? 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

FT 1-1

They've had a shocking start to their league campaign.

They only had one shot on target today - 5 against them

18 hours ago, martoon said:

👍

There's always always a downside, though:

CPqAAyyWIAAAhXs.thumb.jpg.58de66ea332493047fc13c42bc106e8f.jpg

Edited by andi17
I'm watching Sportscene just now this guy really does chuck his muck for victim fc

Gorgie_Rules
23 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Bit of advice needed..

Bank with Monzo and apparently they are very good for taking money out abroad. 

Are jambos getting money changed before they head to Switzerland or just taking the hit at the other end? 

Used Monzo last two holidays and its hassle free and the app is very good. Don’t know about taking cash out mind you, but can just use contactless everywhere. Much safer than taking cash and can use it contactless on your phone also.

Only thing to look out for is when you are asked if you want charged in GBP or local always take the local rate. This means that you are charged the Mastercard Wholesale rate which Monzo don’t take a cut on. Otherwise you’ll pay the merchant rate which can potentially be bad.

Edit: if you really need to take cash out i’d probably take it before going, as I dont think you’ll get the option to get the Mastercard/Monzo rate at an ATM.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

11 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Used Monzo last two holidays and its hassle free and the app is very good. Don’t know about taking cash out mind you, but can just use contactless everywhere. Much safer than taking cash and can use it contactless on your phone also.

Only thing to look out for is when you are asked if you want charged in GBP or local always take the local rate. This means that you are charged the Mastercard Wholesale rate which Monzo don’t take a cut on. Otherwise you’ll pay the merchant rate which can potentially be bad.

Edit: if you really need to take cash out i’d probably take it before going, as I dont think you’ll get the option to get the Mastercard/Monzo rate at an ATM.

£200 in any 30 day period in cash with no fees. for that £200 you get the full MC rate if you are withdrawing local currency. Be careful not to use an ATM that applies it’s own fees though.

HibbyinZurich

I am a long time lapsed poster from the other side of Edinburgh (former username I'd no idea what the password was!).

I've lived in Zurich for a decade, any questions about boozers or Switzerland in general, let me know.

You'll have a great time, beautiful city as is St Gallen.

2 minutes ago, HibbyinZurich said:

I am a long time lapsed poster from the other side of Edinburgh (former username I'd no idea what the password was!).

I've lived in Zurich for a decade, any questions about boozers or Switzerland in general, let me know.

You come in peace I assume!? how much were pints across there? 

also when we went to the game in Basel we took across 2 bottles of whisky and exchanged them for a lot of pints. Assume that won’t work this time round!?

Frank Sidebottom
2 minutes ago, HibbyinZurich said:

Presuming you’re not here to give us crap info…

what’s the best way to sort out trains to/from St Gallen? Buy tickets online in advance or get them on the day at the station?

Howdy Doody Jambo
22 minutes ago, HibbyinZurich said:

Hi, I'm just wondering how much a large beer 🍻 costs? usually that's the yardstick and what the traveling fan's want to know 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 13/08/2022 at 02:09, FarmerTweedy said:

According to earlier posts, the market pool for Scotland for the Europa League is about €3.3m. If correct, and if sevco make the CL group stage, that blows any argument about us being able to make more money from the Conference League completely out of the water.

You got the numbers?

19 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Presuming you’re not here to give us crap info…

what’s the best way to sort out trains to/from St Gallen? Buy tickets online in advance or get them on the day at the station?

Used to be in Zurich every two weeks for work and had to travel around a bit. I always found it easier (and no more expensive) to just buy at the station. Plenty of machines and all had an English language  option.

The railway (SBB) did have an app but could never quite make it work!

Definitely easier (and more logical( than Scotrail!!!!

Unknown user

It's a bit of an unknown this tie, it's hard to know what to expect.

I knew AZ were much richer than Utd so I looked it up - a wage bill of £16.5m compared to Utd's £4m.

These things are as good a way as any to try and judge what's coming.

The only thing I can find about Zurich is an annual wage bill reported to be over £13m (reported as 15.5m, which I assume is Swiss francs as it's the currency mentioned elsewhere in the article) 

https://gettotext.com/super-league-balance-sheets-only-gc-refuses-transparency/

In purely financial terms, it looks like we're up against it - not massively or anything, but they'll be a challenge at the very least.

2 hours ago, andi17 said:

I watched it too, andi.

Well...during the moments I wasn't wretching and boaking.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I knew AZ were much richer than Utd so I looked it up - a wage bill of £16.5m compared to Utd's £4m.

The only thing I can find about Zurich is an annual wage bill reported to be over £13m (reported as 15.5m, which I assume is Swiss francs as it's the currency mentioned elsewhere in the article) 

In purely financial terms, it looks like we're up against it - not massively or anything, but they'll be a challenge at the very least.

Well, they sold their best striker and midfielder as well as manager, who they may have got serious compensation for

Guessing their wage bill is a lot lighter now😄

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Is those figures are correct this Dundee United side are in massive trouble when they go to Parkhead and Ibrox. Could actually be 10 !

50 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

Any updates on how many tickets we’ve sold for Zurich away? 

I asked when I picked my up yesterday and the lassie said there was plenty left almost half. Surprised me but you never know. 

We_are_the_Hearts
32 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

I asked when I picked my up yesterday and the lassie said there was plenty left almost half. Surprised me but you never know. 

Would imagine about 1500 would be about right. If it was a knockout game where we could be out altogether there would be more but lots of people waiting for the group stage

Gorgie_Rules

Recall the same for Malta. Was talk we would take a load with it being a sunny location and not much chance of progression to the groups, in the end there was about 4-500.

With three group trips to come, the short notice for booking and with Switzerland generally deemed to be expensive, I can see many waiting. Reckon we’ll still take about 1,000 though 

Thought Police
5 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

There has been less than 800 sold. Ticket office don't expect any more sales.

Disappointing but I imagine the short notice and lack of cheaper direct flights have put people off. Lots likely just waiting for the group fixtures to come out.

9 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Good number imo, will be a similar attendance to Malta in 2016. The cost of flights/lack of direct local flights, cost of the trip (spending money etc), the fact we have 3 further away games guaranteed in the group stages. I was thinking we would sell 1000-1200 however, sadly a few of them will of been bought by some purely on the basis of the 5lp's with no intention of travelling (as some have already advertised on facebook).    

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Is the ticket office closed today?

Yes.

Hearts Ticket Office Opening Hours:

Tuesday to Saturday: 9am to 5pm (You can contact us via [email protected] or on 0131 200 7298 or 0131 200 7297)

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

It will be tough but I'd have us expect to beat Linfield by a similar score line.

As I did for Birikahra (sp)

Edited by DETTY29

HibbyinZurich

I do indeed come in peace. Train tickets are most likely to be the same price as advance purchase (there's no such thing as peak Vs off peak here) unless you're aiming for a specific train that happens to have saver tickets available for it - search SBB Sparbillet.

Pints in Zurich are going to set you back 8-9 CHF in most central places, certainly "Irish pub" style places. Sankt Gallen might be a tad cheaper. I can heartily (pun not intended) recommend Kennedy's as the best of the central Irish pubs. I'm in there rather too much but it is 200m from my front door so.......

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Ron Maroon said:

I’ve just been there and picked up my Zurich always, so it’s not closed. 

I wish I knew that early on I was was in Stevenson Road.

Apologies if covered already…

Is it possible to buy a child (under-13) ticket online for ST holders for home leg? I can log in as myself and buy a ticket reserved for me seat. When I log into my son’s account, I cannot buy his reserved seat as system says an adult purchase is required. I can’t work out how to link the two for this purchase. 

TO shut on Mondays and I’ve emailed them. They are normally decent at responding, but checking here as sooner I know if I need to go to TO this week, the better. Cheers! 

3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Apologies if covered already…

Is it possible to buy a child (under-13) ticket online for ST holders for home leg? I can log in as myself and buy a ticket reserved for me seat. When I log into my son’s account, I cannot buy his reserved seat as system says an adult purchase is required. I can’t work out how to link the two for this purchase. 

TO shut on Mondays and I’ve emailed them. They are normally decent at responding, but checking here as sooner I know if I need to go to TO this week, the better. Cheers! 

Never mind…I’ve worked it out!

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Tour22 said:

You know this how? Someone already quoted TO staff as saying "less than half" left

That would suggest around 1280

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You know this how? Someone already quoted TO staff as saying "less than half" left

That would suggest around 1280

Also from the ticket office. Whatever figure is correct going to need to chop a decent amount off it. I know plenty people are buying a ticket just for the 5 points to give them a chance for the groups. The staff member said there was a lot uncollected.

Edited by Tour22

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Also from the ticket office. Whatever figure is correct going to need to chop a decent amount off it. I know plenty people are buying a ticket just for the 5 points to give them a chance for the groups. The staff member said there was a lot uncollected.

Yeah, maybe

FarmerTweedy
23 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You got the numbers?

Tbh, can't be arsed looking back through the thread for the link, but someone recently posted a link to a UEFA report on either last season's or the season before's money distribution and it showed sevco getting something like €1.9m and celtic something like €1.4m IIRC. It was certainly over €3m in total.

FarmerTweedy
16 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tbh, can't be arsed looking back through the thread for the link, but someone recently posted a link to a UEFA report on either last season's or the season before's money distribution and it showed sevco getting something like €1.9m and celtic something like €1.4m IIRC. It was certainly over €3m in total.

Just realised I downloaded the PDF!  It was 2020/21. Sevco got €2.087m and celtic got €1.214m from the market pool, so €3.301m in total.  There's no guarantee the total for Scotland will be the same again this season as it depends on which countries have teams in the group stage, but it's likely to be in the ballpark.