Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts

mickycameron98

19 minutes ago, Elljay said:

And here are the proposed sums for this season
https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

Interesting that the market pool + coefficient rank payments are 45% of the total in the EL and CL, but is only 20% in the ECL. Market pool looks to have been reduced from the older versiion.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

8 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

I think the thing is the whole of Scottish football needs to work together for the greater good. Until that happens we'll never move forward.  Basically we're f****d!!

The vote to end the season and demote us proved that it's everyone for themselves.

6 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I see Qarabag, who just edged out Zurich, had another massive result in the  Champs League play offs last night. Zurich is going to be a real test for us. Especially if no more signings by Friday

Linfield could easily scored 3 last week but for bad finishing

Their defence didn’t look to clever

Zurich are strong favs but they are in crap form and maybe vulnerable if Linfield get an early goal

Cory McNamara
11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

That game is tomorrow unless it’s been changed recently

Yes, August 11th, AZ Alkmaar vs. Dundee United. Something with my time perception.

Vitoria vs. Hajduk 1-0, 1-3 

Good result for them, a lot of talented players there, hope they will fight for the title in Croatia, the best opportunity to do so. Cup winners.

August Landmesser
51 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It feels as if Jambos would now be hugely better off if Linfield win 😂

Yeah, I'm not heading to Zurich, but tempted to put a tenner on Linfield anyway!

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'm hoping they put something on in the Gorgie suite for the away league. Has been a good atmosphere on there before. 

Murrayfield sports bar is hosting something 👍🏻

4 hours ago, maggieb said:

Tomorrow at 6 

Also on balkansport.info, 2 euro 24 hr, up to 22 euros for 3 months. Streams can be a bit iffy occasionally and you have to put up with whatever language the channel uses, mostly Balkan, sometimes German, occasionally English.

26 minutes ago, 151 said:

From last night. "Under the Lights" just got better.

IMG-20220810-WA0007.jpg

Have we started an allotment at Tynecastle?:huh:

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, 151 said:

IMG-20220810-WA0007.jpg

What are the theatre props on the scaffolding about ? 

13 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

What are the theatre props on the scaffolding about ? 

Going to be used to unveil our latest signing from Peebles

9 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

War of 2 Halves fringe production set.It is on at the moment hence the stage set.

Its the Sweet Fa set mate, War of Two Halves use the whole of Tynecastle and have a trench set between Wheatfield and Roseburn.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 hours ago, 151 said:

IMG-20220810-WA0007.jpg

Hopefully that's not Craig Gordon going through a fitness test :jj_facepalm:

PS It's a joke (I hope)

15 hours ago, Yoda said:

The vote to end the season and demote us proved that it's everyone for themselves.

Might be an unpopular viewpoint but imo it's time to let that go. Justice has been done by us returning to where we all believe we should be, plus starving the championship teams that thought us going down would be a money spinner of any real income from our fans for the season.

Dundee aside obviously because their corruption was absolutely shocking.

Scottish teams doing well in Europe is good for the league & by proxy good for Hearts. As long as we're run properly & FOH continues to go strong, the gap over the others should take care of itself.

Just now, boag1874 said:

Might be an unpopular viewpoint but imo it's time to let that go. Justice has been done by us returning to where we all believe we should be, plus starving the championship teams that thought us going down would be a money spinner of any real income from our fans for the season.

Dundee aside obviously because their corruption was absolutely shocking.

Scottish teams doing well in Europe is good for the league & by proxy good for Hearts. As long as we're run properly & FOH continues to go strong, the gap over the others should take care of itself.

We can let it go all we want, and as a club, if not a fan base we probably have. But real change in Scottish football is going to take absolute unshakable determination by the top clubs outwith the OF and we seen already that every club looks after their own self interest ahead of the greater good when it comes to the crunch and I include ourselves in that. There aren’t many clubs who don’t really need the income the OF generate and the TV deal depends on them as it stands. I don’t see any way out unless we get a miracle TV deal to go along with a revolt and a revolution.

Ricardo Quaresma

Why do the OF put up with such a stinking TV deal?

Why are they not well miffed about the paltry amount of cash this country gets?

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So are the lights along the stand roofs new?

Can't say I've noticed them before.

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Why do the OF put up with such a stinking TV deal?

Why are they not well miffed about the paltry amount of cash this country gets?

Less money all round affects the rest of us more than the OF -a prolonged duopoly for the title challenge propped up on sectarianism suits them more.

The UEFA Conference League money could be a game changer though and as time goes on, less teams will rely on the OF coin and be happy to stick it to them.

16 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

New to comply with Euro regs apparently…

So how do clubs without roofs comply?we already have some of the best lights in the country.

Gorgie_Rules
6 hours ago, 151 said:

IMG-20220810-WA0007.jpg

Any idea why the additional lights have been installed? Don’t know if its some soft of Europe regulation but always thought Tynecastle was pretty well lit on night games

5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Any idea why the additional lights have been installed? Don’t know if its some soft of Europe regulation but always thought Tynecastle was pretty well lit on night games

Makes it easier for the club to count the extra wonga from the European games.

9 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

I’m no expert but those lights to me look like they potentially could be set up for a pre match lightshow? Just because of the placement more than anything tbh, absolutely not itk in any way shape or form. Polarising I know but they certainly enhance the spectacle for big games & I think they’re a pretty cool novelty.

AC Mallin_51

Just checking, sorry if it’s already been discussed. I saw that it we play Zurich the away leg will be a 7pm kick off their time and is being reported as an 8pm kick off our time. However aren’t Switzerland an hour ahead of us? So wouldn’t that actually make it a 6pm kick off UK time? 

Thought Police
46 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Just checking, sorry if it’s already been discussed. I saw that it we play Zurich the away leg will be a 7pm kick off their time and is being reported as an 8pm kick off our time. However aren’t Switzerland an hour ahead of us? So wouldn’t that actually make it a 6pm kick off UK time? 

Don't know where you've seen that, but if it's them we play at 6pm our time next week, and the home leg would be 8pm/

2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

With the current energy crisis it's just two fingers up at the likes of hibs by proving the establishment club have loads of dosh that isn't being siphoned off to peru

2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Additional lighting was required to meet UEFA criteria as the current was only SPL compliant. The club have had to double plus the amount of led panels they already had. 

It's looking like Zurich v Hearts next Thursday.  Good chance it will be live on BBC Scotland channel.  

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Additional lighting was required to meet UEFA criteria as the current was only SPL compliant. The club have had to double plus the amount of led panels they already had. 

Expensive business, this European football.

4 hours ago, braveheart said:

So how do clubs without roofs comply?we already have some of the best lights in the country.

No idea about what other clubs do, but that was the reason given that I heard (on one of the podcasts, think it was Laurie Dunsire) Not sure we’d spend the money on this if we didn’t need to.   

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Expensive business, this European football.

Ach. One months FOH subs would have done it. All paid for. By us 😊

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

It's looking like Zurich v Hearts next Thursday.  Good chance it will be live on BBC Scotland channel.  

Dont BT pick it up from this stage?  All the Champions League games are on BT next week.

Heartsmad1874
15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Dont BT pick it up from this stage?  All the Champions League games are on BT next week.

BT have the options to show games but BBC still can broadcast games. They showed St Johnstones home leg against LASK last year i'm sure, that was the Conference league though.

The 8pm kick off time at home makes me think it will be live on one of the two

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

BT have the options to show games but BBC still can broadcast games. They showed St Johnstones home leg against LASK last year i'm sure, that was the Conference league though.

The 8pm kick off time at home makes me think it will be live on one of the two

Cool must just be champions league they show all the next games on BT.

BBC already showing Glasgow City that night.  Reckon premier will be the option. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts