Top Posters In This Topic

• Ked

• chubby1973

• Fitzroy Pointon

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

My goodness check out this

Screenshot_20220419-110113_Chrome.jpg

Any windfall will be needed to pay off their previous failed projects. Or do they think they'll need it to win the Championship at first time of asking?

Lol. This is hysterical. 

Aside from the obvious lunacy of it, McGinn is an excellent player, but I don’t see him holding the same value as a couple of seasons ago. He has plateaued a little. 

Villa spend a lot of money on transfers and have him on with 3.5 years left on his contract. I don’t see them getting the £50m quoted a few years back. I don’t see it making sense to sell for 30-40. They will want to hold on to Gerard and Coutiniho.  

McGinn is not like selling Grealish and buying several replacements. So I doubt they’ll do it. He’s 31 when his contract ends. 

13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Any windfall will be needed to pay off their previous failed projects. Or do they think they'll need it to win the Championship at first time of asking?

And line Ron’s back pocket.  

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Undercover, no??  Actually, maybe not, be a very accurate impression.  Proper Shadwell stuff!

It's said often enough on here, but it really is perplexing isn't it?!  A handful of seasons in my lifetime they've played quite attractive progressive football (and won eff all doing it).  They had a good team by all accounts in the 70s (and won eff all) and obv the Famous 5 in the early 50s (who didn't have the success of our team in the 50s). 

That's it.  The end.  The rest of their entire history, they've been pony.  It's been attritional crap, the same as most teams in Scotland.  Their eyebleeding stuff has far far outweighed the pretty stuff!!

Basically they're the same as every other team in Scotland, perhaps 99% of the world.  They've had a couple of spells they're proud of.  The Hibs way though!

For me their "way" and it's quite the achievement in itself, is to put out teams full of absolute cloggers and hatchet men but at the same time have absolutely no fight!  Throw in the odd jakeball who has some talent to waste.  A sheer lack of professional footballing acumen.  Don't think for a second that Saturday's hatchet job was isolated.  That was far, far from a new tactic from them.  They and their media would just like it to be (well in fact, of course it never happened on Saturday).

Remember Ian Murray trying and failing to mame our players.  Remember even Riordan on Rudi, remember Bartley getting away with murder over and over.  Martin Scott, Darren McGregor.  Go back to the likes of Willie Miller and Alan Sneddon if my memory serves.  And now Porteous, Newell et al.  There's loads who've tried to kick us, we've let them, stood up and scored.  And won.  That's professional.  They've stamped on us, went in late, swung wildly, swung elbows, done the lot.  We've just won.

Went to Robbo's book launch thing in ra Pans a couple of months back and he said they were always told by Doddie to just let Hibs kick themselves out basically.  They'll come out all blood and snotters, wound up for a fight, just stay calm, and when the football starts you'll win.  He said something along the lines of lots was said about we had a hoodoo over them, but the truth was we were just better footballers.  They knew it and we knew it.

And that's the truth and has been for the vast, vast majority of history.

:bravo:

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Ked said:

My goodness check out this

Screenshot_20220419-110113_Chrome.jpg

Jesus christ :laugh:

Aye that's what it will be. 

They are desperately clutching at anything knowing that that they are genuinely f****d and will be for a long time to come. 

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FB_IMG_1650311195533.jpg

You have to give them credit for one thing, the quality of the drugs down Leith are exceptional.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Undercover, no??  Actually, maybe not, be a very accurate impression.  Proper Shadwell stuff!

It's said often enough on here, but it really is perplexing isn't it?!  A handful of seasons in my lifetime they've played quite attractive progressive football (and won eff all doing it).  They had a good team by all accounts in the 70s (and won eff all) and obv the Famous 5 in the early 50s (who didn't have the success of our team in the 50s). 

That's it.  The end.  The rest of their entire history, they've been pony.  It's been attritional crap, the same as most teams in Scotland.  Their eyebleeding stuff has far far outweighed the pretty stuff!!

Basically they're the same as every other team in Scotland, perhaps 99% of the world.  They've had a couple of spells they're proud of.  The Hibs way though!

For me their "way" and it's quite the achievement in itself, is to put out teams full of absolute cloggers and hatchet men but at the same time have absolutely no fight!  Throw in the odd jakeball who has some talent to waste.  A sheer lack of professional footballing acumen.  Don't think for a second that Saturday's hatchet job was isolated.  That was far, far from a new tactic from them.  They and their media would just like it to be (well in fact, of course it never happened on Saturday).

Remember Ian Murray trying and failing to mame our players.  Remember even Riordan on Rudi, remember Bartley getting away with murder over and over.  Martin Scott, Darren McGregor.  Go back to the likes of Willie Miller and Alan Sneddon if my memory serves.  And now Porteous, Newell et al.  There's loads who've tried to kick us, we've let them, stood up and scored.  And won.  That's professional.  They've stamped on us, went in late, swung wildly, swung elbows, done the lot.  We've just won.

Went to Robbo's book launch thing in ra Pans a couple of months back and he said they were always told by Doddie to just let Hibs kick themselves out basically.  They'll come out all blood and snotters, wound up for a fight, just stay calm, and when the football starts you'll win.  He said something along the lines of lots was said about we had a hoodoo over them, but the truth was we were just better footballers.  They knew it and we knew it.

And that's the truth and has been for the vast, vast majority of history.

Brilliant post BigO, sums it all up perfectly 👏👏👏

Aussie Jambo
On 16/04/2022 at 23:40, Herbert. said:

The Boyle money is in Peru. Maloney will need to take the big tellys down to cash generator to cover any short fall.

Plus his giro payments. 

Hibs Hibs are falling apart again. 

Just had a wee look over there and look what thread is at the top of the forum. You would think they would be more interested in their own turmoil. The Shelley Kerr thread though :lol:

49A8E51C-5F94-411E-A94B-2570A471022C.png

maroonlegions
5 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Just had a wee look over there and look what thread is at the top of the forum. You would think they would be more interested in their own turmoil. The Shelley Kerr thread though :lol:

49A8E51C-5F94-411E-A94B-2570A471022C.png

Shelley Kerr thread.

:rofl:

:vrface:

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Shelley Kerr thread.

She was sitting in the same section as me on Saturday and was going absolutely tonto when we scored 

14 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Ach do you need to sign in to browse? 

Tempting...not sure I have enough scrub to aash the stink off after 

Search Hibs.net main forum

22 hours ago, chubby1973 said:

Hope his wish comes true.

MWHIBBIES 05:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Jones28:
This is comfort blanket pish.
It's not comfort blanket stuff. They stole 30 million and employed 2 registered sex offenders. They are a disgusting club. I'd lose the next 1000 derbies before I was ever jealous of them.

To be fair to us, we only employed the one registered sex offender. The other one wasn’t an offender when he came to the club and was moved on sharpish when what he had done came to light.

As for ‘stole 30 million’, the vast majority of that was owed to Romanov’s bank, which was itself in administration at the time. Hearts were just a drop in that particular ocean.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

To be fair to us, we only employed the one registered sex offender. The other one wasn’t an offender when he came to the club and was moved on sharpish when what he had done came to light.

As for ‘stole 30 million’, the vast majority of that was owed to Romanov’s bank, which was itself in administration at the time. Hearts were just a drop in that particular ocean.

And the poppy dosh. Or is that offset by their ipad heist?

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Always forgetting Duff and Gray, then Tom Farmer’s debt right off deal with the bank. 
Add in a racist song being sung, in public, by one of their players, who was adored by them for doing so.

The steady conveyor belt of neds coming through their youth system, probably unmatched by any other club in Scotland.

Fans who always want someone else to bankroll their team instead of putting their hands in their own pocket.

I’m very pleased that we are not “Hibs class” and are never likely to be.

10 hours ago, Ked said:

There's a thread on fan ownership.

🤣🤣🤣

The only people that will ever own Hibs is Hearts :clyay:

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Best post today. 

Angry Haggis
19 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

19 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Poetry 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Shelley Kerr thread.

Just went and read that. Couldn’t stop laughing 😂

10 hours ago, Ked said:

🤣🤣🤣

I read it, made me laugh.  They ain't buying Hibs while Ron is still the owner.

Best chance of achieving it is if they found an Ann Budge type who was willing to put up the money to buy out Ron's shares, then allow HSL to gradually repay them and take ownership.  The problem with that approach is that their current HSL donations amount to 6 weeks of FOH donations, so would take 25-30 years or more for them to achieve ownership.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Always forgetting Duff and Gray, then Tom Farmer’s debt right off deal with the bank. 
Add in a racist song being sung, in public, by one of their players, who was adored by them for doing so.

The steady conveyor belt of neds coming through their youth system, probably unmatched by any other club in Scotland.

Fans who always want someone else to bankroll their team instead of putting their hands in their own pocket.

I’m very pleased that we are not “Hibs class” and are never likely to be.

Drunk driving, finger bum blasting, jakey racist thugs. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Shelley 😍

Is it just me that thinks she's naw bad for 52? 🙄

12 hours ago, RobNox said:

I read it, made me laugh.  They ain't buying Hibs while Ron is still the owner.

Best chance of achieving it is if they found an Ann Budge type who was willing to put up the money to buy out Ron's shares, then allow HSL to gradually repay them and take ownership.  The problem with that approach is that their current HSL donations amount to 6 weeks of FOH donations, so would take 25-30 years or more for them to achieve ownership.

Ron’s not going to sell out on the cheap. He’s got a fair amount invested there in loans, all be it with all their real estate tied up in collateral for them.  It would take a fair wedge to remove him.  The worry should be for them is that he gets fed up of their whinging and pulls the plug on them.

Edited by Deevers

15 hours ago, Halliphax said:

Sublime Levein.

Was it Firework Phil that got their annoyance by referring to them as The Docksiders.

17 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Hibs were in £6 million debt when Farmer took over. He disposed of some of that by doing what The Rangers did, transferring the debt to a holding company and then putting that company into receivership. 

They also did a bank forgiveness deal, saving millions.

Even the original Hibs went down the pan, but they claim continuity and the previous incarnations honours. 

I'll take no truck with a revisionist hibs ***** claiming we cheated when Romanov's empire collapsed. 

16 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is it just me that thinks she's naw bad for 52? 🙄

It’s just you

WorldChampions1902

HSL was their best chance of ‘fan ownership’ and given their less than enthusiastic support for it, that ship has subsequently sailed. They are now at the beck and call of a wealthy Peruvian businessman whose priority is to make a fast buck over the normal emotionally-driven priorities of running a U.K. soccer franchise.

A common US label for soccer players in years gone by was ‘booters’. That was certainly true on Saturday.

John Findlay
On 19/04/2022 at 10:57, Ked said:

🤣🤣🤣

That's their problem on that thread.

To many of them with their heads stuck in the sand. Like a few on here. Many equate fan ownership with fan run.

The penny may finally drop, when they can distinguish between the two.

The other thing is there are those who believe Ron Gordon is ponying up. Ponying up is the last thing Ron Gordon is doing.

I know I know but it's so funny reading their away with it posts.

Malky Mackay thread poll.

They don't want him cos he is racist.

Fair enough have they ostracised Deeksay .

No.

And the Ron interview thread.

So celticky Apparently we have a jamboid ,jambo mainstream media .

😆

What a wonderful week of laughing at them.

On 19/04/2022 at 22:05, Halliphax said:

I thought we do own them and have done forever!!!🙄

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hope nobody shows them this 😆

8EB29295-EB66-43ED-9CAE-7C1E852997DD.jpeg

Yet that cockwomble, McManus thinks there is a debate as to who is the better team.😆

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Let's just face it. It's absolutely f amazing being a hearts fan isn't it when your biggest rivals are like this😂

Simply amazing. 

heartgarfunkel

weeteam.net is seriously addictive entertainment right now. 

They’re lapping up Agent Ron’s performances - he’s taking the total pish out of them. 

‘Persevere’ - non 

‘Canteen’ - si! 
‘Hibd it’ - taking the rip to another level

He’ll be banning the Proclaimers from the San Giro soon. 

6 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

weeteam.net is seriously addictive entertainment right now. 

They’re lapping up Agent Ron’s performances - he’s taking the total pish out of them. 

‘Persevere’ - non 

‘Canteen’ - si! 
‘Hibd it’ - taking the rip to another level

He’ll be banning the Proclaimers from the San Giro soon. 

At the time we were both relegated i worked beside a guy who was what id call the typical hibby. Not the junkie type, but the one who has all the myths fully ingrained, truly believes it all.

That summer he went to some greet thing with Leann and whoever their dof or similar was at the time (would it have been Mathie?). Comes in to work the next day full on giddy about all their plans and how there was assurances theyd win the championship etc.

The fact theyd teetered on the brink of relegation for 3 years and then went down with even less points than our u21s seemed lost on him. The fact Hearts and Rangers would have a say didnt matter. Theyd told him thur wiz plans and theyd win. And bubgod he was shouting about it. Wanted bets the lot.

I on the other hand said who knows, it wont be easy, lets see what happens, while our club got on with it.

They are masters of delusion.

Percival King

Their latest poll is whether or not Malky Mackay should be their next manager (maybe they've moved on from Slaven Bilic, which will be a disappointment  for him). This appears to have replaced the poll which included options of "an American coach" and "an overseas  manager" - not a named manager, just a coach from a certain country, or a manager from anywhere that isn't the UK. "Right, we're unanimous, our next coach will be American. So the next stage is to identify American coaches. Anyone think of any?"

13 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Their latest poll is whether or not Malky Mackay should be their next manager (maybe they've moved on from Slaven Bilic, which will be a disappointment  for him). This appears to have replaced the poll which included options of "an American coach" and "an overseas  manager" - not a named manager, just a coach from a certain country, or a manager from anywhere that isn't the UK. "Right, we're unanimous, our next coach will be American. So the next stage is to identify American coaches. Anyone think of any?"

Greyhound!!!!

7 minutes ago, Percival King said:

They'd be better choosing a country with a smaller population like Liechtenstein or maybe San Marino.  Be easier to narrow down the field for the poll, you'd think.

I mean, in America, who are the best managers?  Bob Bradley. Bill Bellichick.  Coach from Cheers.  Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Heyman.  There's too many to choose from.

"Larry that owns the shop in Tristan da Cunha" just seems easier for them.

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hope nobody shows them this 😆

8EB29295-EB66-43ED-9CAE-7C1E852997DD.jpeg

But, but but, they won the singing/card display in the games at hampden. Played the better football in the other 59 and we were the worst hearts side ever in all of them.😭😭😭

Percival King
9 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

But, but but, they won the singing/card display in the games at hampden. Played the better football in the other 59 and we were the worst hearts side ever in all of them.😭😭😭

And the referees in all 60 games were Jambos. This is what Hibs are up against.