Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

16 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Not sure how reliable this account can be.

fingers crossed. He’s so good and we need him for next year. If he wants home give him a year so can play in Europe them leave

If he wants longer, give him that! 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• jr ewing

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes - I think the term "effective" describes Haring's contribution to the team.    He's not flashy, and mazy runs aren't his thing, but his contribution both defensively and ball-winning to start attacks is very impressive.   

A bit like  Neil Berry ... but better.     Topic for debate though - was Peter better or worse with his man-bun ? 😃

Or: a bit more like Salvatori...but not quite as good?

A_A wehatethehibs

I think Haring leaving might present a good opportunity for the club to sign an experienced midfielder from a bit higher pedigree who has played at the highest level, to help Beni and Devlin to kick on as well as the younger players Pollock, Mcgill etc 

For me Barry Bannan would be a really good signing who ticks that box in terms of, experienced guy that has been at the levels. A Don Cowie type signing. Except this time make sure there’s a decent team around him.

No I am not talking about packing out the squad with over the hill crocked 35 year olds. But think we could do with one or two experienced internationals. Especially as Boyce and Smith seem to be on the wane a little.  

6 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Or: a bit more like Salvatori...but not quite as good?

That is where I am mate

22 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes - I think the term "effective" describes Haring's contribution to the team.    He's not flashy, and mazy runs aren't his thing, but his contribution both defensively and ball-winning to start attacks is very impressive.   

A bit like  Neil Berry ... but better.     Topic for debate though - was Peter better or worse with his man-bun ? 😃

I am just glad he did not lose his powers like Samson : - D

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think Haring leaving might present a good opportunity for the club to sign an experienced midfielder from a bit higher pedigree who has played at the highest level, to help Beni and Devlin to kick on as well as the younger players Pollock, Mcgill etc 

For me Barry Bannan would be a really good signing who ticks that box in terms of, experienced guy that has been at the levels. A Don Cowie type signing. Except this time make sure there’s a decent team around him.

No I am not talking about packing out the squad with over the hill crocked 35 year olds. But think we could do with one or two experienced internationals. Especially as Boyce and Smith seem to be on the wane a little.  

:lol: 

There’s absolutely no chance of us signing Bannon. He’s on about 25k a week.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Chaps said:

:lol: 

There’s absolutely no chance of us signing Bannon. He’s on about 25k a week.

Tbh last I checked he was out of contract but looks like he has now extended I never realised 

25 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

On top of all that he's a leader. If we have managed to get him to stay I'll be delighted.

Same. Hope he does? 

31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I can't think of anyone better suited to inspire and help the younger players progress more than Peter Haring.

He has come back from a horrendous injury, where it looked like he would perhaps not play again, and is producing superb performances nearly every week (including breaking up play, playing forward passes, even the odd goal and just generally looking dominant).

For me, keeping Haring would be much better than signing Bannan (or someone similar). Haring also 'gets' Hearts and seems to accept he may not even play every single week (im not sure supposedely more experienced and higher pedigree player would accept this).

The minority who do not get what we see in Haring must have incredible expectations about the quality of player that a club like Hearts can sign.

He gets stuck in, doesn't hide, wins the ball, makes good passes, moves the game forward, sees possibilities that lesser players miss and scores great goals, whilst giving every impression of loving playing for Hearts.

Occasionally, he tries something that doesn't come off or makes a mistake in an important position. If he didn't, he'd be playing for a bigger club.

We're lucky to have him and should do everything we can to keep him.

We shouldn't assume he'd be easily replaced because players like him don't grow on trees.

I really hope he stays.

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

The minority who do not get what we see in Haring must have incredible expectations about the quality of player that a club like Hearts can sign.

He gets stuck in, doesn't hide, wins the ball, makes good passes, moves the game forward, sees possibilities that lesser players miss and scores great goals, whilst giving every impression of loving playing for Hearts.

Occasionally, he tries something that doesn't come off or makes a mistake in an important position. If he didn't, he'd be playing for a bigger club.

We're lucky to have him and should do everything we can to keep him.

We shouldn't assume he'd be easily replaced because players like him don't grow on trees.

I really hope he stays.

A lot of talk about mentality lately. He has it in spades. 

When we signed Damour I remember there were people saying he was an up grade on Haring and on paper he maybe was …………….. I do think there are probably potential up grades available but there is no guarantee how they will pan out 

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I can't think of anyone better suited to inspire and help the younger players progress more than Peter Haring.

He has come back from a horrendous injury, where it looked like he would perhaps not play again, and is producing superb performances nearly every week (including breaking up play, playing forward passes, even the odd goal and just generally looking dominant).

For me, keeping Haring would be much better than signing Bannan (or someone similar). Haring also 'gets' Hearts and seems to accept he may not even play every single week (im not sure supposedely more experienced and higher pedigree player would accept this).

Just cause you can’t think of anyone better, doesn’t mean there isn’t anyone better. You vastly overrate him in use of the word superb, he’s been very decent and combative, holds his own. But in terms of kicking on and trying to close the gap to the OF, and competing in Europe, better quality than Haring is needed.

I would hope to be getting someone in who has experience of the top level, in a top league or who has played in Europe etc. Haring is a good SPL squaddie but has his limits on where he can take us. Pretty much a laughable statement to even remotely consider him better than Barry Bannan, though as per above, we aren’t getting Bannan. But someone of that ilk?  I 1000% expect Robbie to be in the market for that irrespective of

Harinf staying or going. A Djoum type, experience, athleticism + quality. So that will push Haring 1 rung further down the pecking order. 

He stays, good SPL squaddie but either way i am expecting pedigree in that position

kingantti1874

Tremendous news if true. We won’t be able to sign 2/3 midfielders better than Peter. We need at least 2 and 3 if he leaves .

a true professional- won’t spit the dummy if he drops in and out on occasion. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug

His old club have qualified for ECL. May be a draw to get a last big contract there…

Auld Reekin'
23 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Make an offer he can't refuse

THE GODFATHER: A RESPONSE TO THE HORSE'S HEAD SCENE | clydecabanban

:whistling:

Just sign on the line Pete - you know it's the right decision! :thumbsup:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

HeartsandonlyHearts
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I like Peter, but hopefully we can sign better.

We’d all like to sign better.

Unfortunately not even Man City or Bayern always get to sign better.

Haring has been a great signing for Hearts.

I don’t know who scouted him or what they saw but it turned out to be a brilliant piece of business. I hope he stays.

Bazzas right boot

Haring has been good but imo we need a more dynamic midfielder to compliment Benni, Devlin and Haliday. 

A quicker, more attacking technical midfielder would be great. 

Hopefully if Haring isn't staying he bows out with another good performance at Hampden where I think he has played some of his best football for us. 

If he stays, great he will be more than useful. 

On 25/04/2022 at 15:33, briever said:

I am hoping for an announcement in the lead up to the final - a little boost for everyone.

Ahem 😀

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Haring has been good but imo we need a more dynamic midfielder to compliment Benni, Devlin and Haliday. 

A quicker, more attacking technical midfielder would be great. 

Hopefully if Haring isn't staying he bows out with another good performance at Hampden where I think he has played some of his best football for us. 

If he stays, great he will be more than useful. 

we will have a minimum of 11 extra fixtures next season and beni won’t be back towards nearer Christmas . I agree with you partially but we need more than one.. 

peter staying is massively important

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

we will have a minimum of 11 extra fixtures next season and beni won’t be back towards nearer Christmas . I agree with you partially but we need more than one.. 

I'd go with 2 centre mods if Haring leaves as well. 

I'm not sure it's massively important, I think we'll still improve with or without him. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 01/05/2022 at 18:26, Rocky jamboa said:

I presume Robbie sees beni and cammy as his first choice DM's, hence the delay over tying big Pete down. However, as we're seeing now, they won't play every game. 

Haring is a Rolls Royce of a player. So composed on the ball. With us needing a bigger squad next season, and hopefully in the future, plus with him able to cover at the back also, it's a no brainer for me to give him what he wants. 

I recall - or think I do - seeing Robbie quoted as having said to Haring "you have to sign now". Might have been after the semi-final. Or I might have imagined it. Anybody else?

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Just now, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

I recall - or think I do - seeing Robbie quoted as having said to Haring "you have to sign now". Might have been after the semi-final. Or I might have imagined it. Anybody else?

Nope 🙅 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree with you you keep Haring who you all ready know is a good player who performs in a Hearts shirt and you bring some one in who on paper should be better and you let them compete for the place in the team ……………… use Walkers place for the new guy and possibly McEneffs if he does not fancy staying 

22 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

We’d all like to sign better.

Unfortunately not even Man City or Bayern always get to sign better.

Haring has been a great signing for Hearts.

I don’t know who scouted him or what they saw but it turned out to be a brilliant piece of business. I hope he stays.

There's a few I'd like to see, but again, I like Peter, if he stays good, if he leaves I'll not have any restless nights. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Biggest argument to me for keeping Haring is that whatever shape we're in, Robbie's system depends on two CMs able to control the game, and it would be tough going into Europe with a new one who still has to learn the system. That said, Cammy and Beni figured it out pretty quickly.

I like Haring, I like his steadiness on the ball and his passing, but he sometimes drives me crazy when he switches off defensively. He's also quite slow for a midfielder. He was as much at fault as anyone for the Dundee loss at Tynecastle.

I think we are better off with him than without him and I am sure we've made him a reasonable contract offer. As I've said before I'd be very surprised if he makes a decision before the final.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd go with 2 centre mods if Haring leaves as well. 

I'm not sure it's massively important, I think we'll still improve with or without him. 

Haring leaves and beni is out till Christmas and we go into the europa or conference league with devlin and halliday as put on 2 recognised centre mids. ? I’m not counting McEneff. 

We need 2 IN ADDITION  to Pete staying.  BTW he is up there with one of the best CDM’s we’ve had in the last 15 years.  Outside of Glasgow he walks into every team in the league.  No idea where this notion that we could easily replace him comes from..  no matter where it comes from it’s not true. Guys like Pete are not readily available. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

so Haring leaves and beni is out till Christmas.

we go into the europa or conference league with devlin and halliday as put on 2 recognised centre mids. ? I’m not counting McEneff. 

If we need 2 in addition to Pete Staying. 

BTW he is up there with one of the best CDM’s we’ve had in the last 15 years.  Outside of Glasgow he walks into every team in the league.  No idea where this notion that we could easily replace him comes from..  no matter where it comes from it’s not true. Guys like Pete are usually available. 

If Haring leaves I am reasonably sure we'll spend a decent chunk of cash to get another CM in by June. There is no way we go into our UEL qualifier with Devlin and Haliday and no bench.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Haring leaves and beni is out till Christmas and we go into the europa or conference league with devlin and halliday as put on 2 recognised centre mids. ? I’m not counting McEneff. 

We need 2 IN ADDITION  to Pete staying.  BTW he is up there with one of the best CDM’s we’ve had in the last 15 years.  Outside of Glasgow he walks into every team in the league.  No idea where this notion that we could easily replace him comes from..  no matter where it comes from it’s not true. Guys like Pete are not readily available. 

Yeah, well need 4 5 centre mids. 

I'm unsure Haring is as good as you make out, but I like him and if he stays then it's a good thing. 

If he leaves, we will and can replace him with better. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

That's right, Robbie said this to a reporter after the game (think it was an Edinburgh Evening News article). You'd presume Haring wants to go back home to Austria and that's the challenge Hearts face at the moment.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Peter Haring (merged threads)
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nowhere of any significance!

It would cost decent cash to replace him and that would be better spent elsewhere having resigned him.

Neverforgetfiveone
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Make an offer he can't refuse

Watt-Zeefuik
19 minutes ago, deejtee said:

It would cost decent cash to replace him and that would be better spent elsewhere having resigned him.

The argument for finding a replacement is that we found Baningime and Devlin last season, both of whom are upgrades on Big Pete IMO.

It costs to replace him but it also costs to keep him.

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, deejtee said:

100%. easily a 500k player if we try and replace. If he was younger a lot more than that. If we are honest since his injury his mobility hinders him against the old firm.. but against everyone else in the league. ? There is no player outside of the old firm if trade for Pete.  Lewis Ferguson I’m sorry is industrial at best .. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

100%. easily a 500k player if we try and replace. If he was younger a lot more than that. If we are honest since his injury his mobility hinders him against the old firm.. but against everyone else in the league. ? There is no player outside of the old firm if trade for Pete.  Lewis Ferguson I’m sorry is industrial at best .. 

Funny we didn't pay 500k for Devlin or Baningime afaik.

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The argument for finding a replacement is that we found Baningime and Devlin last season, both of whom are upgrades on Big Pete IMO.

It costs to replace him but it also costs to keep him.

I would rather we kept Haring who we know performs well and replace one of the midfielders who don’t offer as much then you let the new guy compete with Haring and if he does not perform then you have not lost as much ……………. McEneff for example has not done as much as Haring so if we were able to replace him then that would be preferable assuming he wants to go and get more game time but even if he does not then we can use Damour and Walkers squad places and wages instead 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would rather we kept Haring who we know performs well and replace one of the midfielders who don’t offer as much then you let the new guy compete with Haring and if he does not perform then you have not lost as much ……………. McEneff for example has not done as much as Haring so if we were able to replace him then that would be preferable assuming he wants to go and get more game time but even if he does not then we can use Damour and Walkers squad places and wages instead 

I absolutely agree—I think it's better for Hearts if we keep Haring. I also think it's not worth breaking the bank on him or being hyperbolic about what it will cost to replace him.

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I absolutely agree—I think it's better for Hearts if we keep Haring. I also think it's not worth breaking the bank on him or being hyperbolic about what it will cost to replace him.

I agree with you on that 

Alec Eiffel

IMHO Beni and Devlin are the 2 starters in midfield with Halliday in reserve.  Much as I love Big Pete, I doubt he would be an automatic starter next season with a full compliment of fit players.

Still he is worth keeping in the group.

BelgeJambo
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Carried our midfield this season.

Mr. Reliable. 

He'll be hard to replace. Knows the league, great reader of the game, tall, strong, decent on the ball, chips in with a goal or two. 

This

His game management/positioning is better than Beni and Devlin in my opinion 

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

This

His game management/positioning is better than Beni and Devlin in my opinion 

Agreed. He's a very well rounded CDM. With Beni out, keeping Haring if at all possible is a must. 

Continuity is so important. 

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

but if we sold them how much do you think we’d be looking for.  A shit load more than £500k.

we may be able to find better.. far from guaranteed though isn’t it

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

My understanding is we bought out Beni’s contract. £8,000 a week x 52 weeks so £416,000. 
Devlin was an absolute steal, though. 

In an ideal world, Pete stays. Right now his form is better than Devlin’s and he should start the final. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)