Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

Watt-Zeefuik

I've had plenty of criticisms for Haring this season but McEneff gave him basically nothing in support and he held the fort admirably. They couldn't rattle him so the kicked him until Newell got sent.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Unknown user

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Agree, I love the guy and hope we can extend his stay at Hearts.  

I thought he was the best Hearts player in the second half. Was getting smashed everytime he tried to break out. No protection from the ref, gave it all.

Boyces beard

On his current form and if everyone was fit, Beni and Cammy would be competing with each other to see who plays along side Haring. The big man has been back to his best this last month and i would love him to sign a new deal. How ever with the ITK posters saying a CM will be a priority along with a CH and a ST it would seem the big man may want to be closer to home which would be a great loss for us. I have this feeling that if he was going to sign a new deal it would have done already, i would love to be way of the mark though.

RustyRightPeg
35 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

On his current form and if everyone was fit, Beni and Cammy would be competing with each other to see who plays along side Haring. The big man has been back to his best this last month and i would love him to sign a new deal. How ever with the ITK posters saying a CM will be a priority along with a CH and a ST it would seem the big man may want to be closer to home which would be a great loss for us. I have this feeling that if he was going to sign a new deal it would have done already, i would love to be way of the mark though.

The priority for a CM probably comes off the back of Beni not being available until 2023. That’s my hunch. 

I read that he was considering moving back closer to home, which you can’t grudge. He’s been a fantastic servant and I’d be sad to see him go if that was the case. 

TyphoonJambo

If he choses not to sign we need to make his last game at Tynie memorable for him. A great servant to the club.

Big Pete was immense today. Was at the heart of everything. Great control and vision in the middle of the park and rarely put a foot wrong albeit one or two passes askew. Would love for him to sign another contract as he absolutely strolled it today. Ginelly a close second for MOTM even though I’m not a fan of his but consistency is the key element here. Didn’t expect much today given we chopped and changed our starters but a pleasant surprise after going down by an early goal. 

Simply has to be persuaded to stay.

Not convinced McEneff is his ideal partner but thought Big Pete sitting with Woodburn and McKay doing the creative stuff worked an absolute treat today. 

Couple of guys in front of me at the game today mentioned big Pete has rejected the contract offer and talks are still on going.

Probably a lot of shite tbf.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Simply has to be persuaded to stay.

Not convinced McEneff is his ideal partner but thought Big Pete sitting with Woodburn and McKay doing the creative stuff worked an absolute treat today. 

He's absolutely ideal to hold down the spot until Beni comes back. I know he won't like being second string to him, but it's a long run in European football where he should be the second name on the team sheet if he's healthy and Beni isn't.

In the long run it'll be Devlin as his more forward partner but Woodburn showed today that he might be able to learn the CM trade too.

McEneff has been given chances. Best if he moves on IMO.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Couple of guys in front of me at the game today mentioned big Pete has rejected the contract offer and talks are still on going.

Probably a lot of shite tbf.

Unless you were sitting behind Robbie and Joe 😂

Naisys Tackle

For a player that was meant to come in to play as centre half the boy has been brilliant for us in midfield.  I really hope we can keep him but at the stage of career he's at I wouldn't grudge him moving closer to home doubling his wage, he more than deserves it.  Signing off with a cup winners medal would do. 

He's been a great servant for us, and for me the best thing about him is that he never hides. Even when he's off it a bit he still puts in a shift. A lot like Arnaud Djoum was in his time.

It’d be interesting to hear from Levein on his reasons for signing Big Pedro. Like how do you find a centre half from the reasonably obscure Austrian 2 division and then turn him into a central midfielder? Who recommended him etc. 

Hes been excellent for Hearts.

Glamorgan Jambo

When we stuttered in the Championship last season Levein went on air saying that Robbie needed to start picking Haring week in and week out. He did that and the whole ship steadied and we got over the line comfortably. The Shay Logan loan was also a good bit of business at the time and also the eventual return of Souttar.

Gorgie_Rules

Brilliant player and should be doing all we can to convince him to stay.

Don’t have any info but I have a feeling hes maybe wanting to move on for personal reasons. I doubt he’ll be short of offers from teams on the continent with the performances hes put in for us and could well be looking to move closer to home. Feel if he was going to sign it would have been done before now.

Hopefully a shot at regular European football can tempt him

Berra than you

I hope he resigns but ultimately won't grudge him a move closer to home if that's what he's after. 

Given he might not be recognised by many as a starter when everyone is fit, found it interesting to see that only Gordon and Kingsley have played more games than him this season. He's been vital and we should be doing all we can to tie him down.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I hope he resigns but ultimately won't grudge him a move closer to home if that's what he's after. 

Given he might not be recognised by many as a starter when everyone is fit, found it interesting to see that only Gordon and Kingsley have played more games than him this season. He's been vital and we should be doing all we can to tie him down.

It’s why the strength of squad is critical.

Rick Sanchez

Now that the group stages are cemented even a one year deal makes sense for him. Let's hope his missus understands and is up for postponing a return closer to home for a year.

No point in signing for any longer if that's the case.

I thought he was done last year but he's been tremendous since he came into the side and got some form and fitness. Would love to see him win the cup as some redemption for him being injured so badly on the back of the 2019 final. 

We need to show our appreciation of him on Saturday against Ross County.  A rousing chant of 'one Peter Haring...' and he'll probably sign-up at half time.

1 hour ago, droid said:

It’d be interesting to hear from Levein on his reasons for signing Big Pedro. Like how do you find a centre half from the reasonably obscure Austrian 2 division and then turn him into a central midfielder? Who recommended him etc. 

Was he not the last player to come in during that window, or was he even signed after the window closed on freedom of contract?  I certainly remember there wasn't much of a fanfare when he signed, seemed pretty low key, then he appears in midfield for his first match and it's like, where the hell did we find this guy?

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Now that the group stages are cemented even a one year deal makes sense for him. Let's hope his missus understands and is up for postponing a return closer to home for a year.

We will be here long after she is off the scene 😁

On that basis, he must stay! 😋

Really hope he stays on what with Beni out until Jan (sure I read that's the case), so will be guaranteed games. 

Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, droid said:

Haring was a MF in Austria who had also been playing centre back.  Levein didn't have to turn him into a MF.

I’d be very surprised if he stays on given the wait from both sides, us to offer and now him to accept.

He can’t say he hasn’t played this year as even though he hasn’t been first choice he has still started 23 games in all competitions and featured heavily in the others from the bench.

He will however be on a big wage as he signed it under Levein. We seem to have cut our cloth a little now in terms of player wages so wouldn’t be surprised if our offer is less than he’s currently on.

25 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’d be very surprised if he stays on given the wait from both sides, us to offer and now him to accept.

He can’t say he hasn’t played this year as even though he hasn’t been first choice he has still started 23 games in all competitions and featured heavily in the others from the bench.

He will however be on a big wage as he signed it under Levein. We seem to have cut our cloth a little now in terms of player wages so wouldn’t be surprised if our offer is less than he’s currently on.

Always about the money 💰 

Apologies if covered before, but his old team SV Ried play in the Austrian Cup Final tomorrow; if they win, they will have the same European position as us.

Pure speculation, but could that also contribute to the hold up?

On 25/04/2022 at 14:44, Rick Sanchez said:

He is looking for a three year deal.  That’s what’s causing the problem.  Been offered a one year deal with club having option of further year. 

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is looking for a three year deal.  That’s what’s causing the problem.  Been offered a one year deal with club having option of further year. 

Give it to him, wage depending obviously.

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Really seems a no brainer. Haring has been an absolute rock for us. Maybe they can meet in the middle with 2 years + the club having an option of a third? Can understand why he might not be keen on only a guaranteed 1 year.

I'd be extremely disappointed to lose him. He's effortlessly stepped in to fill the void left by Beni (and Devlin) at points over the season. 

grumpyespana

Sorry guys but I cannot see the love in for Peter he has never been the same since his injury, for the next level we need a more mobile midfielder like Devlin & Beni. I would offer him a one year deal just to fill up the squad for the challenge of europe thats all.

2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Sorry guys but I cannot see the love in for Peter he has never been the same since his injury, for the next level we need a more mobile midfielder like Devlin & Beni. I would offer him a one year deal just to fill up the squad for the challenge of europe thats all.

Yes and no. I would keep him but as a back up to Devlin and beni if fit

hearts attack

In my opinion Peter Haring is in the top six players currently at the club. He is an extremely hard worker and plays with a reasonable amount of aggression that we desperately need in the side. If we are to have a chance in the cup final he needs to be in the side.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s a bit of a stretch. Pity, because he is getting back to his best - thought he was great today.

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

That’s a bit of a stretch. Pity, because he is getting back to his best - thought he was great today.

He's 28 so it's not as if it's an unreasonable request, also he's very close to getting back to his best. Worth a three year deal, or maybe two with  an option for a further year,

heartsfc_fan

Did fine today in an otherwise low key game.

I think he's done enough to deserve an extension. Whether or not he'll accept it is another question.

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)