Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe waiting to see other offers. We would all do the same. 

Would we ? 🤔 

If he really wants to go home then fair enough. 

If he's hanging on for better offers he might end losing out. 

He's not that good we might end up moving on. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• jr ewing

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe waiting to see other offers. We would all do the same. 

Many of us would maybe not being  Hearts fans. But Haring is a professional football player who no doubt has some affection for Hearts but obviously has to make what he can in a short career.

As much as I like him and would like it if he stayed with us, I actually think we could potentially get someone better, someone younger, faster with same passing ability, I trust Savage, Robbie and the recruitment team to make the right call on this one.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Starting to not be arsed anymore tbh.

I've not been arsed from the start. 

If he stays, then like Halliday he adds to the squad but imo we need better options in midfield. 

Thank you and good luck. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

As much as I like him and would like it if he stayed with us, I actually think we could potentially get someone better, someone younger, faster with same passing ability, I trust Savage, Robbie and the recruitment team to make the right call on this one.

Agreed, also someone that carrys the ball forward would be good, in fact it's needed. 

Our midfield standard atm is Beni. 

Haring, McEneff, Halliday and Devlin all fall short of that at this moment. 

Imo quite a bit short. 

The former player chat is generally chronic but if Djoum was available for a year or two he'd be ideal. 

Surley there are guys of his ilk around.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

Would we ? 🤔 

Does remind me of the summer when djoum was out of contract and we hung on until august to see if would resign or not. For me he’s a back up when everyone else is fit

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Does remind me of the summer when djoum was out of contract and we hung on until august to see if would resign or not. For me he’s a back up when everyone else is fit

Beni and Devlin first choice when everyone fit I’d think. It is fairly important we get someone else in if Haring not staying though. Starting to feel like it’s time to move on. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Beni and Devlin first choice when everyone fit I’d think. It is fairly important we get someone else in if Haring not staying though. Starting to feel like it’s time to move on. 

Depends who we’re playing as they all bring something different to the table. 

Also think Pete a brilliant option to bring on once Benni and Cam have swarmed opponents into submission. 

PapaShango

I'm pretty sure our management will have a time frame that's been outlined to Haring on when we need to move on and let him go. I hope he stays, he is a great asset to have and will be vital with all the games that we are going to play. He would walk into any other side in the league out with the top 2. 

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

Would we ? 🤔 

I think this is spot on. JS and RN will want to know if they need to sign someone to replace him and the offer will not be on the table for too long before they withdraw it unless he makes his mind up soon.

Rick Sanchez
18 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Has he now left the club as his contract expired on the 31st of May?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/peter-haring/profil/spieler/195214

or have transfermarkt got it wrong? 

He'll be away on his holidays with no need to return as it stands. He's maybe already packing his stuff.

You'd imagine the club will publicly wish him well though.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He'll be away on his holidays with no need to return as it stands. He's maybe already packing his stuff.

You'd imagine the club will publicly wish him well though.

The thought did cross my mind today, that he maybe having a holiday first before deciding whether he accepts, hence the delay.

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If he stays, then like Halliday he adds to the squad but imo we need better options in midfield. 

Thank you and good luck. 

Where I'm at.

I like Pete, i do. Hope he stays. I think hes about as good a squad option as we could expect.

But agree we need to strive for better. If he stays great, if not... we move on. Lost far better players in the past.

15 hours ago, luckydug said:

Would we ? 🤔 

Don't think he’s wanting to go home. 

Glamorgan Jambo

I just checked and the Andy Irving departure was announced on June 22nd last year in case that’s a guide.

Edited by Glamorgan Jambo

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I just checked and the Andy Irving departure was announced on June 22nd last year in case that’s a guide.

We had to wait until then to announce it because Irving had been offered a deal but had a couple of weeks to consider it after expiry under the youth compensation rules. Haring will just be announced once a decision is finalised.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The thought did cross my mind today, that he maybe having a holiday first before deciding whether he accepts, hence the delay.

His only source of income (presumably) on the line and he’s having 2 weeks in Magaluf drinking watered down Sangria through some Geordie tramp’s scants and lighting his own farts ? Or is he just simply buying a bit more time hoping a better deal comes in and hoping he doesn’t have to stay in his Fountainbridge concrete box a minute longer ? 😉

Edited by JimmyCant

Spellczech
10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Thank you and good luck. 

He's lost some pace but we've lost Souttar. I'd love to see him play a run at CB at the start of next season....We already have Beni & Devlin as midfield ball-winners. This way we can get a new pacy creative midfielder into the middle. Could make us a very good team indeed...

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He's lost some pace but we've lost Souttar. I'd love to see him play a run at CB at the start of next season....We already have Beni & Devlin as midfield ball-winners. This way we can get a new pacy creative midfielder into the middle. Could make us a very good team indeed...

Possibly the problem here is he isn’t guaranteed a start in any position next season. He’s already 2nd choice in the midfield set up and he’d be back up centre half assuming we’re making signings in that area too. He’s great back up but looks to me like we might have a team he’d struggle to get into next season 

Spellczech
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Possibly the problem here is he isn’t guaranteed a start in any position next season. He’s already 2nd choice in the midfield set up and he’d be back up centre half assuming we’re making signings in that area too. He’s great back up but looks to me like we might have a team he’d struggle to get into next season 

You are probably right and the club is reasonably relaxed about his decision. Savage is focussed on outside signings, whilst Haring wants to see how they pan out before committing...

After the disappointment of not getting a fee for Souttar I'm kind of resigned to just letting the club do its thing. Not going to make a difference me moaning about us failing to generate fees for our best players...

part_time_jambo
19 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Many of us would maybe not being  Hearts fans. But Haring is a professional football player who no doubt has some affection for Hearts but obviously has to make what he can in a short career.

Because after he stops playing he can never earn a wage again?

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

That’s really not what he wrote or meant.

Fact is that most decent footballers making crazy money wont make crazy money after football. The odd few may make decent money as managers but not immediately.

56 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

True, but who the feck wants to actually work for a living.

Edited by ri Alban

amy johnson
On 03/06/2022 at 15:23, jr ewing said:

Don't think he’s wanting to go home. 

he has said on an interview that he does not want to go home yet, scottish football is very attractive 

Sign or bolt - pretty sure Savage Neilson know if he is staying or not and if they don't they want to tell him thanks but goodbye you've had plenty time to decide,big season ahead and if replacing Haring is one we need to move on 

1 hour ago, amy johnson said:

he has said on an interview that he does not want to go home yet, scottish football is very attractive 

So is he

Hope he re-signs as he's important to us especially with Beni out long term. Do think 2 year deal best tho as he'll become more of squad player by end of next season.

18 hours ago, rory78 said:

Sign or bolt - pretty sure Savage Neilson know if he is staying or not and if they don't they want to tell him thanks but goodbye you've had plenty time to decide,big season ahead and if replacing Haring is one we need to move on 

You would have to think that they are not going to hang about too long waiting for a decision. I think as you say they will either know his intetions or will set a dealine on him making up his mind.

Unknown user
On 03/06/2022 at 06:50, Bazzas right boot said:

Thank you and good luck. 

Halliday staying and Haring leaving is going the wrong way for me

KyleLafferty

Haring will be important for when we need to play Thursday/Sunday. He knows the Scottish game and he likes it here. Happy with him to stay but it’s dragging on a bit now.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Hope Haring has been offered more money 💰 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Not for me. 

As I see it, Halliday is a squad player and is happy to be just that. 

For our level we'll struggle to get folk that are happy to be  that and more than able to do a competent job when called upon. 

Haring, imo wants to be one of our first choice and is now in his peak. 

He'll want first team football and a contract that goes with that. 

If he stays- great, but if he leaves we will replace and imo Haring is not as good as Beni and we need a ball carry midfielder who box to box and imo  Haring is not that. 

Haliday staying improves our depth of squad, Haring leaving and getting another midfielder of the ilk described above in improves or first team And imo we badly need it. 

If Halliday signing over Haring to improve our starting 11 or even first 15 was a thing, I'd agree with you - but imo it's a bit different to that. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Hope Haring has been offered more money 💰 

Thought he’d been made a new final offer the last day or so?

If he's not going home and he likes it here in Scotland. 

Then what is the problem the only other teams that could afford him are Aberdeen or Hibs maybe Dundee Utd at a push. 

If he's looking for guaranteed first team football then it's bye bye I'm afraid. 👋

Howdy Doody Jambo

Harings agent must be in discussions with other club's, it's time to move on if he was committed for the next couple of years he would have renewed by now 

danka Pete wiedersehen 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Spellczech
17 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not for me. 

As I see it, Halliday is a squad player and is happy to be just that. 

For our level we'll struggle to get folk that are happy to be  that and more than able to do a competent job when called upon. 

Haring, imo wants to be one of our first choice and is now in his peak. 

He'll want first team football and a contract that goes with that. 

If he stays- great, but if he leaves we will replace and imo Haring is not as good as Beni and we need a ball carry midfielder who box to box and imo  Haring is not that. 

Haliday staying improves our depth of squad, Haring leaving and getting another midfielder of the ilk described above in improves or first team And imo we badly need it. 

If Halliday signing over Haring to improve our starting 11 or even first 15 was a thing, I'd agree with you - but imo it's a bit different to that. 

Halliday is happy because he is employed. Hearts took him when nobody else was interested and seem happy to let him do his social media work on the side...

I'd love to see Haring at CB - could be a very good footballing CB perhaps.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Halliday is happy because he is employed. Hearts took him when nobody else was interested and seem happy to let him do his social media work on the side...

IMO Halliday would play for every team regularly below us, you seem to be under valueing him or over estimating the quality of the top flight. 

Agree last part, but maybe he doesn't want to do that and it would be a punt as he's not played at centre half regularly for about 3/4 years at least. 

Nookie Bear

I get Halliday's media commitments don't sit right with most, including me, but he does seem to encourage a huge amount of disrespect on here in terms of his ability.

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

He played CB in a 3 against Brora and hasn’t since. That should let you know what RN thinks of him there.

On 03/06/2022 at 06:53, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed, also someone that carrys the ball forward would be good, in fact it's needed. 

Our midfield standard atm is Beni. 

Haring, McEneff, Halliday and Devlin all fall short of that at this moment. 

Imo quite a bit short. 

The former player chat is generally chronic but if Djoum was available for a year or two he'd be ideal. 

Surley there are guys of his ilk around.

Very harsh on Cam. Boy's a star.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Very harsh on Cam. Boy's a star.

Not for me, Devlin isn't as complete as Beni. 

He was showing more just before his injury, he seemed a bit more composed and lost a bit of the headless chicken routine as he was becoming better in possession, but imo Beni is the only player that borders on a complete midfielder. 

Beni probably edges it as best midfielder but I would put Haring ahead of Devlin. Be sad to see him go, great value for money so far.

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not for me, Devlin isn't as complete as Beni. 

He was showing more just before his injury, he seemed a bit more composed and lost a bit of the headless chicken routine as he was becoming better in possession, but imo Beni is the only player that borders on a complete midfielder. 

Completely different players, unfair to compare. Devlin is the engine room, wins it back and gives it to Beni who has a better passing range.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Completely different players, unfair to compare. Devlin is the engine room, wins it back and gives it to Beni who has a better passing range.

Unsure it's a  unfair comparison-they are both midfielders. However, I agree they are different players. 

Beni imo works just as hard as Devlin, he just does it differently. 

Running about daft is not want I want in a midfielder, they must have  quality and composure on the ball. 

My original point imo still stands, Beni is our nearest player to a complete midfielder and Haliday, Haring, Devlin who I all like and do have thier strengths also have big weakness in their midfield game. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Unsure it's a  unfair comparison-they are both midfielders. However, I agree they are different players. 

Beni imo works just as hard as Devlin, he just does it differently. 

Running about daft is not wNt I want in a midfielder, they must have  quality and composure on the ball. 

He's also much better on the ball. 

My original point imo still stands, Beni is our nearest player to a complete midfielder and Haliday, Haring, Devlin who I all like and do have thier strengths also have big weakness in their midfield game. 

Point I’m making is you wouldn’t compare Jordan Henderson to Thiago for example or Scott Brown with Rogic.

They play different roles within the middle of the pitch. 

Devlin gets a lot of stick on here. Statistically he was the best CDM in the league last year. He’s only going to get better.

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)