Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

A_A wehatethehibs
25 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Haring is a good and can be relied on, however we need better imo. 

His cross for the goal sums him up for me atm, when he has  plenty of time, he can pick out a pass. For me hibs defended that very poorly, they never closed either Hearts player at the edge of the box and  let big Pete pick his pass. He did so with a aplomb. 

Too often he's caught out in a game for me. He is very slow 

I'd like another player of Beni's ilk or better to be part of the main squad. 

Big Pete can fill in and I hope he stays as like Halliday he's a very good squad player for us. 

However, I think he'll want regular football and a bigger pay day. Imo we can get better if that's the case. 

I reckon Neilson will be looking for a Djoum type, internationalist class as we look toward Europe. 

Big Pete has been a top player for us but Robbie will be honest with him about the transfer plan and where he will fit, so will be up to him to accept that if he signs. That's been his role this season and he has played plenty of football but it's a gamble.  

He has spent a lot of time injured so, he will want to make the most out his next few years. I wonder if he might try his luck in League 1 down south if he's got any options. Just get that feeling he'll be offski. Some biggish teams down there.  The like of Derby County will be sniffing about needing a few squaddies on a budget. Sunderland, Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth all in there. And Barnsley, Derby, Peterborough all going down. Think they'd all take a player or 2 from this Hearts team if they had the chance, which is why it's good to have our top guys all tied down.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• jr ewing

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I reckon Neilson will be looking for a Djoum type, internationalist class as we look toward Europe. 

Big Pete has been a top player for us but Robbie will be honest with him about the transfer plan and where he will fit, so will be up to him to accept that if he signs. That's been his role this season and he has played plenty of football but it's a gamble.  

He has spent a lot of time injured so, he will want to make the most out his next few years. I wonder if he might try his luck in League 1 down south if he's got any options. Just get that feeling he'll be offski. Some biggish teams down there.  The like of Derby County will be sniffing about needing a few squaddies on a budget. Sunderland, Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth all in there. And Barnsley, Derby, Peterborough all going down. Think they'd all take a player or 2 from this Hearts team if they had the chance, which is why it's good to have our top guys all tied down.

All fair and agree 100%

Wonder how much is about appearance fees vs basic wage for the new contract. 

could see why we’d be coming to it from different places. 

upgotheheads

Part of me wants to see Haring re-sign, but if the reason he doesn't is because he can't be guaranteed a start ahead of Devlin and Benni when he's fit, and we are actually looking for someone like Djoum, then that's very encouraging.

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Agree with this. Great squad player and reliable when called upon. Sign him up but also sign better for next season - more games to play

I think the squad player chat does him a disservice - only Gordon and Kingsley have played more games for us this season.  With 5 subs now and european league football in the offing we need to think beyond a theoretical starting 11 that may never play together.

Midloth_Iain

Peter focussing on part 2 of destroying the Lochenders before discussing deal.

"Obviously the gaffer pulled me aside a couple of weeks ago and talked to me about my contract situation. We agreed that we will get the two derbies out of the way and then keep talking about it,” said the Austrian.

“I know what I've got at Hearts. He doesn't need to sell it to me. I know how big a club this is and how enjoyable it can be. I have to think about what I want in the future and then we will make a decision.

“I haven't thought too much about it so far. The season has gone well. It could be even better and that's the focus for now before anything else happens.”

Bazza in the E.E.N.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/peter-haring-reveals-his-thoughts-on-hearts-contract-offer-and-why-the-timescale-is-affected-by-hibs-derbies-3651752

Jambo in Bathgate
20 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think the squad player chat does him a disservice - only Gordon and Kingsley have played more games for us this season.  With 5 subs now and european league football in the offing we need to think beyond a theoretical starting 11 that may never play together.

This squad player thing is really rubbish. Every player has their part to play. You can only field 11 players at the start. All those who do not start and are brought on are there to make a difference to the team. We will need at least 4 more players for next season to compete at home and in Europe. 

Factuer Moi

In those first 20-25 minutes we were the better side had our own chances, all the talk about Haring having his pants etc , is BS.

They best make sure they can handle Pete on Saturday coming.

I've just got home today and seen the game on iPlayer and it seems to me Haring's performance yesterday has been rather overlooked . I'm not saying it was MOTM stuff but in the hand to hand combat with the Hibs Hitmen he was calm , assured , strong on the ball and did the simple things well in keeping possession.  He also wasn't scared to have a go at Beaton and the Hibs players when things got physical.

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I've just got home today and seen the game on iPlayer and it seems to me Haring's performance yesterday has been rather overlooked . I'm not saying it was MOTM stuff but in the hand to hand combat with the Hibs Hitmen he was calm , assured , strong on the ball and did the simple things well in keeping possession.  He also wasn't scared to have a go at Beaton and the Hibs players when things got physical.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. I like big Pete in our midfield, he's solid every week. 

I know he had a tough time when he first came back from injury but he's looking every bit as solid as he was before. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thought he was excellent yesterday. I like big Pete in our midfield, he's solid every week. 

I know he had a tough time when he first came back from injury but he's looking every bit as solid as he was before. 

:thumbsup:

Rick Sanchez

Pete said they agreed contract talks would wait until after the back to back derbies. Let them commence tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He played well against the most free flowing, Brazilian style, team in the league.

indianajones

I think he will stay. I seriously hope he does anyway. He adds something different and is a really good CM option for this league.

Scenes like Saturday will have an impact. Add in European football and i think he would severely regret not signing a two year extension. 

I am desperate to keep him tbh. He’s proven quality & a natural leader in the middle, he’s not our best player in his position any more but he’s been so dependable this season & streets ahead of most of the league. We’ll need these kind of players with our European fixture congestion.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My lasting memory was giving Porteous et al the go jog on hand gesture when they were complaining about our shitehousery near the end. Love the guy, hard as nails in his own composed way and loves when it gets nasty. Deffo a keeper. Get him signed up. 

Fantastic performance and had to put up with some shocking tackles on him!

Make him a good offer, he is much more than a squad player.

We'll continue to have injuries in midfield with a congested fixture list until November. Haring will get plenty runouts if he stays. He's a great player for us and always dependable. Hope he re-signs.

Every team needs a Peter haring. Amazing how reliable and dependable he has been after all the injury problems. 

Deserves a new deal. 

Imo if he doesn't sign a new contract it's not a football decision.  He may want to return to his homeland.  From a football perspective, next season is looking fantastic for us and I can't see him moving to a bigger or more competitive club.

45 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Imo if he doesn't sign a new contract it's not a football decision.  He may want to return to his homeland.  From a football perspective, next season is looking fantastic for us and I can't see him moving to a bigger or more competitive club.

I'm not sure about that Doug.

We are in a cup final and if he's not selected that could be a clue that he's not going to be a leading choice next season especially with Baningime coming back into the frame and any possible new signing for competition.  I don't think he'd want to stay if he was not guaranted reasonable game time.

Love big Peter. I agree that he is undervalued by some. He does the simple stuff well and can also pick a pass. He was our midfield on Saturday and took a fair bit of stick from big physical Hibs. I said before and stand by that he is more of a priority to sign up than Halliday was. I hope it will be the case.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure about that Doug.

We are in a cup final and if he's not selected that could be a clue that he's not going to be a leading choice next season especially with Baningime coming back into the frame and any possible new signing for competition.  I don't think he'd want to stay if he was not guaranted reasonable game time.

He will 100% start the final (barring an injury). 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

He will 100% start the final (barring an injury). 

Or unless a miracle healer somehow gets Beni's leg instantly back to health.

If Haring and Devlin are healthy, that's our midfield. Not even an open question.

12 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

100%
At the game the tension and frantic nature of, especially, the second half I didn't register that it was Haring who time after time emerged with the ball, offered up as a passing option and found the next man. With Halliday carrying injury and McEneff much less involved it was Haring keeping Hearts positive in midfield. With a gk as captain it's really important to have someone in the referee's ear and he does this well. You done well big Peter 🙂

Jamstomorrow

I hope he stays and plays for Hearts in Europe.   I suppose if he decides to go back and play for an Austrian team, he will play in Europe every week.  :)

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

100%
At the game the tension and frantic nature of, especially, the second half I didn't register that it was Haring who time after time emerged with the ball, offered up as a passing option and found the next man. With Halliday carrying injury and McEneff much less involved it was Haring keeping Hearts positive in midfield. With a gk as captain it's really important to have someone in the referee's ear and he does this well. You done well big Peter 🙂

What I missed watching live, I saw watching the replay: Haring running around the midfield like a good'n.  He was getting in their faces and cutting of attacks.  He may have lost some top speed but not his engine.  I believe he compliments Beni & Skippy.

2 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Was there not a recent article saying he was waiting until after the two derbies? Hopefully we hear positive news soon.

I read that, too.  His service to Hearts through the shit years has to be rewarded by playing for us in Europe. 

8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

100%

Correct. Peter was excellent on Saturday. Along with the two Craigs, Stephen Kingsley and Ellis, he was one of our top men. It would be great to get him signed up again for next season and beyond.

Diadora Van Basten

Another unsung hero performance from Haring at the weekend. Took some awful punishment from Hibs thugs and stood up and never gave an inch.

6 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Love big Peter. I agree that he is undervalued by some. He does the simple stuff well and can also pick a pass. He was our midfield on Saturday and took a fair bit of stick from big physical Hibs. I said before and stand by that he is more of a priority to sign up than Halliday was. I hope it will be the case.

Do you mean thuggish Vermin?

Outstanding player. Would like to see him given a chance to become one of our first choice centre halves if he won't get as much game time in centre mid.

Haring has been very good these last few weeks with Beni and Devlin out injured.  Made us appreciate having him.  The fact that he struggles to get a start when everyone is fit says more about the improving quality of our team.

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Do you mean thuggish Vermin?

No not vermin, but thuggish yes. They were out of order but Beaton took too long to clamp down on it. However even once he had, they still continued.

23 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Haring has been very good these last few weeks with Beni and Devlin out injured.  Made us appreciate having him.  The fact that he struggles to get a start when everyone is fit says more about the improving quality of our team.

I think that could be the main factor stalling his decision.  The remaining 6 games could give him a clue one way or the other.

Neverforgetfiveone

I suppose it’s all down to him really, he’s been offered a deal to stay. Probably won’t be down to the money. 

He’s in his late 20’s now and probably thinking about a few things. Most importantly for him is if he is going to play or not. If we sign another good midfielder then he’s probably thinking that he is 4th choice behind the new guy, Beni and Devlin?

I hope he stays though because he can do a job for us, play him in the games after European nights! 

Haring has been good recently and shows how valuable he can be. I think everyone bar one or two need to realise that next season especially is going to be a squad game with the amount of games we are going to play. Can Haring play at a higher level than Hearts? He's 28 so big decision for him if he looks to go somewhere to earn some extra money or play in Europe with the chance of cup success at Hearts. He's another important player and offers something different to Devlin and Beni. He's also useful in set piece situations in both boxes. 

Chillidigits
12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Haring has been good recently and shows how valuable he can be. I think everyone bar one or two need to realise that next season especially is going to be a squad game with the amount of games we are going to play. Can Haring play at a higher level than Hearts? He's 28 so big decision for him if he looks to go somewhere to earn some extra money or play in Europe with the chance of cup success at Hearts. He's another important player and offers something different to Devlin and Beni. He's also useful in set piece situations in both boxes. 

Add to that the ability to fill in at centre of defence if need be. A very handy guy to have in your squad. Hope he stays.

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

I suppose it’s all down to him really, he’s been offered a deal to stay. Probably won’t be down to the money. 

He’s in his late 20’s now and probably thinking about a few things. Most importantly for him is if he is going to play or not. If we sign another good midfielder then he’s probably thinking that he is 4th choice behind the new guy, Beni and Devlin?

I hope he stays though because he can do a job for us, play him in the games after European nights! 

Might well be his last chance of playing European football. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Would like him to stay. Has he slowed down much since before his injury? Can't remember him ever being the fastest.

He did score more though, but mostly headers and our corners now have mostly been poor.

Still time to add to his tally a winner against sevco in the final :)

Unknown user

It's good to see him getting the respect he deserves. We have quite a few now but for a while it seemed like he was the only one in our team who knew how to protect the ball

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's good to see him getting the respect he deserves. We have quite a few now but for a while it seemed like he was the only one in our team who knew how to protect the ball

Agree, I love the guy and hope we can extend his stay at Hearts.  

I will be really disappointed with Peter if he decides to move on. I can see him getting plenty of game time next season with the added European games while still trying to maintain our league position. He would walk into the first team of at least half of the SPL so why wouldn't he stay with us with Europe as an added bonus? Suppose it will all boil down to how much we offer him and whether he can get an overall better package of money -v- games elsewhere. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)