Peter Haring signs new contract (merged threads)

Diadora Van Basten

On 06/06/2022 at 13:00, JimmyCant said:

Ahead of McGregor and Lundstrum ? I’d love to see that list

Depends on the metric but averaged 5 turnovers a game which is top of the league. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Watt-Zeefuik

• jr ewing

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not sure a midfield of 2 Benis would be worse than Haring and Devlin. 

Opinions tho. 

I like Haring, Halliday and Devlin. They all bring something to the team but v better players they simply aren't good enough as imo their weaknesses are exposed. 

We won't be giving the OF sleepless nights using them for half a season, that's for sure. 

I'm hopeful we get a good midfielder in over the summer and imo Beni is the standard to match or better. 

Not easy. 

We are probably agreeing. I wouldn’t be a fan of all 3 in the midfield and if faced with the choice of those 3 or 3 Beni's I would go the latter.  My main point is that we need a better blend. And as you said, the other types of mid need to be of Beni standard. 

Good news. An important signing as Pete came in from the cold last season, did really well and deserves the new contract. Perhaps the contract length reflective of midfield incoming. 

joondalupjambo

Good option for both club and player.  Offers us great option with Beni out for a while and Thursday / Sunday football.  Offers Pete an opportunity to leave at 30 and try and secure a three year deal elsewhere if he can.  Pleased, like him and never lets us down.

N Lincs Jambo

Very happy at this news. He has hardly ever let us down and gives us a reliable player in both defence and midfield for next season.

Holyrood_Hearts

Delighted with the news. With us needing so many new players for next season I’m delighted he’s sticking around.

PhoenixHearts

No matter what types of exciting signings we might hope to make this summer, keeping Haring could prove to be one of the most important bits of business for us. 

I know many people think there's some dead wood in the squad that we could do with moving on, but we've just come off our best season in god knows how many years so maintaining the bulk of that 2021-22 squad is of the utmost importance.

Names like GMS, Gino and McEneff get bandied about for players needing moved on and perhaps there's some truth to it, but Haring is not in that category.

We ran with a light squad of only 21 players, which we need to expand for out impending fixture congestion. But we've already lost Souttar, Simms, Cochrane, Moore and Woodburn. 

We've lost Beni for the rest of 2022 too, so to have lost Haring would have left us with almost a whole new midfield to build, with only Cammy and some squad fillers as our engine room.

The centre of the park is an area where you need to build consistency and continuity.

Some say we need to look for better than Haring if we're to progress as a team. Absolutely we do, but the best way forward is to look for that improvement whilst retaining his services in the meantime... You can't fix the ceiling if you don't have a floor to stand on.

Keeping as many of last seasons squad whilst trying to find that new and improved blood to upgrade it is the way forward. Complete one in one out overhauls window after window are a thing of the past hopefully.

Haring sticking around gives us that consistency, continuity, experience, familiarity, reliability and squad depth.

Watt-Zeefuik

I think Cammy is going to take a step forward next season, particularly improving with the ball at his feet.

I'd rather have Beni in but the combo of Cammy and Haring is good.

i wish jj was my dad

Splendid news. Big Pete was immense again. A proper stabiliser. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given Beni's long term injury, this is excellent news.

Now, can we ask Pete to demonstrate the composure he shows in gruesome games to the rest of the squad? He always stands out in those games because he's not scared of the ball.

It's a very shrewd peice of business by the club getting him tied down for at least another season, we know that he can cut it and is easily a top 4 team player in this league, we still however need a quality attacking box to box midfielder on top of this signing though.

tiger Rudi

Good player and a short deal gives him options to find a better long term deal at the end of the year. Puts himself in the shop window in Europe and he might land himself something that will set him up for the rest of his career. I wouldn't grudge him a penny, great servant for Hearts and hardly cost us much did he. Great bit of business getting him in the first place and glad he's re-signed 👍. Hoping he gets a starting slot, we missed him when he was out injured.