***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi Final Thread *****

The Bannon Flick

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Attack them from the off. Get Mackay on the ball and score early and Hibs will fold. Wind the thug up something rotten and he will lose the plot. 
Beaton doesn’t like them anymore as he does us so god only knows how he will referee - and there is the elephant in the room right there. Referees .

About my only concern.  Look at how flukey hibs were in qf. It can happen.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

15 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Would you not use the pace of Gino at hampden instead of Halliday ? 
He was a game changer in the final 

👍

19 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Comical article , even better some of the deluded comments 

“ nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal “  apparently lol 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/tam-mcmanus-fears-hibs-could-23665211?fbclid=IwAR1r30TW3mWz9HS2ys_BR-EvHxW7keXvnt8u6eF82Jie4CFys-Y5JNjJ2SA

They were wounded before the derby last weekend - they haven't won in ages. 

Beat them at the weekend and the animal is dead and buried. Season over for them.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, 151 said:

They were wounded before the derby last weekend - they haven't won in ages. 

Beat them at the weekend and the animal is dead and buried. Season over for them.

Here’s hoping 🤞 

20 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/tam-mcmanus-fears-hibs-could-23665211?fbclid=IwAR1r30TW3mWz9HS2ys_BR-EvHxW7keXvnt8u6eF82Jie4CFys-Y5JNjJ2SA

He told the Daily Record: "There are ways to get beat in a derby. Yes, you could get beat 3-1 and have a go in the second half but Hibs just totally chucked it.

"There are ways to get beat. You can have a go and get beat four or 5-1 but at least you have had a go to get back in the game.

"Hibs seemed to settle for it and that's nowhere near good enough."

Knows a lot about the different ways to get beat in a derby to be fair

58 minutes ago, Buccobruce said:

The unseen hand of RP?

Case to be heard early next year I expect there is still a back log at the courts

Ginnelly hasn’t done anything to warrant a start in a semi against Hibs at Hampden. He’s flattered to deceive for weeks now. 

Ex member of the SaS
20 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Weir goes one better:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-club-legend-fans-have-every-right-not-to-buy-tickets-for-hearts-semi-final-3651635

Excuses to not buy tickets and getting excuses in early.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Lol “ Hibs fans demand  so much from the team. “ 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sounds like he is resigned to there being a poor turn out to witness a proper spanking. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Sounds like he is resigned to there being a poor turn out to witness a proper spanking. 

A rarity ? A realistic Hobbo 

Edited by JamesM48

49 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And if they don't get it, they don't show up. Concession ticket in the bin.

Look at our attendances through some truly dire times the last 10 years. All while managing just fine to "demand".

We're very different clubs.

FoH forever

Wouldn't start Gino, understand why some may want this but I've thought he's been disappointing for awhile. 

Often runs with the ball, slows up to try and beat a defender, looses it cheaply then either gives away a foul or looks for ref to give a foul when there's nothing there. 

For all the way Hibs "controlled" the first 20-30 last week, thought the main thing that changed the game was the way the crowd lifted when, can't remember which came first, Halliday and Boyce put in an actual challenge within a few minutes of each other. 

Even after last weekend, need to be on it 100% from the start as I've seen this game was always the more important one of the two. 

Gino hasn’t done nearly enough to justify a start. Would 100% like to see him come off the bench to stretch their defence in the last 20 minutes. 

I am confident we will beat them.

Only worry is our away form is not and never is as good as our home form.

Luckily the wee team can't buy a win just now.

Think it will be closer than most people think and hopefully hopefully Robbie does not tinker for the sake of it.

If we are in control go for their throats.

Scott Leitch
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Ginnelly hasn’t done anything to warrant a start in a semi against Hibs at Hampden. He’s flattered to deceive for weeks now. 

Exactly. 

Talk of dropping Halliday after last week for him is nonsense. I even seen someone on Facebook saying Ginnelly should start ahead of Boyce!

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Firmly with my tin hat on but I really don’t rate Gino, if he was to leave in the summer he wouldn’t be missed. His decision making is inconsistent at best, he doesn’t score enough when he does get into good positions and his work rate can be questionable at times. I really want him to be good but I’m always left a bit disappointed when he does make an appearance.

HeartsandonlyHearts

I can’t wait for Saturday. I have about 8 neighbors coming over to watch the game. 
Trip to Dunkin Donut around 6am. Donuts, bagels and a box of Joe. 
Bloody Mary bar will be set up too.

I am really up for this. Any word yet on if Hearts World will be showing it?

HHGH

BRAVEHEART1874

Agree with above ginelly posts but would go further and say come on later but only down the right side if sibbick or atkinson are not getting decent balls in the box 

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Firmly with my tin hat on but I really don’t rate Gino, if he was to leave in the summer he wouldn’t be missed. His decision making is inconsistent at best, he doesn’t score enough when he does get into good positions and his work rate can be questionable at times. I really want him to be good but I’m always left a bit disappointed when he does make an appearance.

Knocks the ball by the defender

Runs fast up defenders ankles

Foul given to opposition 

Rinse and repeat

He really has no dribbling skills

Cant cross a ball

Now go out and make me eat my words

Rick Sanchez

I like the idea of Halliday as a left winger, similar to the Auchinleck game. It keeps them guessing and the potential to mix it up or change it.

Gordon

Atkinson

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Haring

Devlin

McKay

Boyce

Halliday

Simms

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I like the idea of Halliday as a left winger, similar to the Auchinleck game. It keeps them guessing and the potential to mix it up or change it.

Gordon

Atkinson

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Haring

Devlin

McKay

Boyce

Halliday

Simms

That’s a pretty good team right there.

Hard to believe we’re missing Smith, Souttar and Beni and still look decent. Even Sibbick, who’s been starting. Onwards and upwards.

7 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Knocks the ball by the defender

Runs fast up defenders ankles

Foul given to opposition 

Rinse and repeat

He really has no dribbling skills

Cant cross a ball

Now go out and make me eat my words

Accurate description. I’d love him to prove us wrong but then I’ve been hoping for that all season. GMS gets the flak but he offers more than Gino.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Haring

Devlin

McKay

Boyce

Halliday

Simms

That’s my team to be honest.

Hearts have played Hibs more than any other side in the Scottish Cup, a total of 37 times before this weekend.  Unsurprisingly, they're also the team we have the most Scottish Cup wins against. Have won 16, drawn 9 and lost 12. 

When it comes to Scottish Cup games at neutral venues, Hibs are our third most regular opponent after Rangers (12) and Celtic (11).  Played Hibs 7 times at a neutral venue, winning 5, drawing 1 and losing 1.

And when it comes to Scottish Cup games specifically at Hampden, our record is 3 wins from 3 games.  5-1, 4-0 and 2-1 aet.  Let's add to that this weekend!!!!

Totally get the calls for Gino (I like him). The only way I'd play him in this game would be through the middle so we have him AND Simmy running in behind their "don't like it played behind them defence".  But then how we fitting Boyce and Bazza into that. It's a total reshape and I think our balance, be it 4 or 3 at back is good at the moment.

Wouldn't change a thing possibly other than Dev for Halliday if Cam showing up well at training.

Ps, as I typed that, my autocorrect went for "showing upNewell" haha. That'll do!!!!!

Rick Sanchez
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That’s my team to be honest.

I'd be asking Ginnelly for a cup final type desire if he comes on as a sub. He needs to start showing something or he'll be back at Walsall soon enough.

What's the weather forecast? According to my app it could be pretty good for our game but bucketing down for the OF.

No Idle Talk

It's hard to know whether Cammy Devlin should start this match or not. Only people within the club will know that. 

If Devlin does start, I am not in favour of dropping Aaron McEneff in order to shoehorn Halliday in as a left winger or to give Josh Ginnelly a start. Halliday is rubbish as a winger and Ginnelly doesn't deserve to start. He's been hopeless lately. I can see why people would want to play him on a big wide pitch like Hampden but I still wouldn't start him. McEneff has plenty of legs and will get around the pitch no bother. I actually think he is a real goal threat tomorrow. 

There is one thing giving me the fear about Saturday and that is the level of expectation among the fans (including myself).

No matter what happens during the game we MUST stick with the team.

If Hibs get lucky and pinch another early goal then it is vital we continue to support the team as loudly and passionately as we can, even if things aren't going our way for a spell

Ticket sales will count for nothing if they silence us so I am begging every Hearts fan to get right behind the team from the first minute to the last.

Lets get Hampden rocking

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's the weather forecast? According to my app it could be pretty good for our game but bucketing down for the OF.

Hope so. 😁🇱🇻

3 hours ago, Homme said:

I don't think Gino should start. Let him come on and stretch the game towards the end. 

Hopefully not before the 95th minute. 

CloustonHMFC
14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's hard to know whether Cammy Devlin should start this match or not. Only people within the club will know that. 

If Devlin does start, I am not in favour of dropping Aaron McEneff in order to shoehorn Halliday in as a left winger or to give Josh Ginnelly a start. Halliday is rubbish as a winger and Ginnelly doesn't deserve to start. He's been hopeless lately. I can see why people would want to play him on a big wide pitch like Hampden but I still wouldn't start him. McEneff has plenty of legs and will get around the pitch no bother. I actually think he is a real goal threat tomorrow. 

Mceneff wouldn’t be dropped because he never started last game. 

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Agreed, waste of a jersey.  So many other wingers around that would contribute more. Suspect that’s why we are interested, supposedly, in RCC and Forrest. 

22 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Halliday was excellent on left of attack against Auchinleck.  It’s the same standard of opposition this weekend so I think he would be fine there 

The only change I would consider making is someone more attacking in for Sibbick and go to a back 4. GMS offers far more than Ginnelly and Woodburn. I wouldn’t start Devlin for this one either.

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Halliday

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

The only change I would consider making is someone more attacking in for Sibbick and go to a back 4. GMS offers far more than Ginnelly and Woodburn. I wouldn’t start Devlin for this one either.

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Halliday

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

Thought about this too but there are a lot of benefits to 343 and having Sibbick at rcb. He's quick. One thing hibs have a wee bit of is pace. He snuffed out Myeller and Melkerson in that dept a few times.

343 also allows Kingsley to step up the pitch way more, which is great, as well as giving Natty a lot more licence to play high up the pitch. He's basically a winger in this line up.

So even having one less "attacking" player on the pitch, it does perhaps have more attacking or game control benefits.

And that's from me who saw the team on Sat and had a wee moan on here that I'd like more attacking players on the pitch!

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Thought about this too but there are a lot of benefits to 343 and having Sibbick at rcb. He's quick. One thing hibs have a wee bit of is pace. He snuffed out Myeller and Melkerson in that dept a few times.

343 also allows Kingsley to step up the pitch way more, which is great, as well as giving Natty a lot more licence to play high up the pitch. He's basically a winger in this line up.

So even having one less "attacking" player on the pitch, it does perhaps have more attacking or game control benefits.

And that's from me who saw the team on Sat and had a wee moan on here that I'd like more attacking players on the pitch!

I do agree with all points. Kingsley especially is such an attacking threat. Either way I’d be happy and I’m pretty confident of a win.

Sibbick will be fine. Had an awful start to the game last week but then so did most. 

Played perfectly fine after the full team calmed down.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I do agree with all points. Kingsley especially is such an attacking threat. Either way I’d be happy and I’m pretty confident of a win.

Yeah me too. Actually need to reign the confidence in a bit I reckon! Nerves picking up now!!

No Idle Talk
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Halliday was excellent on left of attack against Auchinleck.  It’s the same standard of opposition this weekend so I think he would be fine there 

Haha 🙂

No Idle Talk
51 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Mceneff wouldn’t be dropped because he never started last game. 

You're right.

I am making the assumption that we will go back to 4-2-3-1 this week. I feel like Robbie switched formation last week so Hibs couldn't get a feel for playing against our 4-2-3-1. But given how last week went he might decide to go with the back three again. 

Gordon

Akka Halkett Kingsley Cochrane 

Haring Devlin

GMS Boyce McKay

Simms

Halliday for Devlin if need be. 

Honestly the only worry I have for this game is the ref. I know people will say if we do our job then the referee doesn’t matter but just look at ER earlier in the season. The referee never just had an affect on the outcome, he decided that day that there was no way Hearts were getting a win.

Corrupt, incompetent whatever it was. Another performance like Don Robertson and we will be struggling. 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah me too. Actually need to reign the confidence in a bit I reckon! Nerves picking up now!!

Only thing that can go wrong is if we get a player sent off or we miss all our chances and have one of those days. 

Generally those types of days don't happen v hibs.

Stay confident. 😁

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, FoH forever said:

Wouldn't start Gino, understand why some may want this but I've thought he's been disappointing for awhile. 

Often runs with the ball, slows up to try and beat a defender, looses it cheaply then either gives away a foul or looks for ref to give a foul when there's nothing there. 

For all the way Hibs "controlled" the first 20-30 last week, thought the main thing that changed the game was the way the crowd lifted when, can't remember which came first, Halliday and Boyce put in an actual challenge within a few minutes of each other. 

Even after last weekend, need to be on it 100% from the start as I've seen this game was always the more important one of the two. 

Yip. 100% proffesional pse. Lets be honest, the first 20 mins last weekend were quite concerning. 

Wouldnt have Gino on unless 1 up and looking to kill it. Halliday deserves a runout but will struggle to last 90 mins at Hampden.

They will be desperate to crock BM in a 50/50 asap.

PH could be big player in this one .

Ignore the papers, new game, new ref, new venue. Lets go for it and dont drop the guard.

Big payday here means total focus reqd.