***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi Final Thread *****

The Bannon Flick

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

How is he unfit ? 

He was injured on Saturday. 

Not sure how he is now, but possibly carrying a knock/sprain of some sort.

Edited by SUTOL

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

12 hours ago, leginten said:

No idea what their total is, but I’m willing to bet that (like their ER attendance figures) it’s a lot less than the 15,000 that’s being put about. Unfortunately for them, the Easter holidays and the fact they’d have to pay the SFA mean that the usual home game tactic of bombarding schools with hundreds of unwanted tickets won’t work this time.

I’m anticipating that their end will be a lot emptier than it was in 2006. Embarrassing, tinpot club.

100% spot on.  They can't lie about their attendance this time, as they owe the SFA the cash for the tickets.

Two Hibbies at my work, who are unconnected have both said to me that they have bought tickets and are not going now.  They will be lucky to get 7-8k in the ground on the day.  

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

He was injured on Saturday. 

Not sure how he is now, but possibly carrying a knock/sprain of some sort.

I thought I read he came off as a precaution and would be fine 🤷🏻‍♂️  

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

100% spot on.  They can't lie about their attendance this time, as they owe the SFA the cash for the tickets.

Two Hibbies at my work, who are unconnected have both said to me that they have bought tickets and are not going now.  They will be lucky to get 7-8k in the ground on the day.  

Big team big crowd, etc etc.

Absolute Scenes
36 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

True, but we still had to put them in their place. That’s the important fact. Remember all their parties that backfired. We should party like fcuk when result is beyond doubt. Doesn’t stop us giving it tight. We don’t won’t to be dragged down to their level. Like their management team celebrating (I know they don’t score many)when the early goal came. 

We aren’t Hibs, end of

Neverforgetfiveone
12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the first 25 minutes I was very agitated and nervous. We simply can’t do that again. Flip side is the following 65 minutes we absolutely steamrolled them.

We won’t be complacent. It’s no longer in our make up

Also, Saturday wasn’t the first time this season where we’ve been slow in the first half and then came out flying in the second half… even if we hadn’t scored late in the first half I was convinced we would be a hell of a lot better in the second half! And we were!

Absolute Scenes

We need to start the game solid. Hibs will be desperate to try and make up for it. We need to prevent what happened in that first half happening again. Start fast and absolutely punish them lads

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Neilson has already said Halliday should be fine for Saturday. Was in the evening news 

15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He was limping after the match. 

Probably will be fine for Saturday. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Seeing some of our support with beach balls and palm trees 🌴 before KO was too much Hibee! Partying before the final whistle is not the Hearts way or until it’s beyond doubt. 

It's a tradition. After European football has been secured, the beachballs come out for the rest of the season.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Craig

Akka Halks Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring 

McKay Boyce Halliday 

Simms

Keep em guessing. Flexible formation that can become a 343 or even a 433 if needed. Only one change in personnel from Saturday. All depending on fitness of course

This for me - minor tweak and perfect balance given last weeks result and performance 

Plus this formation has seen us start games better since we went back to it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This for me - minor tweak and perfect balance given last weeks result and performance 

Plus this formation has seen us start games better since we went back to it.

toby dropped ?? Big decision that one as he had a cracking game after 25 minutes (along with most) but have to say looks a strong line up. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I get the sentiment to not drop Halliday, but I think it's really misplaced. He took his goals really well but we got a bit overrun in midfield at times, particularly in the first half. Then he went out with a bit of a gimpy Achilles.

4-2-3-1

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane or Atkinson Smith Halkett Kingsley

(or maybe even Smith Halkett Kingsley Atkinson)

Then Devlin and Haring in the mid, McKay, GMS, Boyce, and Simms in the front.

Halliday is perfect to throw in off the bench in this game, as is Gino.

Brick Tamland

If we score early on they will collapse like cheap deckchairs and a proper shoeing could be on the cards. 
If they score first they won’t take much confidence from it because of Saturday and we will bounce back and do them again. 
They are H1b5, they gave rise to the now commonly used derogatory term of Hibsed it, it’s what they do.
The players have no confidence in their manager, their system or each other, the glass throwing ned will be back and will get sent off, their fans will be outnumbered and outsung by the Gorgie faithful. 
We, on the other hand, will be full of confidence, have secured 3rd, are a fully united squad, trust each other and the manager, man for man have better players, are a better team, play better football and have just given them a lesson on how to win a derby, our players, management and back room staff will be up for it, we the fans will be up for it, and I know  they say in derbies that form goes out the window, but on this occasion it won’t, so on Saturday 16th April gorgie rules will apply and H1b5 will be in their beds and we’ll be having a party. 

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane

Boyce         McKay

Simms

2-1 Hearts

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

How is he unfit ? 

Open your eyes he covers the least ground than every other player except MAYBE Craig Gordon and his work rate is nonexistent and he’s as slow as a one legged pony. But fare play to him on Saturday with his 2 well taken goals.

Wondering if anyone can do me a massive favour, I'm travelling down to the game by train from the Highlands but obviously the tickets have to be collected from Tynecastle. Desperate to make the game and would be devastated if I have to cancel.

Is it possible that someone on here from Edinburgh could pick them up and meet me at Hampden? There will be some compo for the inconvenience don't worry  :D

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Open your eyes he covers the least ground than every other player except MAYBE Craig Gordon and his work rate is nonexistent and he’s as slow as a one legged pony. But fare play to him on Saturday with his 2 well taken goals.

you have a very unhealthy vendetta. Always sticking the boot into AH. You must of been in tears when he scored his brace v hibs.  If he scores in the semi you’ll be in some turmoil. Oooooft

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What a special level of bitterness. 

I'll trust Robbie to get it right, again. 

Alec Eiffel

What's with all this "Halks" malarky?  

Start with Devlin and Haring and use Halliday & McEnuff from the bench.  No other change except to get the starting intensity a tad higher than on Saturday.

FC Wacker München
10 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Agree - I actually think Rangers will some his beat Celtic. Somehow 

Anyone thinking this is a walk over just speak to a Hibs fan and ask them what they thought before the last semi. Most felt they just had to turn up.

Lets not fall into that trap. 

What do you care?

You no longer support Hearts.

Should the unthinkable happen for the rest of us come Saturday, rest assured we’ll all be subjected to your anti Hearts, anti Neilson bile on here though.

Whereas should we win, you’ll still no longer support Hearts and will offer zero credit to the Head coach. A man who incidentally, win or lose on Saturday, has done more fore HMFC and is more of a Hearts man than you’ve ever been.

You pathetic excuse.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Devlin Haring Cochrane

Boyce         McKay

Simms

2-1 Hearts

It’s been topic of discussion, the centre of midfield.  If anything I’d swap Haring for Devlin.  I have nothing against Haring in his overall time at Hearts, he’s been good, but I just think he’s too slow now, esp when you want to start a game quicker. 

Saturday was the same. Iffy first half but comes into it when the game slows down in the second half.  

RN got a reaction at half time on Sat from one or two and Haring was one , that was evident. But we need players this Saturday more than ever to get a grip of the game early.  

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I get the sentiment to not drop Halliday, but I think it's really misplaced. He took his goals really well but we got a bit overrun in midfield at times, particularly in the first half. Then he went out with a bit of a gimpy Achilles.

4-2-3-1

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane or Atkinson Smith Halkett Kingsley

(or maybe even Smith Halkett Kingsley Atkinson)

Then Devlin and Haring in the mid, McKay, GMS, Boyce, and Simms in the front.

Halliday is perfect to throw in off the bench in this game, as is Gino.

Agreed but Haring was just as culpable as was the formation and guys like Sibbick were way too nervous. 

Hopefully Devlin can replace one of them tho, the midfield lacked urgency. 

As it's hibs in the sf I'd replace Haring. Halliday seems to stand up well in these games. Helps others on the pitch. 

Haring, who I like is also  definitely slower now. It creeps up in every game a few times. 

Devlin and Smith or Souttar back would be lovely. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Bob doing well.. no more miles in that so turn to Halliday. 

You must hate supporting us right now. 

Everything you predict blows up in your face. 

Slag Bob, marches us to 3rd. 

Slag Halliday, scores 2 in the derby. 

:seething:

The Bannon Flick
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What an awful take.

You must be hating this season with so many positives. 

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Think footballs not your game, Halliday covers a lot of ground, not the quickest but scores goals unlike the rest of our midfield, I don't really like him at wing back, but rate him as a winner 

Haring is effective and is also a big plus at set pieces in both boxes. His pass for the second goal was absolute quality and I would play him on Saturday. Not sure who goes in beside him, maybe Devlin but it remains to be seen if he has 90 minutes in him. He is also a loose cannon at times and needs to keep the head. The game could be decided by the referee so we don't want any excuse to play into their hands. I've said it before, whatever side we play, if we play like we can with the right tempo then we win 9 times out of 10 against them. I would feel much better with Souttar and Beni back but it is what it is for the game and we just need to get on with it. Hopefully Atkinson is ok as well, he could be a real threat down the right side in an attacking sense. 

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Haring is effective and is also a big plus at set pieces in both boxes. His pass for the second goal was absolute quality and I would play him on Saturday. Not sure who goes in beside him, maybe Devlin but it remains to be seen if he has 90 minutes in him. He is also a loose cannon at times and needs to keep the head. The game could be decided by the referee so we don't want any excuse to play into their hands. I've said it before, whatever side we play, if we play like we can with the right tempo then we win 9 times out of 10 against them. I would feel much better with Souttar and Beni back but it is what it is for the game and we just need to get on with it. Hopefully Atkinson is ok as well, he could be a real threat down the right side in an attacking sense. 

Hibs used the same tactics that they used at Easter Road in the draw. At Tynecastle it worked initially as they scored a deflected goal. They can’t keep that up and allowed us into the game as at Easter Road. This time we scored 3 and had two close ones before we equalised. I now think that Maloney has to use a different game plan but doesn’t have long to instil it into the team. Therefore I think they will be ultra defensive and try to catch us on the break. 

9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Still hurting I see. Never mind, if the unthinkable happens and we get beat on Saturday you will be happy as a pig in shite posting away on here 

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Mind that time you said Halliday should be nowehere near our midfield for the derby last Saturday,

Fxxx the SPFL

Forecast 17 degrees light cloud and a gentle breeze with a few loud eruptions from the West side of the ground

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Forecast 17 degrees light cloud and a gentle breeze with a few loud eruptions from the West side of the ground

While the tumbleweed rolls around the East side

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

What's with all this "Halks" malarky?  

Start with Devlin and Haring and use Halliday & McEnuff from the bench.  No other change except to get the starting intensity a tad higher than on Saturday.

Devlin is a red card waiting to happen

id start Halliday and keep devlin on the bench 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

The young team should be welcoming the buses like this (minus the bottle throwing).

Liverpool FC Fans Attack Manchester City Bus at Champions League Game

Why? 

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Devlin is a red card waiting to happen

id start Halliday and keep devlin on the bench 

How many red cards has Devlin had so far this season?

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, HoGwash said:

Not worth the risk in  a cup game v Hibs … he’s easily wound up at the best of times 

I would not be starting with Devlin, I think the occasion vould get the better of him and if gets his guaranteed yellow early it will be squeaky bums time

Jambo 4 Ever
9 minutes ago, lou said:

I would not be starting with Devlin, I think the occasion vould get the better of him and if gets his guaranteed yellow early it will be squeaky bums time

What I said too 

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Because it should get the players hearts pumping, is that ok?

Not with flares though

gordiegords

We have to start better than we did on Saturday, not sure what happened there, if we do and get the first goal that lot don’t have it in them to come back from it.

16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not worth the risk in  a cup game v Hibs … he’s easily wound up at the best of times 

How many red cards has he received so far? Why is he more of a risk than any other player? Why is Halliday, for example, not more of a risk?

17 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

None.
10 yellows though.
Love the wee guy but have made a few bob this season by putting him done for a card !
Sorry, Cammy !
I'd start him if fit. He'll get it up them for sure. Can always take him off if he looks like going full radge !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

None.
10 yellows though.
Love the wee guy but have made a few bob this season by putting him done for a card !
Sorry, Cammy !
I'd start him if fit. He'll get it up them for sure. Can always take him off if he looks like going full radge !

I remember this being said many years ago about Robbie Savage but could also apply to Cammy. A player that gets frequent yellow cards but rarely or never a red card, suggests a player totally in control of where the line is rather than a player out of control. 

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

I remember this being said many years ago about Robbie Savage but could also apply to Cammy. A player that gets frequent yellow cards but rarely or never a red card, suggests a player totally in control of where the line is rather than a player out of control. 

Agreed. 

He plays with his heart on his sleeve. We need that on Saturday. 

As I say, I'd start him, get in about them and we can shake it up once we're in a position to do so.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Agreed. 

He plays with his heart on his sleeve. We need that on Saturday. 

As I say, I'd start him, get in about them and we can shake it up once we're in a position to do so.

I'd start him as well. Get his energy into the team from the start and play him for as long as his hammy holds out. Last critical game of the season until the final.

30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No the answer was actually zero

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I'd start him as well. Get his energy into the team from the start and play him for as long as his hammy holds out. Last critical game of the season until the final.

Spot on. 

Said it before, it's our biggest game in modern times. A massive incentive to move into an unassailable position in Scottish Football. Outwith the top two of course but still !