***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi Final Thread *****

The Bannon Flick

Potentially got two tickets going spare. Just want what was paid for them, drop me a PM and when I have them in hand can arrange something.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The way the game panned out yesterday was perfect for us. First half a reminder that we can’t start slow and allow them to settle and pick passes. Second half a reminder of how poor they are when you lift the tempo and take the game to them.

The line up and system will be interesting next week. They will need to change something and probably they’ll fill the midfield and sit a bit deeper trying to kill the game and hit on the break. If that’s what they do, we’ll go back to 4-2-3-1 with a more positive attacking midfield.

For me, you can’t leave Halliday out after yesterday if he is fit. He plays left back or holding mid if Devlin doesn’t make it. Haring being the other deep midfielder. Cochrane starts if Halliday doesn’t or Devlin doesn’t Sibbick at right back if Atkinson doesn’t make it

Up front picks itself apart from one from GMS or Ginelly. GMS just shades it for me.

Agreed, Jimmy. @TheBigO makes the point, too, about how the game panned out.

Better to get the wee wake up call yesterday, and still win handsomely, than next Saturday at Hampden.

Hopefully Hearts' minds will be focused from the first whistle this time.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Agreed, Jimmy. @TheBigO makes the point, too, about how the game panned out.

Better to get the wee wake up call yesterday, and still win handsomely, than next Saturday at Hampden.

Hopefully Hearts' minds will be focused from the first whistle this time.

Because of yesterday you just can’t see us starting slow again next week.

Hibs will surely put Porteous back in for that clown they had at centre half yesterday. When he plays they try this build from the back passing game which Maloney likes but which doesn’t work. They lose the ball to the press constantly because they’ve got no composure in the midfield. They don’t have the players to play Maloneys system and even the most die hard Hibs fan will tell you that.

They are poor. They are deservedly bottom 6. Theyve won once in 13. If it wasn’t for the derby factor I’d be very confident of a very comfortable win.

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I felt it was important not to play the same game plan twice. I think it'll be different next week but not too different.

Just enough to keep the wee man thinking.

Our game plan is pretty consistent. 

It's just pretty hard to stop. No need to change it. 

Just get on front foot from start. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Because of yesterday you just can’t see us starting slow again next week.

Hibs will surely put Porteous back in for that clown they had at centre half yesterday. When he plays they try this build from the back passing game which Maloney likes but which doesn’t work. They lose the ball to the press constantly because they’ve got no composure in the midfield. They don’t have the players to play Maloneys system and even the most die hard Hibs fan will tell you that.

They are poor. They are deservedly bottom 6. Theyve won once in 13. If it wasn’t for the derby factor I’d be very confident of a very comfortable win.

They did that yesterday too. Sometimes they did it well. But overall they don't have the forward players to hurt teams. And the whole team lacks commitment to be able to dominate. 

The only time their system has worked was against Arbroath and even then Arbroath caused them problems. 

Factuer Moi
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We play to Win, believing in our game makes the difference. Having a Winners mentality within the structure of the Club is massive for our future plans .

The way the players have bonded cementing friendships. These type of influences bring trophies, hard to beat a side with the bit between the teeth..

Edited by Factuer Moi

Factuer Moi
1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

Great video - thanks for posting it

The praise goes to the admin, they should win an award for how they have brought Us all back together, Fans Player Club, a unit to be admired and feared.

Take nothing for granted, we need to be professional and get the job done. This is a semi final so anything can happen, I'm sure RN will have the boys fired up and if we play the way we can we should win...HHGH!!.

Factuer Moi
4 minutes ago, micole said:

Take nothing for granted, we need to be professional and get the job done. This is a semi final so anything can happen, I'm sure RN will have the boys fired up and if we play the way we can we should win...HHGH!!.

It is Ok to have a buzz after a sensational result against Them, We decided dictated and controlled the majority of the game. Had the usual slow start, then gave an account of what they will face when it matters . Not the yesterdays game did'nt matter, it was a Derby a must win game for Us. We take that into next weeks game, they have multiple headaches to deal with. We have a couple of first choices near available , i have a feeling we are about to hit top form for the first time this season. I never predict, i do though always hope We scud Them.

Edited by Factuer Moi

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Now that the league game is done and dusted and Hibs have been duly spanked, how do we line up against them at Hampden?

If Devlin is back fit does he start ?

Would feel unfair to drop anyone from today but does that mean Hibs effectively have a week to prepare their tactics against a pretty much guaranteed Hearts starting 11?

Or does that even matter cos we’ll gub them anyway regardless of what wee Shauney boy thinks up?

Your last line sums it up for me

Just looking at tickets for this, are they selling for £15 or am I doing something wrong ? 

I seem to remember Hearts having a moan about ticket prices so cant imagine that is correct.

It's not just the cup, it's not just bragging rights, there are millions of pounds resting on this game.

I dont mind fans getting ahead of themselves as long as the players dont and to be fair I dont think they will.

Fresh game fresh start

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Just looking at tickets for this, are they selling for £15 or am I doing something wrong ? 

I seem to remember Hearts having a moan about ticket prices so cant imagine that is correct.

that’ll be the Hubs end

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

back to 4-2-3-1

Gordon

Atkinson

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday/Cochrane

Haring

Devlin

McKay

Boyce

GMS

Simms

This for me but with Gino in for GMS

The biggest threat to us next Saturday is ourselves.

We know we have 2 or 3 gears to step up whereas from the Hibs fans I talk to, yesterday was their level.

22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The biggest threat to us next Saturday is ourselves.

We know we have 2 or 3 gears to step up whereas from the Hibs fans I talk to, yesterday was their level.

I don't think there is any chance we will be complacent on Saturday. We all know that we must start the game a lot better than we did yesterday and I'm sure we can get the job done. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agreed. Unlike yesterday we need to be at it from the start.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Hampdens big pitch is an optical illusion. It’s only 5 yards longer and 4 yards wider than Tynecastle. It makes zero difference.

Hampden 105 * 68 = 7140 m2
Tynecastle 100 * 64 = 6400 m2

That's more than 11% bigger surface area, you'd need 12 players to cover the same area proportional to Tynecastle

10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

That's more than 11% bigger surface area, you'd need 12 players to cover the same area proportional to Tynecastle

Pish. It’s a football pitch and it’s the same size for both teams. Width wise it’s the height of an average man wider on either wing. Length wise it’s half the distance longer than a wall needs to be for a free kick. It’s minimal, makes no difference and no team should ever use the big massive pitch excuse and not be laughed at.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Halliday has to start based on his recent performances. He's been first class since the turn of the year.

Yes, an Easter Halliday.  😎

🎼 Oh what fun it is to feck the Hibs on Easter Day 🎼

Absolute Scenes

Can our back 4 handle the width Hibs will try and play with on a bigger pitch? I wouldn’t start Sibbick, maybe Cochrane on that second half, but both these lads maybe needed to be brought on rather than start. I think of Devlin is fit we should be starting him for his energy in midfield. Wasn’t a great midfield game in the first half but we did get better 

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

The same as Easter Road. Anyhoo, unlike H1b5 we WILL have a '12th Man'. 😉

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can our back 4 handle the width Hibs will try and play with on a bigger pitch? I wouldn’t start Sibbick, maybe Cochrane on that second half, but both these lads maybe needed to be brought on rather than start. I think of Devlin is fit we should be starting him for his energy in midfield. Wasn’t a great midfield game in the first half but we did get better 

If we can handle it at Albion Place Stadium, then why on earth not at Hampden?

We have an ubeaten record v them at Hampden and I can't see that being overturned next Saturday.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The same as Easter Road. Anyhoo, unlike H1b5 we WILL have a '12th Man'. 😉

If we can handle it at Albion Place Stadium, then why on earth not at Hampden?

We have an ubeaten record v them at Hampden and I can't see that being overturned next Saturday.

Don’t get wrong I wasn’t doubting them that was more rhetorical than actually questioning. I just hope there is no complacency in the squad, we need to keep it going

Disser Pointon

I think the experience and composure in our team will be pivotal next week, Hibs have a lot of young players who will never have experienced a big game at Hampden, I don't think they'll have the bottle for it.

36 minutes ago, Masonic said:

cochrane to be dropped imo devlin to drop in and halliday to play left back or left wing back

This 

I’d stick with the same team if everyone is available. Devlin on the bench will be good to bring energy late in the game if needed. He’s missed 6 weeks of games and 5 weeks of training, he will be rusty. Also, Halliday’s goal threat from the middle of the park is a bonus. 

I like the idea of bringing on Gino and Devlin, especially if hibs levels drop like they did this weekend.

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

cochrane to be dropped imo devlin to drop in and halliday to play left back or left wing back

That ain't happening, Halliday won't play wing back at Hampden, Cochrane was great yesterday and should retain his place.

I don't think there's a dogs chance Maloney can get them up for this.  If we can be sharper up front than we were on Saturday, could be a big win.

Bazzas right boot

Felt Haring was a bit slow and it showed a few times yesterday. 

Sibbick settled but is still nowhere near as good as Smith or Souttar for us atm. 

Be good to have Devlin and Smith back. 

Not too sure where they  fit in, but I think GMS or Gino will have a say im the match on  Saturday. 

Goes without saying we need to start better and if we score first relatively early I   think it might be a comfortable afternoon. 

They'll sit in and " counter" - punt the ball down the sides. 

We need to stay defensively switched on. 

7 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

@cookieboy was on an undefeated run starting threads!!

never mind will horse them 3-0 anyway

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Cookieboy was undefeated, since he started the match threads.

This is a bad omen. 

We'll still win. But only by 2 goals now.

don't worry I started the Official thread it was merged with an earlier one for some reason HHGH FTH 

Tough one for Robbie as the temptation might be to go with the same team which might not necessarily be the right choice.

Kind of dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't.Much easier for Maloney as he has nothing to lose trying to pull  rabbit out the hat with his selections 

The mindset is easier. We have worked all year for a place in Euro footballs group stage, don't throw the chance away in this one game.

Probably be a lot closer than Saturday but I think we will go through one way or another.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Tough one for Robbie as the temptation might be to go with the same team which might not necessarily be the right choice.

Kind of dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't.Much easier for Maloney as he has nothing to lose trying to pull  rabbit out the hat with his selections 

The mindset is easier. We have worked all year for a place in Euro footballs group stage, don't throw the chance away in this one game.

Probably be a lot closer than Saturday but I think we will go through one way or another.

100% this. We have worked our socks off, Hibs have been given a bye in almost every round and do not deserve a sniff of that final or European football. 

Cammy has to start if fit imo, he's one of our best players and you need then on the park so Halliday to left back for me, shame on Cochrane but you can't drop Halliday after a double against hibs, also Cammys energy and tenacity in midfield will be needed. 

I Would go with 

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Devlin Haring

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

Gives us a few decent attacking options on the bench to change things with

Mceneff, Gino, Woodburn, Sibbick, Cochrane and Moore. 

The Goalscoring Knee
38 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

don't worry I started the Official thread it was merged with an earlier one for some reason HHGH FTH 

:653: Had me worried there for a minute. 

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What are the respective ticket sales for this? Anyone know how they are selling? Ah, soz, never noticed dedicated thread

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

That ain't happening, Halliday won't play wing back at Hampden, Cochrane was great yesterday and should retain his place.

100% no way is he dropped imho