***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi Final Thread *****

The Bannon Flick

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

Aussie Jambo
3 hours ago, fila said:

Sure was, neighbours would have been wondering what was going on. Nice little win for you there 

😂😂

Spent a few Bob in other bets. 

Had 4-1 plus Boyce & McKay to score anytime. 😱

I had 10 schooners of  resches before I got home at 8.30. 

Some game. My neighbours got telt Saturday afternoon that they might hear a few cheers & shouting. They know I love football or soccer as they call it here. Soccer. 🙄

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

😂😂

Spent a few Bob in other bets. 

Had 4-1 plus Boyce & McKay to score anytime. 😱

I had 10 schooners of  resches before I got home at 8.30. 

Some game. My neighbours got telt Saturday afternoon that they might hear a few cheers & shouting. They know I love football or soccer as they call it here. Soccer. 🙄

You better tell them that was just the warm up for the final 

Aussie Jambo
1 hour ago, fila said:

You better tell them that was just the warm up for the final 

Aye. 😂😂

What was the goal music at the game? Couldn’t hear it over the celebrations but could hear the bloody proclaimers when they scored 

LochcarronJambo

Got to say, even though I was there with my daughter & sister, so i am commending myself 😀, I thought we the Hearts fans were fantastic yesterday, as always mind, but the noise was incredible

maroonlegions
20 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

3rd Cup final in 4 years!

Europa League here we come!

Two great goals but then one crazy moment from Sibbick and the whole match changed.

Devlin should have been on for Halliday and that would have been a lot easier. We made it hard for ourselves.

Really hope Halkett isn't out for the season but it doesn't look good. Desperately need either Souttar or Halkett for the final.

If its Celtic in the final, then Souttar will play if fit.. Bang on him scoring the winning goal or pen, (shoot out),  for us , then  go to Rangers as their hero.. 

Or i could be talking shite..:whistling:

On 17/04/2022 at 21:59, maroonlegions said:

Well done big man, deserved ..FTH.

278663693_2307139732782609_2159522309716561550_n.jpg

I obviously have no idea of Everton's plans but I'll be very surprised if Simms wants to walk away from this.  He must be having the time of his life and has the prospect of being in an even stronger squad playing in Europe next season.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 16/04/2022 at 19:11, whodanny said:

Hiya Jambos, I'm awfy drunk. So how do I feel ? Just awfy, awfy guid. 'Mon The Hearts, what a feckin beltin' Saturday you boys gave me. Whit a heid I'm gonnae have in the mornin'

Night Jambos. Yaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss !!!!

I'm late but this is an instant classic post IMO.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm late but this is an instant classic post IMO.

😄 Surprisingly, ma heid wasn't too bad yesterday, I was exhausted though, I'd been on the go since 6am on Saturday morning, didn't hit the hay till about 3 on Sunday morning. A grand day oot ! I think at 62 though I'm getting a bit old for these long shifts.

Edited by whodanny

John Findlay
On 17/04/2022 at 01:01, kingantti1874 said:

Yep that’s up there.  JC in 96 was also good but that was just pain.

JC's volley in the semi final against Dundee United on the 5th of April 1986, was a beauty. I wasn't there as I was with my wife in the St Mary's maternity hospital Portsmouth, as she was given birth to our daughter Rebecca. Who when I went to register the birth on the Monday, came very close to being named Rebecca John Colquhoun Findlay. But, after swithering for over a hour settled for Rebecca Nicole Findlay.

That kept the peace with my wife.

Taxi driver taking me to the airport today was saying what a peach Kingsley's goal was. And he had thought you couldn't get a better goal than Simms'. 

Sibbick will be kicking himself.  He will be wishing with all his heart that he had conceded a corner and reminded Stevenson of the score.

He can take real consolation.  He's not the first footballer to make a mistake and he won't be the last.  I won't be remotely surprised if he becomes a better player as a result of this harrowing experience on a big stage.

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Just watched the whole game again and enjoyed it a whole lot better this time. 😄

Exactly what I just done😂 the last ten minutes we’re far more enjoyable 

Heres Rixxy
3 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Different look at the game 

That is an excellent watch! Love to see the fan and players reactions with some of these angles.

Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Taxi driver taking me to the airport today was saying what a peach Kingsley's goal was. And he had thought you couldn't get a better goal than Simms'. 

The ball from McKay and his first touch were sublime, never mind the finish.

Thought Police

Skip to 41:40 for Halliday and Co's views on the game. One thing I will say, Halliday ****ing loves being at Hearts.

The Maloney stuff has aged hilariously....

2 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Great video, and a nice touch to detour via Thirds’ Cathkin Park - which is of course just up the road from Hampden.

Glasgow’s Southside derby - Thirds v Queen’s - now sadly lost to Scottish football.

042E10CB-324F-462D-81FF-580A211E5F59.jpeg

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

JC's volley in the semi final against Dundee United on the 5th of April 1986, was a beauty. I wasn't there as I was with my wife in the St Mary's maternity hospital Portsmouth, as she was given birth to our daughter Rebecca. Who when I went to register the birth on the Monday, came very close to being named Rebecca John Colquhoun Findlay. But, after swithering for over a hour settled for Rebecca Nicole Findlay.

That kept the peace with my wife.

Henry Smith won us that game, pulled of 3 incredible saves, including one from a Gough header that looked in all the way, somehow Henry who was going the wrong way managed to stick out a hand and keep it out.

• 9 months later...
Samuel Camazzola

On the back of this match, there was a video doing the rounds of the footage with the Mental As Anything tune over the top of it. Does anyone have the link to it? 👍