***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Scottish Cup Semi Final Thread *****

The Bannon Flick

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

This is what we're up against...

FB_IMG_1649620301012.jpg

That is some photo. Beaten. Flummoxed.

If only there was one of the Hearts bench for a glorious juxtaposition ...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Factuer Moi

• Morgan

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

This is what we're up against...

FB_IMG_1649620301012.jpg

That is some photo. Beaten. Flummoxed.

If only there was one of the Hearts bench for a glorious juxtaposition ...

Rocky jamboa

Robbies biggest job the next few days is avoiding any complacency setting in and thinking we just need to turn up next week to win.

I can see hibs bringing in guys who get hibs, like Stevenson, and we know that fud Porto will be back in.

I'm hoping we are too good for them at the moment but we've got to be right up for it next Saturday. They will be. 

julienbrellier

Anyone actually know how many tickets Hibs have sold compared to us? And how many of their tickets were returned? Haven’t seen anything but maybe missed it 

3 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Robbies biggest job the next few days is avoiding any complacency setting in and thinking we just need to turn up next week to win.

I can see hibs bringing in guys who get hibs, like Stevenson, and we know that fud Porto will be back in.

I'm hoping we are too good for them at the moment but we've got to be right up for it next Saturday. They will be. 

We need to be at it and in their faces from the first minute!

26 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think Porteous will be sent off when we go 2-0 up.

great shout, we should get into him in the tunnel , his head will explode 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

We need to be at it and in their faces from the first minute!

I agree.  They are at a low ebb with a manager out of his depth.  The Hibs end will be half empty while ours will be rocking.  An early goal could pretty much finish them off.  

I'm not quite ready to make a score prediction yet but I'm leaning towards a Hearts victory.  Tense semi final.  Might just edge it 5-0.

8 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Anyone actually know how many tickets Hibs have sold compared to us? And how many of their tickets were returned? Haven’t seen anything but maybe missed it 

No idea what their total is, but I’m willing to bet that (like their ER attendance figures) it’s a lot less than the 15,000 that’s being put about. Unfortunately for them, the Easter holidays and the fact they’d have to pay the SFA mean that the usual home game tactic of bombarding schools with hundreds of unwanted tickets won’t work this time.

I’m anticipating that their end will be a lot emptier than it was in 2006. Embarrassing, tinpot club.

Don't think the line up will change much from Saturday, providing no injury issues. Why would it? Would not bring Devlin straight back in. Neither would I move Halliday to wing back in favour of Cochrane. Cochrane and Atkinson wide are a further threat Hibs could do without. Halliday's place should be safe after Saturday. We will still need a performance, hopefully with a better start than Saturday, and get at that dodgy defence as quickly as possible, test their discipline. Porteous coming back does not strengthen them IMO. Same again for me if no injury issues., not broken don't fix.

I am wary of being too confident, Saturday was so f###ing easy that the biggest threat is our own attitude. 

With Devlin possibly back in contention and Souttar a possibility, we are likely to have  stronger pool of players to pick from but the selection will have to take into account the dynamics of a larger pitch etc.

In my heart I can see us spanking them but my head says they will be more dogged, determined, difficult to break down and we'll fired up because iur season is already  a massive success while their whole season now hinges on this one game.

Fitzroy Pointon
4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I am wary of being too confident, Saturday was so f###ing easy that the biggest threat is our own attitude. 

With Devlin possibly back in contention and Souttar a possibility, we are likely to have  stronger pool of players to pick from but the selection will have to take into account the dynamics of a larger pitch etc.

In my heart I can see us spanking them but my head says they will be more dogged, determined, difficult to break down and we'll fired up because iur season is already  a massive success while their whole season now hinges on this one game.

Absolutely no chance that will be an issue. Every player out there in a maroon shirt on Saturday will know exactly how much we have got under their skin. If we play to our abilities then we should win with a few to spare. Mentally, we are in a very good place right now. 

I'm sure Robbie will be reminding them of how important this is but there is no way Gordon, Halliday, Boyce, Halkett, Haring etc will need reminding. 

Half their season hinged on Saturday and look how that turned out.

18 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Absolutely no chance that will be an issue. Every player out there in a maroon shirt on Saturday will know exactly how much we have got under their skin. If we play to our abilities then we should win with a few to spare. Mentally, we are in a very good place right now. 

I'm sure Robbie will be reminding them of how important this is but there is no way Gordon, Halliday, Boyce, Halkett, Haring etc will need reminding. 

Half their season hinged on Saturday and look how that turned out.

I totally agree, just the overconfidence in iur support makes me feel uneasy, we cannot allow complacency to seep in.

I fully expect Hibs to set up differently on Saturday, they went for a high press on the tight Tynecastle pitch and did initially trouble us but once our good players started to find the gaps they were lost  and had no answers. Absolutely no way they will try that at Hampden

42 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Do we know if souttar is close to returning?

We definitely have the upper hand going in to Semi although we all know that we need to be at it again to be sure.  If the worst did happen I would be hoping for a Celtic win on Sunday as they would destroy Hibs in final.  

Nothing wrong with the fans being confident. 

The games in 2012 and and 2006 were won before a ball was kicked. 

No way will the players be over confident. 

They should however be confident in their own abilities and the abilities of the team 

Fitzroy Pointon
33 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I totally agree, just the overconfidence in iur support makes me feel uneasy, we cannot allow complacency to seep in.

I fully expect Hibs to set up differently on Saturday, they went for a high press on the tight Tynecastle pitch and did initially trouble us but once our good players started to find the gaps they were lost  and had no answers. Absolutely no way they will try that at Hampden

I get what you mean but thankfully over-confidence from the fans won't affect the players. They will be 100% focussed and have it drummed into them how important this is. Just remember Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, Halliday, Haring and Boyce already have experience of playing these chumps at Hampden and seeing them off and we had a much weaker team at the time and Hibs had a stronger team with Boyle and Nisbet playing. 

Our players won't fear Saturday. 

Unknown user
57 minutes ago, Bozi said:

There's no way complacency's setting in. Management, players, fans, we all saw how dangerous a spot of bad luck and a bit of momentum can be from the first half. 

We're going into this confident because we're better than them, but with the recently reinforced knowledge that even shite can be stubborn when you get it on your shoe.

Does anyone know what time the team bus will be arriving at the stadium? Would it be worth being there to give the team a welcome as they head in?

I think we’re about done in selling tickets so would be surprised if any other sections became available. Can’t wait for Saturday to see maroon and white everywhere and a wee dod of green shite opposite 

35 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

Does anyone know what time the team bus will be arriving at the stadium? Would it be worth being there to give the team a welcome as they head in?

Wondering this as well. It gave them a huge lift in 2006

...andFulton'sBaggio

Craig

Akka Halks Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring 

McKay Boyce Halliday 

Simms

Keep em guessing. Flexible formation that can become a 343 or even a 433 if needed. Only one change in personnel from Saturday. All depending on fitness of course

MarkDevriesScores4

Hope Rocky is in their starting 11. Imagine Barrie running at him on that big pitch 😂

I would start with the exact same line up as Saturday if fitness allows. Bring Cammy on in the second half to wind up Porteous who will likely already be on a yellow by that stage. 

Really surprising that there is no football special on Saturday? 

Bus companies must be racking it in. 

Sorry but anyone wanting Halliday as full back must be watching Hearts this season as much as I have 🤦‍♂️🤣…. 

Seriously we cannot change the defence. Devlin in for Halliday in the middle. 

Tough on Halliday but let’s not kid ourselves the first 30 mins on Sat we were very poor in the middle of the park. 

I think we have to guard against over confidence as we might not get away with a slow start this week. Fans around me were highly agitated most of the first half so we need to come out of the traps flying and get our fans roaring. 

10 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

We definitely have the upper hand going in to Semi although we all know that we need to be at it again to be sure.  If the worst did happen I would be hoping for a Celtic win on Sunday as they would destroy Hibs in final.  

Agree - I actually think Rangers will some his beat Celtic. Somehow 

Anyone thinking this is a walk over just speak to a Hibs fan and ask them what they thought before the last semi. Most felt they just had to turn up.

Lets not fall into that trap. 

1 hour ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Craig

Akka Halks Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring 

McKay Boyce Halliday 

Simms

Keep em guessing. Flexible formation that can become a 343 or even a 433 if needed. Only one change in personnel from Saturday. All depending on fitness of course

That's it for me.

Boyces beard
8 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Sorry but anyone wanting Halliday as full back must be watching Hearts this season as much as I have 🤦‍♂️🤣…. 

Seriously we cannot change the defence. Devlin in for Halliday in the middle. 

Tough on Halliday but let’s not kid ourselves the first 30 mins on Sat we were very poor in the middle of the park. 

Confidence is massive for a football player, if Halliday is fit he will 100% start after his performance at the weekend. You can take that to the bank.

Naisys Tackle

Hard not to get too smug but.........

Shaun Maloney being the winning jockey of next years grand national. ;)

5 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Confidence is massive for a football player, if Halliday is fit he will 100% start after his performance at the weekend. You can take that to the bank.

I agree.  Devlin is just coming back after a lay off so have him on the bench ready to come on in the second half.

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hard not to get too smug but.........

Shaun Maloney being the winning jockey of next years grand national. ;)

…. Shaun Maloney having the last laff over Neilson ……..

18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Agree - I actually think Rangers will some his beat Celtic. Somehow 

Anyone thinking this is a walk over just speak to a Hibs fan and ask them what they thought before the last semi. Most felt they just had to turn up.

Lets not fall into that trap. 

If we get through I think we deffo have a better chance against rangers in a one off 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…. Shaun Maloney having the last laff over Neilson ……..

There's little chance that will ever happen?  Neilson is a well rounded respectable coach were as Maloney looks like bambi in headlights :)

Jambo in Bathgate
11 hours ago, Bozi said:

Seeing some of our support with beach balls and palm trees 🌴 before KO was too much Hibee! Partying before the final whistle is not the Hearts way or until it’s beyond doubt. 

1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Seeing some of our support with beach balls and palm trees 🌴 before KO was too much Hibee! Partying before the final whistle is not the Hearts way or until it’s beyond doubt. 

The difference is we did it and got the result so as not to look stupid after wards

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Not one team was catching us for third even if we did lose that game. Too effing right we partied 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The difference is we did it and got the result so as not to look stupid after wards

True! Watching Maloney et.al. Celebrate when they scored like they had won came home to bite their arses! 

Extra space on that big pitch for wee bazza to run riot at their defence. Simms off the ball runs will cause them all sorts of problems. 

Very confident our attitude will be spot on amd professional. I know its a different game but Saturday will have sunk them. Walking out to a half empty hibs end they are beaten before a ball is kicked. 

If we are professional and turn up game takes care of itself. 

Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

True! Watching Maloney et.al. Celebrate when they scored like they had won came home to bite their arses! 

He did a wee head down stride forward and clap thing at one point as if to say ……… this is what I am talking about

Not long after wards he was standing around looking gormless like a Labrador trying to do calculus 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not one team was catching us for third even if we did lose that game. Too effing right we partied 

True, but we still had to put them in their place. That’s the important fact. Remember all their parties that backfired. We should party like fcuk when result is beyond doubt. Doesn’t stop us giving it tight. We don’t won’t to be dragged down to their level. Like their management team celebrating (I know they don’t score many)when the early goal came. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He did a wee head down stride forward and clap thing at one point as if to say ……… this is what I am talking about

Not long after wards he was standing around looking gormless like a Labrador trying to do calculus 

😂

Forget the weekend.

Start fast.

Go hard for the full 90 minutes.

Bully them, hurt them.

Score as many as possible, to the point the game could be abandoned.

23 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

100% no way is he dropped imho

Hampden is too big for an unfit Halliday.  He has no legs and would be a passenger. He will be a sub though.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hampden is too big for an unfit Halliday.  He has no legs and would be a passenger. He will be a sub though.

How is he unfit ? 

16 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Forget the weekend.

Start fast.

Go hard for the full 90 minutes.

Bully them, hurt them.

Score as many as possible, to the point the game could be abandoned.

totally agree. Forget last Saturday. I don’t think we will be complacent but think they will be fully committed against us given the hammering they are taking in the media and online. Wether or not they have it in them is another matter. We need to score early 

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I think we have to guard against over confidence as we might not get away with a slow start this week. Fans around me were highly agitated most of the first half so we need to come out of the traps flying and get our fans roaring. 

the first 25 minutes I was very agitated and nervous. We simply can’t do that again. Flip side is the following 65 minutes we absolutely steamrolled them.

We won’t be complacent. It’s no longer in our make up