Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Arthur Morgan
20 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Still want players in.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-outline-signing-plans-for-more-free-agents-plus-clubs-stance-on-aberdeens-christian-ramirez-3829992

Asked what positions he was looking for, Neilson replied: “There's a couple – I don't want to say exactly what it is – but there are areas we need to strengthen. If we are all fit then there are still areas that we need to improve in.”

Good. I'm sure there's a few free agents of sufficient enough quality for us to sign. The club has probably been keeping tabs on a few for a while now. 

And this thread can now be closed, what an absolute car crash it has been 😂 bunch of grown men going mental because we never signed 20 players, I think 9 is more than enough, but no, not for some folk, let’s go all H1b5 and sign 16 just so we can say we signed more than them 🤪

in honesty I would have liked one or two more but hey ho not to be, we are strong enough to cope, January window will be interesting depending on where we are in the league.

until then… save your moaning ya greeting faced old farts 😝

25 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Has it been confirmed that Kio has his work permit?

I've been told he's all clear to play 👍🏽

4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

And this thread can now be closed, what an absolute car crash it has been 😂 bunch of grown men going mental because we never signed 20 players, I think 9 is more than enough, but no, not for some folk, let’s go all H1b5 and sign 16 just so we can say we signed more than them 🤪

in honesty I would have liked one or two more but hey ho not to be, we are strong enough to cope, January window will be interesting depending on where we are in the league.

H1b5 just had to get that 16th man in then eh? Couldn't keep it at a nice 1-5. They could've signed 100 extra player's and still end up bottom 6 👌🏽

12 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Agree, there was no need for us to be signing 15-20 players.  We managed last season to extend the deals for most of our permanent signings who we wanted to keep and were going out of contract.  Souttar was the only one we couldn't hold onto, so we needed a replacement. We had 4 loanees last season, so would need to either replace them or get them back.  The only two that most of us would have wanted back were Cochrane and Simms.  We got Cochrane on a permanent deal but couldn't do a deal to get Simms back, so that left another 3 places we had to fill.  We said we wanted to increase the squad size by 3 or 4 to cater for playing in Europe, therefore we were looking to bring in 7-8 players, 4 to cover players leaving (Souttar + 3 loanees) and 3-4 to augment the squad.  We've brought in 9 and I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in at least 1 other out of contract player to cover our injury situation.

feedtheroman2
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Also, we can still sign free agents, just not for this season's European trips, so there could still be some fun and games.

Wait...humphreys and clark can't play in any of the euro games??

4 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

I think the deadline to register players for Europe was 11pm. So I'd imagine they'll both be in the squad, but any further signings will need to stick to domestic competitions. 

9 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Yes, they can.

11pm was the cut off for Conference League eligibility.

If we sign Tom Rogic or Andy Carroll now they'd have to settle for domestic fitba only. 😁 

Edited by martoon

rudi must stay

Big statement I know but for me Clark is a better keeper than Craig Gordon all-round and he's 9 years younger. What a terrific piece of business well done Hearts, I think he could be the best signing we've made in years 

Arthur Morgan
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Big statement I know but for me Clark is a better keeper than Craig Gordon all-round and he's 9 years younger. What a terrific piece of business well done Hearts, I think he could be the best signing we've made in years 

I take it he's good with the ball at his feet? Can't really remember about that part of his game. 

29 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You're at it. 

26 minutes ago, Negan said:

Why did people say they were ITK about Rogic when it was absolute pish? 

How do you know it was pish, as he is a free agent? Not saying there is a hope in hell of us signing him but it's not related to the window.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Why did people say they were ITK about Rogic when it was absolute pish? 

That was me. I said it because that’s what I was told by someone who works in football. Next time I hear anything, which I don’t very often and even rarer about Hearts, I’ll post what I heard again.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

You're at it. 

For me he represents a new way to play. Quick distribution good shot stopping, ABIT like Bain at Celtic. Exciting times and I am not nothing wrong with a bit of optimism 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

For me he represents a new way to play. Quick distribution good shot stopping, ABIT like Bain at Celtic. Exciting times and I am not nothing wrong with a bit of optimism 

Is that one of his strengths then, good distribution? Good with his feet? 

I’ve obviously seen him play but can’t remember much about him.  

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Gordon is an incredible shot stopper, one of the best around. On the flip side of that is how bad his distribution is, which is up there with the worst. 

His kicking is terrible and he's far too slow to release the ball.

If Zander Clark is half as good as Gordon at saving shots and has better distribution then it's a great signing.

Gordon needs an ambitious goalkeeper to be pushing him for the number 1 spot.

I disagree. Gordon’s quick distribution (by way of throw outs) has been a major success, leading to several attacks. 

He makes it look easy but I don’t remember other keepers being as good at it. We scored at Tannadice from one last year and nearly against Aberdeen after he saved and held Lewis Ferguson’s penalty and his first thought wasn’t to celebrate but was to set Barrie McKay away.

His kicking isn’t anything special but is fine imo.

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Utter nonsense. 

Clark is a tremendous signing but I’m not buying into he’s better than Gordon chat 😂 that’s not a dig at zander, it more to the point that Craig Gordon is not only the best keeper I’ve ever seen play for hearts but quite possibly the best player I’ve seen for hearts. The guy is immortal 

6 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Still want players in.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-outline-signing-plans-for-more-free-agents-plus-clubs-stance-on-aberdeens-christian-ramirez-3829992

Asked what positions he was looking for, Neilson replied: “There's a couple – I don't want to say exactly what it is – but there are areas we need to strengthen. If we are all fit then there are still areas that we need to improve in.”

Don't close the thread yet!

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

100%. And as the squad improves, it gets harder, and not easier, to make the right type of signings. Patience is required. 

Very good point. 

Harder to improve a team in third than it is that finished 10th. 

Patience is the key. 

6 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Still want players in.

But according to some on jkb, we’re fine? 🤷🏻‍♂️

They need to decide if they agree with RN or not now 😁

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It's not a big statement, it's nonsense. 

However a 31/32 year old Clark may be better than a 41/42 ish Gordon. 

Clark is a very good signing and one with the future in mind. 

Folk banging on about us needing a back up to Gordon are still wrong, we've signed our future no1- not a back up keeper, who just happens to be back up for the next season or 2 due to timings. 

Happy he's joined us, was hoping for this for a while. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Whatsthefuture
4 hours ago, martoon said:

Yes, they can.

11pm was the cut off for Conference League eligibility.

If we sign Tom Rogic or Andy Carroll now they'd have to settle for domestic fitba only. 😁 

Personally I am pleased with the window, we have close to a strong Thursday night team and with the possibility of one or two more in, a very strong domestic team that can adapt with players who are fresh for league business. For myself this is about progression year on year. One of our best midfielders shall return after the world cup and should we achieve, lets be realistic qualification to the next European phase a further window to bring in additional players or register any we add from the in the next few weeks. Hopefully if we can add a couple, similar to last year after the window had closed, who make the step and are of a higher level that, for myself is a major step forward in a balanced direction. Supplementing last year’s success (we have retained, players, management and a very strong board for the first time for as long as i recall) while adding to what we have. Its about moving ahead off the rest and closing the gap on the two ahead. And the the last three in shall help (bigger, stronger, more aggressive) as i feel this year we are bullied by sides, domestically look Kilmarnock, Ross Country and T Johnson dominating us physically. The returning players and the new players will bring back a more solid unit. 

Don’t forget goalscorer 

Prince Buaben

Nope. Your at it.

ZC is a terrific goalkeeper and is terrific business and great succession planning. CG is still the better CG.

4 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Nope. Your at it.

ZC is a terrific goalkeeper and is terrific business and great succession planning. CG is still the better CG.

Craig Gordon is the better Craig Gordon? 😀

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Nope. Your at it.

🙈

Correct tho. 

Bazzas right boot

I also reckon Barrie McKay is better than Barrie McKay. 

:HeartsManspotrun:

I'm not saying he beats himself tho. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Goalkeepers (3)

Gordon*•, Clark•, Stewart•

Centerbacks (5)

Halkett•, Sibbick, Neilson•, Rowles, Kingsley•

Right W-B (2)

M.Smith, Atkinson

Left W-B (2)

Cochrane, Halliday•

Central Mids (8)

Haring, Beni, Devlin, Kio, Grant, C.Smith*•, Pollock*•, Denholm*•

Wingers/Inside Forwards (4)

McKay•, Forrest•, Ginnelly, GMS•

Center Forwards (4)

Shankland•, Boyce, Humphrys, Henderson*•

Total 28 

European Registration for Squad of 25 max

Trained at club for 3 years before the age of 21 (4 need to be registered)

• Home Grown - Trained in Scotland (8 need to be registered)

That squad is much stronger than last years .

Pleasing that we have two very good goalkeepers now.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new guys do, starting with a win today in what will be a tough game on the plastic.

HHGH

Clark is nowhere near the level Gordon is, I’m not sure anyone can truly believe that. But he’s still a high quality keeper. The point of bringing him in is likely the plan for succession, but for the right here and now, the drop off in standard of goalkeeper is minimal, where as before it was meteoric (yes Stewart played well against Celtic, but no one can name any of the other games he has played well). As I said before, in a weird way you almost hope we never have to use Clark. But we know if we do need our backup goalkeeper, we can do so with confidence. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Clark is nowhere near the level Gordon is, I’m not sure anyone can truly believe that. But he’s still a high quality keeper. The point of bringing him in is likely the plan for succession, but for the right here and now, the drop off in standard of goalkeeper is minimal, where as before it was meteoric (yes Stewart played well against Celtic, but no one can name any of the other games he has played well). As I said before, in a weird way you almost hope we never have to use Clark. But we know if we do need our backup goalkeeper, we can do so with confidence. 

Will be interesting if we rest Craigy here and there. Youd imagine the man himself will be part of that discussion and hes earnt that.

I just think we might want to give Zander 8-10 games this season, might even have been part of the sell to him.

AlphonseCapone

Some of the comments over the last couple of pages about Gordon are nothing short of blasphemous. Wash your mouths out. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Will be interesting if we rest Craigy here and there. Youd imagine the man himself will be part of that discussion and hes earnt that.

I just think we might want to give Zander 8-10 games this season, might even have been part of the sell to him.

At his age, regardless of his well get takes care of himself, he’s going to need a rest. After all, he’s a man who throws himself about and on the ground for a living. Those of us of a certain vintage know little niggles and pains that can form out of nowhere, and they seem to last longer than they ever did before. He’s an athlete, yes, but we still need to consider his age. I don’t think we’ll do what other teams do and have a ‘cup keeper’, we’ll likely do the opposite and have Gordon play the Thursday and Clark on the Sunday (dependent on opposition) as we’ve shown already we rotate after Europe. Will be interesting today to see if we rotate before Europe too.

On his form last season then Craig Gordon is still one of the best in the world and I won't hear otherwise. That's not just domestically but internationally too, where he also saved Scotland. Add to that, that he is a fantastic ambassador and captain. A modern day Hearts hero.

This signing could push Craig to even higher levels and Zander will be learning from a master craftsman in  preparation for Craig stepping down. What a superb piece of business by Hearts  

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Some of the comments over the last couple of pages about Gordon are nothing short of blasphemous. Wash your mouths out. 

It was one person saying it and probably with tongue in cheek, let's not get too upset on a Saturday morning 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***