• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Captain Canada

I'm not feeling too hopeful about tomorrow. 

I think we might get one in, two at a push, but that will still leave us short of what we need. 

I'd like to see a backup keeper, Souttar replacement, no. 10 and two strikers. 

There's no chance that will happen in one day though..

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

No one is saying it's easy which is why Joe Savage and his recruitment team are supposed to add value.

Cochrane, Shankland and Forrest are OK but don't represent Hearts going up a level.

Grant is bang ordinary.

Neilson has the potential to be special, but this season is probably primarily about development.

Rowles is a really good defender but not really a replacement for a ball playing RCH in Souttar... Which means both Halkett and Kingsley having to move  out of their optimum positions to accommodate him.

Up front, even we have size to go long and no pace to hit on the counter... 24 hours left in the window and the squad is currently in a mess.

You can't be serious?

33 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Robbie and Joe better be pulling an all nighter tonight, get the finger out pronto. Should never have come to this...

3 months to replace Simms. Now we're toiling to find anyone decent. Shame. 

Churchill Barrier
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

From Robbie's interview it sounds like we need bodies in but we are not getting them.Well at least not tomorrow

They have had weeks to sort this,  unacceptable if they don't deliver

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

No one is saying it's easy which is why Joe Savage and his recruitment team are supposed to add value.

Cochrane, Shankland and Forrest are OK but don't represent Hearts going up a level.

Grant is bang ordinary.

Neilson has the potential to be special, but this season is probably primarily about development.

Rowles is a really good defender but not really a replacement for a ball playing RCH in Souttar... Which means both Halkett and Kingsley having to move  out of their optimum positions to accommodate him.

Up front, even we have size to go long and no pace to hit on the counter... 24 hours left in the window and the squad is currently in a mess.

I think this is harsh on Cochrane. His improvement so far has been significant. Will be a very good player for us. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

What has Souttar got to do with this? We knew he was leaving in January and we’re still waiting to replace him.  

Post I was replying to mentioned Souttar. We have replaced him but replacement injured. You know, scored equaliser on Sunday.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, clark963 said:

You can't be serious?

You think Joe Savage has had a good window so far?

Is our squad how you expected it to look after a £5m windfall.

Even Robbie sounded pissed off in his post match interview. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

They have had weeks to sort this,  unacceptable if they don't deliver

What do you propose to do about it? 

how can we go into the season with 8 games in Europe, cups  and league with just boyce and shankland up top. It showed against zurich and it’s shown again tonight Poor  from hearts and yes even golden boy joe savage. Get it sorted Joe get James anderson on the blower and get a couple of box office players in! we need forward players ffs!! Stop ******* around and get it done. 

Just now, David McCaig said:

I think Cochrane has been excellent so far and yes Shankland is an upgrade on what we had. If we hadn't lost 5 of our starting 11 to injury I don't think you'd be sat here with piss soaked panties cause we've lost to Kilmarnock......again. 

We knew in March we would have European football. We needed to replace Souttar and Simms 3 months ago and have pissed about signing positions that were least priority. Would go as far as saying we need 5 players in which will never happen.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, clark963 said:

I think Cochrane has been excellent so far and yes Shankland is an upgrade on what we had. If we hadn't lost 5 of our starting 11 to injury I don't think you'd be sat here with piss soaked panties cause we've lost to Kilmarnock......again. 

Shankland is a good signing but not in anyway an upgrade on Simms.

Injuries happen and our squad is to small to cope.

Frank Sidebottom
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Post I was replying to mentioned Souttar. We have replaced him but replacement injured. You know, scored equaliser on Sunday.

Rowles isn’t the right sided centre back Souttar was so we’ve not replaced him 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What £5m is that? 

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Shankland is a good signing but not in anyway an upgrade on Simms.

Injuries happen and our squad is to small to cope.

I dont think Shankland was a like for like replacement for Simms though. Sure injuries happen but its not the norm to lose so many starters in such a short space of time and it's certainly not the time for slating the recruitment team who, up until now have done a great job. Mind Barry didn't sign till after the window closed and he's a pleasure to watch, tonight he was drifting past players with ease just couldn't find that killer ball. I just don't get the clamour and urge to slaughter a part of the club that's functioning very well due to one poor performance mid week in the league Cup. Aye it was shite, I've had better Wednesday evenings but I'm not having it that we're shite and the recruitment team are useless. 

Edited by clark963

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What £5m is that? 

3rd place, Scottish Cup Final, Hickey, Europe football, we have taken in a fair amount of money. 

Seems prudence has won over ambition. 

There have been some decent signatures, bar Rowles, not the ones through the core.

Shankland Forrest Grant all good players good signings, but not the game changers.

A centre back a playmaker and a centre forward short.

Aussie Jambo

Blessing in disguise. Bet Fred Cup?? Who gives a shit. I’m glad we are out. Now we can concentrate on league & Europe. 

We most certainly need playersi nn ow. Our players are all starting to get injured and it won’t stop at that. We’ve not enough depth in our team to cover all these fixtures. If we get anymore injuries we are scunnered big time.

I really hope we get at least a striker & defender in by cut off for Europe and loan players for league. Big Ellis & McKay were free/loan players   I’m not looking again till Saturday morning. I’m out of here as it’s meltdown time. 

Some said that we were expecting "marquee signings" allegedly. They definitely aren't here yet, who knows......maybe tomorrow............

I can see it from both angles, fans are frustrated about lack of signings and it seems the players we have wanted, we haven't managed to sign for whatever reasons.

Ultimately it's not good enough that we are 1 day away from the window shutting and we are in a weaker position than we were at the end of last season. It was then clear in the Hibs game that we lacked attacking options from the bench and 3 and a half weeks later we are again in a weaker position due to injuries.

If we are looking to replicate 3rd and be competitive in Europe and have a run in the Scottish Cup we are at least 4 players light in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, bazman said:

I might be wrong but I think that Will Lancefield the recruitment guy was sat next to Joe tonight

Up for a game of golf??

5 minutes ago, gedster said:

Some said that we were expecting "marquee signings" allegedly. They definitely aren't here yet, who knows......maybe tomorrow............

Yip tomorrow is going to be interesting………………………………..

or not 🤷‍♂️

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Blessing in disguise. Bet Fred Cup?? Who gives a shit. I’m glad we are out. Now we can concentrate on league & Europe. 

We most certainly need playersi nn ow. Our players are all starting to get injured and it won’t stop at that. We’ve not enough depth in our team to cover all these fixtures. If we get anymore injuries we are scunnered big time.

I really hope we get at least a striker & defender in by cut off for Europe and loan players for league. Big Ellis & McKay were free/loan players   I’m not looking again till Saturday morning. I’m out of here as it’s meltdown time. 

Aye, tae **** with one of only two opportunities to win a cup, let’s put all of our energy into getting 3rd and in Europe just to get pumped by teams outside of Scotland for a change.

17 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Rowles isn’t the right sided centre back Souttar was so we’ve not replaced him 

Rowles is on the left.

3 minutes ago, One five said:

Yip tomorrow is going to be interesting………………………………..

or not 🤷‍♂️

Nothing appears to be happening though. It has been obvious for weeks that we need more. While I appreciate saying if is easier than actually getting people in but this should really have been sorted sooner. We have some huge games coming up and the squad looks exhausted. I suspect Michael Smith picked up a knock tonight too. 

colinmorewasgash

Savage could come up with Ronaldo but final say is board and robbie. His recruitment  policy is to offer options I know for fact there was a few strikers offered to him but Robbie wanted more defensive cover and holding midfielder. We can only afford what we can afford. I was ridiculed weeks ago about lack of strikers or an attacking midfielder who cd score. Tonight for all the nice play we never looked like scoring. If you dont service shankland what other consistent goalscorer do we have in squad apart from boycie. Our squad id say is weaker than last season we dont have glass legs beni and simms. We were told after cup final we wd be looking at 8 cause of europe in even if simms was back. When neilson said we will make do with what we have  if we dont get players we want and just rotate squad a few weeks back (before zurich first game)that was warning sign for me. Now with injuries we are down to bare bones and toiling for new bodies.

31 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Grant is bang ordinary.

Think you're being a bit harsh there, particularly on Cochrane who I think is turning into a really good player.

Forrest and Shankland are good players, Shankland particularly will be the goal scorer we need if we can supply him. I do agree they're not really a big step up though.

Agree on Rowles, looks a good player but his place should be the bench and in rotation with Halkett and Kingsley. Shoehorning him in and shunting others out of their best positions seems crazy to me. We need a RCB and have done since Souttar left.

We were a striker short and now we're a striker and a CF short with Boyce's injury.

For me we need 2 strikers/CF, one RCB and one rwb (if we're to proceed with the 343). They all need to be quality first team starters imo 

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Savage could come up with Ronaldo but final say is board and robbie. His recruitment  policy is to offer options I know for fact there was a few strikers offered to him but Robbie wanted more defensive cover and holding midfielder. We can only afford what we can afford. I was ridiculed weeks ago about lack of strikers or an attacking midfielder who cd score. Tonight for all the nice play we never looked like scoring. If you dont service shankland what other consistent goalscorer do we have in squad apart from boycie. Our squad id say is weaker than last season we dont have glass legs beni and simms. We were told after cup final we wd be looking at 8 cause of europe in even if simms was back. When neilson said we will make do with what we have  if we dont get players we want and just rotate squad a few weeks back (before zurich first game)that was warning sign for me. Now with injuries we are down to bare bones and toiling for new bodies.

Some of your points are valid but to call Beni glass legs is completely stupid. 

Aussie Jambo
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Aye, tae **** with one of only two opportunities to win a cup, let’s put all of our energy into getting 3rd and in Europe just to get pumped by teams outside of Scotland for a change.

Prize money?

Cups?

Europe?

🤔

No doubt we’ll get pumped with what we have now but we’ll get more money for Europe than a shite cup. As I said. We don’t have the depth of swuad numbers for everything. We’ve got 5 players injured already. Do we want to be playing BetFred Cup of finishing 3rd and attempting to progress in Europe? 

Money talks shite cups walk. Europe wins every time. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
14 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Europe we're having a laugh, can't even deal with killie at home The squad should have been finalised and settled by now certainly won't be expecting much to happen tomorrow, maybe a loan or a squad filler about it 

4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Some of your points are valid but to call Beni glass legs is completely stupid. 

I think he is referring to Souttar. 

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The made up imaginary one I presume.

Seriously?

You are aware we get paid money to play group stage European football?

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

We've now failed to score in open play from 4 of our last 5 matches!!

Aussie Jambo
Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

Europe we're having a laugh, can't even deal with killie at home The squad should have been finalised and settled by now certainly won't be expecting much to happen tomorrow, maybe a loan or a squad filler about it 

Totally agree. It’s been how long and we have no one in the pipeline unless Savage has the best poker faces ever. As I said I’m really hoping we at least get a striker & defender in for Europe at least. Anything else would be a bonus. 

Central Belt 1874
25 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I can see it from both angles, fans are frustrated about lack of signings and it seems the players we have wanted, we haven't managed to sign for whatever reasons.

Ultimately it's not good enough that we are 1 day away from the window shutting and we are in a weaker position than we were at the end of last season. It was then clear in the Hibs game that we lacked attacking options from the bench and 3 and a half weeks later we are again in a weaker position due to injuries.

If we are looking to replicate 3rd and be competitive in Europe and have a run in the Scottish Cup we are at least 4 players light in my opinion.

Great post

15 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Nothing appears to be happening though. It has been obvious for weeks that we need more. While I appreciate saying if is easier than actually getting people in but this should really have been sorted sooner. We have some huge games coming up and the squad looks exhausted. I suspect Michael Smith picked up a knock tonight too. 

The thing is I can’t argue with any of your points but the way I look at it is we don’t know what’s happening behind closed doors so let’s wait and see, if we don’t get the sufficient players in we need I’ll be as annoyed as anyone in here.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***