*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think Trigger is likely to be one of these.

confirmed that wallace is being released by qpr

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's strange but i think that season in the Championship could be one of the best things that's happened to us. It sent a torpedo up our arse to get our house in order... and we've done that superbly.

IF we had survived that COVID halted season, we may well have ended up like hubz and the sheep in middle-table mediocrity. I loved it when Stendal arrived and thought he got a pretty raw deal in the end (not trying to start DS bun fight here)... but looking back, what has happened since then has been nothing short of miraculous and our club deserve huge credit... not that it's going to come from any Scottish media outlet, of course. But we have left EVERYONE (outside the OF) in our wake... I just hope we can keep it going - and I see no reason not to.

I we can continue adding 2 or 3 players each window like Simms/Beni/Devlin - then, exciting times ahead! Like almost everyone on this thread, any added income will hopefully be used on wages to attract the better players.

It’s a tough one. 

share the money out evenly and risk spreading it too thin and not getting a step forward in quality. 

concentrate it in a few individuals and risk resentment from the existing squad (like the hobos have done so spectacularly). 

i guess the trick is to go somewhere between the two poles, nail the team bonding and man management, and, critically, ensure the guys on top dollar are visibly good enough to take the collective to the next level. 

we nailed it with Beni and Barry (admittedly without transfer fees). It’s not straight forward but Joe and Robbie have shown they can do it. 

Uncle Buck
30 minutes ago, Torres said:

I know we've looked at the Aussie market and continue to do so. Could do worse than taking a shot on Marco Tilio. 20 year old winger that's broken into the National team this year. Played with Atkinson at Melbourne so would be surprised if we're not aware of him

McGowan spoke about him on SATF and said he’d be surprised if Hearts got him as he’s rated very highly.

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Will be 35 by the time our Europa qualifier comes round. Hard no from me.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, CMc said:

It’s a tough one. 

share the money out evenly and risk spreading it too thin and not getting a step forward in quality. 

concentrate it in a few individuals and risk resentment from the existing squad (like the hobos have done so spectacularly). 

i guess the trick is to go somewhere between the two poles, nail the team bonding and man management, and, critically, ensure the guys on top dollar are visibly good enough to take the collective to the next level. 

we nailed it with Beni and Barry (admittedly without transfer fees). It’s not straight forward but Joe and Robbie have shown they can do it. 

Baningime did have a transfer fee didn’t he? He still had a year left, think we paid about £100k. Unless I just made that up in my head.

Trigger has coached at Tynecastle and Kelly Hearts so far…

what could be missing from the set?

Edited by CMc
Failed to quote a post!

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Baningime did have a transfer fee didn’t he? He still had a year left, think we paid about £100k. Unless I just made that up in my head.

You might be right - was it we helped pay out part of his contract?

I guess what I was trying to say was the big investment was the wages (although if we did pay £100k that has been a lot for us in modern times). As opposed to splashing on both a big transfer and commensurate wages.  

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

It’s a tough one. 

Agree.... and this is exactly my point (in bold) we HAVE the right people in the right jobs (at least, that's how it appears to me). AB taking a step back and employing these people (Andrew McKinlay included) appears to be a masterstroke. Certainly, it's taken a few years, but we seem to be on the right path and timings have definitely been in our favour eg. being demoted when fans were not allowed into stadiums meaning, financially, we have not suffered compared to most and also the birth of the Euro Conference... meaning we have a Euro safety-net (in millions!) Let's face it, if someone deserved a bit of luck it's us.

34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Think he'll end up at Dundee United. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
42 minutes ago, Torres said:

I know we've looked at the Aussie market and continue to do so. Could do worse than taking a shot on Marco Tilio. 20 year old winger that's broken into the National team this year. Played with Atkinson at Melbourne so would be surprised if we're not aware of him

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

McGowan spoke about him on SATF and said he’d be surprised if Hearts got him as he’s rated very highly.

One to try and get IMO. Hearts must be attractive due to 1. Europe, 2. Our other Aussies, 3. Hearts will defo have a profile in Australia.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree.... and this is exactly my point (in bold) we HAVE the right people in the right jobs (at least, that's how it appears to me). AB taking a step back and employing these people (Andrew McKinlay included) appears to be a masterstroke. Certainly, it's taken a few years, but we seem to be on the right path and timings have definitely been in our favour eg. being demoted when fans were not allowed into stadiums meaning, financially, we have not suffered compared to most and also the birth of the Euro Conference... meaning we have a Euro safety-net (in millions!) Let's face it, if someone deserved a bit of luck it's us.

Yup. I think both times have helped. 

The original Budgement Day led to a much needed clear out an restructuring. 

Without CL in the picture, we have got talented football people in all the key posts now and are reaping the benefits from both the infrastructure work and the support from FOH. 

Whilst early Vlad era was incredible (like a drunken midnight joyride on a condemned Hungarian rollercoaster), this time around looks like far more sustainable with scope to come close in terms of ambition. 

Exciting times. 

Rogue Daddy
24 minutes ago, CMc said:

Yup. I think both times have helped. 

The original Budgement Day led to a much needed clear out an restructuring. 

Without CL in the picture, we have got talented football people in all the key posts now and are reaping the benefits from both the infrastructure work and the support from FOH. 

Whilst early Vlad era was incredible (like a drunken midnight joyride on a condemned Hungarian rollercoaster), this time around looks like far more sustainable with scope to come close in terms of ambition. 

Exciting times. 

🤣 need to take your word for that! Exciting times indeed! 👍

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Perica doesn’t score a lot for a striker.

In terms of league goals he's scored more than Boyce this season with 12 in 29 compared to Boyce's 10 from 28. He's played in England, Italy, Holland, Belgium and represented Croatia at U21 which is good going considering some of the strikers they have to choose from (and not surprising he hasn't made it into the full squad for the same reason). 

It depends who else is available, but I'd definitely be interested in him if he's attainable. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

In terms of league goals he's scored more than Boyce this season with 12 in 29 compared to Boyce's 10 from 28. He's played in England, Italy, Holland, Belgium and represented Croatia at U21 which is good going considering some of the strikers they have to choose from (and not surprising he hasn't made it into the full squad for the same reason). 

It depends who else is available, but I'd definitely be interested in him if he's attainable. 

Fair enough / would be interested to see more detailed stats I guess.

Batistuta87

Here's the obligatory for Perica: 

Looks like a good striker to me. Good mix of headers, running onto the ball, and being clinical in the box. And he scored a penalty! 😂

I wasn’t that impressed with that Perica. Did you see some of the goalkeeping and defending for the first few goals. The crosses made his goals more than great headers.

im not a huge fan of you tube videos, as it’s easy to make any player look half decent in selected clips. He scored a penalty, but if you put a montage of Boyces successful penalties, it makes him look amazing at them. YouTube clubs don’t show the misses. 

If you did a montage of Boyces good bits, he would look way more impressive than Perica.

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Perica doesn’t score a lot for a striker.

Hadn’t until last season. Almost 1 in 2 this season. 

That daft article from Everton had Simms XG for us at 0.5 which (if true) he is currently not quite achieving (although on an accelerating trend). 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, daftie said:

I wasn’t that impressed with that Perica. Did you see some of the goalkeeping and defending for the first few goals. The crosses made his goals more than great headers.

im not a huge fan of you tube videos, as it’s easy to make any player look half decent in selected clips. He scored a penalty, but if you put a montage of Boyces successful penalties, it makes him look amazing at them. YouTube clubs don’t show the misses. 

If you did a montage of Boyces good bits, he would look way more impressive than Perica.

I think he shows plenty composure, good positioning, and good aerial ability. Quick feet for a big lad as well. Agree YouTube isn't the best for judging a player and you ideally want to see them across 90mins (several times if possible) to properly decide, but it at least let's you see what someone is capable of. 

If Everton asked £700k or so for Simms, I'd be happy if we paid that to secure him for the next few years. I'm sure those in charge will be speaking to players, clubs and agents and getting the lay of the land. A mate from work was speaking to Robbie on Thursday night at the Rangers game and he said he had a decent chunk of money available for signings. Whether that means for transfer fees or for wages for players on frees or loan fees, I presume that's up to Robbie and his team.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Boyce needs benched.

we should bench our top goal scorer before the final why

Jamhammer
22 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Always think of this when Charlie Austin gets mentioned

Me too

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because in our last 20 games he’s scored 3 times, and despite the best efforts of some on here to say otherwise, his overall play is ponderous and not cohesive with the style of play we’re trying to implement?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When was the last time he looked like our top scorer?

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

When was the last time he looked like our top scorer?

His pass for Simms a couple of hours ago. 

Edit 

I am not saying he is playing well the now or the long term answer. He is the best we have at the moment. 

Edited by Rods

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know why though. He’s not been scoring anywhere near enough goals and in the last couple of games he’s been poor overall. He can do much better and needs to pick up some form. 

53 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Because in our last 20 games he’s scored 3 times, and despite the best efforts of some on here to say otherwise, his overall play is ponderous and not cohesive with the style of play we’re trying to implement?

This.

RustyRightPeg

Unsure if it’s been mentioned as I’ve been away for a couple of days, but my old boy who works in airport seen Shankland going through security first thing yesterday morning. 

He asked him the obvious question and he sort of winked and half smiled in response. 

28 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Unsure if it’s been mentioned as I’ve been away for a couple of days, but my old boy who works in airport seen Shankland going through security first thing yesterday morning. 

He asked him the obvious question and he sort of winked and half smiled in response. 

How did you fit your napper into a passport photo?

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

:lol:

Boy has to buy two passports

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

👏👏👏

Shankland is a Hearts supporter is he not ………… I think he will thrive here if we get the right players around him

will-i-am-a-jambo
51 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry to piss on your chips but I wouldn't read too much into that response. It's a bog standard reaction by footballers when asked if they are joining X club.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t get the angst re Shankland.

If we look at our attacking players - those not on loan first:

Boyce

McKay

GMS

Ginnelly

(Euan Henderson)

(Jamie Walker)

Woodburn (L)

Simms (L)

I would say we are definitely not keeping Walker, probably not Woodburn, will move on GMS, will move on Ginnelly if we can get better and might not be able to retain Simms.

That takes 8 attacking players down to 3.

Boyce is on the wane - it may be pre-season helps but I don’t see why Shankland doesn’t fit in as an understudy/new young blood to replace or supplement what we will be left with.

Euan H deserves preseason to prove himself but even if we signed Shankland and retained Euan, that leaves 2 or 3 other attacking places to be filled - bearing in mind we need to increase our squad numbers a little.

Even if we managed to get Simms again I’d say there were still 2 attacking spots up for grabs - we will flit between 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1 again next season IMO.

Those 2 spots could be proper quality players.

We have created a load of chances this season that we haven’t converted. Boyce, GMS and Simms when he first arrived are most culpable. Shankland probably converts a good percentage more of those chances of put on a plate for him like a lot have.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce

McKay

GMS

Ginnelly

(Euan Henderson)

(Jamie Walker)

Woodburn (L)

Simms (L)

I would say we are definitely not keeping Walker, probably not Woodburn, will move on GMS, will move on Ginnelly if we can get better and might not be able to retain Simms.

Boyce is on the wane - it may be pre-season helps but I don’t see why Shankland doesn’t fit in as an understudy/new young blood to replace or supplement what we will be left with.

Euan H deserves preseason to prove himself but even if we signed Shankland and retained Euan, that leaves 2 or 3 other attacking places to be filled - bearing in mind we need to increase our squad numbers a little.

Even if we managed to get Simms again I’d say there were still 2 attacking spots up for grabs - we will flit between 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1 again next season IMO.

We have created a load of chances this season that we haven’t converted. Boyce, GMS and Simms when he first arrived are most culpable. Shankland probably converts a good percentage more of those chances of put on a plate for him like a lot have.

If he moves for nothing, fine.

Any transfer fee would be a waste of money 💰 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce

McKay

GMS

Ginnelly

(Euan Henderson)

(Jamie Walker)

Woodburn (L)

Simms (L)

Agreed 

Simms

Shankland 

Japanese super star. 

Boyce 

All as central forward options 

Out wide-

McKay 

Forest 

Japanese superstar (as he can play along the front 3- he's a super star) 

Mystery player 1- fast but more intelligent than Gino 

Mystery player 2 - technical like Bazza 

Henderson, Pollock to provide back up. 

I really think folk think signing a player is like champ man and  it's easy to get a player with Shanklands scoring rate and Boyces all round game combined coming to us. 

I'm not even a Shankland fan but it's clear what he'd bring to the team. 

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce

McKay

GMS

Ginnelly

(Euan Henderson)

(Jamie Walker)

Woodburn (L)

Simms (L)

Good post. Even if Shankland didn’t start every week he’d be a great option off the bench if we need a goal. 

If Simms leaves then we’ll sign a minimum of two forwards imo. If Shankland is one of them I’d be quite happy. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce

McKay

GMS

Ginnelly

(Euan Henderson)

(Jamie Walker)

Woodburn (L)

Simms (L)

the only angst comes from people who haven’t watched him or really paid attention and they are quite simply wrong. He will finish the chances we create.

this aside, trust the manager - he knows him better than anyone

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Sorry to piss on your chips but I wouldn't read too much into that response. It's a bog standard reaction by footballers when asked if they are joining X club.

Extremely timely for him to be here the day after the paper who only reports when certain about Hearts transfer news.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Extremely timely for him to be here the day after the paper who only reports when certain about Hearts transfer news.

I’d be more surprised if we weren’t in for him than the other way round. 

17 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

If he moves for nothing, fine.

Any transfer fee would be a waste of money 💰 

Would it be a waste of money if he became our poacher and helped us win games

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce

McKay

GMS

Ginnelly

(Euan Henderson)

(Jamie Walker)

Woodburn (L)

Simms (L)

It’s not angst against Shankland, it’s about how we spend our money. We find ourselves in one of the best positions in terms of league position, confirmed European football and finances. We have in the past wasted money on players who are not good enough, and there are markets out there for players with far more potential and overall ability than Shankland that we could get for less or similar money it would take to get him. We have a recruitment team scouting areas of the world we never have before, and if they come up with recommendations based on thorough scouting and analysis and we end up not going for a player or players as we spent money buying ‘someone the manager knows from the Championship’ in Shankland and paying his wages, there’s a chance (given his previous top league record) that it could come back to haunt us. So, it’s not about Shankland and nothing against him per se, it’s the idea that we could and should be aiming higher than a player of his quality and overall ability.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d be more surprised if we weren’t in for him than the other way round. 

Yeah, Bob knows him. 

Bobmeister and shankmeister re United. 😎

Edited by Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Would it be a waste of money if he became our poacher and helped us win games

Yes 

32 minutes ago, pointon said:

We can not start the season with Boyce as our main striker p

He does not tend to be our main striker now a days already so it is highly unlikely we will

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Yes 

Bollox.  Seriously, why?

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***