*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

"YOU CAN SEE THAT WE NEED A FEW".............well can I respectfully request that you and Savage get your collective ****ing finger out then as many of us have been expressing these sentiments for weeks. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hope-for-busy-deadline-day-with-new-signings-as-robbie-neilson-admits-you-can-see-we-need-a-few-3826591

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

We have been very complacent regarding strengthening the squad and a few injuries have totally exposed us.

Even before the injuries I thought we were a CH short, we were a striker short, and we were a wide player short. We're now all of these plus another striker and potentially another CH.

Tomorrow is a big day.

Worried we don't add to squad. If we don't we will not finish 3rd and will be lucky to get 3 points in europe. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow

Jamboscanbevicius
12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

"YOU CAN SEE THAT WE NEED A FEW".............well can I respectfully request that you and Savage get your collective ****ing finger out then as many of us have been expressing these sentiments for weeks. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hope-for-busy-deadline-day-with-new-signings-as-robbie-neilson-admits-you-can-see-we-need-a-few-3826591

Interesting wording again from Robbie. Definitely piling pressure on the board and recruitment team to deliver!

Prepared to give Joe until COB tomorrow but if we fail to add 4 or 5 players to the squad then he has failed In this window. No doubt the players brought in have been better standard but our squad is far too small and that is what held is back towards the end of last season.

Edited by Renoir
Wrong button

BackOfTheNet
39 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Prize money?

Cups?

Europe?

🤔

No doubt we’ll get pumped with what we have now but we’ll get more money for Europe than a shite cup. As I said. We don’t have the depth of swuad numbers for everything. We’ve got 5 players injured already. Do we want to be playing BetFred Cup of finishing 3rd and attempting to progress in Europe? 

Money talks shite cups walk. Europe wins every time. 

But there has to be something in actually winning something. A trophy is something to want, even if it doesn’t give you the prize money 3rd does. And these things aren’t mutually exclusive, we can (and should) be able to compete to win the league cup and compete in other competitions. If we can’t, then that falls on either management or recruitment (or both). There’s no excuse for us not to, given the position we hold in Scottish football.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

colinmorewasgash
30 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Some of your points are valid but to call Beni glass legs is completely stupid. 

Glass legs was Souttar not Beni no problem. Its been so frustrating the fans have known for months before even boyce and rowles got crocked we needed another cb pacy winger, another striker with presence and a midfielder who gets forward. Yet our management team don't seem to have saw, what we all knew could happen. Halkett and kingsley have had numerous injuries in last 6 months as well so every chance they would get injured again. Cammys hamstrings still worry me too livvy away on that pitch and physical style god help us plus mikey smith has also had back and leg injuries recently did they not think we need more players. I get feeling we will be very disappointed at midnight tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Interesting wording again from Robbie. Definitely piling pressure on the board and recruitment team to deliver!

His comments post match are pretty nonsensical tbh. Says we're asking players to go again and again. We've played 5 league games and 2 games in Europe. Tonight was our first domestic cup game. Kilmarnock have played 2 more competitive games than us before tonight. That type of stuff before the end of August isn't buttering any parsnips.

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

His comments post match are pretty nonsensical tbh. Says we're asking players to go again and again. We've played 5 league games and 2 games in Europe. Tonight was our first domestic cup game. Kilmarnock have played 2 more competitive games than us before tonight. That type of stuff before the end of August isn't buttering any parsnips.

2 more competitive games in a longer time period. 

If the "potential" targets quoted here are correct, it looks like we have been trying for players or as fans expecting signings of a much higher quality than we could realistically get. Set the bar far too high if we thought the likes of Rogic, Elliot Anderson, Trent Sainsbury etc, etc would be anywhere near Hearts. Simms goal in the semi & general play would clearly attract attention from far bigger suitors than us. Did we really think we could get him back? The fact we haven't signed the numbers we needed appears to back that up that the club had unrealistic ambition. Now we appear to be left short. Can only hope we have a few rabbits to pull out of the hat tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, Barack said:

You should've been in Cardiff this weekend. Seen a couple there.

I don't just wanna seem them, I want one caressing balls into the box while another comes around late at the back door to knock it in!

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

I see Simms, who hasn’t scored in his last 4 games, is Haaland level now. Will he be brought up every time we lose?

If we could have kept him we would of. Time to let it go.

Not every striker is prolific. Simms done massive amounts of work for us in terms of build up etc and we simply haven't replaced him properly. Hopefully a busy day tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

We need quality in' - Neilson

FT: Heart of Midlothian 1-0 Kilmarnock

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson tells BBC Sportsound: "We had a lot of possession, but we were a bit passive. We didn't have that spark we normally have. 

"The culmination of so many games showed today. We didn't get the chance to rotate the squad because of so many injuries. We need quality in. If we need to wait beyond the window, we need to wait. 

"We're missing seven or eight first-team players at the moment. It's a tough schedule [coming up], but we need to make sure we don't have these performances again."

So we only had 3 or 4 first team players on the field tonight.    OK I'll start with Gordon, Shankland,  McKay.    Last one up for debate.   Devlin? Cochrane?   That's five. 👃   💩

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So we only had 3 or 4 first team players on the field tonight.    OK I'll start with Gordon, Shankland,  McKay.    Last one up for debate.   Devlin? Cochrane?   That's five. 👃   💩

Forrest. 6. 

Byyy The Light
58 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Do you have any scooby what’s involved with signing good football players? Ones that will improve a team of our level?

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Do you have any scooby what’s involved with signing good football players? Ones that will improve a team of our level?

Yep 👍

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

If the "potential" targets quoted here are correct, it looks like we have been trying for players or as fans expecting signings of a much higher quality than we could realistically get. Set the bar far too high if we thought the likes of Rogic, Elliot Anderson, Trent Sainsbury etc, etc would be anywhere near Hearts. Simms goal in the semi & general play would clearly attract attention from far bigger suitors than us. Did we really think we could get him back? The fact we haven't signed the numbers we needed appears to back that up that the club had unrealistic ambition. Now we appear to be left short. Can only hope we have a few rabbits to pull out of the hat tomorrow. 

So sign worse players?

Naisys Tackle

So sign worse players?

Nah just sign nobody then and dont add to the depleted squad.  Worked tonight and will work in the future. 

We dont make at least 2 very good signings up top then the season will be away from us by Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Forrest. 6. 

Yeah of course. exactly .    He wasn't up to par tonight unfortunately.    I'm guessing Robbie means rotational first team players.    I don't know.    

Naisys Tackle

Send your CV in to big Joe 👍🏼 **** doesn’t have a clue 

Did he get back to you?  You seem to know it all while dissing others opinions chief. 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nah just sign nobody then and dont add to the depleted squad.  Worked tonight and will work in the future. 

We dont make at least 2 very good signings up top then the season will be away from us by Christmas. 

You think they don’t know that?

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Yeah of course. exactly .    He wasn't up to par tonight unfortunately.    I'm guessing Robbie means rotational first team players.    I don't know.    

You're just picking holes in what he says. We were missing : Kingsley, Halkett, Baningime, Grant, Boyce, Atkinson and Rowles through injury and Kiomourtzoglou through not having a visa yet. That's 8 players who, while they may not start every game, are undeniably "first-team players". 

Jambo in Bathgate

Players that genuinely would improve the team cost money at levels we can’t afford. Therefore we have to work the market that takes time. We definitely missed Simms tonight to mix it with their defence. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Then theres the fact that 9 out of the 11 tonight that started was brought to the club under Robbie. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You think they don’t know that?

They should do.  Its been obvious since July. 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Did he get back to you?  You seem to know it all while dissing others opinions chief. 

Just dissing folk who are sitting on the outside criticising people who are trying their arse off to make us all happy 👍🏼 

Nowt worse than folk pointing out flaws and criticising stuff they have no information about. Opinions mean **** all if you don’t have any knowledge.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Just dissing folk who are sitting on the outside criticising people who are trying their arse off to make us all happy 👍🏼 

Nowt worse than folk pointing out flaws and criticising stuff they have no information about. Opinions mean **** all if you don’t have any knowledge.

Does that mean you know all the information then to rip others for not?

Sorry, just pissed off about tonight and the "at it" comment man.  Peace.  Here's for a productive day tomorrow. 

Do Savage and Neilson get paid handsomely? Curious as it sounds like they are doing their jobs out of some kind of civic responsibility! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Do Savage and Neilson get paid handsomely? Curious as it sounds like they are doing their jobs out of some kind of civic responsibility! 

Recruitment is difficult. Clubs expect big fees for players under contract. We at the moment cannot play large fees for players. 

3 hours ago, Spookie said:

Agreed but we needed 3/4 prior to the injuries, now we need 5/6 with 24 hours to go 

I fear Joe has cocked this up 

Tell me O wise one, how could we have predicted the injuries, and to whom?

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Does that mean you know all the information then to rip others for not?

Sorry, just pissed off about tonight and the "at it" comment man.  Peace.  Here's for a productive day tomorrow. 

I wasn’t the one flinging accusations about and criticising folk because I don’t have a clue what’s going on.

I do believe we’ve got guys trying hard to make Hearts a success and I do believe they’re trying like **** to make that happen. But no I don’t have knowledge I just lean towards that.

At it comment was just my reaction to what I saw as you at the wind up, looking for bites. If you weren’t fishing then ✌🏼

Not confident of anything decent coming in tomorrow, maybe a couple of panics to tide us over. Not genuine targets though

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Couldve got Doige I suppose 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I wasn’t the one flinging accusations about and criticising folk because I don’t have a clue what’s going on.

I do believe we’ve got guys trying hard to make Hearts a success and I do believe they’re trying like **** to make that happen. But no I don’t have knowledge I just lean towards that.

At it comment was just my reaction to what I saw as you at the wind up, looking for bites. If you weren’t fishing then ✌🏼

Not confident of anything decent coming in tomorrow, maybe a couple of panics to tide us over. Not genuine targets though

Cool mate.  I hear yoy. 

Fishing on the internet isnt my style. I hate posting anything mildly controversial then noticing Ive notifications. 

A few years back we had a signing policy of quantity over quality. At one point because of the policy, we had folk who weren't good enough to get a game, but sitting on the sidelines taking thousands each week for wages out the club. 

For the first time we have managed to weed these shitehawk players out the club. Does anyone seriously want to go back to these days ? Just sign anyone because the hoardes are up in arms ... Mental, absolutely bat shit mental 

No one but no one, unless they have inside information from people within knows exactly how hard we r trying, or have been trying to sign our preferred targets in the background. I would hazard a guess that most on here don't and are speculating as to the lack of effort being put in. 

I have listened to savage numerous times in interviews and podcasts and the guy knows his stuff. No f...... way is he, Robbie or anyone else involved in the recruitment side not out to actively bring in better players than we already have. 

This is the problem though - easy to recruit players to replace the likes of damour and Whelan who weren't worth the jersey in the first place.

Trying to recruit players to compete or be better than the likes of Mackay, shankland and even Forrest, not so much so. 

It isn't that these players aren't there. They are but are probably being persuaded to join other clubs for much more money. We had 8 first team squad players out tonight .... Cmon, seriously, I don't think there is a team in the league out with the OF who could have coped with that 

This might be a shite post but the amount of folk that seem to have all the answers and the know how, on here, as to how much we are f....... Up in the background with getting players in, but really know as much as the next one which = jack shit, is incredible 

J.T.F.Robertson
14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

A few years back we had a signing policy of quantity over quality. At one point because of the policy, we had folk who weren't good enough to get a game, but sitting on the sidelines taking thousands each week for wages out the club. 

For the first time we have managed to weed these shitehawk players out the club. Does anyone seriously want to go back to these days ? Just sign anyone because the hoardes are up in arms ... Mental, absolutely bat shit mental 

No one but no one, unless they have inside information from people within knows exactly how hard we r trying, or have been trying to sign our preferred targets in the background. I would hazard a guess that most on here don't and are speculating as to the lack of effort being put in. 

I have listened to savage numerous times in interviews and podcasts and the guy knows his stuff. No f...... way is he, Robbie or anyone else involved in the recruitment side not out to actively bring in better players than we already have. 

This is the problem though - easy to recruit players to replace the likes of damour and Whelan who weren't worth the jersey in the first place.

Trying to recruit players to compete or be better than the likes of Mackay, shankland and even Forrest, not so much so. 

It isn't that these players aren't there. They are but are probably being persuaded to join other clubs for much more money. We had 8 first team squad players out tonight .... Cmon, seriously, I don't think there is a team in the league out with the OF who could have coped with that 

This might be a shite post but the amount of folk that seem to have all the answers and the know how, on here, as to how much we are f....... Up in the background with getting players in, but really know as much as the next one which = jack shit, is incredible 

No shite post in my book.

Ricardo Quaresma

The hold-up, waiting for this point has arguably cost us, though, in terms of injuries and fatigue

Can’t believe Smith done another 90 minutes

Are we getting someone like Patterson or Smith very soon to replace him for next game?

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Very good post. 👍 

Easy to sign a batch of mediocre journeymen and has beens stealing a living from the club. It's much more difficult to persuade quality players to sign though, especially when they are under contract. 

I think we've had the added difficulty of having cash to spend. Other clubs and agents can hold us to ransom when they know we have the cash. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Players that genuinely would improve the team cost money at levels we can’t afford. Therefore we have to work the market that takes time. We definitely missed Simms tonight to mix it with their defence. 

Would Miovski (or equivalent) be outside our signing budget?

A player that would be great for us.

Aberdeen signed him weeks ago.

There has been a bit too much peacock strutting going on in our recruitment team IMO.

And there is no point in saying “well at least it shows we are aiming high”. No point if we spend ages missing our targets.

I also think the club has overestimated the draw of Europe.

Mighten choosing SW over us FFS for example.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

No shite post in my book.

Nor in mine.  We have also been frustratingly unlucky with injuries to key players.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Nor in mine.  We have also been frustratingly unlucky with injuries to key players.

3 seasons out of 4 now though.

At some stage you have drill down a bit deeper…

5 hours ago, savage said:

Worried we don't add to squad. If we don't we will not finish 3rd and will be lucky to get 3 points in europe. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow

I feel the same. 3rd is in no way a given but will be bloody hard work with luck needed. Same for any decent result in Europe. We will need to make it through injuries and how can we do that without replacements of sufficient calibre.

It's my opinion that the level of frustration clearly evident in most of the 600 odd posts on the subject of recruitment is more to do with the lack of information and rumours and hence there is no real substance for discussion. 

If there is nothing to talk about why not just wait for some news before commenting on what we clearly have no knowledge!

Churchill Barrier
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Blaming european involvement? Players are fatigued,  jeesus we have only played 2 games ! 

5 hours ago, Carter said:

This is what really annoys me, he’s saying players are struggling playing all the time and can’t rotate cause of injury’s. 
Look at the amount of games they play down south and the travelling that comes with it. 

The English teams all play 2 games a week right up till Christmas and they seem to manage fine 

We are knackered on last day of august 🤷‍♀️

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Blaming european involvement? Players are fatigued,  jeesus we have only played 2 games ! 

Think it’s 8 games in 24 / 25 days

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

This is what really annoys me, he’s saying players are struggling playing all the time and can’t rotate cause of injury’s. 
Look at the amount of games they play down south and the travelling that comes with it. 

The English teams all play 2 games a week right up till Christmas and they seem to manage fine 

We are knackered on last day of august 🤷‍♀️

When your manager continues to say the same shite over and over again you begin to believe it.

It's blatantly obvious the players are feeding off the pish he's spouting.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***