energy prices

Masonic

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I learned something yesterday about energy prices.

Wind power, hydro, nuclear, gas, no matter what the source or cost of production is, the equivalent price per unit is the same.

As I understand it, this is a government mandated thing, designed to give more expensive sources an equal footing. Basically, whichever source is the most expensive sets the price for them all.

But what it's done recently is force the prices of non gas energy up by the same amount, without their production costs increasing.

We can now expect massive profits from non gas energy production companies, enforced by the government, at our cost.

This is the issue and it’s the same in the EU.

Companies producing green energy are taking it in because fossil fuels went up…

yet nothing happened .

im sure they should be windfall taxed too , but they would threaten to “pull investment”

The other thing that need fixed is the dividends to shareholders- that should be paid out only from post tax profits to stop the avoidance .

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We had an outside loo.

Thinking back it wasn’t a bad thing using the Daily Mail to wipe my arse.

ha ha

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

ha ha

When I told the grandkids about the outside loo they thought I was at the wind up.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I learned something yesterday about energy prices.

Wind power, hydro, nuclear, gas, no matter what the source or cost of production is, the equivalent price per unit is the same.

As I understand it, this is a government mandated thing, designed to give more expensive sources an equal footing. Basically, whichever source is the most expensive sets the price for them all.

But what it's done recently is force the prices of non gas energy up by the same amount, without their production costs increasing.

We can now expect massive profits from non gas energy production companies, enforced by the government, at our cost.

And turning off the turbines because the grid can't deal with all the extra energy produced by the wind turbines, this in turn costs the consumer more in their bills.

https://news.sky.com/story/britons-paying-hundreds-of-millions-to-turn-off-wind-turbines-as-network-cant-handle-the-power-they-make-on-the-windiest-days-12822156

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Is the chicken just for you:whistling: 

Does a family dinner and a weeks worth on sandwiches for my lunch.

:pleasing:

Tommy Brown

Do my monthly meter read and found my 12 month usage (spreadsheet geek).

At Todays costs it works out as £3,460 per year for my 4-bed deteached.

A near 50/50 split between gas and electricity.

Gas boiler is original at 21 years old, getting it stripped out for a combi.

I think I would still like to look into a Heat Pump alternative.

Do you think the gov will extend the discount of £66pm for another 6 months? 

Make them look like the good guys.

Harry Potter
20 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We had an outside loo.

Thinking back it wasn’t a bad thing using the Daily Mail to wipe my arse.

Outside bogs were more healthier, smells moved off on door opening, houses now with toilets with

no window, yuk, whats that all about😕.

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Do my monthly meter read and found my 12 month usage (spreadsheet geek).

At Todays costs it works out as £3,460 per year for my 4-bed deteached.

A near 50/50 split between gas and electricity.

Gas boiler is original at 21 years old, getting it stripped out for a combi.

I think I would still like to look into a Heat Pump alternative.

isn’t there grants for heat pumps which essentially bring it down to the price of a boiler install.

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Outside bogs were more healthier, smells moved off on door opening, houses now with toilets with

no window, yuk, whats that all about😕.

Progress.😭

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

No

Jambo-Jimbo

Sky News understands that energy suppliers will be asked to keep energy bills at the same level they are at now and not to impliment the £500 rise in April.

Nothing confirmed, just a Sky News understands.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

isn’t there grants for heat pumps which essentially bring it down to the price of a boiler install.

Up to £5000 in England and £7500 in Scotland, however as air sourced heat pumps cost between £12k- £17k the householder would still need to find £5k+ probably more likely £7k or £8k for an air sourced heat pump.

Ground sourced heat pumps are priced between £2k & £15k according to this article.

https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/home-energy-scotland-grant-and-loan-scheme

Fxxx the SPFL
13 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Does a family dinner and a weeks worth on sandwiches for my lunch.

👍

heartsfc_fan
40 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sky News understands that energy suppliers will be asked to keep energy bills at the same level they are at now and not to impliment the £500 rise in April.

Nothing confirmed, just a Sky News understands.

They would be fair enough given the wild profits they are making.

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just heard on the news on Forth One that there's talk of the government extending it.

Nothing confirmed yet though

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This doesn’t change the amount the supplier gets. It means the government picks up the tab on the delta. 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Up to £5000 in England and £7500 in Scotland, however as air sourced heat pumps cost between £12k- £17k the householder would still need to find £5k+ probably more likely £7k or £8k for an air sourced heat pump.

Ground sourced heat pumps are priced between £2k & £15k according to this article.

https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/home-energy-scotland-grant-and-loan-scheme

They need to find an easy way to install them in all properties including flats. Aside from the price issue. 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Disgusting profits, they dont have any shame.

Instead of borrowing untold billions to shovel directly into the pockets of profiteering shitebag big business, why not use that money to carry out a nationwide programme of loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, boiler replacement, double glazing, heat pumps and other energy saving upgrades to all domestic and industrial property?

Oh, and maybe upgrade the energy infrastructure too, with larger capacity cables and energy storage....

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Instead of borrowing untold billions to shovel directly into the pockets of profiteering shitebag big business, why not use that money to carry out a nationwide programme of loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, boiler replacement, double glazing, heat pumps and other energy saving upgrades to all domestic and industrial property?

Oh, and maybe upgrade the energy infrastructure too, with larger capacity cables and energy storage....

That is too sensible.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Those doing the borrowing don't make any money that way...

28 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Those doing the borrowing don't make any money that way...

Well if people are spending less on energy bills, they'll spend it elsewhere, and the money will end up in the government's pockets eventually anyways.

In fact, probably more, as big business doesn't ever actually pay the corp tax it should.

mrmarkus1981_1

My meter at work uses an average of 27-29 units per night, i think its economy 7, the storage heaters charge up overnight jobbie!!!

Valda Energy didn't bother applying the average usage for 12 days in February, in fact they didn't add anything. They then decided to add 12 days worth in 1 day, take £550 quid off me and say i'm averaging £47 a day, £17k a year!!!!

Do you think i can get anyone to understand on the phone, NOPE!!!

001.png

002.png

It's a fekin joke when a TV personality(Martin lewis)

Is the forefront of opposition to the theft being perpetrated on Joe public from energy companies.

Economy 7 which is my gripe being addressed.

Where's the organisation from opposition parties organisations in a can't pay won't pay poll tax scenario.

Labour Party and movement is a sham in this country.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Is the forefront of opposition to the theft being perpetrated on Joe public from energy companies.

Where's the organisation from opposition parties organisations in a can't pay won't pay poll tax scenario.

It’s embarrassing.

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s embarrassing.

I've just emailed all my local mps msps and asked why Martin Lewis seems to be the only one kicking up fek.

And reminding them that they all claim fekin expenses.

Also named my energy company Good fekin energy who claim to be environmentally conscious yet see fit to charge me twice for meter .

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've just emailed all my local mps msps and asked why Martin Lewis seems to be the only one kicking up fek.

And reminding them that they all claim fekin expenses.

Also named my energy company Good fekin energy who claim to be environmentally conscious yet see fit to charge me twice for meter .

You’ll probably get a reply from one their minions.

38 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You’ll probably get a reply from one their minions.

Automated.

I'm on a fekin mission .

They won't truly give a solitary fek given they can claim it back.

Meanwhile we're meant to be grateful that our tax money gets handed over to discount our bills.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Automated.

I'm on a fekin mission .

They won't truly give a solitary fek given they can claim it back.

Meanwhile we're meant to be grateful that our tax money gets handed over to discount our bills.

We're soft as shite in this country. 

9 hours ago, Ked said:

:clap:

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Coal just 2% of energy supply today. 

Just think, we could supply Scotland, dirt cheap and sell our excess to highest bidder. But naw, let's give it to our rulere and pay 4x the price for them to return it to our homes. 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💩

Shooter McGavin
On 03/03/2023 at 16:32, Cade said:

Nah, let’s just keep borrowing billions to fund the profiteering, far more sustainable…

Shooter McGavin
9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We're soft as shite in this country. 

This.

Folk are too bothered about the family of immigrants down the road, to even see how badly they’re being mugged off.

:cost of living, fuel cost, Strikes, ÑHS, Deficit, Debt while big business, extort big Profits, PPE fraud, Covid mishandling, Government Lies. 

But, But immigrants :hypno: 

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nah, let’s just keep borrowing billions to fund the profiteering, far more sustainable…

To be fair at various points in my life there have been grants available for cavity wall and loft insulation. I think even now people on benefits can get various insulations for free. Cost me £60 I think we paid for cavity wall insulation on my first flat. If people can’t be arsed looking after their homes then that’s on them. 

Jambo-Jimbo
59 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

A little bit of much welcomed news for folks, especially the very last paragraph! 

image.thumb.png.62946fe8df4f9aa176fc414294340999.png

That Cornwall Insight company posted about this the other week, they think come July the EPC will be around £2100 and that tariff's should fall as a result.

The Old Tolbooth
33 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That Cornwall Insight company posted about this the other week, they think come July the EPC will be around £2100 and that tariff's should fall as a result.

We can only hope mate, as it's taking the piss right now. 

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is the bloody " far right " I tell you mate. they are to blame for everything. :) 

What's that, closets get rebuilt? Tick Tock. But the far right love you, don't they . Fecking sturgeon made me bleach my peach. :yadayada:

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's that, closets get rebuilt? Tick Tock. But the far right love you, don't they . Fecking sturgeon made me bleach my peach. :yadayada:

I don’t need any validation from any political parties . .  Sturgeon is a Boot and on the way oot . Stop greeting . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He’s got more faces than a town clock , he’s mr right on Leftie today . “ save the immigrants. “ haha imagine if we do and they get an Indy vote and Show their gratitude to the country which saved them. ? The uk 🇬🇧 

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's that got to with anything. That's up to macron. But hey, fecking dinghies :yadayada:

You Brits deserve to be shafted, wimps.

:10800:

The realisation is settling in nicely. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We can only hope mate, as it's taking the piss right now. 

My switch from Bulb to Octopus went through the other day, on my new dashboard Octopus have extimated my usage over the next year, which imo is way out, for example they think I'll use more this month (March) than I did in December and next month (April) I'll use more than I did in February, they also recommend that my monthly DD be increased by almost double to what it is the now, I'm £467 in credit so they can feck off with that idea. :laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My switch from Bulb to Octopus went through the other day, on my new dashboard Octopus have extimated my usage over the next year, which imo is way out, for example they think I'll use more this month (March) than I did in December and next month (April) I'll use more than I did in February, they also recommend that my monthly DD be increased by almost double to what it is the now, I'm £467 in credit so they can feck off with that idea. :laugh:

That's actually outrageous! These bassas should be done for direct debit scheme abuse, they were meant to be getting investigated by Offgem for it, but when Offgem are in the pocket of the robbing bassa government who run them, you know nothing will happen and more brown envelopes will change hands! 

Big energy always find some excuse or other to hike up the DD payments.

They then either sit on that cash and generate interest on YOUR money, or they put it on the stock market and bet with it.

It's a criminal cartel.