energy prices

Masonic

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Cade said:

"they" already know how much leccy and gas you use ya stupid mups

Exactly, it's called an electricity/gas bill.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Unknown user

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo

I often wonder what some people think a 'smart meter' actually does.

The term smart is a bit misleading as all they do is send an up to date reading to your energy supplier every 30 mins, 1 hour or whatever it's set for, that's all they do, they aren't smart enough to control your appliances or your energy supply or anything like that.

Dennis Reynolds

My smart meter doesn't even work for my gas. It's incredibly not smart or not useful for any government lead control.

Or maybe it does and I'm being lead into a false sense of security and the government are all secretly pissing themselves at how much I use. Probably something to do with that bloody 5G as well.

All part of the plan so your smart meter activates the nanobots in your blood from the covid vaccine then you want to become transgender it's all part of the plan

:conspiracy:

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

What sort of illicit reaso  would thr Government have for wanting to see how much Gas/Electricity you are using. Something which they'd presumably be able to do anyway regardless of the Smart Meter. Or is it just the principle?

yes the principle

1 minute ago, kila said:

Pay everything in cash to avoid being tracked?

It's getting more and more difficult to get rid of cash, I bought two 99's from an ice Cream Van at the rugby on Sunday and even that was card only, a ****in Ice Cream Van🤬🤬

Statts1976uk
10 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

The Shell in Galashiels today was 139.9 unleaded and 136.9 diesel.

Tesco in Westhill, Aberdeen has dropped to 132.9. Fife is still over 149.9 in most places. A lot of disparity.

Screenshot_20230516_171509_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Mighty Thor

Rejoice you utter mugs, your energy bill will be getting slashed to only 3 times what it was. 

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Rejoice you utter mugs, your energy bill will be getting slashed to only 3 times what it was. 

Scottish Power ****ers wanted to increase our DD. 
- Prices are gonna drop (not enough)
- Usage is less during the summer
- We were £100+ in credit

I spoke to them over chat asking how they can predict increased usage against that information and got them to stopp the unnecessary increase. The equation they use is not sophisticated in the slightest considering they can data mine usage over time to make far better calculations. Presumably designed so they are never owed but bank up a nice surplus.

Nationalise these ***** now and sack OfGem. Oh and if someone could find our tory troll a spine to make him stop taking it dry up the farter whilst tearily-eyed thanking Sunak for making him poorer, that would be good too. :P

Edited by Gizmo

Dropping energy bills in the summer 🤔 

Oh and inflation at 10% rejoice Rashid Sanook our saviour.

The Mighty Thor
10 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

and inflation to fall below 10% 

good news - Rishi is turning things around :greggy:

like clockwork. 

hmfc_liam06

We finished the year £400+ in credit. I’ve taken £300 out and left £100 or so sitting. Better in my pocket.

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We finished the year £400+ in credit. I’ve taken £300 out and left £100 or so sitting. Better in my pocket.

Golf lessons 👍😃

Unknown user

Got an email from British gas today to say hi, times are tough, so we want to help with your winter fuel costs, we've added £100 to your meter, cheers.

Great stuff, although it would have been appreciated more during actual winter!

10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We were about the same, just under £500 in credit. Just done a meter reading and our last bill gave us a surplus of £90. So probably at the right level to build up for the winter but suggests we overpaid last year. Will adjust the DD if the prices drop. 

hmfc_liam06
55 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We were about the same, just under £500 in credit. Just done a meter reading and our last bill gave us a surplus of £90. So probably at the right level to build up for the winter but suggests we overpaid last year. Will adjust the DD if the prices drop. 

As Martin Lewis was saying a couple weeks ago, as we come out of the winter no one should be more than 1 month payment in credit, we should have been using up all that credit over the winter. Instead there wasn't a single month that I was actually spending more than I put in.

I'm considering dropping mine by £30. According to Octopus's forecast, that would put me at £0 again this time next year.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As Martin Lewis was saying a couple weeks ago, as we come out of the winter no one should be more than 1 month payment in credit, we should have been using up all that credit over the winter. Instead there wasn't a single month that I was actually spending more than I put in.

I'm considering dropping mine by £30. According to Octopus's forecast, that would put me at £0 again this time next year.

we pay £340 now so wasn’t a huge amount over 1 months credit. Going to leave it for now. Scottish power reckon we only need to drop ours by £10 a month to get to zero next year. 🙄

We’ve pretty much ignored all their recommendations through the winter as they have been higher than we have paid and we are still plenty in credit. 

The Mighty Thor
15 hours ago, Clivehunter81 said:

Are the prices going to come down?

Doubtful. Not with a regulator that is so weak that it allows the cartel to set the pricing.

Making £8-10 billion a quarter is probably quite addictive and they'll not be keen to see that kind of income taken away.

Especially when the tax burden on £33 billion is only £15m quid.

Got an email from British Gas regarding the price cap drop in July and they will be announcing some fixed rates soon.

manaliveits105

It's ok Keith says Labour would freeze energy bills at current levels and insulate 19 million homes - absolutely nothing new then 

The bills need reduced not kept at this level and there's been free insulation for years

Labour can FO 

doctor jambo
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Doubtful. Not with a regulator that is so weak that it allows the cartel to set the pricing.

Making £8-10 billion a quarter is probably quite addictive and they'll not be keen to see that kind of income taken away.

Especially when the tax burden on £33 billion is only £15m quid.

Top rate in Scotland is 47% for you and I .

If my rates were as low as the oil industry, I would literally live in a castle by now

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

It's ok Keith says Labour would freeze energy bills at current levels and insulate 19 million homes - absolutely nothing new then 

The bills need reduced not kept at this level and there's been free insulation for years

Labour can FO 

Sir Keith and our next PM ♥ 

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Top rate in Scotland is 47% for you and I .

If my rates were as low as the oil industry, I would literally live in a castle by now

If the tax burden was shared equitably and everybody paid it then this shit hole would either be utopia or our top tax rate would be about 20%

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Captain Sausage
41 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If the tax burden was shared equitably and everybody paid it then this shit hole would either be utopia or our top tax rate would be about 20%

I think that’s what I find most frustrating. People on PAYE, even high earners, pay a fair share. 

It is business owners, and those able to self administer their tax affairs, who are able to massively exploit tax loopholes. 

Add to that the fact the genuinely wealthy leverage lower taxes on capital gains and therefore keep a substantially larger proportion of their income. 

hmfc_liam06
19 hours ago, Chaps said:

Got an email from British Gas regarding the price cap drop in July and they will be announcing some fixed rates soon.

This to me suggests to me that prices are going to fall even further. They're gonna want folk on fixes to keep those profits high.

Yes - have seen the energy companies telling everyone that they have fixed rates that could save people money.  Of course, they don't tell you that the actual rate will be dropping soon and if you fix it, you will find yourself stuck paying a lot more in 6 months time! 

Footballfirst

Rishi Rich was saying at PMQs that energy prices would be coming down soon (I assume he meant the price cap change that is due on 1 July). What is to stop prices coming down now?  The cap is exactly that. If suppliers are paying lower prices now, then we should see those prices falling already. But no, we will have to wait as every member of the cartel brings down their prices on the same day as the cap falls.  It is pure profiteering.

I notes earlier today that Costco' petrol and diesel prices have fallen to an identical 136.9p, not before time.  

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Yes - have seen the energy companies telling everyone that they have fixed rates that could save people money.  Of course, they don't tell you that the actual rate will be dropping soon and if you fix it, you will find yourself stuck paying a lot more in 6 months time! 

The worst of it is, folk will fall for it. I'll be staying on the variable for the foreseeable I reckon.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I notes earlier today that Costco' petrol and diesel prices have fallen to an identical 136.9p, not before time.  

Aye 10p per litre cheaper than our local Asda fuel station.

They've been consistently 10p cheaper for more than a year. 

manaliveits105

The Labour scum have not said they will bring down prices just keep the cap at current level - more chance of price cuts with the Tories 

Jeffros Furios

The Labour scum have not said they will bring down prices just keep the cap at current level - more chance of price cuts with the Tories 

:rofl: Tory BOT 

The Mighty Thor

The labour scum?

Good one M8 straight off the knee benders facebook page?

On 24/05/2023 at 19:24, The Mighty Thor said:

The labour scum?

Good one M8 straight off the knee benders facebook page?

And he claims to have voted yes.  

On that, another couple of fake yes voters have disappeared. One has left(hopefully everything is fine) and the other is awfully quiet these days with his hero gone.

• 1 month later...
Footballfirst
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tesco petrol prices creeping up.

So much for the price coming down.

Even Costco has gone up from 136.9 (P) / 134.9 (D) to 137.9 for both.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Even Costco has gone up from 136.9 (P) / 134.9 (D) to 137.9 for both.

So what has changed about prices coming down?

SectionDJambo
19 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

So what has changed about prices coming down?

Diverting resource from reducing fuel prices to reducing food prices? I think I'm correct in saying that Aldi and Lidl do not have filling stations on their premises. If so, Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury have a disadvantage over the German stores in that it's hard to make a decent retail profit on fuel whilst keeping prices low. Fuel theft by people driving off without paying doesn't help.  

Customers are probably more interested in food prices than fuel prices. The likes of "Which" certainly are, going by their survey results.

Supermarkets have, generally, destroyed the independent retail market for fuel, butcher shops, fish shops etc.. Now they are eating each other up.