Neilson ( merged )

jamborich

The White Cockade
8 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Robbies only worry will be if Willie Collum is the referee in the semi. 

That is without doubt the only chance Hibs will have!😍

Collum is one of the better referees 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Watt-Zeefuik

mellors1874
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Personally, would prefer players to be professional and focused. Motherwell were wound up to frenzy last Sunday and could have been down to 9 by 10 minutes.

Don't want ref to be given opportunity to send out players off as that is best chance Hibs have.

I'm not saying they should go out and kick the shit out of them.

We should be on the front foot straight from kickoff and put them under enormous pressure.

6 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I don't think Motherwell supporters would agree with you!😍

Had it not been for oor Wullie, Hibs would probably be into their 9th game without a goal!!

Edited by a11ank

Spitonastranger
16 minutes ago, a11ank said:

McLean would be the worry 

Ex member of the SaS
23 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

As much as it pains you are right about him, TBF to him he has been ok in recent games and as spitonastrangers says, McLean would be a disaster for us. All I want from officials is to play fair and by the rules.

Alex Kintner
On 14/03/2022 at 01:06, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I’d vote for him before you. 
****,  I’d vote for a dog $#!t before you.

Nothing personal.

:scenes:

57 minutes ago, a11ank said:

I see your Willie Collum and raise you Don Robertson

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

There are a few now getting their ducks in a row, putting everythig on this semi final as some kind of 'double or quits' one-off game.

Yes i think some are because how anyones first thought about getting drawn against Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi could be on what it means for the managers future is very telling

Watt-Zeefuik
14 hours ago, graygo said:

I make it €2,940,000 guaranteed.

Minimum conference league group stages.

Edit: As long as the shite don't actually go on and win the damn thing.

Exactly, the 2.9 is guaranteed, but it's also €166k per point in the group stage. So even if we only muck out one win at home against the third finishing team and lose everything else, it's another half mil.

Additionally, there's numerous opportunities to stretch that into considerably more, particularly if we somehow manage to win the UEL qualifier, because that not only boosts all the rewards, it opens up the third place door into the UECL knockout rounds.

I'd say I hope we take most of that guaranteed cash and put it towards a few signature signings and effectively earmark it to cover their wages over their whole contract, not just this year. Then all extra points earned are gravy.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I see your Willie Collum and raise you Don Robertson

Hibs only chance would be to get Dougie McDonald out of retirement !

2 hours ago, a11ank said:

Collum is the best referee in the country by a distance. Look at the big name alternatives - Madden Beaton Robertson Glancy McLean etc etc all utterly incompetent and every single one of them has done us over.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Collum is the best referee in the country by a distance. Look at the big name alternatives - Madden Beaton Robertson Glancy McLean etc etc all utterly incompetent and every single one of them has done us over.

Don't doubt you, but you say every single one of them has done us over.  That includes Gollum, many times over!

He 'bought' a team that can't score in a brothel the win at the weekend. That was the reason for my comment!😍

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Bozi said:

Handled the pressure fine at Hampden with *checks notes* Craig Wighton up front 😂😂

Indeed. With Popescu and Roberts in the team too while Hibs were on the coat-tails of Celtic with (allegedly) 4 of the league's best players in Doig, Nisbet, Porteous and Boyle and (allegedly) a manager in the running for the Celtic job.

If we win this one this will be our best season since 05/06. If we win the cup it will be up there with 97/98 and 05/06 as the best seasons in our modern history. So it's ridiculous to make this out to be some sort of high noon judgement game for Neilson. It's a derby and a cup tie so anything could happen but we should have more than enough. Ironically, given Hibs supposed reputation for flair, the big pitch should suit us better and Hibs may come to make a fight of it instead of making it a football match.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Indeed. With Popescu and Roberts in the team too while Hibs were on the coat-tails of Celtic with (allegedly) 4 of the league's best players in Doig, Nisbet, Porteous and Boyle and (allegedly) a manager in the running for the Celtic job.

If we win this one this will be our best season since 05/06. If we win the cup it will be up there with 97/98 and 05/06 as the best seasons in our modern history. So it's ridiculous to make this out to be some sort of high noon judgement game for Neilson. It's a derby and a cup tie so anything could happen but we should have more than enough. Ironically, given Hibs supposed reputation for flair, the big pitch should suit us better and Hibs may come to make a fight of it instead of making it a football match.

Agree 100%

Just worry about the folk who are sharpening their knives just in case 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

It's brilliant.  Bonner last night giving it the usual media narrative of big pitch suiting Hibs expansive style etc! 

🤣 Meanwhile we're all thinking about Barry McKay with all that space...

:sweeet:

14 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not buying that shite! How many vermin would have got a game for us?

I think he means that Hibs team was better than their current one.

And our Hearts side is better than our current one.

So he's nothing to prove, as he already beat Hibs in a semi under more difficult circumstances. 

Of course you could easily now spin it that if he loses this one its worse as we are now favourites, versus Hibs being favourites in 2020...

Which I'm sure everyone who doesn't like Neilson because he lost to Hibs once before in the cup, will do.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Exactly, the 2.9 is guaranteed, but it's also €166k per point in the group stage. So even if we only muck out one win at home against the third finishing team and lose everything else, it's another half mil.

Wow. Combined with FoH money and considering how many of our best players are on longer contracts, we'd never be in a better position to push on next season in terms of upgrading some parts of the squad to have us in the best shape possible for a European, cup and league campaign. 

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Our biggest obstacle here is over-confidence. Let hibs do the talking, let them talk about flair and big pitches and let us do our talking on the pitch.

Correct. A team should always do its talking on the pitch.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wow. Combined with FoH money and considering how many of our best players are on longer contracts, we'd never be in a better position to push on next season in terms of upgrading some parts of the squad to have us in the best shape possible for a European, cup and league campaign. 

To me the most critical factor for next season is to do the best we can in Europe, strengthen the side, and come right back and get third again.

It's could be much easier to challenge the OF if we had a significant revenue, quality, and performance gap between us and the rest.

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

To me the most critical factor for next season is to do the best we can in Europe, strengthen the side, and come right back and get third again.

It's could be much easier to challenge the OF if we had a significant revenue, quality, and performance gap between us and the rest.

Season Tickets will fly out the door if we get to, at least, the final and finish 3rd.

They will be high anyway, as always, but I'm sure the folks in marketing at the club will be looking to maximise revenue.

Good times ahead I reckon.

10 hours ago, a11ank said:

The only problem we have with Collum is when we play Celtic 

The Derby double is massive fir Neilson.

It's a chance to finally convince his doubters that he's the man for the job.

Losing would turn even more fans against him and the pressure would be intense.

Make or break

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Make or break

You make it sound like he is under pressure right now. I’m not seeing that. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You make it sound like he is under pressure right now. I’m not seeing that. 

You saw how quickly a lot of our support were calling for his head after the rough patch in February.

His Derby record is a sore point amongst a lot of fans.

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

True.

Forget any previous games though, any Hearts manager who loses a semi against Hibs will lose a lot of fans.  That's the pressure.  But then that's the pressure we want our managers and players to be under, it comes with being at a club who wants to achieve.

The positive is the huuuuge upside of winning that semi (with 3rd in the bag already too let's remember).

We're getting closer and closer to unity and that one win could all but seal it except for the odd tinfoil frother who should be discounted as a glitch anyway.

Funny thing is we beat them in a semi while they were apparently riding high and we were trudging through in the Championship.  Being behind closed doors, it's kind of discounted.  Do it again.  Show up these tramps and rub their faces in it.

Name one position on the park where they are better than us.  I honestly can't think of one.  Maybe right back as Cadden OK, but that's debateable.  Not one other player for player do they come out on top.

That brings with it, its own pressure.  When we play the OF, we give ourselves a chance.  That's what Hibs will be thinking.  11 v 11 (or as per usual probably add the ref to their side) and all of that.  We need to assert our superiority, foot on the throat from the off.  We do that, Robbie goes from likeable guy we want to do well and who is achieving admirably, to our fearless leader.

So, really nothing to do with the manager. We have better players in every position so they just need to do their jobs and we win comfortably. I don’t think the manager will be on the pitch during the game so it really is down to the players. 

17 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Make or break

That’s just nonsense.  Draw and loss to Hibs yet we are in group stages in Europe so we should sack him?  Just nonsense. 

6 hours ago, a11ank said:

Don't doubt you, but you say every single one of them has done us over.  That includes Gollum, many times over!

He 'bought' a team that can't score in a brothel the win at the weekend. That was the reason for my comment!😍

Personally I think the red card call was right. If it had happened in the 70th minute no one would have argued with it. He COULD, I suppose have issued a yellow and there was a tackle 10 minutes later which was just as bad and only got a yellow.

So he’s not perfect by any means but he’s still the best available IMO.

I can’t think of a recent game he’s done us over in, although go back 5 years or more and you’ll find plenty I would guess.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s just nonsense.  Draw and loss to Hibs yet we are in group stages in Europe so we should sack him?  Just nonsense. 

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying a lot of fans will be wanting him out if the Derby results are poor

Unknown user
On 14/03/2022 at 01:06, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I’d vote for him before you. 
****,  I’d vote for a dog $#!t before you.

Nothing personal.

That is quite personal

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying a lot of fans will be wanting him out if the Derby results are poor

Will you want him out?

Rick Sanchez

If we lose to Hibs at Hampden (lol) then I still think he'd be fine. If Hibs went on to lift the cup again....😬

In the eyes of a lot he'd have gifted them the cup twice and that negativity would run into next season...sad as it is to say.

It isn't my personal thoughts but it would be the thoughts of many.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

You saw how quickly a lot of our support were calling for his head after the rough patch in February.

His Derby record is a sore point amongst a lot of fans.

How many is a lot?

Everytime we’ve had a poll on here it’s been close to 50/50 either way. 
Unfortunately it’s 50/50 out of about 1000 on JKB. We have 13000 season ticket holders. It turns out less than 5% want him gone. 5% that we know of. A percentage of the 5% are #obos. That’s pretty obvious.

If we changed managers every time I was mad at Hearts we’d have 10 managers a season.

Fickle doesn’t even come close.

58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Will you want him out?

I'm happy with the job he's done and it would be daft to get rid because of a bad result, so no.

7 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we lose to Hibs at Hampden (lol) then I still think he'd be fine. If Hibs went on to lift the cup again....😬

In the eyes of a lot he'd have gifted them the cup twice and that negativity would run into next season...sad as it is to say.

It isn't my personal thoughts but it would be the thoughts of many.

Many? Not so sure.

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Hansel said:

I'm happy with the job he's done and it would be daft to get rid because of a bad result, so no.

👍🏻

But I agree that there is an element of expectation that we approach the hibs game - especially the semi - on the front foot. 

It's exactly as I said, the narrative is already being primed that if he loses the semi those who have bided their time will have their knives out again.

It's absolutely ridiculous, as I said of he manages to beat Hibs, confine them to bottom six whole simultaneously confirming 3rd place before the split, with a newly promoted team, that is an incredible achievement and a great way to wind them up.

If he then manages to beat hibs the following week, securing a Scottish cup final and a guaranteed 8 European games next season then he is starting to move into legend status...win the cup...Well he will rightly be talked about as one of our best ever managers.

That will really hurt the Robbie oot squad 

Harry Potter

Robbie in , Robbie oot , the fans should get together and stop all this schoolground nonsense.

Hes done a great job this season, we should win this semi, job done.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Robbie in , Robbie oot , the fans should get together and stop all this schoolground nonsense.

Well said Harry, getting fed up with all this bickering.

I don’t understand why people keep creating arbitrary targets in their heads and then post them on here insisting they must be hit?

Even more strange is the continual moving of the goal posts with regard to these targets. 

Must do this. He does it. Must do that. Does it. He simply has to achieve this or this will happen. He achieves it. Ah what happens if he fails to do this?

Everyone has their own personal thoughts and targets we would like the team to achieve. Everyone has varying different expectation levels. We are all different however along the way it is expected that people will unknowingly have the same expectations as others. That’s just life.

To take your arbitrary and personal targets and post them on here saying if they aren’t met this or that will happen is just stupid.

Robbie has his targets set by the club not by people on here. Hits them he will be fine. Misses them then he is under the scrutiny of the board. Continues to miss them then he will be sacked. It’s all very simple.

20 hours ago, a11ank said:

I would say Don Robertson would be worse. 

That guy openly hates us and I genuinely don't think we'd get anything out of him. 

We seem to be breaking teams down now and scoring goals which has been our big problem against Hibs this season - We've really struggled to break them down and get the ball in the net. Their Polish number 2 having the game of his life against us didn't exactly help either. 

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I don’t understand why people keep creating arbitrary targets in their heads and then post them on here insisting they must be hit?

Even more strange is the continual moving of the goal posts with regard to these targets. 

Must do this. He does it. Must do that. Does it. He simply has to achieve this or this will happen. He achieves it. Ah what happens if he fails to do this?

Everyone has their own personal thoughts and targets we would like the team to achieve. Everyone has varying different expectation levels. We are all different however along the way it is expected that people will unknowingly have the same expectations as others. That’s just life.

To take your arbitrary and personal targets and post them on here saying if they aren’t met this or that will happen is just stupid.

Robbie has his targets set by the club not by people on here. Hits them he will be fine. Misses them then he is under the scrutiny of the board. Continues to miss them then he will be sacked. It’s all very simple.

It isn't that simple though. 

The board made an absolute mess of Robbie's replacement,  albeit largely because of Levein. 

If anything the process for Cathro's replacement was even worse. 

They then clung on to Levein for far too long when he surely couldn't have been hitting targets. 

As a result Stendel's appointment was a rush and a mistake. 

His sacking though was really badly handled. 

Hopefully things are different now but the board don't have the best of track records. 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It isn't that simple though. 

The board made an absolute mess of Robbie's replacement,  albeit largely because of Levein. 

If anything the process for Cathro's replacement was even worse. 

They then clung on to Levein for far too long when he surely couldn't have been hitting targets. 

As a result Stendel's appointment was a rush and a mistake. 

His sacking though was really badly handled. 

Hopefully things are different now but the board don't have the best of track records. 

Im sorry but I don’t understand what your post means in relation to people creating targets in their minds for Robbie to achieve? Then post them on here with all sorts of caveats attached if he doesn’t achieve them?

I think today you should run 5 miles. Cut the grass when you get home and then wash the car. If you dont I think your partner will run off with the milkman.

Sounds fair right?

19 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

He HAS done a great job this season and no chance he is getting sacked, even if Hibs win the semi because that can happen in a one off derby match and we’d just need to deal with it

However if Hibs were to win the cup this season, they’d get the Euro Millions and we’d get sod all, a massive kick in the guts for the club and the natural psyche of the football fan is to look for who is to blame. You can guarantee Neilson will be under scrutiny if it happens. He d get slaughtered. He wouldn’t get sacked but he’d get slaughtered.    
Unfortunately he needs the opposite to happen. He needs to win the cup because doing that means he wins everyone over, apart from a few stubborn stragglers.

Im really willing him to take the extra couple of steps here and absolutely nail what’s left of the season

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He HAS done a great job this season and no chance he is getting sacked, even if Hibs win the semi because that can happen in a one off derby match and we’d just need to deal with it

However if Hibs were to win the cup this season, they’d get the Euro Millions and we’d get sod all, a massive kick in the guts for the club and the natural psyche of the football fan is to look for who is to blame. You can guarantee Neilson will be under scrutiny if it happens. He d get slaughtered. He wouldn’t get sacked but he’d get slaughtered.    
Unfortunately he needs the opposite to happen. He needs to win the cup because doing that means he wins everyone over, apart from a few stubborn stragglers.

Im really willing him to take the extra couple of steps here and absolutely nail what’s left of the season

Very decent post.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It actually is giving me the fear that so much is riding on one game. We cannot afford a repeat of the previous games against them this season where everyone and their dug seems to forget how to put the ball into the net. Our entire seasons success riding on one game is ridiculous frankly. But we are where we are. 

On paper, we've been more consistent than Hibs, Robbie as a manager has buckets more experience and has played games at Hampden in the latter stages of the cup. I'm trying to remember Paulo's quote about losing:

“If you believe that losing puts the pressure onto the other team that wins more times, okay, you keep losing. Keep losing and put the pressure onto us.”

Hopefully we go into this with the same attitude. Hibs have had a pretty bad season and the pressure is on for them otherwise we'll be able to begin to really pull away from them next year. 

In the league game, I'd play the reserves though. It pales in significance and I don't want to be picking up silly injuries before hand. 

14 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Yes, group stage football next season means at least 8 additional Hugh pressure games which makes finishing third again more challenging. Squad needs a decent upgrade for that. Season by season upgrades required if we are to ever get close to a top two spot. Should be a decent shout in the cups going forward though. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Any manager would be in trouble I'd we lose the SF. But we won't.

Why should they be? Two managers lose semis every season. Are they always in trouble after them?  Will Celtic or Rangers manager be sacked if they lose the semi? 
Looking at the bigger picture is what’s required and we haven’t been in such good shape, on and off the pitch, for a long time. 

upgotheheads

Are folk seriously suggesting that if we finish third in the league abut lose to Hibs in the semi final 

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

It actually is giving me the fear that so much is riding on one game. We cannot afford a repeat of the previous games against them this season where everyone and their dug seems to forget how to put the ball into the net. Our entire seasons success riding on one game is ridiculous frankly. But we are where we are. 

On paper, we've been more consistent than Hibs, Robbie as a manager has buckets more experience and has played games at Hampden in the latter stages of the cup. I'm trying to remember Paulo's quote about losing:

“If you believe that losing puts the pressure onto the other team that wins more times, okay, you keep losing. Keep losing and put the pressure onto us.”

Hopefully we go into this with the same attitude. Hibs have had a pretty bad season and the pressure is on for them otherwise we'll be able to begin to really pull away from them next year. 

In the league game, I'd play the reserves though. It pales in significance and I don't want to be picking up silly injuries before hand. 

Are folk seriously suggesting that if we finish third in the league but lose to Hibs in the semi then we will have had an unsuccessful season?

Cup ties are notoriously unpredictable, and H1b5 are not that bad. Even if they win the cup (unlikely I think) then finishing third and getting to the semi-final of the Scottish Cup is a good season. Measuring everything we achieve solely in comparison to what H1b5 achieve is bonkers.

Question: If H1b5 lose in the final and we finish third do they leapfrog us in the European qualifying situation? That would p155 me of a bit but we will still have had a very good season.

Edited by upgotheheads

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we were to deal with losing the semi and no chance he is getting sacked why does it change if Hibs win the cup?  Will Robbie be managing Rangers or Celtic in the final? He can’t influence a game he isn’t involved in.