Neilson ( merged )

jamborich

Neilson absolutely nailed it this time and deserves full credit for it.

If people feel the need to give criticism where it is due then they have to be willing to give credit where due as well.

Well done Robbie and the team.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Watt-Zeefuik

System change has been key. Doing well for us and with good acquisitions we should kick on again. Someone does need to tell Robbie however to get a haircut - the long locks with balding gaps look is not doing him any favours 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Would be great, but looking unrealistic.

20 points off 2nd now, will be most likely 30 by the end.

I'm a glass half empty type of guy:lol:

10 points behind next season, 5 points behind the season after.

This is how respectable clubs go about their business.

I believe we will close the gap significantly over the coming seasons with the same recruitment and professionalism the club as a whole is currently showing.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

10 points behind next season, 5 points behind the season after.

This is how respectable clubs go about their business.

I believe we will close the gap significantly over the coming seasons with the same recruitment and professionalism the club as a whole is currently showing.

What a load of shite.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

With our disposable income, we are where should be permanently.

We will be a few seasons. Then we will have a “war chest” for an assault on the league title. Robbie will keeps us consistent for a few seasons and then we will get someone new that will help us challenge. Robbie may even shock me and people and actually make a league challenge. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

What a load of shite.

Consistently narrowing the gap is clear progress. 🤷‍♂️

57 minutes ago, Bauld said:

If people feel the need to give criticism where it is due then they have to be willing to give credit where due as well.

Doesn't happen on here.  Dish out criticism with venom and hide when results are good.

Surely we have surpassed our expectations this season?  The cup is a long shot.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

We will be a few seasons. Then we will have a “war chest” for an assault on the league title. Robbie will keeps us consistent for a few seasons and then we will get someone new that will help us challenge. Robbie may even shock me and people and actually make a league challenge. 

‘War chest’ 😄

59 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Quite right. So we could do without the "where's your criticism now?" posts that seem to appear every time we play well.

davemclaren
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Quite right. So we could do without the "where's your criticism now?" posts that seem to appear every time we play well.

Definitely should be more positive along the lines of ‘where are your plaudits now?’. 😄

3rd and a semi final is a great season. Here's the reality, though. If we get put out by hibs, or hibs go on to win (both unlikely scenarios), the dogs will be back at his door. 

Just now, jambogaza said:

3rd and a semi final is a great season. Here's the reality, though. If we get put out by hibs, or hibs go on to win (both unlikely scenarios), the dogs will be back at his door. 

Hibs aren’t beating us anytime soon imo. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hibs aren’t beating us anytime soon imo. 

Based on what I saw today I would agree, but then it is a one off fixture at Hampden.  Still need to turn up and assert ourselves.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Doesn't happen on here.  Dish out criticism with venom and hide when results are good.

Surely we have surpassed our expectations this season?  The cup is a long shot.

Tbf those expectations for most of the “accepting mediocrity” bellends and critics of AB or RN or the club or life was for us to be relegated by about 40points so….. 

5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Good argument 

Not worth it. Does nothing but troll in his latest guise same as his previous one

John Findlay

I'm sure a certain poster whose name rhymes with titch and is aged between 40 and 42, will be along to tell us where it all went wrong for Neilson and Hearts last night.

2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Good argument 

His statement was a respectable club would close the gap by 5 points per season. Should that be our aim or should it be close it as much as possible while pulling away from the others?

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Not worth it. Does nothing but troll in his latest guise same as his previous one

What was my previous one?

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’d like to think we could sneak higher than third at some point. 😎

Would be good to do that Dave, but only happened twice in last 30 years so a big ask unless one of the uglies fall on hard times again. Interesting that third place and semi or better in big cup only been done once in last thirty years. 

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

What was my previous one?

Go away 👍🏻 Cheers thanks - from most of jkb 😉

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Are you the official mouthpiece now?

I prefer spokesperson.. has a classier ring to it you can keep that noun for yourself. Buh bye 🤘🏻

Edited by sadj

Just now, sadj said:

I prefer spokesperson.. has a classier ring to it you can keep that noun for yourself. Buh bye 🤘🏻

Am I banned now?

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be good to do that Dave, but only happened twice in last 30 years so a big ask unless one of the uglies fall on hard times again. Interesting that third place and semi or better in big cup only been done once in last thirty years. 

Absolutely, all the stars have to align at once. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely, all the stars have to align at once. 

I think its a busted flush to even consider it just now. Such is the disparity. In saying that the aim has to be to put away every team outside the OF which with a bit of European money could be achievable. Then see what happens in the OF games. Would require refs that werent useless too😒

Edited by sadj

Watt-Zeefuik

There was a worry in our losing streak that it would become an extended drab period and that we'd risk losing third.

That's been sorted out and we've negotiated a potentially tough round of fixtures with relative ease and smashed through one of the better St. Mirren teams in memory to get to Hampden, even with a heavily injured squad.

Neilson was in a testing period there. He's passed it well.

10 more points from 8 games should be plenty (12 would mathematically ice it) and hopefully two cup ties to plan for. A very fine and lucrative season almost done and dusted.

Arthur Morgan

You can tell it gets to a few on here that Robbie has us doing well 😂

Edited by Arthur Morgan

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I'm sure a certain poster whose name rhymes with titch and has an IQ between 40 and 42, will be along to tell us where it all went wrong for Neilson and Hearts last night.

FTFY!

HeartsandonlyHearts
14 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I was fearing the worst before the game last night.

St Mirren played a very open game and Hearts were up for it from the start.

We have the best squad outwith the uglies and in an open game, we should come through.

It's when teams play defensively against we struggle to break down. This is when Robbie gets it tight, from me included.

In short, RN is doing well this season and better than we expected. But, we have a strong squad and should be where we are.

Can we do better with a different coach?

We can only speculate.

👻 oh no it’s the boogie man

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 hours ago, Herbert said:

What a load of shite.

Why is it a load of $#!te?

Surely closing the gap season by season is the goal and would be seen as a positive. No?

Maybe I’m missing what you meant.

HeartsandonlyHearts
7 hours ago, Herbert said:

Are you the official mouthpiece now?

I’d vote for him before you. 
****,  I’d vote for a dog $#!t before you.

Nothing personal.

7 hours ago, sadj said:

I think its a busted flush to even consider it just now. Such is the disparity. In saying that the aim has to be to put away every team outside the OF which with a bit of European money could be achievable. Then see what happens in the OF games. Would require refs that werent useless too😒

IMO all we can do is maximise and be the best we can possibly be. We won’t reach the level they are at just now, but there is always a chance that one of them drop back to close to our level. We need to be ready for that and how to be ready is consistently and comfortably 3rd place. The perfect storm would of course be that they both drop significantly in the same season.

Although it’s 20 points and likely to be 30 before the end of the season, take 5 wins off them and add 5 wins to us and it’s damn close. That’s doable if you get the scenario above, especially if the wins and losses are changing partly because we’re beating them a few times, doesn’t have to even be every time.

The next stage for us is to cut out as many daft results as possible, like Dundee and St J ( how many points is that we claw back for those games alone ? 8 is it ?

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Why is it a load of $#!te?

Surely closing the gap season by season is the goal and would be seen as a positive. No?

Maybe I’m missing what you meant.

What's the respectable club pish all about? 

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I’d vote for him before you. 
****,  I’d vote for a dog $#!t before you.

Nothing personal.

I'm devastated. 

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

IMO all we can do is maximise and be the best we can possibly be. We won’t reach the level they are at just now, but there is always a chance that one of them drop back to close to our level. We need to be ready for that and how to be ready is consistently and comfortably 3rd place. The perfect storm would of course be that they both drop significantly in the same season.

Although it’s 20 points and likely to be 30 before the end of the season, take 5 wins off them and add 5 wins to us and it’s damn close. That’s doable if you get the scenario above, especially if the wins and losses are changing partly because we’re beating them a few times, doesn’t have to even be every time.

The next stage for us is to cut out as many daft results as possible, like Dundee and St J ( how many points is that we claw back for those games alone ? 8 is it ?

Good post and I agree totally with the part in bold.

We have given away a few silly points this season which is frustrating. I put this down to inexperience within the squad rather than a failing of the management.

Every club drops silly points here and there however so it’s not unique to us.

Hopefully moving forward and as the team develops as a unit these blips become more infrequent.

kingantti1874
19 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Or maybe people criticise when it's justified.

There isn't much to criticise at the moment. 

valid criticism after a bad performance is justified. This thread is populated with those who just want neilson sacked no matter how well he does.  Silent when we are doing well.. pissing their pants when we have an off week demanding the guys head. 

Brilliant, brilliant season from Robbie.  Cup semi final and comfortably third in the league.  A real two fingers up to his doubters.

we are so lucky to have him but if he does decide to move on I’d want someone like mcinnes who knows how to get a result and is not afraid of putting a couple of centre half’s in midfield to grind out a result.

19 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Or maybe people criticise when it's justified.

There isn't much to criticise at the moment. 

Theres a difference between justifiable criticism and just slavering nonsense because it suits an agenda though. If people are going to go all in on the criticism during the poor spell & then scuttle off back under a rock when we turn it back around it tells you all you need to know about their credibility.

19 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Would be great, but looking unrealistic.

20 points off 2nd now, will be most likely 30 by the end.

I'm a glass half empty type of guy:lol:

You're right that gap is big. We also need to consider the negative impact of league stage euro involvement which the club needs to manage going forward.

However the job isn't necessarily to overhaul the OF, its to get closer and closer. Make SURE we're in that spot between them and the rest. OF, 10-20 points, us, 10-20 points, the rest.

Make that spot ours. History shows it has been ours more than anyone else's but truth is its shared around, we just took a turn more. That consistency is key.

From there, the dream season is more doable. Said it before but Spain only had a big 2 for quite a while until Atl Madrid upset things. That needs to be us (scaled down a bit!)

This season has been great and no complaints but it's easy to find obvious dropped points that would get us 10-15 closer to the top. They are the points we need to make prisoners next season. Easier said than done. Like we should be getting 6pts at home against Dundee not 1! But the point is the week in week out nature of it.

Give Robbie credit, I was wanting him out after the Brora debacle last season. My opinion at the time was no Hearts manager should survive that. However to his credit he has turned it around along with everyone else at the club and this is the first time in a long time I can remember us having such a strong side and squad. Big end to the season though, however this is where we want to be at the business end. Win on Saturday and 3rd is as good as wrapped up. The cup is the big one, it feels like we have a real big opportunity here but it will all depend on the semi final and getting a bit of luck, no doubt we are going to have to beat one of or both halves of the OF to win it which will take a monumental effort. 

You know what to do Robbie, I've been very critical in the past about that money spinner game. 

You have guided us to 3rd place and I can only say well done, and full credit to you and board for that. 

Now to make up for past failure, shut me and the haters up once and for all. 

Get us to the final 👍🙏

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know what to do Robbie, I've been very critical in the past about that money spinner game. 

You have guided us to 3rd place and I can only say well done, and full credit to you and board for that. 

Now to make up for past failure, shut me and the haters up once and for all. 

Get us to the final 👍🙏

This is something he could rightly call a money spinner too

Just now, JimmyCant said:

This is something he could rightly call a money spinner too

Yeah, but felt at the time it was disrespectful to the fans, who had paid good money to see us win that day. 

Then the return leg at fester 😔😑

Anyway please I don't care how we win it just win. 

Just now, Barack said:

He's already gotten to a final though. After beating Hibs. 

And the Final will be against an OF again. Bar winning it against the odds, I'm not sure what more folk could reasonably expect. Added into the € millions we're already virtually guaranteed via both league & potentially Cup. 🤷‍♂️

Still. We'll beat them. Can argue semantics at a later date.

I agree Barack but what I'm saying is in my opinion, if he was to win this semi final against Hibs, never again would I or other's be able to bring up that game in the past. 

This is huge. 

Europe get you're passport ready, get the player's that are pre contracts sorted, come and play for a big team Regan Charles Cook 😉

Just win I don't care if its a last minute goal resulting in a corner and it hits off McEneffs Bass Rock 😂

Just win this 😀 win this and we end Hibs season, what an incentive a final and to rub salt in the wounds even further i hate them. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's already gotten to a final though. After beating Hibs. 

And the Final will be against an OF again. Bar winning it against the odds, I'm not sure what more folk could reasonably expect. Added into the € millions we're already virtually guaranteed via both league & potentially Cup. 🤷‍♂️

Still. We'll beat them. Can argue semantics at a later date.

I suppose that's the thing, we'll be guaranteed next to nothing from Europe if we get beat in the Semi so quite rightly this is the must win game regardless of what happens the week before and/or in a potential final. 

Saint Jambo

If we win the cup this season (I know that is a very big 'if'), would Neilson be the first person to win both a major trophy with Hearts as a player and a manager? Or did someone manage it in our early history?