**Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Match day thread**

WDJ87

Can we not just move the game by an hour or something? Sounds like it's meant to clear up around kick off but obviously that's no use to fans who can't travel

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Can we not just move the game by an hour or something? Sounds like it's meant to clear up around kick off but obviously that's no use to fans who can't travel

With not being on tv I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed kick off.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

With not being on tv I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed kick off.

No way will kick off be delayed. Travelling fans dont matter......I'm a travelling fan by the way.

On alba later for anyone that cant get to the game.

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s pretty good going for him to last 70 minutes. When I took my nephew he’d fidget and moan after half an hour. Ended up leaving it a year or so, then the next time I took him he fell asleep. 

It was a beautiful day, not in the middle of a named storm :lol:

I don't hold out the same hope for today!

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No way will kick off be delayed. Travelling fans dont matter......I'm a travelling fan by the way.

On alba later for anyone that cant get to the game.

I don’t think they will at all, I was just saying that it would be an option. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

It was a beautiful day, not in the middle of a named storm :lol:

I don't hold out the same hope for today!

Haha. True enough. 😀

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I don’t think they will at all, I was just saying that it would be an option. 

They will always go with the bigger figure, so plenty will be in ground for kickoff thus 3pm it is. Be there or be square.

We could do with sticking a few past them ahead of Tuesday, send out a nice message to the Hobos, 4-0 for us with McKay to get his first.

Hearts of Vladland

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Halkett in for the derby, Robbie has went from saying it was just a tight hamstring to he’ll be out for a few weeks. I suspect it is just mind games and he will be rested today but start on Tuesday.

Just now, Hearts of Vladland said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Halkett in for the derby, Robbie has went from saying it was just a tight hamstring to he’ll be out for a few weeks. I suspect it is just mind games and he will be rested today but start on Tuesday.

Don’t think so - Robbie said it was a “bad one” and we’re awaiting results of his scan. ☹️

The Wrinkly Ninja

Sun is out over Gorgie.

Wind has died down to a gust.

My cat has moved from his windy windowsill spot because there are no longer leaves, tin cans and carrier bags swirling around.

August Landmesser
47 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Aberdeen and Arbroath games off

Good, allows us to pull even further ahead of the sheep if we win. Points on the board always better than games in hand. 

Hearts of Vladland
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Don’t think so - Robbie said it was a “bad one” and we’re awaiting results of his scan. ☹️

Robbie done similar with Kingsley a few weeks ago.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As we play it on the deck more these days am not sure if the wind would be the sort of “leveller” it might have been in the past. 

That said with Motherwell being a bit more direct it may benefit them. 

Anyway it is what it is.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Robbie has mentioned bringing physicality into the game.

I wonder if that means it’s more likely Halliday starts than Cochrane?

Ellis as the 3rd attacker.

Haring defo but the key is - who with as Beni was a Rolls Royce when he came in against Celtic but Cammy is “nippier” and arguably gets stuck in more…

highlandjambo3

Devlin to wind his neck in today or he’ll end up on a red.  Ok, it was great to see him storming about when he first came here getting involved in everything but, his wyndomiter had been creeping up and he’ll be firmly on the refs radar.  It showed last week when he was surrounded by quality opposition he was getting frustrated and rightly hooked.

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Robbie has mentioned bringing physicality into the game.

I wonder if that means it’s more likely Halliday starts than Cochrane?

Ellis as the 3rd attacker.

Haring defo but the key is - who with as Beni was a Rolls Royce when he came in against Celtic but Cammy is “nippier” and arguably gets stuck in more…

Beni brings a calmness to our play which is a joy to watch, its frustrating because adopting a 433 instead sorts out all of our problems on selection and finds a place for McEneff who seems to be becoming a bit of a forgotten man at the moment. Thing is, 343 is working, so I suppose its a headache worth having?

If Halliday can play out his skin for the rest of the season, then he's absolutely deserving of a new contract, but would hesitate until then. I'd rather keep him playing for it. Cochrane really didn't impress against Celtic. I thought he looked a bit lost and in big fixtures you cannot afford that. 

I'd be very tempted to play Ellis as our main striker and having Gino in particular running off him. Woodburn could really come to life with him too. 

Quite excited to see how we line up today!

Brown Stuff 74

Hospitality for me the day. When was the last time we were at home and the hobos were at Fester in the same day? 

:yas:

3 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Hospitality for me the day. When was the last time we were at home and the hobos were at Fester in the same day? 

:yas:

I hear the Easter Road hospitality is a bit meh. ;)

maroonlegions
16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I hear the Easter Road hospitality is a bit meh. ;)

Is the piggery still intact after this wind.:greggy::scenes: 

I mean i used to have trouble playing subbuteo  stands falling down everywhere. 

Edited by maroonlegions

Ross county and Rangers game still playing.   If their game is fine ours should be OK. 

Looking forward to this one.   Might be a draw ahead of the derby, maybe 1-1.   We have the better squad but not sure how many knocks we took, energy spent, bedding a new center back. 

I hope Simms starts from the off today he is a big lad and look’s pretty mobile too. 
Not sure if Sibbick  is match fit yet. 

22 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Devlin to wind his neck in today or he’ll end up on a red.  Ok, it was great to see him storming about when he first came here getting involved in everything but, his wyndomiter had been creeping up and he’ll be firmly on the refs radar.  It showed last week when he was surrounded by quality opposition he was getting frustrated and rightly hooked.

I said something similar after his performance on Wednesday. He is passionate and loves to get involved but he needs to keep out of things when he has not been involved. He is getting silly bookings and I think Robbie hooked him at half time before he got a red. I hope Robbie has been having a word with him about this.

Nothing wrong with getting stuck in and having a lot of desire to win and do well but he needs to cool it a bit.

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

5 possibly 6 changes

Halkett and Smith out is two, Devlin benched for Beni, McKay rested and Halliday in for Cochrane?

All I could think of :D I'd be surprised to see Simms brought in immediately. 

Just now, OTT said:

Halkett and Smith out is two, Devlin benched for Beni, McKay rested and Halliday in for Cochrane?

All I could think of :D I'd be surprised to see Simms brought in immediately. 

Almost bang on 👏 

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Prediction:

Gordon 

Moore Souttar Kingsley 

Atkinson Beni Devlin Halliday 

GMS

Simms Boyce 

No place for Mckay..... meh

4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Just been up town. Definitely not stormy anymore. Gusty and strangely warm. I reckon game is on!

Would be a bit late to call it off now I reckon

21 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Prediction:

Gordon 

Moore Souttar Kingsley 

GMS

Simms Boyce 

I'd be tempted to put Woodburn or McKay in for GMS tbh. 

Like the look of that though. 

pettigrewsstylist

Going to be an interesting line up today, some forced and of course several new faces chomping at the bit. Sibbick knows tynie so not so much of a nervousness there i would imagine and Simms obviously got some minutes the other night. These changes could mean a tepid start tho. Hope not as first goal could be the real difference today i reckon. Reckon Atkinson could be a big player today if on from start.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Prediction:

Gordon 

Moore Souttar Kingsley 

GMS

Simms 

No Mackay??

27 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Prediction:

Gordon 

Moore Souttar Kingsley 

GMS

Simms Boyce 

If that’s the team I think the formation will be as you have it except swap Halliday for GMS

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If that’s the team I think the formation will be as you have it except swap Halliday for GMS

I think it will be the more usual 3-4-3 with Boyce playing wider.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Haring can feel very aggrieved and I'm hoping he's just being rested for Tuesday because he's a better player than Devlin and should be in ahead of him.

Screenshot_20220129-144711_Instagram.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think it will be the more usual 3-4-3 with Boyce playing wider.

Be surprised if Boyce played wide

GMS?  Assume McKay is carrying a knock.

Halliday for Cochrane?

The bench is very strong.  

Edited by Tasavallan