**Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Match day thread**

WDJ87

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Haring can feel very aggrieved and I'm hoping he's just being rested for Tuesday because he's a better player than Devlin and should be in ahead of him.

Screenshot_20220129-144711_Instagram.jpg

Definitely should feel aggrieved as he's been playing well. I think Devlin is better when we are going to be looking to be in control of the game, he moves the ball quicker. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Be surprised if Boyce played wide

The number of folk who still don’t get how our system works is astonishing

Gordon 

Moore - Souttar - Kingsley 

Atkinson - Beni - Devlin - Halliday 

Simms - Boyce - GMS

Decent enough to win this!

Bazzas right boot

I think 442,but that's a team that makes this game a bit closer. 

Suprised Haring is dropped. 

Was a bit WTF when I first saw the team sheet, but to be fair 3 games in 6 days by the time the Derby comes around. With players that have injury histories, niggles, fitness issues etc. Makes a bit more sense in that context. Just hope we’re not taking Motherwell lightly, they’re 4th for a reason.

17 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Need Haring to start we got bullied last time against Motherwell in midfield. 

And Moore struggled in central defence in that game

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

GMS?  Assume McKay is carrying a knock.

Halliday for Cochrane?

The bench is very strong.  

as always, we have a very strong squad.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think 442,but that's a team that makes this game a bit closer. 

Suprised Haring is dropped. 

Correct. Well it won’t be 442 but your right about Devlin vs Haring. Devlin must be doing something that a lot of us are missing. I think he’s a very limited player. A ball winner for sure  but he’s not got much else. Haring is twice the player IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

Hope Haring is just being rested for Tuesday. Devlin has been a bit off recently, mind you I think he plays better when next to Beni. Can't remember the last time I looked at the team sheet and wasn't annoyed 🙄 I'll change my 3-1 to 1-0 Hearts

Edited by WDJ87

We will se how this works out but I think that’s an extremely strong side. Been screaming for two strikers up front and rely on wing backs for width. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct. Well it won’t be 442 but your right about Devlin vs Haring. Devlin must be doing something that a lot of us are missing. I think he’s a very limited player. A ball winner for sure  but he’s not got much else. Haring is twice the player IMO

Devlin is decent, I see no need to rip the players Tbh. 

My main point was Motherwell bullied us a little last time and Haring gives us more of  a physical edge. 

I think you're right, 343 I reckon 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, JimmyCant said:

So we’ll play with no left back or left wing back ?

Haliday and aki as lwb and rwb

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We will se how this works out but I think that’s an extremely strong side. Been screaming for two strikers up front and rely on wing backs for width. 

All about GMS deciding to turn up for a change IMO

Tennant's  6's

Bit surprising that Haring drops out but Devlin keeps his place. Games are coming thick & fast just now though. 

Halliday maybe to provide a bit of dig at the expense of Cochrane i guess..

Hope GMS shows the same attitude that he did mid wk, as the squad improvements aren't hanging around for anyone. 

Very much a shape up or ship out a scenario now

Not comfortable with this lineup at all, but with 5 subs available there's a lot of quality that can come off the bench. Big day for GMS as the lone attacking midfielder. If he's ineffective today I'm not sure how many more chances he should get. 

18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Haring can feel very aggrieved and I'm hoping he's just being rested for Tuesday because he's a better player than Devlin and should be in ahead of him.

Haring is a different type of player from Devlin, both poor in midweek but Devlin creates and involved more for me, Haring problem is lack of any pace.

9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

as always, we have a very strong squad.

5 subs.  

Surprised at Haring and really hoping he hasn’t been “dropped” as he has been immense since coming in. 

If he has he will rightly be aggrieved and most likely off in the summer. 

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Haring is a different type of player from Devlin, both poor in midweek but Devlin creates and involved more for me, Haring problem is lack of any pace.

Haring wasn’t poor. He carried Devlin on Saturday. 

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Big Pete saved for the Derby. MacKay was nursing his groin against Celtic.

He needs saved for then too.

Yes, noticed Mackay late on Wed so presume so. Is Haring fit do you know?

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Devlin is decent, I see no need to rip the players Tbh. 

My main point was Motherwell bullied us a little last time and Haring gives us more of  a physical edge. 

I think you're right, 343 I reckon 

I wasn’t ripping him by any means. I was comparing him to Haring as were you. Radically different Hearts team compared with the Fir Park game but with the same back 3 and midfield pairing. Avoid getting into a midfield battle here and we should be fine.

Edited by JimmyCant

Bit of a shitter dropping Pete who has been immense and considering how bad Devlin was v Celtic. Maybe keeping him and Mckay fresh for Hibs. 

Captain Sausage

0-0 at the end of a poor first half. 

Haring and Ginnelly on and we will run out 2-0 winners. 

PhoenixHearts

Have to hope Haring has just been dropped to rest him for the derby.

Otherwise I'll have some major questions. 

As much as I'm a Robbie fan, I've always had it in the back of my mind that he picks based on favourites rather than form, hence the inclusion of Halliday and GMS at times where they often haven't warranted a place. Perhaps he also sees Devlin as one of "his own" players whereas Haring is just a Levein holdover.

He deserves to be starting. 

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Opinions mine is Haring is too slow but useful in certain games, Devlin gets across the ground a lot quicker.

True but I'd add that Haring reads the game better and is physically stronger with a forward pass in him. 

ToadKiller Dog

Lots of games in the next while ,so using the squad makes sense ,not the strongest starting 11 against an ok well side I guess .

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Was a bit WTF when I first saw the team sheet, but to be fair 3 games in 6 days by the time the Derby comes around. With players that have injury histories, niggles, fitness issues etc. Makes a bit more sense in that context. Just hope we’re not taking Motherwell lightly, they’re 4th for a reason.

Anything less than best available would be folly. Presume there is some tactics at play here. I wait to see how they shape up.

PhoenixHearts
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Devlin creates more than Haring aye? 

Look, Cammy is a great ball winner but he wishes he had the range of passing and composure as Haring. 

Devlin often doesn't know what to do with the ball once he's won it. He doesn't offer much moving forward. Haring does. Beni is perhaps our best central mid, but not even he can pass a ball like Haring.

26 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Yeah he really can like I'm bit gutted for him.but good to have Beni back