**Official Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell Match day thread**

WDJ87

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Anything less than best available would be folly. Presume there is some tactics at play here. I wait to see how they shape up.

I’m assuming it’s a back 3 with wing backs, two sitting midfielders and GMS in behind the front two. But it could be 4 at the back with Moore at RB and Atkinson further up. Will be interesting to see.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Just now, daavojaay said:

Yeah he really can like I'm bit gutted for him.but good to have Beni back 

No McKay either who the hell is gonna be our creative player with haring and McKay out. That team is devoid of any creativity

Captain Lithuania
Just now, William H. Bonney said:

No way devlin starts on Tuesday. Haring is being rested before derby. 

Has to be. I wouldn’t want him running around the pitch trying to pat all the Hibs players on the head because that’s the part of his game he focuses the most on. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Have to hope Haring has just been dropped to rest him for the derby.

Otherwise I'll have some major questions. 

As much as I'm a Robbie fan, I've always had it in the back of my mind that he picks based on favourites rather than form, hence the inclusion of Halliday and GMS at times where they often haven't warranted a place. Perhaps he also sees Devlin as one of "his own" players whereas Haring is just a Levein holdover.

He deserves to be starting. 

Terrible post. 

Whataboutery on a different level. 

Terrible. Absolute drivel. 

Devlin creates more than Haring aye? 

Look, Cammy is a great ball winner but he wishes he had the range of passing and composure as Haring. 

Devlin often doesn't know what to do with the ball once he's won it. He doesn't offer much moving forward. Haring does. Beni is perhaps our best central mid, but not even he can pass a ball like Haring.

Some seem to confuse running around really fast with a cheeky chappy smile to being creative.

1 minute ago, daavojaay said:

No McKay either who the hell is gonna be our creative player with haring and McKay out. That team is devoid of any creativity

GMS is what we’re relying on to start with. He’ll be off after 55 minutes at most. I think we’ll go a bit longer with the ball today and keep it out of midfield if we can.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dead sexy.

I just think Haring is just getting rested, with games coming thick & fast. I'd rather him at ER.

Heart says that..head says we may miss him today against closest challenge for 3rd. Guess a lot if it depends how we intend to line up.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Devlin creates more than Haring aye? 

Look, Cammy is a great ball winner but he wishes he had the range of passing and composure as Haring. 

Devlin often doesn't know what to do with the ball once he's won it. He doesn't offer much moving forward. Haring does. Beni is perhaps our best central mid, but not even he can pass a ball like Haring.

Your opinion, mine is different it's about winning possession and turning it around for THIS game Dev is better option for me.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Your opinion, mine is different it's about winning possession and turning it around for THIS game Dev is better option for me.

Are you saying Haring doesn't win the ball?

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

All about GMS deciding to turn up for a change IMO

Agreed. I personally think he will nail that position, assuming he’s just behind the strikers 

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Surprised at Haring and really hoping he hasn’t been “dropped” as he has been immense since coming in. 

If he has he will rightly be aggrieved and most likely off in the summer. 

I'm wondering if Devlin is in as a "back in the saddle" sort of thing where the manage let him know his standards dropped on Wednesday and to show everyone his is a "baller" to use the JKB vernacular.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m assuming it’s a back 3 with wing backs, two sitting midfielders and GMS in behind the front two. But it could be 4 at the back with Moore at RB and Atkinson further up. Will be interesting to see.

I suspect its the former, but yes will be interesting to see.

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Terrible post. 

Whataboutery on a different level. 

Terrible. Absolute drivel. 

What specifically about it is drivel then, seeing as you have such a strong opinion?

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm wondering if Devlin is in as a "back in the saddle" sort of thing where the manage let him know his standards dropped on Wednesday and to show everyone his is a "baller" to use the JKB vernacular.

Possibly. I mean whilst his standard has tailed off he hasn’t been terrible or anything. (Wednesday apart) and his effort and commitment can never be questioned. I just don’t see the logic of dropping someone in form for someone whose form has dipped. 

I don’t know what goes on in Robbie head though and what goes on in training. It could be tactical, it could be saving Haring for Wednesday, could be down to a niggle or it could just be that he thinks Devlin is a better player. 

Soon find out I suppose. 

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It's not really just an opinion though... Haring's range of passing and ability to recycle the ball is kind of what he's been known for since his first season with us.

Captain Scarlett
13 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Has to be. I wouldn’t want him running around the pitch trying to pat all the Hibs players on the head because that’s the part of his game he focuses the most on. 

Yip.This is where I am on the subject of Devlin.

21 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Who knows what he means Haring chased shadows a lot of that game.

Haring chased shadows because Devlin was nowhere to be found, imo.

I like them both but Haring should be the starter over Devlin.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Looks like it but with Simms playing we’ll probably be a bit more route 1.  Worked to a certain extent last 30 v Celtic. 

I think against Motherwell we need to play football not hoofball, also need to win midfield battle or have the same numbers in midfield as them we have already learned this playing them. No doubt Robbie will change it at half time

Am assuming Haring and McKay are on the bench with an eye on the derby - the two of them in that line up (ahead of Devlin & GMS) and formation (3-4-1-2) looks scary good in my opinion 

Just now, pupstersajambo said:

What's up with Hearts TV today, got the crest up, tells me it's live but nothing at all

14.45 I’d guess they will go

live

Got a feeling Neilson is expecting a battle here and will happily settle for the 3 points anyway we can get them.

Hope I'm wrong and we will be a couple ahead by half time.

C'mon the Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

What specifically about it is drivel then, seeing as you have such a strong opinion?

The entire post. 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Got a feeling Neilson is expecting a battle here and will happily settle for the 3 points anyway we can get them.

Hope I'm wrong and we will be a couple ahead by half time.

C'mon the Hearts.

If it's a battle the last person I'd be playing is GMS as he is an absolute shitebag.

Robbies right hand man

2-0 Hearts. 

I have a feeling GMS will grab  a goal

Feeling confident. 

wee cheeky £20 Bet on the above?

Edited by Robbies right hand man

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Must be. It will probably kick in 15 before k.o. 

Normal schedule is 15 minutes before K.O.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Moore Souttar Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Beni Halliday

GMS

Simms Boyce

??

I've said for a while they should go to 12 a side. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

14.45 I’d guess they will go

live

Do regularly.  Announce a time (today "Live from 2.30pm) and then you're sitting staring at a blank screen.