Jump to content

Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)


Bazzas right boot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

We’ve signed plenty.

Name them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Fozzyonthefence

    120

  • Pasquale for King

    180

  • Bazzas right boot

    107

  • GinRummy

    147

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

We did it with Halkett, with a key difference. As I recall - could be wrong - he'd agreed to join us well before it was announced, or had certainly been talking to us. Why would we or Live need to announce it? Not sure it affected his performances either but I'm not a big Livvi follower. Seem to remember he was their best player.

 

Rangers are clearly doing this to get him immediately on the cheap. Any rage should mostly once again be directed at the way they try to force transfers through, including using the media.

In April. Any others? I don’t think anyone is underestimating their part in signing this rat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Folk who really rated John, now basically calling him crap/mediocre/slow/going to end his career early.

 

How very Hibs.  

 

:facepalm:

I rate him, but feel like shite with this news, so much so, I would probably piss masel if he gets injuried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Des Lynam
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Some just like to make themselves appear superior by offering up the alternative view. 


Intellectually superior. Absolute weak minded morons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just seen the news and all my mind said instantly was what a ****ing idiot. He's not improving himself at all and now he's lost a whole club of supporters. 

 

No words tbh. If you're claiming you're trying to further your career and then you go to rangers youre ****ed. It just doesn't make sense

 

Edit: Editing just to ask, and sorry if it's been said before, but was Souttar not outted for being in the home end of a Rangers match a few months ago??? 

Edited by Kid A
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Des Lynam
Just now, Kid A said:

Just seen the news and all my mind said instantly was what a ****ing idiot. He's not improving himself at all and now he's lost a whole club of supporters. 

 

No words tbh. If you're claiming you're trying to further your career and then you go to rangers youre ****ed. It just doesn't make sense


 

:wonga:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SectionDJambo

Football fans of any club generally don’t take kindly to a player, who gave the impression of having some feeling for their club, who then moves on apparently happy to deny the club any compensation for his departure.

When the player makes a move that he knows will be extremely annoying to the fans of his current club, he makes that move knowing what the reaction will be.

No fans of any club are different. Rangers fans still hold a grudge against the players who left when they ceased to exist, apart from any that came back after they got through the lower divisions.

Motherwell have expressed much concern about Watt agreeing to go to Motherwell with half this season still to run.

It can work for us or against us, but John Souttar’s situation is made worse by the length of time he’s been out injured during his contracts with Hearts. Not his fault of course, but the story from Stoke was that his agent, McNamara, has scuppered at least one move down south. Maybe Souttar has allowed himself to be used to earn more money for McNamara rather than make a progressive move for his career, resulting in him having little choice but to stay in Scotland. 
It’s certainly a sad end to what could have been a long lasting relationship, beyond his playing career, for Souttar with the fans of Heart of Midlothian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Corstorphine Jambo

It’s been one of the worst kept secrets in Scottish football. Hell mend the boy. 
I’ll get over it - but I’ll get over it quicker if he never plays for Hearts again. And he must know himself this is the only course of action. Surely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

What a mean spirited bunch we come across on this thread. He is a professional footballer with not many years of a career ahead of him even if he ceases to be injury prone. Good luck to him. Especially if he does s job for us if he sees out his contract with us.

Good luck to Souttar in the next stage of his career...at Rangers?

Not for me thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Des Lynam
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Football fans of any club generally don’t take kindly to a player, who gave the impression of having some feeling for their club, who then moves on apparently happy to deny the club any compensation for his departure.

When the player makes a move that he knows will be extremely annoying to the fans of his current club, he makes that move knowing what the reaction will be.

No fans of any club are different. Rangers fans still hold a grudge against the players who left when they ceased to exist, apart from any that came back after they got through the lower divisions.

Motherwell have expressed much concern about Watt agreeing to go to Motherwell with half this season still to run.

It can work for us or against us, but John Souttar’s situation is made worse by the length of time he’s been out injured during his contracts with Hearts. Not his fault of course, but the story from Stoke was that his agent, McNamara, has scuppered at least one move down south. Maybe Souttar has allowed himself to be used to earn more money for McNamara rather than make a progressive move for his career, resulting in him having little choice but to stay in Scotland. 
It’s certainly a sad end to what could have been a long lasting relationship, beyond his playing career, for Souttar with the fans of Heart of Midlothian 


Taking the maroon tinted spectacles off I don’t blame or begrudge him moving to earn a lot more money. It’s a job to these guys. I just don’t want him anywhere near the first team squad if he stays no matter how professional he is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shows his disrespect and contempt for Hearts who supported him through his rehabs.

 

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:


Taking the maroon tinted spectacles off I don’t blame or begrudge him moving to earn a lot more money. It’s a job to these guys. I just don’t want him anywhere near the first team squad if he stays no matter how professional he is. 

 

earns a shed load money probably wins a bunch of trophies plays in Europe every year

 

bit like Craig Gordon who also had injury issues but went on to do all of the above at Celtic and was/is very welcome back at hearts (unlike snakey :) )

 

i personally don’t think he’s good enough to play at the top end of the epl every week but if he is he’ll get a better offer on the back of a stint at rangers than he would get going directly from us

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
25 minutes ago, nijambo said:

Shows his disrespect and contempt for Hearts who supported him through his rehabs.

 

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out…

 

:(

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

As previously stated, I am really not impressed by Souttar's decision to move to Ibrox. That said, some of the comments I have read on social media today have been way out of line. Wishing for the guy to suffer a career ending injury is, dare I say it, Hun like behaviour. That rubbish needs knocked on the head. It's embarrassing and totally uncalled for. I hope Souttar doesn't win a single medal as long as he pulls on a Sevco jersey but I certainly do not want to see the boy's career ended by a serious injury. Perhaps the people who are saying these things should take a look back at the career path of Dave McPherson and take a moment to reflect on the things they are saying. Just saying........

What's that John, you've snapped your Achilles again. I'm sure Rangers will look after you. :byebye:

 

Hopefully he won't play for Hearts or Scotland again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Some just like to make themselves appear superior by offering up the alternative view. 

 

:lol:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

With teams allowed to make 5 substitutions, I’d be tempted to start him against auchinleck and then pull him off after 5 mins. Cup ties him and is embarrassing for the player. 

Getting tugged off in the middle of a game would certainly embarrass me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least we'll have a new song for a few months. JS yer a ......, Yer a ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Folk who really rated John, now basically calling him crap/mediocre/slow/going to end his career early.

 

How very Hibs.  

 

:facepalm:

 

Isn't that the most normal thing in the world when you feel scorned by a player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awbdy Oot
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:


To repay the club that put him in a position to get a life changing deal! Even a 1.5 year deal with a £2m sell clause. Now here we are in January and he’s put us in a ridiculous position in a season where finishing 3rd presents huge financial reward for the club. Not only has he failed to do that he’s signed for a club we have aspirations to challenge. I’d also love to know what this life changing money is that Rangers can offer? If he really wanted life changing money then surely England should be his destination, for a guy as injury prone as he is then a contract down there actually does set him up for life.

 

I think that Rangers will pay him more than the English championship teams that were interested in him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NANOJAMBO

Happy for the club to pay up his contract and say good bye.

He's taken the piss out of the club.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kennyfragg13

Speaks volumes about Js after just breaking into Scotland team he is taking the money and possibly sitting on bench for rest off season ending his Scotland chances , in saying that I find this all very hard to believe I think there will be some deal by end off window .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Football fans of any club generally don’t take kindly to a player, who gave the impression of having some feeling for their club, who then moves on apparently happy to deny the club any compensation for his departure.

When the player makes a move that he knows will be extremely annoying to the fans of his current club, he makes that move knowing what the reaction will be.

No fans of any club are different. Rangers fans still hold a grudge against the players who left when they ceased to exist, apart from any that came back after they got through the lower divisions.

Motherwell have expressed much concern about Watt agreeing to go to Motherwell with half this season still to run.

It can work for us or against us, but John Souttar’s situation is made worse by the length of time he’s been out injured during his contracts with Hearts. Not his fault of course, but the story from Stoke was that his agent, McNamara, has scuppered at least one move down south. Maybe Souttar has allowed himself to be used to earn more money for McNamara rather than make a progressive move for his career, resulting in him having little choice but to stay in Scotland. 
It’s certainly a sad end to what could have been a long lasting relationship, beyond his playing career, for Souttar with the fans of Heart of Midlothian 

 

A decent read from Graham Alexander's point of view about bosmans in the same league. 

 

Sorry about the source of the link, don't click if you's don't want to  read it.    I found it interesting. 

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-alexander-calls-spfl-action-25896015

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm. 7 hour drive and something did happen.

 

I'll be very interested to hear Souttar's reasons for this.

 

Just shake my head at the whole thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

frankblack

Shows a complete lack of ambition from the player who clearly doesn't think he is good enough for England's top two divisions, and is perhaps looking for a big payday in case his injuries reoccur.  I can't see him being a regular starter for the orcs.

 

Its a classless way to treat the club who have raised his profile and supported him through his long injury periods.

 

I definitely wouldn't pick him for any Hearts team - first or reserves now.  If Sevco don't buy him now it will confirm thoughts on how important he is to their plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's easy to go nuts at such a decision, and its understandable, but I then think of proper top players who have moved from Rangers to Hearts in the past. Souttar is nowhere near that player's level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Shows a complete lack of ambition from the player who clearly doesn't think he is good enough for England's top two divisions, and is perhaps looking for a big payday in case his injuries reoccur.  I can't see him being a regular starter for the orcs.

 

Its a classless way to treat the club who have raised his profile and supported him through his long injury periods.

 

I definitely wouldn't pick him for any Hearts team - first or reserves now.  If Sevco don't buy him now it will confirm thoughts on how important he is to their plans.

 

It might be petty, but I would genuinely make a point of keeping him and sticking him in the reserves for 6 months. The huns aren't going to offer us anywhere close to an acceptable fee. The precontract means they're the only game in town, so in their heads we'll take what we can get. I think as a point of principle no bid should be accepted and they should be handed a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months and give him the worst possible start to his new move. He's going in as 3rd choice, so if he doesn't hit the ground running, he'll be punted like Jack Hendry. 

 

I really can't believe he did that, after the club standing by him for so long. A total slap in the face. 

 

What a ***** he is. 

 

Bet his shitey coffee tastes like rats piss anaw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Section Q
10 hours ago, OTT said:

 

It might be petty, but I would genuinely make a point of keeping him and sticking him in the reserves for 6 months. The huns aren't going to offer us anywhere close to an acceptable fee. The precontract means they're the only game in town, so in their heads we'll take what we can get. I think as a point of principle no bid should be accepted and they should be handed a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months and give him the worst possible start to his new move. He's going in as 3rd choice, so if he doesn't hit the ground running, he'll be punted like Jack Hendry. 

 

I really can't believe he did that, after the club standing by him for so long. A total slap in the face. 

 

What a ***** he is. 

 

Bet his shitey coffee tastes like rats piss anaw. 

Scenario......

 

Rangers request we don't cup tie him against Talbot.

We play him against Celtic.

Rangers pay £500k at the end of January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ted (Theodore) Logan
38 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

 

A decent read from Graham Alexander's point of view about bosmans in the same league. 

 

Sorry about the source of the link, don't click if you's don't want to  read it.    I found it interesting. 

 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-alexander-calls-spfl-action-25896015

 

 

 

 

 

There's no way they'll change the rules up here because they only care about the old firm who are unlikely to be affected by losing a key player via a domestic PCA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

There's no way they'll change the rules up here because they only care about the old firm who are unlikely to be affected by losing a key player via a domestic PCA.

 

Indeed there are differences between Scotland compared to the rest of football leagues.   From PCA to VAR.   It's set for the OF.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Scenario......

 

Rangers request we don't cup tie him against Talbot.

We play him against Celtic.

Rangers pay £500k at the end of January.

 

They're not going to pay us £500k. If they go over £100k I'll genuinely be shocked. The PCA means they have no competition, they have their player either way, its just whether they want him now or in the summer. Considering they have plenty cover, I doubt they want him now enough to pay anything close to that. 

 

Besides, they have previous for paying £2.50 and a packet of snickers every full moon for the next 16 years. We'd not get that money all in one go anyway so I'd rather they kept their bigoted biscuit tin pennies and Souttar is handed over to them in 6 months completely unfit and lacking any degree of match sharpness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Section Q
10 hours ago, OTT said:

 

They're not going to pay us £500k. If they go over £100k I'll genuinely be shocked. The PCA means they have no competition, they have their player either way, its just whether they want him now or in the summer. Considering they have plenty cover, I doubt they want him now enough to pay anything close to that. 

 

Besides, they have previous for paying £2.50 and a packet of snickers every full moon for the next 16 years. We'd not get that money all in one go anyway so I'd rather they kept their bigoted biscuit tin pennies and Souttar is handed over to them in 6 months completely unfit and lacking any degree of match sharpness. 

I think Souttar will have a hand in this, and his preference, if he was to go to Rangers was to move in January. I think a fee may have already been agreed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

At least we'll have a new song for a few months. JS yer a ......, Yer a ......

 

winka. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, OTT said:

 

They're not going to pay us £500k. If they go over £100k I'll genuinely be shocked. The PCA means they have no competition, they have their player either way, its just whether they want him now or in the summer. Considering they have plenty cover, I doubt they want him now enough to pay anything close to that. 

 

Besides, they have previous for paying £2.50 and a packet of snickers every full moon for the next 16 years. We'd not get that money all in one go anyway so I'd rather they kept their bigoted biscuit tin pennies and Souttar is handed over to them in 6 months completely unfit and lacking any degree of match sharpness. 

 

Or delivered to Snake Mountain via Hermes with a newly ruptured Achilles.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone except John Souttar. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No Robbie is a hun as is jig. (Lee) as is Naismith. 

 

And would do the exact same if offered a role at Rangers, if Robbie is prepared to drop his skants for MK dons, you think he wouldn't for Rangers the team he grew up supporting? 

 

:berra:

 

Souttar leaves, you turn into into a Snidey dig at Bob. 

 

You are some cookie. 

Edited by Smith's right boot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Shows a complete lack of ambition from the player who clearly doesn't think he is good enough for England's top two divisions, and is perhaps looking for a big payday in case his injuries reoccur.  I can't see him being a regular starter for the orcs.

 

Its a classless way to treat the club who have raised his profile and supported him through his long injury periods.

 

I definitely wouldn't pick him for any Hearts team - first or reserves now.  If Sevco don't buy him now it will confirm thoughts on how important he is to their plans.

 

It's not a lack of ambition. 

Rangers over Stoke / Blackburn types  is not a lack of ambition. 

Exactly the opposite. 

Playing in England's top 2 divisions isn't an achievement on it's own. 

 

Last 2 paragraphs I agree 100%.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m struggling to think of anyone apart from Halkett that we’ve signed on a pre contract?

Hartley and Wyness?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

 

I think that Rangers will pay him more than the English championship teams that were interested in him.

 

Yip and are just better. 

 

Folk seem to think he's gave up a move to a big club down south, the truth is less than mediocre sides were after him and rangers were the best footballing move ( other than Hearts) for him and Likley matched the other contracts. 

 

If he'd knocked back an Everton type club then fair enough, but many of us called it. 

Rangers over the likes of Blackburn or Stoke every day of the week. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

frankblack
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

It's not a lack of ambition. 

Rangers over Stoke / Blackburn types  is not a lack of ambition. 

Exactly the opposite. 

Playing in England's top 2 divisions isn't an achievement on it's own. 

 

Last 2 paragraphs I agree 100%.

 

 

 

Stoke or Blackburn put you in the shop window with the big boys, whereas nobody rates our league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cosanostra
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Stoke or Blackburn put you in the shop window with the big boys, whereas nobody rates our league.

 

Everton just spent £16m on a guy who hasn't even played 50 games so I guess someone must at least a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

 

Game is crying out for some club to challenge the bigot brothers. Not going to happen if you lose your best assets to them.

 

It's a pointless exercise trying to win the league in Scotland and has been for the best part of 35 years. It will never be won by a team outside of those 2 again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TypoonJambo
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

 

Game is crying out for some club to challenge the bigot brothers. Not going to happen if you lose your best assets to them.

 

It's a pointless exercise trying to win the league in Scotland and has been for the best part of 35 years. It will never be won by a team outside of those 2 again.

Step one needs to be reconstruction so we don't play those self serving *******s four times a season. Then at least any promising player can see the prospect of getting to the top spot without the need to sell your soul for success and recognition.  That however won't happen,thanks to our ridiculous 11 vote system. For that we should be eternally grateful to Aberdeen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambogemz
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m struggling to think of anyone apart from Halkett that we’ve signed on a pre contract?

Going back a while but both Darren Barr and Ian Black signed pre contracts with us under Csaba.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

bigsuperslim1874
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No Robbie is a hun as is jig. (Lee) as is Naismith. 

 

And would do the exact same if offered a role at Rangers, if Robbie is prepared to drop his skants for MK dons, you think he wouldn't for Rangers the team he grew up supporting? 

Robbie has said he is a Hearts man in interviews - through his long association with the club (might have had oldco leanings as a kid though).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Football fans of any club generally don’t take kindly to a player, who gave the impression of having some feeling for their club, who then moves on apparently happy to deny the club any compensation for his departure.

When the player makes a move that he knows will be extremely annoying to the fans of his current club, he makes that move knowing what the reaction will be.

No fans of any club are different. Rangers fans still hold a grudge against the players who left when they ceased to exist, apart from any that came back after they got through the lower divisions.

Motherwell have expressed much concern about Watt agreeing to go to Motherwell with half this season still to run.

It can work for us or against us, but John Souttar’s situation is made worse by the length of time he’s been out injured during his contracts with Hearts. Not his fault of course, but the story from Stoke was that his agent, McNamara, has scuppered at least one move down south. Maybe Souttar has allowed himself to be used to earn more money for McNamara rather than make a progressive move for his career, resulting in him having little choice but to stay in Scotland. 
It’s certainly a sad end to what could have been a long lasting relationship, beyond his playing career, for Souttar with the fans of Heart of Midlothian 

If he’s being advised by McNamara, this whole thing makes a bit more sense. 
 

This is the guy who took the Dundee Utd job seemingly only to punt all their best players to Celtic on the cheap. 
 

Would not be at all surprised to find out he has done very well out of this deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

It's not a lack of ambition. 

Rangers over Stoke / Blackburn types  is not a lack of ambition. 

Exactly the opposite. 

Playing in England's top 2 divisions isn't an achievement on it's own. 

 

Last 2 paragraphs I agree 100%.

 

 


Football-wise it is though. 
 

He will still through 90% of his games and look like Franz Beckenbaur because of the players around him, and then get dumped when rangers can afford a more glamorous centre back. 
 

He clearly struggles with his weight and cruising games will not exactly motivate him to keep in top shape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

If he’s being advised by McNamara, this whole thing makes a bit more sense. 
 

This is the guy who took the Dundee Utd job seemingly only to punt all their best players to Celtic on the cheap. 
 

Would not be at all surprised to find out he has done very well out of this deal. 


Souttar is the only real pay day McNamara has on the books. This move is no surprise whatsoever.

 

I get why Souttar has done it but he’s shat all over Hearts in the process. Sickening but we’ll hopefully benefit from the system in the future.

 

Move him on now though. Don’t need the negativity in the stadium, we’ve had great news with the rest signing on.

 

He can **** off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davemclaren changed the title to Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Popular Now

    • Marvin
      13
×
×
  • Create New...