***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

tiger Rudi
21 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure what your issue with playing Hickey at RWB is?  If he’s good enough to play there v AC Milan or Juventus surely he’s a better option than a bang average Motherwell player?  Who else would you have played there?

Agree with most of the rest of your post though. There was definitely a fair bit booing though, think it was just after the 2nd goal when we nearly lost another one as well as at halftime. 

Hickey has only played in that position about 3 or 4 times for his club, so I'm guessing they know his best position. This was also his first start for Scotland. It was a World Cup qualifier, winner takes all. Not a game for an experiment to see how it went. O'Donnell is certainly not everybody's choice but would have given more than Hickey showed. Hickey certainly looked bog standard, I felt sorry for him, winning only his 3rd cap. Ralston? Another natural right sided player overlooked. Maybe he was injured. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

On 02/06/2022 at 11:47, Malinga the Swinga said:

At no point did I laugh about what is happening on Ukraine. Won't find one post from me saying that anywhere, but you make it up if it makes you feel good about yourself, which is after all what you want. I just separated a football game from war. If you believe they're connected, then bully for you. If you believe Ukraine humiliating Scotland at football helps them in war against Russia, then bully for you.

Personally, I wanted Scotland to win and am gutted they lost. I also believe it will have zero impact on what is happening in Ukraine.

I wanted Scotland to win, even as a foreigner.  I have huge sympathy for Ukraine as they face the Russian fascist onslaught, but Scotland means a lot more to me, it's that simple.

So do Wales, so I know who I'm supporting next.

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I wanted Scotland to win, even as a foreigner.  I have huge sympathy for Ukraine as they face the Russian fascist onslaught, but Scotland means a lot more to me, it's that simple.

So do Wales, so I know who I'm supporting next.

So do I. Not planning on watching though as I fear I will be disappointed.

Super_Hans
12 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Hickey has only played in that position about 3 or 4 times for his club, so I'm guessing they know his best position. This was also his first start for Scotland. It was a World Cup qualifier, winner takes all. Not a game for an experiment to see how it went. O'Donnell is certainly not everybody's choice but would have given more than Hickey showed. Hickey certainly looked bog standard, I felt sorry for him, winning only his 3rd cap. Ralston? Another natural right sided player overlooked. Maybe he was injured. 

Hickey was poor just like the rest of them but he had McTominay playing right next to him, out of position and having an absolute stinker. He left him exposed on a number of occasions. If Souttar had started on the right side of that back three, I don't think we'd be talking about Hickey right now.

tiger Rudi
9 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

Hickey was poor just like the rest of them but he had McTominay playing right next to him, out of position and having an absolute stinker. He left him exposed on a number of occasions. If Souttar had started on the right side of that back three, I don't think we'd be talking about Hickey right now.

I agree with you there, Souttar definitely should have started. I also think it's time to give Hendrie a few starts. He looked comfortable playing out from the back when he came on. Far more so than Hanley ever did. Admittedly this is in hindsight but McTominay might have been a better option in midfield rather than Gilmour who hadn't been playing every week with Norwich. 

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So do I. Not planning on watching though as I fear I will be disappointed.

I'll probably watch it like I watched Doctor Who as a kid - through my fingers or from behind the sofa.  Not gonna lie though, I'd have preferred Scotland v Wales.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'll probably watch it like I watched Doctor Who as a kid - through my fingers or from behind the sofa.  Not gonna lie though, I'd have preferred Scotland v Wales.

Quatermass Experiment, for me. (I know :()

Buccobruce
On 02/06/2022 at 16:32, Tazio said:

So which genius at the BBC thought “which player should we get in to give a considered opinion and be someone who is a reputable character?” Yep, let’s get the guy who has a massive collection of cards and was recently charged with assaulting a woman. 

I don’t comment often, but that was a fn howler by the BBC! Next up has to be the genius that is Tam McManus.

Hope the sheep shagging, leek munching taffs get pumped tonight.

The Uk commentators won't know what to do, between supporting Ukraine and rimming Gareth Bale and Aaaaaaron Ramsey.

4 hours ago, Buccobruce said:

I don’t comment often, but that was a fn howler by the BBC! Next up has to be the genius that is Tam McManus.

He's currently a pundit for the u21 game.

Apart from Gareth Bale, I can't stand the Boyos.

Therefore, I will be rooting for Ukraine.

Malinga the Swinga

Switched on build up and first guy I saw being interviewed had a half and half scarf for Wales v Ukraine. Enough to make you puke.

No fan of Ukraine but there is something inherently nauseous about Wales and their fans. Hope to see them crying tonight. 

If Wales lose, then rumours are Bale retiring. To go at should see them slither back to their natural place near bottom of football.

Jeffros Furios

The Welsh are as scummy as weegies and scousers , come on Ukraine 🇺🇦 

Luckies1874
28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Apart from  Especially Gareth Bale, I can't stand the Boyos.

Therefore, I will be rooting for Ukraine.

😉

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, briever said:

Can't the sheep sell out the Millennium?

Undefeated in 18 there so refusing option to move to the bigger stadium

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

😉

I like him, but I can understand others not being of like mind.  👍

Bazzas right boot

****ing Hanley. 

Just  knock it across the goal, twice in as many minutes he's ****ing knocked it out. 

Bazzas right boot

Oops, saved from wed that post above. 

Ukraine all over Wales. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Some free kick.

Deflection, massive one. 

CostaJambo
Just now, briever said:

It's on ITV.

Cheers mate, just back from a week's holiday, didn't realise and been dicking around online since 5 pm!

skinnybob72

Wales is basically just Bale and whichever 10 of his mates are available for a game. 

He’s probably got a WhatsApp group chat going, “Right lads, I’m playing Ukraine on Sunday, anyone up for a game?”

Edited by skinnybob72

John Findlay
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

how the fk was that not a penalty to Ukraine :lol: 

Was wondering the samething myself 

Percival King

Rob Page needs to have a word with Daniel James at half time - he's getting dangerously close to a second yellow and it would be a shame if that cost Wales victory (appreciate some on here don't like Wales and want them to lose).

leith_dude
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

how the fk was that not a penalty to Ukraine :lol: 

They should have to explain this stuff after the game.

Can't be bothered with VAR because it seems to be making no real difference in terms of getting the decisions correct. Just adds another layer of referring incompetence to matches and I'll not looking forward to the uncertainty it will add when you attend matches. 

Rick Sanchez

That pen right there and the incidents from the Championship play off final are exactly the kind of stuff the OF will be getting away with.

Not clear and obvious until it suits.

Preston Jambo
13 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

What's the point of var if you can't see a blatant pen 

I think this is a good example of how VAR will be applied in games against the Old Firm.

4 minutes ago, Preston Jambo said:

I think this is a good example of how VAR will be applied in games against the Old Firm.

You bet your life certain pen if it's for old firm ignored if it's against OF.

Салатные палочки

Ramsay missing from 12 yards. Where have I seen that before? 

Sky commentator on A Ramsey. “ Don’t think there’s been a Ramsey at a World Cup since Sir Alf in 1966”. How they always manage to insert that reference no matter how tenuous.

They just never give up.

Edited by Rannoch

Der Kaiser

Frustrating watch. We're a better team than Wales but they're showing the drive, energy and passion we failed to do on Wednesday.

And they've got a better shape.

vegas-voss
7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Frustrating watch. We're a better team than Wales but they're showing the drive, energy and passion we failed to do on Wednesday.

So in short they are a better team

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

And they have Gareth Bale. When he retires they'll go back to being as pish as they were for as long as I can remember before he came along. 

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

And they have Gareth Bale. When he retires they'll go back to being as pish as they were for as long as I can remember before he came along. 

No we’re not bitter at all 😊

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I don’t think we are a better team. We might have better individuals in certain areas, but they are a better unit than we are. They also seem to have a more fluent style of play compared to our…hope for the best tendencies.

Always enjoy watching Wales more than Scotland for some reason.