***World Cup Play-off Draw - Ukraine. ***

iantjambo

LochcarronJambo
On 05/06/2022 at 21:57, Malinga the Swinga said:

Now seen highlights. Ukraine very unlucky not to be awarded penalty and missed good chances. Wales also missed chances though and free kick deflection was fortunate.

Hopefully they get no more luck and exit tournament at first stage.

Yes, VAR failed again -Ukraine totally deserved to win, only country I want them Welsh to beat is engerlund & somehow lose the others

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

LochcarronJambo
On 02/06/2022 at 22:00, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure what your issue with playing Hickey at RWB is?  If he’s good enough to play there v AC Milan or Juventus surely he’s a better option than a bang average Motherwell player?  Who else would you have played there?

Agree with most of the rest of your post though. There was definitely a fair bit booing though, think it was just after the 2nd goal when we nearly lost another one as well as at halftime. 

Simply no getting away from the fact Hickey had a poor game, I Wanted him to do well, but his touch, thought process & lack of energy was disappointing-having said that  whilst I blame Clarke for the decision-there were a significant number of other Scotland players that didnt play well at all…. It was too big a risk to play Hickey out there & it back fired-Clarke needed to change the shape & formation rather than take that risk……I believe Hickey will come good for Scotland, he is a talented player, but he should not have been put out there for Scotland in his first start in such a crucial game

LochcarronJambo
23 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nope. Just honest. Can't stand Wales, Bale or their supporters.

Me the same

LochcarronJambo
On 05/06/2022 at 21:57, Malinga the Swinga said:

Now seen highlights. Ukraine very unlucky not to be awarded penalty and missed good chances. Wales also missed chances though and free kick deflection was fortunate.

Hopefully they get no more luck and exit tournament at first stage.

Yes, VAR failed again -Ukraine totally deserved to win, only country I want them Welsh to beat is engerlund & somehow lose the others

Percival King

Seems strange there's so much anti-Wales sentiment on here. Can't see why some folk have such a dislike for the Welsh, wishing bad luck and injuries on them, hoping loveable, cuddly Iran beat them (bizarre). Is it just because they were fortunate to beat Ukraine and VAR didn't give a certain decision? Is that Wales' fault? Have Hearts never had a lucky victory?

Looks like jealousy that they beat a team that we couldn't and, in so doing, managed to qualify for a tournament that we couldn't get to. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Looks like jealousy that they beat a team that we couldn't and, in so doing, managed to qualify for a tournament that we couldn't get to. 

That sounds like a great reason to say **** Wales if you ask me

Percival King
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That sounds like a great reason to say **** Wales if you ask me

Each to their own I suppose, but I'm glad that I don't hate every team I've ever seen Hearts to, there's enough of them.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Percival King said:

Each to their own I suppose, but I'm glad that I don't hate every team I've ever seen Hearts to, there's enough of them.

I'm jealous of them, I'll get over it though

jack D and coke
On 05/06/2022 at 21:21, Des Lynam said:

Did any prominent ex welsh player come out and hope for a Ukraine win? Were they getting asked ad nauseam about stepping aside? Really ****ing annoyed me all that. Souness man…what a cock. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Percival King
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm jealous of them, I'll get over it though

Thought so. Good luck.

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Seems strange there's so much anti-Wales sentiment on here. Can't see why some folk have such a dislike for the Welsh, wishing bad luck and injuries on them, hoping loveable, cuddly Iran beat them (bizarre). Is it just because they were fortunate to beat Ukraine and VAR didn't give a certain decision? Is that Wales' fault? Have Hearts never had a lucky victory?

Been a long time and they done the job we couldn’t. It felt like we had people trying to derail us with the constant stepping aside nonsense and shite from people in the media and someone as famous as Graeme Souness. Honestly what a ****ing dick. 

Good luck Wales. 

Percival King
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Been a long time and they done the job we couldn’t. It felt like we had people trying to derail us with the constant stepping aside nonsense and shite from people in the media and someone as famous as Graeme Souness. Honestly what a ****ing dick. 

Good luck Wales. 

And the thing was, as much as Ukraine desperately wanted to qualify, they didn't want any favours or teams stepping aside. They wanted to do it the old fashioned way of beating an opponent in a proper competitive sporting contest. I didn't read Souness' full comments but he seemed out of step with the Ukrainians themselves.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Percival King said:

And the thing was, as much as Ukraine desperately wanted to qualify, they didn't want any favours or teams stepping aside. They wanted to do it the old fashioned way of beating an opponent in a proper competitive sporting contest. I didn't read Souness' full comments but he seemed out of step with the Ukrainians themselves.

Exactly. Ukraine didn’t want any favours from anyone what sort of victory is that? 
The media got right on my tits before they played us and someone as revered as Souness coming out and then trying backtrack about what he said just boils my water. Scotland produces complete and utter weirdos I honestly despair at times. 
The Welsh approached it properly and done the job, their people are loving it and rightly so. 
Their National anthem when their crowd all sings is special. Scottish folk are cringeing at theirs the weird *****. 
Good luck to the taffys. 

2 hours ago, Percival King said:

The Welsh are fellow Celts.  That will always be more than good enough for me and I will be supporting them 100%.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The Welsh are fellow Celts.  That will always be more than good enough for me and I will be supporting them 100%.

Don’t think there is any real connection between the Welsh and Scots tbh, except for a common “enemy” over the border. 

11 hours ago, Percival King said:

It's not Wales I dislike but the commentating on them and the constant jerking off over Bale.

It's reaching England levels of commentator bias and hype.

I hope they get pumped by Iran and USA.

And I hope that them and England draw in their group game.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Cade said:

It's not Wales I dislike but the commentating on them and the constant jerking off over Bale.

It's reaching England levels of commentator bias and hype.

I hope they get pumped by Iran and USA.

And I hope that them and England draw in their group game.

Yep, would be happy with that. Fellow Celts my arse. Nauseating anthem, nauseating pundits and nauseating supporters.

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Lived in Wales three years and met some of the most friendly and fun people you could hope to meet. Hospitable, proud and good fun. Or maybe I just bring out the best in them...

No idea what he's dribbling on about - their anthem is magnificent.

But they are horrible fans - it seems to be a Welsh thing as their rugby fans are worlds worst losers and winners.

On 01/06/2022 at 19:44, Horatio Caine said:

My virus checker warning me about this site.  Not going to take the risk.

Sorry for v late reply but basically when we click on any free stream we run that risk. This one worked for me because I had an ad blocker which worked, therefore I got the stream with 0 ads, and therefore no viruses that come with the ads and pop ups. Often you get sites though that don't let you access them with an ad blocker and those are proper dangerous. 

Hope that helps. 

Spellczech
9 hours ago, HMFSee said:

Sorry for v late reply but basically when we click on any free stream we run that risk. This one worked for me because I had an ad blocker which worked, therefore I got the stream with 0 ads, and therefore no viruses that come with the ads and pop ups. Often you get sites though that don't let you access them with an ad blocker and those are proper dangerous. 

Hope that helps. 

Having the right ad-blocker makes a difference too - some are too visible and sites ask you to disable them in order to "use the site".

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Having the right ad-blocker makes a difference too - some are too visible and sites ask you to disable them in order to "use the site".

Free streams are free for a reason, i dont use them now, they pollute my laptop, but its a choice.

Everything the Welsh do irritates me. I find them utterly insufferable. However, they have owned us at football and rugby for the best part of two decades. Why is this? They are a very united country whereas we are a completely divided country and they have a very strong winning mentality.

Wales set about preparing for the Ukraine game with nothing but victory on their mind and our bunch of losers (fans, country and players) set about trying to make Ukraine feel loved and welcomed. The Tartan Army are utterly nauseating. Seriously, it is beyond even the stage of cringe now. Applauding the Ukrainian fans outside the ground.  The Welsh fans were jeering every Ukrainian misplaced pass and getting properly right behind their team whilst we were singing the Ukranian anthem and mostly silent throughout. The love in was the biggest display of nausea since Princess Diana died.

:facepalm:

Ukranian fans are vile *****. Thugs and neo nazis. We treated them like Royalty. Shame on every single ***** who did

Fair play to Wales, they sure showed us how it is done. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Everything the Welsh do irritates me. I find them utterly insufferable. However, they have owned us at football and rugby for the best part of two decades. Why is this? They are a very united country whereas we are a completely divided country and they have a very strong winning mentality.

Wales set about preparing for the Ukraine game with nothing but victory on their mind and our bunch of losers (fans, country and players) set about trying to make Ukraine feel loved and welcomed. The Tartan Army are utterly nauseating. Seriously, it is beyond even the stage of cringe now. Applauding the Ukrainian fans outside the ground.  The Welsh fans were jeering every Ukrainian misplaced pass and getting properly right behind their team whilst we were singing the Ukranian anthem and mostly silent throughout. The love in was the biggest display of nausea since Princess Diana died.

:facepalm:

Ukranian fans are vile *****. Thugs and neo nazis. We treated them like Royalty. Shame on every single ***** who did

Fair play to Wales, they sure showed us how it is done. 

WTF is that p!sh?

4 minutes ago, briever said:

WTF is that p!sh?

We hate each other. This country is now a Yes camp and a No camp and it breaks my heart. FFS, we even have a large section who actually hate our national team and want us to lose. You would never get that in Wales.

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We hate each other. This country is now a Yes camp and a No camp and it breaks my heart. FFS, we even have a large section who actually hate our national team and want us to lose. You would never get that in Wales.

You actually have huge swathes of this country framing their political views based solely on their choice of football club.

YES/NO

Catholic/Protestant

Ireland/England

It is sometimes difficult to justify the Union but i'll say one thing: being part of a larger entity dilutes the influence of those types of *****.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You actually have huge swathes of this country framing their political views based solely on their choice of football club.

YES/NO

Catholic/Protestant

Ireland/England

It is sometimes difficult to justify the Union but i'll say one thing: being part of a larger entity dilutes the influence of those types of *****.

We could be so much better.  The sad reality is that as a country we have done Jack shit in decades. Sport, music etc.  I see no unity down the line either.  Rangers and Celtic are a part of this but I then can't reconcile this as they have existed for 150 years and we were very good on the football scene until recently.

I saw some cretin at Hampden with a banner saying "Putin the boot in tae Putin" I mean ffs.  Since when was geo politics part of the The Hampden Roar.  Man, I used to get goose bumps watching and listening to the tartan army/Hampden Roar, now I get the fear.  A few games ago I seen 'Refugees Welcome' banners at Hampden.  What the **** is going on?

The sad reality is that the only time Scotland play like winners in football/rugby is when we play England.

Country sentiment will always trickle on to a sporting field.

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

YES/NO

Catholic/Protestant

Ireland/England

Utter shite - the union perpetuates them. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, briever said:

How does the Union perpetuate it?

4 minutes ago, briever said:

Wales don't demonstrate this 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, briever said:

Pretty sure reason we arsed up against Ukraine was manager decision to play Hanley, McTominay and Dykes.

You can't seriously blame the union for that.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How does the Union perpetuate it?

Divide and conquer.

The fabled playing of the "orange card" at elections (a Tory MSP basically did as much when the FM met the NI SF FM to be)

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wales don't demonstrate this 

Wales and Scotland aren't really comparable in that Wales has never been an independent unified nation state.  Ever.

Plenty of friction, I believe, between North & South Wales.  Plaid are picking up, and a sense of Welsh "nationalism" is growing.  Like the football, I would not be surprised to see them surpass us on the political field and get indy first!

We are just so parochial as a national team now.  Set on an  'Anyone but England' mindset.  Don't get me wrong i'd want England to lose to a Taliban select XI but for me it is just rivalry (albeit one sided).  These staunch England haters in their 4 foot feathered Glengarry's are the absolute worst.  FFs we had a campaign about 15 years ago to celebrate the fact Scotland was in the World Cup...................Jason Scotland.

:facepalm:x infinity

We need to get united and get tough.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Wales and Scotland aren't really comparable in that Wales has never been an independent unified nation state.  Ever.

Plenty of friction, I believe, between North & South Wales.  Plaid are picking up, and a sense of Welsh "nationalism" is growing.  Like the football, I would not be surprised to see them surpass us on the political field and get indy first!

Is it safe to say that not one living person in this country has ever lived in an Independent Scotland?  So what difference does it make?  It was 300 ****ing years ago.  We can't blame the Union as the greatest purple patch in our entire history (Industrial revolution/early 1900s)  was whilst being part of the Union and we were a top footballing side for 130 years whilst being part of it.

Is it safe to say that not one living person in this country has ever lived in an Independent Scotland?  So what difference does it make?  It was 300 ****ing years ago.  We can't blame the Union as the greatest purple patch in our entire history (Industrial revolution/early 1900s)  was whilst being part of the Union and we were a top footballing side for 130 years whilst being part of it.

I was meaning more regards a sense of identity.  The union did work well, no denying that, and it still could, just that those in charge have taken it for granted.

Have Scotland ever really been a "top" footballing side?  Our record would dispute that!

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

I was meaning more regards a sense of identity.  The union did work well, no denying that, and it still could, just that those in charge have taken it for granted.

Have Scotland ever really been a "top" footballing side?  Our record would dispute that!

We were a top footballing side until the world outside the UK discovered how to play the game better than us. So we were likely a top side for about 50/60 years. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We were a top footballing side until the world outside the UK discovered how to play the game better than us. So we were likely a top side for about 50/60 years. 

Before organised international football though?

Easy to be a top ten side if there are only ten teams playing! 😉

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Before organised international football though?

Easy to be a top ten side if there are only ten teams playing! 😉

I don’t think that ‘organised’ international football really start unti the first World Cup in the 1930s. The Home nations, of course, wouldn’t lower themselves to enter the first few.

Even as a kid in the 60s the Home Internationals felt more important than the World Cup or Euros. Parochialism didn’t serve us well in the long term. 

25 minutes ago, Boris said:

We used to qulaify for Euros when only 8 teams did and have qualified for 8 WC and could have been more for it not for our arrogance.  

Edited by i8hibsh

When I say arrogance I believe we used to poo poo the tournament in general thinkiing it was beneath us.  I may be wrong though.

We could have appeared in about 12 WCs in total.

Edited by i8hibsh

Also, when I say 'we used to qualify for euros when there were 8 teams I mean we qualified for World cups from the Euro groups when only 8 teams went into it.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We used to qulaify for Euros when only 8 teams did and have qualified for 8 WC and could have been more for it not for our arrogance.  

We've qualified for 2 Euros via the groups, and one via the back door.

3 tournaments out of 16.  Terrible record!

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Agreed. Mitigating factors are that only 8 teams were in the Euros till I think 1996 or something like that. the Euros were effectively quarter finals.

Agreed. Mitigating factors are that only 8 teams were in the Euros till I think 1996 or something like that. the Euros were effectively quarter finals.

But we were a "top" team...

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

But we were a "top" team...

Top yes, the best of the best no.

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Also, when I say 'we used to qualify for euros when there were 8 teams I mean we qualified for World cups from the Euro groups when only 8 teams went into it.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Certainly is a poor record considering Scotland now has a larger pool of players out with Scotland to select from. 

47 minutes ago, Boris said:

Top should be defined by regularly getting to finals as a minimum and also being viewed as able to compete with the better sides around. 

In peoples heads they look at the failures of some very good Scotland sides and sub-consciously look upon them as still being “top”.  Particularly the teams in the 70s and 80s.

Genuinely good players with many being key at top English clubs.

74,78,82,86,1990.   I think the combination of those tournaments cemented our reputation as glorious failures. A big result in there somewhere but ultimately not enough. 

Bindy Badgy
37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We used to qulaify for Euros when only 8 teams did

This happened once in 1992 so it wasn't a regular occurance.

Harry Potter
34 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

This happened once in 1992 so it wasn't a regular occurance.

1974 -1990 we qualified for 5 world cups, something far wrong now.