• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

I wish Scotland had a player like Gareth Bale.  Think of him what you like, but Wales have become a decent team in the last decade, and it's been because they have a forward outlet that they can depend on. 

We are one of the only European countries that don't really have a dependable World Class player in their team. 

Fitzroy Pointon
15 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

No we’re not bitter at all 😊

:laugh2:

Percival King
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

It'd be nice for Ukraine to equalise and make England B really work for it

Are Wales really England B? Does that mean Scotland are England C?

19 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

Taffs showing us how to play and sing with fire in the belly.

Land of my Fathers is a wonderful national anthem. 

The Treasurer
33 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Frustrating watch. We're a better team than Wales but they're showing the drive, energy and passion we failed to do on Wednesday.

And they've got a better shape.

You just summed up why we are not a better team than Wales 

Captain Scarlett
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Land of my Fathers is a wonderful national anthem. 

That’s not the Welsh anthem.

Der Kaiser

Yeah I probably should have worded that as we have better players which is what I was trying to say. The performance on Wednesday looked like a league game mentality and not the cup final mentality we should have shown.

I think Clarke has done a really good job but I don't think hes the guy to take us the next step forward. Too much deadwood in the squad still and a reluctance to play attacking football.

27 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So in short they are a better team

Night and day watching this versus the game the other night. 

Ukraine haven't been allowed to overrun the midfield, and Wales have been moving into the spaces leaving them little to exploit. 

Their finishing has been poor, and they've had their chances, but Wales have done the job they needed to.  We ****ed it well and truly. 

Could’ve been us. Should’ve been us. But we’ve gone all soft. Tartan army lifting their kilts and singing do ray me and drunkenly talking of glorious failure into the night. We tolerate poor performance and suffer in a crap stadium where you struggle to see the game and go out with a Hampden whimper not a roar.

kingantti1874

How bad was our performance the other night. Our players “on paper” play at a high level than wales (bale + Ramsay  aside)  

we are a joke.  Those players should be ashamed 

Very disappointed for Ukraine, that's two nations I'll now need to watch and desperately hope to see get royally pumped in the world cup.

mellors1874

That's what happens when you play the right tactics.

We've only ourselves to blame for one again missing a world cup.

J.T.F.Robertson

Ukraine deserved better and add to that the non-penalty, dearie me.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well done Wales, ignored the hype and just played their own game. Unlike a certain  Stevie Clarke led team. 

TyphoonJambo

Well done Wales but does this not seriously ask the qustion as to how badly run our national game is?

Malinga the Swinga

*****, absolute *****. A nation of ***** qualifies where we failed. Didn't watch it and won't be watching them or England games in world cup. ABE and ABW.

Der Kaiser

And the group that was awaiting....a real chance to finish second in it as well.

I'm ordering my Iran top today.

tiger Rudi

Apart from Bale, man for man our squad "should" be as good. Wales had team spirit, good organisation and were tactically sound, makes all the difference, oh and a bit of luck when needed. (it was quite a crap free kick tbh). Makes it even more galling when we were so piss poor. A chance to qualify thrown away down to shit tactics and formation. 

tiger Rudi
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How bad was our performance the other night. Our players “on paper” play at a high level than wales (bale + Ramsay  aside)  

we are a joke.  Those players should be ashamed 

Agreed

CostaJambo

Pity we never got to play them in pouring rain considering half of them hadn't played for 6 months. Should've beaten Ukraine regardless, Clarke's continued sticking with his favourites should see him out of the job right now before the next Euro campaign. Time for new blood. Also, this World Cup will be shite anyway.

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We are one of the only European countries that don't really have a dependable World Class player in their team. 

In an attacking position.

We have arguably thr best left back in Europe.

Pasquale for King

Well done Wales, shame for Ukraine, I had forgotten about the group that was waiting. 
How Clarke hasn’t been sacked is frankly a joke. 

4 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

That's what happens when you play the right tactics.

We've only ourselves to blame for one again missing a world cup.

Wales unlike Scotland got tore in to them. 

Ukraine are a good side but they tend to over play and we stood off them. 

We have ****ed up badly I'm afraid. 

The way Wales played today was like an old style Scottish team, full of fire and passion. 

Malinga the Swinga

One man to blame for failure and that is Scotland manager. Picked wrong team and wrong formation then refused to change it when it was obvious we were failing.

He shit it against Czech Republic, he shit it against Croatia and he shit it against Ukraine.

Now we have to sit and he bystanders while a nations of ***** goes to Qatar.

Thanks Steve, just **** off and don't come back.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

One man to blame for failure and that is Scotland manager. Picked wrong team and wrong formation then refused to change it when it was obvious we were failing.

He shit it against Czech Republic, he shit it against Croatia and he shit it against Ukraine.

Now we have to sit and he bystanders while a nations of ***** goes to Qatar.

Thanks Steve, just **** off and don't come back.

Chill out buddy! You won't be watching the world cup in Qatar anyway. 

Nookie Bear

Weird negativity about Scotland losing to Ukraine. 

They have some class players throughout the team. Scotland have a good keeper and about 23 excellent left backs. 
Adams and Dykes up front? I don’t think I would want that at Hearts let alone at international level. 

CostaJambo
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Wales unlike Scotland got tore in to them. 

Ukraine are a good side but they tend to over play and we stood off them. 

We have ****ed up badly I'm afraid. 

The way Wales played today was like an old style Scottish team, full of fire and passion. 

Said that to the missus on Wednesday, the Scotland teams of my youth left everything on the pitch, a team full of grafters, too much money in club football these days, I bet half of them are glad they will be getting a league break in November rather than playing. Still to see Robertson have a MOTM performance for us.

Bloody Wales!?  

Honestly?

That could, and should, have been Scotland heading off to the WC.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

They have some class players throughout the team. Scotland have a good keeper and about 23 excellent left backs. 
Adams and Dykes up front? I don’t think I would want that at Hearts let alone at international level. 

Pretty much this. Dykes is an imposter of a footballer and is never international class. Wales have bale, ramsey, Williams, and James,by far the more attacking threat than Scotland possess. 

Sorry, I quoted the wrong thing, my comment was in reference to wales being better or worse than Scotland 

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

😂😂😂 I would take them both if they were on a free! It's ok we can play the extra left backs on the right, it's part of Clarkes plan.

Wales fully deserved the win, played with desire, determination, passion & will to win, something Scotland used do, now, no so much, depressing. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

8/9 of our starting 11 would start for wales.. who just knocked them out.

and your comments on Adams.  He’d cost maybe £15million to buy

Just now, rmreido said:

Wales fully deserved the win, played with desire, determination, passion & will to win, something Scotland used do, now, no so much, depressing. 

I feel worse about Scotland now than I did last Wednesday. 

Happy for Wales but it could have been us. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Frustrating watch. We're a better team than Wales but they're showing the drive, energy and passion we failed to do on Wednesday.

And they've got a better shape.

We’re out. Shite on Wednesday. Well beaten. No fight. Players playing in wrong positions. Wales on the other hand put their bodies on the line. 

BTW has anyone suggested that Wales should step aside and let Ukraine go through. 😏

Or is it just Scotland that would be expected 'to do the right thing' 🤔

Bale alone would have beaten us in Cardiff. No chance we’d have laid a glove on them with dykes and adams. Interestingly there was no ‘good guy’ stuff towards Ukraine tonight, which our game was full of. 

Scotland has some good players but in the positions where we’re weak, we’re absolutely miles behind.

Jambo in Bathgate
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I feel worse about Scotland now than I did last Wednesday. 

Happy for Wales but it could have been us. 

Scotland management and players with the exception of Gordon were shite. 

1 minute ago, haj said:

Bale alone would have beaten us in Cardiff. No chance we’d have laid a glove on them with dykes and adams. Interestingly there was no ‘good guy’ stuff towards Ukraine tonight, which our game was full of. 

Scotland has some good players but in the positions where we’re weak, we’re absolutely miles behind.

Wales had their own Dykes up front, they won with an OG - try not to get too carried away.